rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Second and third tier cities

Bit of a rant - I am stuck in a bind. I am about to get British citizenship, which gets me to my goal and I can leave London.

I can't stand the people I work with, and I generally can't stomach London anymore. It is too expensive, it is too crowded and I could go on. Point is there is more I dislike about London than like at this point. I am now older than my party years and I feel the pull of wanting to be closer to my brother and parents. However, they live in Canada. I left the country 7 years ago for a reason, post-Trudeau it is even worse there I fear. So I feel trapped.

That leaves the question open. Where is a good place to live in europe? I'm pretty conservative with my finances but haven't saved up a ton. Part of me wants to take a risk and quit my job and just move to a Berlin or a Warsaw. Anybody know of any other second or third tier cities in europe that an English speaking person stands a chance of finding a job? Would consider the US to be closer to family, but that's a last resort I think.

This depends on what kind of city you are looking for. If you're a conservative person, then Berlin might not be the best bet.

I personally think it depends on where you can find a job. If you can find a job in a "Swansea size city" (my favourite place) in the UK, then stay there. Otherwise, Eastern or Southern Europe would be nice. Although you have to bear in mind you need to learn a new language.

Quote: (01-15-2017 05:23 AM)PBateman Wrote:  

Bit of a rant - I am stuck in a bind. I am about to get British citizenship, which gets me to my goal and I can leave London.

...Part of me wants to take a risk and quit my job and just move to a Berlin or a Warsaw. Anybody know of any other second or third tier cities in europe that an English speaking person stands a chance of finding a job?

Never take life changing decisions under "pressure", especially when it is internal.
Take your time. Look for a job while you are still occupying a position.

I understand your frustration, but take your time. This is crucial since your resources are low.

Also
Consider starting a side hustle which is location independent. This will make your landing "soft".

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi