rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

As You Get Older, Have Your Standards Raised Or Lowered?

Just a bang: Lowered, honestly. My standards were ridiculously high in highschool/college and I passed up on a lot of average snatch trying to seek out unicorns. Nowadays, as long as she passes the boner test it's good to go.

For a relationship: Raised. Just because she is good at draining ballsacks does not mean she will make good girlfriend/wife material. I've finally learned my lesson on that after I let a few crazies get the best of me.

I've never had low standards in my life. I know it sounds cliche but it's true. I've always valued quality. I have no idea what it's like to hook up with a girl that guys call average 6 or common 7. No matter what was my goal at the time, ons, fb or ltr, it just wasn't an option to me.

The reason for this is that I was never interested in pump and dump thing. Every girl I actively went for was attractive and once we slept with each other I kept seeing her to enjoy ourselves as much and long as we could. Why would I dump a girl after having sex few times? Ever since I started chasing tail actively I had hot girls in my life. That was the whole point of game to me.. to have attractive girls around at all times.

Interesting thing is that every GF I had raised the bar more or less for another girl. These days I cannot imagine dating a girl who does not wear high heels and dresses. It's impossible to me, I literally lose interest when a girl rocks sneakers etc. I'm spoiled little shit now but I like where it's going [Image: amuse.gif]

Standards for looks = lowered from 8 to 6.5. Beauty is fun, but on the back end, other guys pursuing her and entitled attitudes are huge downsides.

Standards for helpfulness= Way higher. Now that I can support a girl in low cost settings, I'm not interested in her unless she will center her life around me and my projects. I essentially want a helper who is also a wife. Someone dedicated to her job would be boring to me. She's either working or exhausted from work.

My standards have lowered as I get older and less physically attractive.

Don't debate me.

Depends on how multiple factors...

1) Your location (quantity of attractive women, acceptable dating age gaps, local economy)
2) Your looks (Are you more attractive then some younger guys? can you compete with them? ... basics like height, weight, blahblahblah)
3) Your Physique (Do you have the dad bod, are you muscular with 6 pack abs, and etc)
4) Status (How much money you make, Your Career, Social Life)
5) Health (Do you have optimal health for your age... no ED? Do you have a high sex drive?)

Not in any particular order but being completely honest with yourself is the best way to get the best results. You have to do whats best for you. Remember that women do the choosing in the dating game, and its about what they want more then what you want. Women have more options then men. You can "approach" as many women as you want, but you must accept that reality first. Just take a pragmatic approach and you'll be fine. Don't listen to people that say "I dont have to lower my standards", maybe there blessed to be in that situation. Maybe they have great genetics, great looks, money, and etc.

My standards for fucking have definitely gone way down in the last 5 years while my standards for a girl I'd want an LTR with have gotten much higher.

My standards have increased a lot, both when in comes to looks and the amount of shit I'm willing to put up with. I feel like I have lost interest in 5s and even 6s have to contribute something special to be worth my time. In my youth I would waste my time on 4s with shitty attitudes. I was completely beta in my dealings with women and had negative game; girls basically scared me. Now I am much older and less fit, but I meet 8+ girls without fear - thanks to game and in no small part this forum.

Roissy once wrote that every man has to settle for less at some point. Even DiCaprio has to lower his standards from 9 to 7.

Don't debate me.

Quote: (01-12-2017 12:06 PM)kartik13 Wrote:  

Depends on how multiple factors...

1) Your location (quantity of attractive women, acceptable dating age gaps, local economy)
2) Your looks (Are you more attractive then some younger guys? can you compete with them? ... basics like height, weight, blahblahblah)
3) Your Physique (Do you have the dad bod, are you muscular with 6 pack abs, and etc)
4) Status (How much money you make, Your Career, Social Life)
5) Health (Do you have optimal health for your age... no ED? Do you have a high sex drive?)

Not in any particular order but being completely honest with yourself is the best way to get the best results. You have to do whats best for you. Remember that women do the choosing in the dating game, and its about what they want more then what you want. Women have more options then men. You can "approach" as many women as you want, but you must accept that reality first. Just take a pragmatic approach and you'll be fine. Don't listen to people that say "I dont have to lower my standards", maybe there blessed to be in that situation. Maybe they have great genetics, great looks, money, and etc.

Puzzled by this response. Do you even Game, bro?

Definitely raised. I think once you hit X amount of notches (it'll vary from guy to guy, but anywhere from 50-100 in my experience with myself and friends) you lose a lot of the drive to fuck everything and anything and become more selective. It becomes more about quality than quantity.

I've been lucky enough (or worked hard enough) that my physique and financial situation have been continually improving since I was a teenager too, which probably helps. In a few years time once I begin to decline physically in my mid 30s I wonder if the upward trend will be forced to reverse.

Physical standards have dropped. The hotter the woman the more bullshit I anticipate, and I no longer have the patience for it. I'll take a 6 that's trying to please over a 9 that's a pain in the ass.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

No reason why you will decline physically in your 30's. You just have to work a little harder. I am 39 and in the best shape of my life.

As for my standards...I think they have raised a little bit. I am such a whore that I will fuck almost anything. BUT, I made a promise to myself for 2017 for No More Fatties.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Do you guys think its an American cultural thing to have sought out unicorns (or at least the hotter among girls) when younger?

I'm looking personally for sweeter girls (as the above are, those who are classic and more aim to please) that are attractive in general rather than hot, which generally equates to "trouble". For long term of course

As you get older youth becomes more of an asset. A 6 who is much younger than you becomes as attractive as an 8

Raised. I am reaching levels I never thought I could some years ago. Experience, tranquility, and knowing that around the corner there is a better option waiting, helped this

Coming fresh out of a divorce and being in a basically sexless marriage for years I had very low litmus test over the past year. My resolution this year was to start going for quantity over quality. We'll see how long that lasts lol

Quote: (01-12-2017 12:14 PM)Pride male Wrote:  

Roissy once wrote that every man has to settle for less at some point. Even DiCaprio has to lower his standards from 9 to 7.

He's wrong.

Quote: (01-12-2017 12:36 PM)graffix13 Wrote:  

No reason why you will decline physically in your 30's. You just have to work a little harder. I am 39 and in the best shape of my life.

As for my standards...I think they have raised a little bit. I am such a whore that I will fuck almost anything. BUT, I made a promise to myself for 2017 for No More Fatties.

Very true. We're men for god's sake we have more time [Image: amuse.gif]

They have raised. I found out after my first bang that a girl In the bedroom looks entirety different from when you see her in person. Buttaheads with thin waists just don't cut it anymore.

Growth Over Everything Else.

Quote: (01-12-2017 12:18 PM)vinman Wrote:  

Physical standards have dropped. The hotter the woman the more bullshit I anticipate, and I no longer have the patience for it. I'll take a 6 that's trying to please over a 9 that's a pain in the ass.

I completely understand where you're coming from. The thing is, at least for me, no matter how many other positive traits she may have, I can't be fully satisfied with a "6" when I see "9s" out and about. Conversely, as much as having a "9" on your arm makes you feel like Mr. Big Swingin' Dick, the drama and sense of entitlement that inevitably come with having such top-tier T&A makes a guy long for the effort a "6" will put in just to keep him around.

When it comes to dating/relationships, people generally present the best versions of themselves in the beginning. Once the "honeymoon phase" is over and the transition into the "comfort zone" is complete, that's when you truly find out who you're dealing with. The longer you're in "the game," the more effective you'll become at screening, but some girls are truly gifted actresses and will appear, at least initally, to be everything you're looking for -- until they've gotten a commitment from you, or a ring on their finger. Once that happens, all bets are off.

There's really only two ways I've found for a guy to, effectively, "have his cake and eat it, too":

. "Spinning plates" as a bachelor

. Cheating on a LTR

Of the two options, it's much easier to spin plates. If you've never entered into an agreement of exclusivity with a woman, she can't really be too upset if you're seeing other women. Well she can, but she doesn't really have a right to. I think the best situation a man can find himself in, is going from one woman to the next the moment the "honeymoon phase" is over. By then, you've already had them at their best -- I don't give a fuck what Marilyn Monroe says, I have no interest in handling a woman at her worst.

Quote: (01-12-2017 08:43 AM)killjoy Wrote:  

Just a bang: Lowered, honestly. My standards were ridiculously high in highschool/college and I passed up on a lot of average snatch trying to seek out unicorns. Nowadays, as long as she passes the boner test it's good to go.

For a relationship: Raised. Just because she is good at draining ballsacks does not mean she will make good girlfriend/wife material. I've finally learned my lesson on that after I let a few crazies get the best of me.

I'd agree with this, it's the same for me.

But I find myself attracted to well kept older women as I get older. Maybe its natures way of being kind, but I just can't stand the drama, entitlement and bitchiness of young women. Give me a mature, experienced woman who has grown out of the drama and likes to fuck.

Quote: (01-12-2017 05:05 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2017 08:43 AM)killjoy Wrote:  

I'd agree with this, it's the same for me.

But I find myself attracted to well kept older women as I get older. Maybe its natures way of being kind, but I just can't stand the drama, entitlement and bitchiness of young women. Give me a mature, experienced woman who has grown out of the drama and likes to fuck.

[Image: agree.gif]

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

For getting laid - lowered no question. As others - I passed up some good pussy when I was younger for STUPID reasons...a mole, a whatever. Now I can find beauty easier. Maybe its just nice tits. Or thin and younger. Or....

But I still won't go for fat chicks. Just can't. no Bueno no boner.

Quote: (01-12-2017 05:45 PM)bradz Wrote:  

For getting laid - lowered no question. As others - I passed up some good pussy when I was younger for STUPID reasons...a mole, a whatever. Now I can find beauty easier. Maybe its just nice tits. Or thin and younger. Or....

But I still won't go for fat chicks. Just can't. no Bueno no boner.

Agreed. That's where I draw the line.

The mere sight of all that blubber would instantly kill any boner I would have. I don't know how guys do it honestly. All that excess skin...[Image: puke.gif]

My standards for looks has always been moderate to high. Never been a fan of dumpster diving. Seems embarrassing to me. Perhaps I'm just not as horny as some other men. I don't do casual sex any longer, as I'm in LTR/wife hunting mode at this current point in my life. I'd be okay marrying a wife who is a 7, not a 9 or 10, as long as she has a great attitude and smarts. My standard for a woman's personality has to be a 9 or 10. I'm extremely picky that I won't date feminists or lazy chicks, selfish chicks, etc. When a man is in it for the long game, he must filter ruthlessly, whereas when a man just wants a quick roll in the sack, he's only filtering more so for sluttiness (easiness factor) and secondarily looks. The women who are most slutty tend to be of middling attractiveness, because more attractive women can usually (not always) get men on lock down for commitment. That is especially true in countries where there is a shortage of attractive women, like the United States.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein