rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which Australian/Kiwi city for quality of life/expense vs pussy?

So I am seriously considering taking the 1yr working holiday visa and moving to Australia or Newzealand and work for about 6 months working as a bar tender or at a hotel and save money for future travels in the FSU.

I have done some research and getting the job is the easier part and I've had offers of about 4500 aus dollars a month in both Melbourne and Sydney. Sydney sounds appealing but I dont wanna share a box room with another dude or live miserably in order to save money.

So anyone with Oz expertise if you can throw some light on finding balance between a city which is not too small, isolated or deserted and one which has some decent easy 6.5-8s to swoop, somewhere where being a French speaking dark guy with British Accent wont do me no harm and add a touch of exotic factor perhaps.

I am not asking for a magic pussy paradise but a city comparison of pros and cons would help my cause immensely. I dont know the first thing about Australia other than the fact that I dont mind slightly chubby, tall or broad shouldered women and after being in London amongst the trashiest loudest aggresive birds I doubt Australia would be much of a shock or downgrade.

Only place in Australia I've ever seen hot women thick on the ground is the Gold Coast.

Sun. Sand. Fine ass bitches.

Cost of living? Not sure. Can't be worse than the two cuntropolises of Sydney and Melbourne though.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Perth or Brisbane

I'm biased but I'll say Perth.

It's isolated in terms of its distance to other capitals within the country, but you're only a hop, skip and a jump to SEA of which the return flights can be very cheap.

In Perth you'll also find many Asian chicks as well as less corrupted Aussie chicks compared to SJW hubs such as Melbourne. Your particular exotic factor won't go unnoticed either.

Beaches are great here, good number of sunny days per year, world class wine region a few hours drive south as well. People say it's quiet in Perth, but it's what you make of it. Good time to buy real estate too as the market is quite deflated.

I've been here since mid 2015 and don't see myself leaving anytime soon (for comparison, I've lived in Melbourne and Adelaide).

"after being in London amongst the trashiest loudest aggresive birds I doubt Australia would be much of a shock or downgrade."

Aussie girls are trashier and louder than those in London, although the situation outside London in some of the surrounding chav counties is far worse than Australia.

Sydney is expensive so quality of life will be low without any money. Gold Coast and Perth have the best girls but exist in a cultural vacuum. Many English like sun without culture (Marbella, Canary Islands, Crete) - does this seem like you? Melbourne is better than almost any city in the UK but definitely no pussy paradise.

However, your French speaking ability and English background will be very much appreciated in Melbourne ("the ideal") and rents are half London's for better accommodation. There's a strong appreciation of hip hop despite a relative lack of black people.

New Zealand would definitely be a downgrade. I've yet to meet a decent looking girl from that country

Quote: (01-28-2017 10:07 AM)NapoleonDynamighty Wrote:  

Sydney sounds appealing but I dont wanna share a box room with another dude or live miserably in order to save money.

Keep in mind that while there are people doing exactly that in Melbourne, you don't have to go to such extremes in either city for the sake of your finances. You don't want to be another European on a Working Holiday Visa living three to a room.

Both Melbourne and Sydney are more expensive than continental Europe (bar Switzerland, maybe on par with Norway) but cheaper than London.
Try not to succumb to a régime of Uber Eats and Deliveroo meals like most bartenders do and you can save up loads.

AUD$4500 p/m isn't unheard of for bartending, but you'd be working crazy hours for that sort of pay. It's pretty hard to get a job and retain it in hospitality over here right now, how did you get so lucky? (Feel free to PM me if you want)

Aesthetically, Australian girls are a step up from British ones due to a more heterogeneous heritage, but that isn't saying much. The best way to game them is via social circle, but that takes time and patience — certainly more than 6 months, unless you know someone. Being a bartender alleviates that a lot, but you'd be working when everyone else is going out.

Speaking for Melbourne, the beaches are shite, but there's a strong culture of fitness/sport and live music (the latter not being as strong as London's). You shouldn't have much trouble making friends around these niches

English people fit in in Australia generally, the accent is a hit with Australian girls and dark skinned British guys of whichever background are a novelty. Some British people don't end up in Aussie social circles, some do.

You may want to consider Hobart. Rent seems to be decent and not too competitive, everyone know everyone so it's not too hard to make friends, but it still doesn't make too much of a "oversized country town" feel, there's a growing culinary and drinking scene, I saw a fair few 6.5-8's, it's said to be lily-white but there were number of minorities without making the city an overbearing melting pot.

It appears that your main aim is to work and save up money, whilst trying to at least enjoy life and women as much as possible whilst doing so.

Taking into account wages, cost of living and quality of life (including girls), I would recommend either Melbourne, Brisbane or Gold Coast.

Your savings will be minimised in Sydney due to high costs of living, especially housing.

Perth and Adelaide are very boring and wages in these cities are stagnating or falling.

Feel free to send me a PM.

I'm guessing you're half Black? That will be a big plus to you everywhere girl wise, but the Gold Coast and Perth are the least tolerant cities racially, with Melbourne being the most. I think anywhere else would be a downgrade in that aspect coming from London, even Sydney. Keep in mind Sydney and Queensland (i.e Brisbane and Gold Coast) all have lock-out laws now which will cramp your style. In Sydney you can't get into any venues after 1:30 or buy a drink after 3. It has literally hit the city like a wrecking ball. Areas like the CBD and Kings Cross that were once vibrant have now become ghost towns late in the night.

On your salary you could still afford rent in inner Sydney if you shared a place but you won't be able to save. There is a reason so many native Sydneysiders are leaving every year, the city is great to visit but it's infrastructure can't keep up and housing is so expensive. Melbourne has a lot of hipster/SJW girls and shit beaches (by Australian standards), but it is cheaper, has the best nightlife and public transport and the most to do culturally. And piggybacking off Que enspastic I think you specifically will do best in Melbourne of anywhere in Australia.

Prepare to be disappointed, you'd need to work 50+ hours a week to clear 4500 and that's before tax. So yeah you are looking at about 60 hours a week, Melbourne and Sydney have some of the most expensive rent in the world too, have fun!

He will think rents cheap coming from London.
Probably marvel at Australia's high living standards and the capacity of locals to insist how bad things are when really what they are complaining about would be considered 'living the dream' in UK

I highly don't recommend any NZ city for pussy. That being said, it's unlikely to be significantly worse than UK/Aus.

I'd much prefer to go straight to FSU if possible.

Can't really compare it to other cities in Australia, but Melbourne does have a pretty good standard of living. Great music scene, some really good quality bars (pertinently for you), museums, decent public transport (apparently good by Australian standards, but a far cry from the standard in Europe), diverse range of cuisine on offer, extensive sporting facilities in addition to being the location for a number of sporting events,generally friendly people. Terrible housing market but if you're not settling here that won't be a huge problem; rents seem to be decreasing due to large-scale construction of apartment complexes. Beaches aren't great compared to those in Queensland or New South Wales but no doubt an upgrade compared to the U.K. The weather is notably erratic. In terms of saving money I'm not sure I'd recommend Melbourne, but at least it's not as expensive as Sydney.
It's definitely not a 'poosy paradise', you would normally need strong game to do well here - however as some may have mentioned some hot girls have something of a fetish for black dudes 'cause they're quite underrepresented here, so I'd expect you'd do well with certain girls regardless. Your status as a foreigner and bartender may also help. Although they're difficult to game and have poor attitudes/personalities, from a purely physical perspective there's no shortage of attractive women here.

Quote: (01-29-2017 04:06 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

He will think rents cheap coming from London.
Probably marvel at Australia's high living standards and the capacity of locals to insist how bad things are when really what they are complaining about would be considered 'living the dream' in UK

Yeah. It's quite a surprise when you see for the first time how much poorer the standard of living is in the U.K compared to Australia. I'll never forget the time I brought a smokeshow from a small city in the Midlands home to my parents place. Her jaw dropped, she thought we were millionaires. Working class here looks like middle class there. Hence why even in 2017 the British are still our number 1 source of immigration. It's only the Nordic and Germanic countries in Europe that equal us or better.

I'll give you a warning OP. Many of the Brits that come here will never want to leave, but you will need to be in the lucky few who work in a field on our skills shortage list if you want to make that happen. Unless you marry.

Thanks so much everyone! This forum is such a treasure brothers sharing life changing first hand experience and dropping wisdom.

Yes basically I prefer a city with somewhat culture and as I am a working cameraman and have shot music videos for many known djs and got a decent cv. So although I dont want to put myself under the pressure of finding paid video gigs while in Oz I would always want to be in a place where shooting videos and getting paid on the side is a possibility. I also shot aftermovies at leading European music festivals so maybe promo videos for travel agencies in gold coast area is a possibility or working with local small timers in melbourne.

Reading all your above comments is making me lean towards Melbourne where rent is relatively cheap and there is a music scene and industry and not a city where I'll run out of new pussy (I am an approach monster and play the numbers game although getting lazier by the day and leaning more towards easy shags) . Perth and Hobart attract me and I tuned my tinder to Perth where I got tons of matches but even girls on tinder told me there is nothing going on in Perth and its a dead town.

I always feel the pressure of fitting in amongst regular people and pretend to be normal whereas in a nightclub or on dates I have insane conversion rate. Nights where I come home after 4 makeouts and almost shags with decent quality birds are my bad nights and I consider failure. So a place where I have to slowly build social circle to get laid is not my forte. A place brimming with sluts looking for ons is much more up my street. I did very well in France, Switzerland, Spain , Germany and absolutely killed it in East Europe/Balkans but I dont stand out in any way in London where competition is fierce and girls have tremendous bitch shields.

Also how does weather play a part ? If I get there in June , July are places going to be relatively dead due to it being winter? The difference between summer and winter is huge in Europe with all the music festivals travels and jobs on the go available in summer.

Basically I have given myself a year to save money and then go travel in remote destinations, shoot vlogs and video datasheets and do it full time. So in my mind I am ready for the hard work that it takes to reach my goals but at the same time dont want to get depressed and miserable while saving money. I need to save 10-15k euros and thats enough for me to fund my projects as I can always pick up camera jobs on the go .

I know London to a T and have never travelled outside Europe so in my mind spending some time in Oz saving money is a much better option than hustling in London paying ridiculous rent for small spaces and having no exotic factor. Oz could be a change of scenery and charming for those reasons and from the sounds of it Id definitely have bigger apartments and still save more than I am doing in London. Having travelled across Europe I have come to realise almost anywhere else I have more exotic factor and get easier pussy than in London so my expectations are not the highest. As some others have pointed out all the things that are bad in Australia are probably worse in UK.

Quote: (01-29-2017 04:59 PM)NapoleonDynamighty Wrote:  

So a place where I have to slowly build social circle to get laid is not my forte. A place brimming with sluts looking for ons is much more up my street. I did very well in France, Switzerland, Spain , Germany and absolutely killed it in East Europe/Balkans but I dont stand out in any way in London where competition is fierce and girls have tremendous bitch shields.

Also how does weather play a part ? If I get there in June , July are places going to be relatively dead due to it being winter? The difference between summer and winter is huge in Europe with all the music festivals travels and jobs on the go available in summer.

....some decent easy 6.5-8s to swoop, somewhere where being a French speaking dark guy with British Accent wont do me no harm and add a touch of exotic factor perhaps.

Don't go to Perth, Brissy etc etc, as Que enspastic has mentioned, they are a cultural vacuum. Brissy is unremarkable, Gold Coast has beautiful beaches but its bogan and full of silicone... a city like Perth & West Coast is a beautiful place to visit but you will get bored and restless of such an isolated city.

Melbourne is the "coolest" and my fav city in Aus, especially if you want a city with more culture and substance... but arriving in June beginning of winter will be painful.... therefore I suggest two options:
- 1st choice = Eastern Suburbs, Sydney
- Plan B = Byron Bay

One is a small beach town, the other is a coastal region in a big city. So it's hard to compare apples with oranges. But both receive heaps of touristas from all over the world, and you mentioned you did "very well in France, Switzerland, Spain , Germany and absolutely killed it in East Europe/Balkans", therefore you should go to place which is highly transient. Both Byron and Sydney's Eastern Suburbs are full of international people.

Sometimes you'll hear more people speaking French, Spanish and Portuguese in Bondi than speaking English, therefore you speaking French will be a strong point of difference.

Yes the rents in Sydney are very high, particularly in Bondi where everyone wants to live but your advantage is you're arriving in June which is the low season. A private room in Bondi goes for 350 in summer or 250 in winter. A twin-share room in Bondi goes for 250 in summer or 170 in winter. This is due to supply and demand. So in June you will have a better market to house hunt and not be left paying 250 to share a room with a dozen Brazilian blokes. Get a place as close as possible to the beach, as this is a destination where plenty of girls go to, it's also perfect logistically as you can use the beach for many rendezvous.

Don't come to Sydney for the nightlife, also it's very spread out, so logistics is everything. If you really enjoy and do well with nightgame, then pick a place close to Beach Road Hotel - its big night is Wednesday, and there's stunners galore, perhaps the best quality per capita of any place in Sydney.

Sydney is expensive yes however:
- we have very high minimum wage for hospitality jobs - so you can save up a lot of money here as long as you're frugal.
- If you're an adventurous and explorer type of person then you'll never get bored of Sydney there's countless number of places to swim, hike, camp, surf, snorkel, discover etc and all these activities are practically free.

TLDR:
Sydney has highest:
- Revolving door of foreign birds
- Beach/summer vibe and lifestyle
- Easy to find employment/jobs

you don't have to spend all your time in just one location bro. from what i recall with the holiday visa, employers can only take you on in 6-month stints, yea?

I'd use that opportunity to move around.

go get set up in melbourne first, then use your time off to travel and check out the other cities for yourself. if you're going to be doing bar work, melbourne's as fine a city as any to stack some cash in.

i also like the byron bay suggestion but note that it takes a rather specific type to fit in there. it's quite hipsterish, lot of the surfer/yogi types who are into vegan diets and juice cleansings and such.

Melbourne winters will be nothing compared to London. The average high in winter here is about 15 degrees celsius. We're talking about a city of 4.5 million, obviously there's more on in Summer that kind of weather just isn’t enough to shut this city down. Australians love to bitch about the weather, in all areas of life really we just don't realise how good we have it.

Quote: (01-30-2017 01:28 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

Melbourne winters will be nothing compared to London. The average high in winter here is about 15 degrees celsius. We're talking about a city of 4.5 million, obviously there's more on in Summer that kind of weather just isn’t enough to shut this city down. Australians love to bitch about the weather, in all areas of life really we just don't realise how good we have it.

Yeah, nah.

Summers in South Australia are enough to drive you nucking futs.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

I agree with Jungle spot on info. Can still get cool in winter in Sydney but way better than Melbourne. Either would be ok, but I much prefer Sydney.

Beach Road Hotel Wednesdays has been popular for many years, really big pub, free bands etc.

If you want cash then labour or find a labour hire company that puts on back packers.Do traffic control and the like.Bartending ain't that great for coin.
I met a couple scouse lads labouring with labour temp hire and they reckon they can save for a house back home on their wages here.
I know french Brit ,Swedish dudes bartending in Melb for just above minium wage.
Yeah Melbourne has bars but they are empty.And the joint is dead during winter.
Maybe your better off hitting the US and working for tips.
And we don't tip.

Thanks again for all the detailed info.

Can't get a working visa for USA and I imagine Australia is better for money, lifestyle and women over Canada ?
Also I want to save some money but not at the expense of manual labour or picking fruits. Need dinero but not as desperate.
Living somewhat cool while saving some be the priority.

How would you guys describe the expenses in Oz cities. Like what am I looking at for a nice 2 bedroom bachelor pad shared with a friend in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth somewhere in the city not necessarily central but not suburbs.

I am not smoking and wont be drinking rather just hang at the bar with a glass of ice tea pretending to be whisky while chatting up birds. Tried this while on antibiotics in Valencia and Zagreb and to my surprise didnt slow me down in fact my conversion rate increased. I am looking to hit the gym and shape up before my travels so pussy and culture be my only source of amusements. So how much am I looking at realistically to sustain a basic gym , work, occasional night outs but no drinking type scenario ?

Also I dont know if it occurs to anyone from Australia but as a foreigner it is interesting to note how all the important cities are south of the country. I'd have imagined South East Asia be cheaper and easier to get to from the North. What about Northern Australia for the winter and then moving south ? Any interesting cities or notable pros cons there ?

Thanks again for all the detailed information, ideas and suggestions. Hope this will help some future travellers pondering over a similar path as mine.

If you really want to come to the land of fatties and SJWs and expensive living, then I go plus one for the Gold Coast, just south of Brisbane.

Epic weather, party town and lost of opportunities for hospitality work and easy lays with tourists and out of town girls looking to get laid.

Not cheap, but the beaches are to die for.

Rent's in Sydney vary a lot. Work on about $700-$750 a week for two bedrooms as a guide. Travel to Asia is cheap from the Southern cities due to the huge number of seats available.
If you know where to go the food scene is great here, a huge range of nationalities and plenty of good places at good prices.
The eastern suburbs would be fine for a holiday trip plus plenty of British people. Not much in the way of trains but plenty of buses at reasonable prices.
The city center is mainly Asian, you would be surprised I'd say 60-70% of people.

House prices in Sydney are insane, second highest in the world (Hong I think first) but rents haven't gone up anywhere as much for some reason.

Good money on building sites if you have contacts rather than working for Labour hire firms doing grunt work.

I reckon 6 months here would be enjoyable, and spring / autumn here can be just the best weather ever. There would be plenty of girls to meet if your'e working at the bars. Fine for banging which is what your'e after but avoid like the plague for relationships.

Northern Australia would be interesting would't appeal to me though, smaller cities with huge areas of not much around them if you are into the city life.

Typical rent for a room in inner Melbourne will be around $250 a week for something in the CBD (Central Business District) or just outside it like Fitzroy or South Yarra. If you want to be cheap and save you can find in gentrifying areas rooms in sharehouses going for $150 a week in places like Footscray, Coburg and Preston but their popularity with young people is based on being 1 layer out from the bars/cafes/restaurants rather than having it themselves, although this is changing rapidly.

Honestly with 6 months I would just stick to 1 city, it takes time to get to know the best places and make enough friends. And Northern Australia is a wasteland outside of the backpackers in Cairns during tourist season. But if you wanted to have a one night stand with an average looking Brit or Swede you could do that back home. Or in Sydney or Melbourne for that matter.