rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Disgraceful Ronda Rousey as a social metaphor

"I can count on one hand, literally, the number of women I have ever met that can take that kind of advice, accept it and make use of it without their epic egos setting metaphorical fire to the conversation.

Most women "looking for advice" are in reality looking for someone to validate their cosmic victimhood, because it's not really their fault, because it's never their fault. This behavioural trait isn't absent among men, but when we fail society cares not, while when women fail there is no shortage of comforting platitudes on offer from every vector."

-Leonard D Neubache

The above is me qouting Suits's signature qouting Leonard D Neubache but on the eve of UFC 207 this stands true more than ever.

Both Conor Mcgregor and Ronda Rousey were on a dream mystic larger than life run of victories and unprecedented dominance in their division. Conor got his ass handed to him choked by Nate Diaz and Ronda got her nose busted by a head kick. Ronda disappeared straight into hiding not only post fight but for the entire year and Conor identified the reason behind his loss within seconds and broke it down to Joe Rogan and then to reporters post fight, worked on his energy and efficiency and came back to avenge the loss with a more measured approach against a bigger guy who is the only man till date that can eat Conor's left hand and not go to sleep.

Conor goes one step further this time headlining madison square garden and winning a second belt in a different weight division and make one of the most respected veteran of the game look like an amateur. Conor cements his previous mystic and legacy in style and shuts everyone up.

Throughout this Ronda keeps hiding and her entourage and "well wishers" keep reminding you how she deserves sympathy and time to recover mentally and what she has done for women in combat sports and her past glory .

Finally when she does come back she refuses to do media to promote the fight (obviously because she's too fragile and in denial to talk about the ass whooping she got). She robs the current Belt holder Amanda Nunes who won the belt fair and square the chance to build up towards the biggest high profile fight of her career that she's earned fair and square. Any interview Ronda did do she was in tears everytime with the slightest mention of her loss. Incidentally Conor Mcgregor was removed from an event he was supposed to headline and suspended because he refused to do one media session.

Ronda exemplifies everything we already knew about Women seeking and getting sympathy , being in denial , throwing tantrums having their way not by logic but by emotional victim crying and you can find the same pattern in all female athletes and role models in Tennis , Martial arts, Finance or Hollywood.

I never liked Rousey. Men can pull off being arrogant, but it's never a good look on a woman. I remember when they were trying to prop her up as some sort of sex symbol and all I could think of was this:

[Image: attachment.jpg35213]   

Speak for yourself brother.

[Image: attachment.jpg35214]   [Image: attachment.jpg35215]   

This bird Miesha Tate I'd drink her sweat from a champagne flute and wear her farts like a perfume. Yes I would.

This post belongs in the Rhonda thread.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Haven't seen or heard a word from this chick since she lost and the galaxy level circlejerk over her disappeared overnight; until, that is, she appeared in some commercial the other day where she met some little girl who considered Rousey her hero and wanted to meet her. Why a little girl is watching female MMA is beyond me, hardly appropriate material to be watching in my opinion. I guess they decided enough time had passed and a new feminist propaganda campaign was to begin of filling young girls heads with nonsense about becoming some mannish fighter. What, exactly, is there to look up to in what a female MMA fighter does? I have no idea. Why anyone watches women trying to fight like men, behaving like men, and trying to look like beat up bruised fighters is beyond me too. Shit is repulsive like all female combat sports.

Quote: (12-30-2016 12:12 PM)NapoleonDynamighty Wrote:  

Speak for yourself brother.

This bird Miesha Tate I'd drink her sweat from a champagne flute and wear her farts like a perfume. Yes I would.

5/10

Quote: (12-30-2016 12:53 PM)Once Was Not Wrote:  

Haven't seen or heard a word from this chick since she lost and the galaxy level circlejerk over her disappeared overnight; until, that is, she appeared in some commercial the other day where she met some little girl who considered Rousey her hero and wanted to meet her. Why a little girl is watching female MMA is beyond me, hardly appropriate material to be watching in my opinion. I guess they decided enough time had passed and a new feminist propaganda campaign was to begin of filling young girls heads with nonsense about becoming some mannish fighter. What, exactly, is there to look up to in what a female MMA fighter does? I have no idea. Why anyone watches women trying to fight like men, behaving like men, and trying to look like beat up bruised fighters is beyond me too. Shit is repulsive like all female combat sports.

When I was growing up, parents weren't fond of boys watching professional wrestling -- because it was "too violent." Now they're wanting girls to watch UFC?

Personally, there are only two competitions I'm interested in seeing women compete in, and they are as follows:

[Image: attachment.jpg35216]   

and

[Image: attachment.jpg35217]   

Rounda Rousey is still going to lose... I guarantee it!

Quote: (12-30-2016 03:09 PM)Tayo Wrote:  

Rounda Rousey is still going to lose... I guarantee it!

I think the odds have moved in favor of Nunes in the past month or so, but Ronda is still a favorite at -175. Will you be looking to turn a profit on this one?

http://www.oddsshark.com/ufc/ufc-207-ron...tting-odds

It should also be noted that Connor got yanked from UFC 200 for not wanting to do some of the press that the UFC wanted him to do. Rhonda gets a free pass and they're not letting Nunes do any.

Quote: (12-30-2016 02:01 PM)LeoneVolpe Wrote:  

Quote: (12-30-2016 12:53 PM)Once Was Not Wrote:  

When I was growing up, parents weren't fond of boys watching professional wrestling -- because it was "too violent." Now they're wanting girls to watch UFC?

If I remember correctly the girl in the commercial is quite young, I'm almost certain. I don't even know what the commercial was for, never noticed. And yeah, it seems so, I mean how else would she know of Rousey's existence? Her mother in the commercial was all in on it too.

I have money on Nunes. Fight game has a huge mental aspect and Rhonda seems mentally unstable right now.

I busted a nut on this loss.

You got knocked the fuck out bitch!!

Wow. Retirement coming shortly.

48 seconds.

When Rousey lost to Holm her coach refused to admit Holm dominated her in striking. Hard to fix a problem if you won't admit you have one.

She hightailed out the ring before Bruce Buffer could finish announcing the fight ! If a man ran like a coward like that he would not have any credibility or respect ! When winning without getting touched because of being on a good run and talent doesn't show the mettle of champions. Ronda rode the easy ride being a one trick pony but when it came to dealing with challenges and adversity she's by far the worst despicable role model out there. Roger Federer is still grinding it out after 17 grand slams and still touring year long in the circuit knowing that he doesn't coast through tournaments and most likely never will win a grand slam again . That's the champions defiance and spirit. Conor Mcgregor faced the world after his loss , showed true fighting spirit immediately avenging insisting on fighting at the same 170 lbs as the first fight .

I guess there's a reason why the phrases exists - Be a man ! and - Don't be a Pussy !!

Anyone remember the talk of Ronda vs. Cyborg? Pshhh

She walked straight off too, Nunes tried to chase her down for a handshake but she was already out of the ring. Pathetic stuff. Direct contrast from Conor as the OP stated. It's like she didn't even work on her boxing at all.

^^looked like it. I think she came in confident expecting and betting on an early chance to grab a hold of Nunes and take the fight to the ground. We saw a push kick or 2, a new addition to her striking. She prob should have dropped the push kick and worked head movement and foot work. She just stood there take long shots with her glass chin..

As far as her walking out the cage as soon as the fight was called - She didn't do a single interiew or media appearance for the event (outside of weigh-ins), which UFC approved, so I don't think anyone was expecting post-fight comments. She still a horrible sore loser.

Aside from the fact she sucks, you'd have to assume at this point that Rousey only turned up for a paycheck, not because she thought she'd actually win.

Last day of 2016. The Grim Reaper claims another scalp.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Rousey's done.

Female combat sports are degenerate and should not really be a thing.

First of all, fighting is a very masculine activity. Women should not be fighting like that. Second of all, these women may call themselves "athletes" but they are really just showing off their bodies for money, just like any other model.

Is it really all that surprising that the majority of these female "fighters" love to pose nude in magazines?

You cannot expect these female fighters to have the same attitude and discipline as male fighters. Men who become fighters are doing something that is very natural to them. Women who become fighters are doing something that is very unnatural to them. So it is not surprising that these women would not be the most stable, disciplined, self-aware people out there. If they were, they would not become fighters in the first place.

Quote: (12-31-2016 01:04 AM)Impavidus Wrote:  

Anyone remember the talk of Ronda vs. Cyborg? Pshhh

Cyborg would kick Ronda's head into the stands.