rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

why did peru elect a japanese prime minister?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Fujimori

why on earth did peru, a latin american country with a minority asian population elect a japanese guy as prime minister? I thought whites had all the power in south american countries, how on earth did a japanese get elected? Not only was this guy formerly a prime minister but he managed to get caught in corruption charges and actually wield force againts perus citizens. I thought South americans are typically racist against asians, and see them as sub-human or back stabbing midde men, not as attractive as the white, blacks or the locals.

From Wikipedia:

"Peru was also the first Latin American country to accept Japanese immigration. The Sakura Maru carried Japanese families from Yokohama to Peru, arriving on April 3, 1899 at the Peruvian port city of Callao. This group of 790 Japanese became the first of serial waves of emigrants who made new lives for themselves in Peru, some nine years before emigration to Brazil began.

"Today, the occupations of Japanese Peruvians vary because most of them are very well educated people, ranging from substantial ranks in finance and academia, to catering and hospitality. Japanese Peruvians have a considerable economic position in Peru."

North East Asians are, on average, the most intelligent ethnic group out there. That is why they have, on average, incomes 25% above average in the US, and they do well wherever they go. No surprise they did well in Peru. They did well in Brazil, too.

Brazil is home to the largest Japanese community outside Japan (Sao Paulo). Many Japanese in Brazil have severed as important ministers and leaders and have made important contributions to Brazilian society.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Quote:Ohiogang Wrote:

I thought whites had all the power in south american countries,
I thought South americans are typically racist against asians, and see them as sub-human or back stabbing midde men, not as attractive as the white, blacks or the locals.

Apparently, your retarded thinking was wrong.

Have you even been to Peru?

I wager it must be a shit hole in Peru. Who the hell knows what really goes in there?

Quote: (08-15-2011 03:20 PM)Ohiogang Wrote:  

why on earth did peru, a latin american country with a minority asian population elect a japanese guy as prime minister? I thought whites had all the power in south american countries, how on earth did a japanese get elected? Not only was this guy formerly a prime minister but he managed to get caught in corruption charges and actually wield force againts perus citizens. I thought South americans are typically racist against asians, and see them as sub-human or back stabbing midde men, not as attractive as the white, blacks or the locals.

What exactly are you trying to do here?

Quote: (08-15-2011 03:20 PM)Ohiogang Wrote:  

Doesn't mean a thing. Blacks are the minority in the US, still looked down upon by some, and we have a Black President. Case point.