rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Increasing alcohol tolerance

Ive recently started going out more often and have realized that I get drunk, or at least tipsy real quick.

This is not convenient because I end up screwing my game or getting fucked up and doing crazy stuff.

I try drinking water often while drinking and eat pretty well before going out drinking. None of this stuff has helped me improve my tolerance.

I tend to go for hard liquor like scotch but Ive also gotten drunk pretty easily with beer (probably around 10 i start getting pretty boozed up)

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Ten beers in one night isn't enough for you? I say this with the utmost concern, that I seriously think you might be a borderline alcoholic if you can't go out and have less than that and be happy. For the sake of your pocketbook and health, give consideration to less, not more, especially if your family has a history of alcoholism.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Yes, slow your drinking down. Have a drink, then a water, then a drink. Maybe set a limit (3) of the number of drinks you'll have when you go out.

Noone should have a "tolerance" for booze - too much will end up wrecking you man.

10 beers deep a few days a month will get you a beer gut in no time and an expensive night.

Turnus is right, set a limit, keep with it.

It's not the booze max/min that's screwing up your game - it's your anxiety and game itself that is the problem.

Time for a change.

Start doing sober game, approaches, dates, etc. a drink or two during this at the most is your max - get a fake cocktail of water and lemon slices.

I see you've already checked out the "1 Year Drinking Wagon Challenge" thread. From what you've said, I recommend you keep looking there. No matter how someone tries to spin it, alcohol is poison, and no, not just from some religious/spiritual standpoint, it's poison to our bodies. Why on earth do you need to increase tolerance? Drinking more doesn't make you "more of a man". Quite the opposite in fact.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

10 beers?

Bro, I start getting a buzz after 2. It's awesome, never spend more than 10$ the rare times I go out nowadays. Being concerned about how many drinks you can down is for insecure teenagers.

I don't understand why you'd want to increase your tolerance, unless you want to end up like this guy:
[Image: 702081666-FrankGallagher30.jpg]

Listen to the posters above.

I drank myself until I was a beer away from pancreatitis, amazingly I recovered after going cold turkey.

Am I saying you shouldn't drink? No, that is your choice. However I would advise you revise your drinking habits into something moderate and not a gut-rotting sketch straight out of a college frat comedy

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Use moderation in all things, especially drugs and alcohol. Never forget what Dean Wormer said:

When I go out I drink 3 beers max OR traditional drink called gemišt (white wine + carbonated water, think english word is "spritzer"). If I drink that on empty stomach I get a buzz and know I need to stop quickly. I stopped getting drunk couple of years ago.
Haven't looked back ever since. Maybe once per year I tend to drink just over my limit, most likely on New Years Eve, but that's it.
There are some "cons" though. I have couple of friends who are from famous drinking parts of Croatia and I must always decline their invitation to their apartment or to go out with them. I know what that would be, total shitfaced experience for me as I don't have their tolerance.

Quote: (12-21-2016 12:25 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Noone should have a "tolerance" for booze - too much will end up wrecking you man.

10 beers deep a few days a month will get you a beer gut in no time and an expensive night.

It's not the booze max/min that's screwing up your game - it's your anxiety and game itself that is the problem.

Time for a change.

Start doing sober game, approaches, dates, etc. a drink or two during this at the most is your max - get a fake cocktail of water and lemon slices.

Quote: (12-20-2016 11:26 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Ten beers in one night isn't enough for you? I say this with the utmost concern, that I seriously think you might be a borderline alcoholic if you can't go out and have less than that and be happy. For the sake of your pocketbook and health, give consideration to less, not more, especially if your family has a history of alcoholism.

Solid advice to the OP, +1 from me.

"Have a drink, then a water, then a drink." <= 100%

My drinking was pretty out of control about 1.5 years ago and handling the pace at which I was drinking was crucial at getting that back in check.

If you find yourself getting too drunk and doing stupid shit, you need to reevaluate your alcohol consumption.

Find and Address Your Why

Unless you're doing something epic with fine women abroad, there aren't many reasons to get totally sauced. Alcohol abuse can go from 0 to 60 real quick. Coming to in jail handcuffed to a wheelchair is not something you want to experience. Also, alcohol withdrawal is scary and dangerous.

No one likes drunks and it's far easier to get that label than it is to remove it. Good friends will tolerate that for a while but eventually, every drunk gets the axe. Don't be that guy. I don't like lecturing but if you're drinking 10 beers and doing stupid shit, there's a strong chance your headed in this direction.

If you feel weird about being at a bar and drinking water, order bitters and soda.

Increased fluid intake means you have to pee more frequently. I don't like having to pee constantly esp. when gaming and bathrooms/lines are often a clusterfuck at popular venues after 12.

Bro, you're being a pussy. 10 beers should be your pregame. You should have another 10 once you go out. Cut out the domestics. Stick with manly craft beers like IPA's.

I'm obviously being a douche right now but you get my point. Why do you want to increase your tolerance? I'm guessing you aren't pledging a fraternity during sophomore year of college.

The best answer to getting less drunk on a night out is to drink less. I know it seems like rocket science, but controlling yourself actually works. You don't have to get fucked up to pull. I know the devil on your shoulder is saying, "more". Tell him to fuck off.

Spend time figuring out why you are getting fucked up. I think it was Kaotic who said in another thread, "Alcohol makes a great servant, but an awful master." If it wasn't Kaotic I apologize to whomever posted the quote.

Why is everyone acting like 10 drinks is borderline alcoholic? I guess it depends on how often you do it (Couldn't do it more than twice a week) but that's a standard weekend night for me. Hell, I smashed down 12 vodkas in the space of an hour last week.

OP, you're issue is actually a good one to be having because all you need to do is drink less, which is better for you anyway in the long run (and cheaper). If it were the opposite and you built up a tolerance so that you can't even get drunk, then that would be a more concerning issue as if you would feel inclined to drink more.

Quote: (12-21-2016 04:47 AM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Why is everyone acting like 10 drinks is borderline alcoholic? I guess it depends on how often you do it

10 beers would be about average for me, and by that I mean daily average over 365 days a year. Some days it might be 15, others only 2 or 3, and on rare occasions, none at all... but averaged out, I reckon about 10, and I'm talking about real Australian beers, not that American pisswater.

It's not something I want to continue forever, but I know I'm not prepared for the wagon thread just yet either. It's just what I find myself doing every evening. Here is a detailed and accurate artist's impression of me every night...
[Image: shit-poster.png]

So, as someone with over 10 years of 10+ beers per day experience, this is what I can tell you about tolerance.
If you keep it up every single day, no problem. I know much harder drinkers than me who do just that. But if I, as a seasoned drinker was to cut back and have only say, two or three beers on a Wednesday and Thursday night, then go out and have ten on Friday, I would be kicked out of the venue or at least refused service for sure.

I have, by conservative estimates, consumed well in excess of fifty thousand beers. The level of tolerance you're talking about has not become evident in my extensive research.

(Edit: Not 50 000 tonight, only 7....Make that 8.)

Quote: (01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  
I stand by my analysis.

When I was 21-23 a regular night for me was somewhere between 15-20 beers and anywhere from 4-8 shots. My metabolism was high and I ate like a horse. Those nights I had a good buzz. If I wanted to get drunk I upped the amount of shots. One of my great friends is a Marine and on the Corp's birthday I was trying to go shot for shot with him. I ended up doing 13 to his 18. And I was pretty sauced, but managed. He used to order a long island by the pitcher to start his night.

As I've gotten older, my metabolism has slowed a bit and I changed my diet. Before I used to eat everything, and a ton of startches. I think that soaked up a lot of the booze. Now I basically only eat proteins and veggies and a very minimal amount of starch and feel like a light weight. I also can't handle more than 2 shots now. I found out hard alcohol makes me sleep walk and I "mark my territory" now when I'm blotto.

Then I go out and this happens.....
[Image: 1gcqzt.jpg]

But honestly, like some of the other guys said, don't do it. Especially for your health. I look back at pictures from that time towards the end of that phase and seeing how bloated and fat I look is cringe worthy. I always tell myself to drink more water when I'm out but never do. I have to get myself in check not only because I fade into a blackout more quickly, the horrible all day hangover headache, but also because I'm tired of cleaning up piss.

If you want anymore inspiration, check out Charlemagne In Sweatpants Goes To Rehab [Datasheet]. It truley made me think twice about my drinking habits.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

So there it is OP - either keep drinking at this rate until your tolerance inevitably catches up, or just pace yourself every time you drink.

Id recommend switching things up. You should do some sober stretches. It sounds like you are digging a rut that says its cool to be dependent on booze, or you are tellng your body its okay to deplete your health and wealth for drinking.

Now a days I mostly just drink intimately with a female when it is sure fire going to lead to sex. Rarely do I drink socially anymore and honestly if I do it is usually not fun.

I do not even like bars anymore. Only under specific circumstances.

Read up, there is raw, bare Red Pill truth all over this thread.
The kind of "shit I don't want to hear this but I know it is true" real knowledge being dropped.

Alcohol is extremely ESTROGENIC!
Consuming beer starts a chemical reaction that is literally reducing your masculinity and increasing the feminization of your body.

Whether you want to accept this information or not, doesn't change the fact that it is 100% true.

Forget this "building your tolerance" bullshit.
All you'll end up doing is weakening your muscles, get fatter and slow your mind.

Appearance of drinking is what you should aim for.
Order a Diet Coke and act drunk, meanwhile your sharp like a Cobra.
Straight up Predator that Poon with a Clear Head.

Dude I used to think like you but it's better to be a lightweight than to go to a bar and have to buy 10 beers and still feel barely buzzed. I tend to drink out of nervousness or just to have something to do wtih my hands, I imagine you have the same thing going on. Get over that and be happy you can get buzzed off 2 drinks.

10 drinks over several hours isn't a big night out in my book.

If you can down 10 you have a reasonable tolerance to drink, any more "tolerance" would get you into a bad place health wise.

Space it out, drink a few waters and watch out for putting that foot down after ten and ending up messy - we all want to do that when we are in the zone.

Quote: (12-20-2016 11:22 PM)joecolombia Wrote:  

I try drinking water often while drinking and eat pretty well before going out drinking. None of this stuff has helped me improve my tolerance.

I tend to go for hard liquor like scotch but Ive also gotten drunk pretty easily with beer (probably around 10 i start getting pretty boozed up)

If I wanted to 'trawl' RVF members to see who had a drinking problem, or for ammo later on, I'd start a thread like this. I'm sure you're legit OP, but then again: "I tend to go for hard liquor like scotch".

Don't be a fool young man. Alcohol can hit you in a dozen different ways. From your liver exploding, to your brain imploding, to your nerves going numb and you not being able to walk, to not being able to pay the bills, to alienating your few friends. Need I go on?

You are on a forum for men trying to better themselves. No one here is impressed by hard liquor. Some can take it, some can't. Down to genetics at the end of the day, and blind luck.

Alcohol did few people few favours. But it did a lot of men harm. Don't think you are above it. It's a stealer of time.

Lift, read, explore. Look to no man but yourself. Accept the few friends you find on your way on your journey. Don't cry if you don't come across them.

WTF you do, do NOT post a thread called 'Increasing alcohol tolerance' at RVF. Damn, so many men clicking here saying: "I can haz tolerance?"

There is no light at the end of the rainbow.

Clean and serene, baby. Clean and serene.

It's the only way.

Quote: (12-20-2016 11:22 PM)joecolombia Wrote:  

Ive recently started going out more often and have realized that I get drunk, or at least tipsy real quick.

This is not convenient because I end up screwing my game or getting fucked up and doing crazy stuff.

How old are you?

How tall are you?

How much do you weigh?

If known- What is your body fat percentage and how did you measure it?

How long have you been drinking for?

How many nights per week do you drink?

How many drinks do you have per night on average?

Quote: (12-21-2016 12:25 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Time for a change.

Take it from a guy that has worked with a lot of patients - they never listen to you. We should figure out how to help him with his problem. Maybe he is a good looking, ripped bodybuilder, with a shit ton of cash to blow? If he wants to drink, then let him drink.

I am 6'5 235 pounds. In my early 20s I could easily have 10 drinks and barely be buzzed and run (crappy) game. Who knows what is going on with the man's body physically or mentally.

OP should decrease his alcohol consumption.

Where I live, alcohol (especially beer) is seen as something like food.

There is a german saying: "5 beer is a meal, but you still had nothing to drink."

Im in my early 40s. I stopped drinking alcohol 15 years ago. Chicks and coworkers think I'm in my early 30s.

When I compare my physique and look to my heavy-drinking-friends at my age, I know it was the right decision. Most of them are fat, have bad skin & teeth and look like old men. Cigarettes, bad food and no sports make it complete.

Don't be like those guys.

It may be hard at the beginning, since alcohol (like cigs) is something like a "social" thing as well. But its worth it.

There's nothing wrong with building up a tolerance.

The dangers of alcohol are overrated. The drunken antics you see in Anglo/American news? That's due to having low tolerance/high drinking ages/nanny state. European countries have their children start early to build up tolerance and as a result have far less alcoholics.