rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just How Bad is DC? Let's Discuss...

Hi fellas – First time poster, long-time reader. Roosh – I’ve read your writings before and am a big fan.

I’m interested to get the perspective of some fellow DC residents: I’ve been in DC about 5 years for school and work. I’m a pretty well-traveled guy and also travel quite a bit for work (thankfully, I’d go crazy otherwise), and can say with absolute conviction that Washington, DC is the worst city I have ever seen, or lived in, when it comes to picking up high-quality women.

Sure, you can laid here, fairly consistently by 6s or 7s, but I’m talking 8.5s or above, women that would be hired in Vegas, for example, as hostesses, strippers, or bartenders for their looks. I’m a veteran of the game and have been picking up for years. I’m no hall-of-famer by any means, but those are the types of women I’m looking to consistently put in my rotation and bang.

I’ve had a pretty good run of things for the past 6-7 years. However the VAST majority of my success has come while out of town, so much so that it’s essentially gotten to the point that when work winds down on a Friday at 4pm, I’m on my way to DCA or IAD for a flight to my destination of choice. I don’t leave town every single weekend but it’s close. In my opinion, it really is that bad here. Don’t get me wrong, I also have plenty of friends here in town, many from school and work, but none that have any connection, friend or otherwise, to beautiful women.
I just think it’s extremely difficult to come across beautiful women in DC, plain and simple.

On the rare occasion when I do see a true 9 in this city in a bar venue, I’ll run my normal routine but she’ll have an enormous defensive shield up, usually with friends, and things will break down from there. Thankfully this isn’t the case in other cities (i.e. New York), but my assessment of DC is there are so few women of that high quality that your actual 9s behave like 12s and are very difficult to pick up in a bar or club venue. (The irony being that very same girl, removed from DC for a weekend, would be an easy-medium pull by the pool in Vegas!)

I did read another interesting thread on here that discussed whether one needed to focus completely away from the traditional bar/club scene in DC in order to find high-quality girls, and suggested an alternative approach such as focusing on hotel bars, etc. I’m intrigued by that concept and might put it into play. Because the standard bars/club scene around here is just a massive waste of time. Many nights it’s hard to even find one/two girls that meet the standards I’m looking for. I’ve also had several friends from NYC and Philly down here a few times and they absolutely despise DC. My one friend, the best dude I’ve ever known at picking up girls, is 0-for-5 in DC, and believe me for his ability, that is an absolutely staggering statistic.

To sum it all up, my question to you all is: Is it really as bad as I think it is? Is there any hope in DC? Or do I really need to head to the airport every weekend in order to bang 9s?

(Roosh - You seem to be quite the travel junkie and follow this strategy yourself, would be interested to hear how you manage things locally!)

"Sure, you can laid here, fairly consistently by 6s or 7s, but I’m talking 8.5s or above, women that would be hired in Vegas, for example, as hostesses, strippers, or bartenders for their looks."

Those girls happen to be in Las Vegas.

America is a funny place where cities become self-fulfilling prophecies.

"Vegas" type girls migrate to Las Vegas.

Fly Latinas migrate to Miami.

Short fly white girls that think they can act, migrate to LA.

Ever try to find an educated, classy girl in Las Vegas? Lotsa luck with that one.

So, to answer your question, "Is there any hope in DC?"

No. There isn't.

Quote: (08-14-2011 11:42 PM)JackHammer11 Wrote:  

Hi fellas – First time poster, long-time reader. Roosh – I’ve read your writings before and am a big fan.

I’m interested to get the perspective of some fellow DC residents: I’ve been in DC about 5 years for school and work. I’m a pretty well-traveled guy and also travel quite a bit for work (thankfully, I’d go crazy otherwise), and can say with absolute conviction that Washington, DC is the worst city I have ever seen, or lived in, when it comes to picking up high-quality women.

Sure, you can laid here, fairly consistently by 6s or 7s, but I’m talking 8.5s or above, women that would be hired in Vegas, for example, as hostesses, strippers, or bartenders for their looks. I’m a veteran of the game and have been picking up for years. I’m no hall-of-famer by any means, but those are the types of women I’m looking to consistently put in my rotation and bang.

I’ve had a pretty good run of things for the past 6-7 years. However the VAST majority of my success has come while out of town, so much so that it’s essentially gotten to the point that when work winds down on a Friday at 4pm, I’m on my way to DCA or IAD for a flight to my destination of choice. I don’t leave town every single weekend but it’s close. In my opinion, it really is that bad here. Don’t get me wrong, I also have plenty of friends here in town, many from school and work, but none that have any connection, friend or otherwise, to beautiful women.
I just think it’s extremely difficult to come across beautiful women in DC, plain and simple.

On the rare occasion when I do see a true 9 in this city in a bar venue, I’ll run my normal routine but she’ll have an enormous defensive shield up, usually with friends, and things will break down from there. Thankfully this isn’t the case in other cities (i.e. New York), but my assessment of DC is there are so few women of that high quality that your actual 9s behave like 12s and are very difficult to pick up in a bar or club venue. (The irony being that very same girl, removed from DC for a weekend, would be an easy-medium pull by the pool in Vegas!)

I did read another interesting thread on here that discussed whether one needed to focus completely away from the traditional bar/club scene in DC in order to find high-quality girls, and suggested an alternative approach such as focusing on hotel bars, etc. I’m intrigued by that concept and might put it into play. Because the standard bars/club scene around here is just a massive waste of time. Many nights it’s hard to even find one/two girls that meet the standards I’m looking for. I’ve also had several friends from NYC and Philly down here a few times and they absolutely despise DC. My one friend, the best dude I’ve ever known at picking up girls, is 0-for-5 in DC, and believe me for his ability, that is an absolutely staggering statistic.

To sum it all up, my question to you all is: Is it really as bad as I think it is? Is there any hope in DC? Or do I really need to head to the airport every weekend in order to bang 9s?

(Roosh - You seem to be quite the travel junkie and follow this strategy yourself, would be interested to hear how you manage things locally!)

I think its been mentioned before here that Arlington is superior to DC. That being said however, it still sucks. You kinda get used to it though, I've been here about 4.5 years myself. Its only when I travel somewhere else, like Miami, Chitown, or NYC, that the bars are such a better experience.

As you alluded to, its not only that places like Miami have extremely quality girls (e.g. 9s), but these girls also provide a domino effect, as the 7s and 8s are humbled by them (as well as a multitude of other 7s and 8s). The prettiest girl in a bar in DC always knows it. When I go to places like Austin TX or Miami, girls will approach me constantly. In DC a swamp donkey or two might start a convo with me, as hotties won't bother when they are a rare commodity and its 75% guys.

Lastly, there is a H U G E discrepancy between the bars and say the Clarendon or Court House metro after work at 4pm (a better representation of the actual quality in the area). If you closed off the metro, forced everybody to stay inside, and turned it into a giant party, both the ratio and amount of quality girls would increase dramatically.
I'm not really sure why this is, exactly. I had relationship stint with a really quality girl (hot, smart, and chill) a few months ago but I met her through a mutual friend.

I know its a rationalization to blame your city on lack of success, but I do think its at least somewhat merited. In college I got laid almost exclusively through parties (where my room was right upstairs) and girls talking to ME. That was great and easy back then, but it sets you up for problems later in life when you move to a female wasteland like DC.

Its all pretty amazing really. There could be a book written about the supply and demand market of mating populations. I remember going to Austin TX and just being shocked. I was fucking aghast. I literally hated every UT-Austin student for having what appeared to be a sea of 7+ girls. In DC I'll be lucky to spot 2-5 7+ girls (I'm picky) and in Austin its literally half of the girls in the bar. This completely, absolutely, ridiculously, makes hitting on girls soooo much easier. You hardly have to approach if at any given time 10 hot girls are 10 feet from you.

There is a good chance I'm moving to Miami in a few months. I can work from home and it might be the best decision of my life. I'm going to miss my friends, but a lot of them are shacking up and getting married anyway. When I was visiting my friend in Miami a few months ago we went to this bar that was basically a BURGER JOINT, and it was a THURSDAY. Inside were two absolutely stunning girls (9s or 10s, whatever), one blonde and one brunette, both with completely mediocre looking guys. I was honest when I told my friend that I could walk around in DC for several hours before spotting even one of that quality (Most likely a walk through the GW campus).

The funny thing is Austin isn't even that great. Yeah, the girls are hot, but the ratio is rarely good down there either. That and you get the southern bell effect (stuck up, entitled). Only real advantage Austin has is that everything is on one street.

Never been out in DC. It's funny, I almost want to go just to see how bad everybody's been saying it is.

DC does suck.

What makes it really suck is that the DC metro area is huge (population wise), so there is no logical reason it should suck as bad as it does...but it does suck. It is like ugly girls are just attracted to DC. They seem to migrate there in droves. I guess it is one of those weird freaks of nature...like blackholes.

Quote: (08-15-2011 12:13 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

So, to answer your question, "Is there any hope in DC?"

No. There isn't.

I have a countdown app on my Iphone for the number of days I have b4 I can quit my job and leave DC for good. In DC, I'm basically a walking zombie.

Good on you, Jay! Leave this place and never look back.

I was in Stockholm earlier this summer and there were so many good looking women I swear to God I was angry for the first 36 hours or so; I felt I'd been cheated by the DC area.

I think that race/ethnicity is very important in DC. You can have a great time here if you're a Latino or Asian guy. There's tons of girls of those two ethnicities here.

AVisitor -

"I think that race/ethnicity is very important in DC. You can have a great time here if you're a Latino or Asian guy. There's tons of girls of those two ethnicities here."

Are we talking about the same DC?

"Tons of Latinas" is a pretty huge stretch for DC.

Are you sure your not talking about "México, D.F."?

Pretty sure. Ultrabar, Lima, Fur, Ibiza, Barcode, are all essentially Latino clubs. Any Panorama Productions night, which hosts these nights, is essentially a Latino circle. The amount of Latinas in DC is huge, you'll even run into them at Eden and Ozio.

Quote:Quote:

Is it really as bad as I think it is? Is there any hope in DC? Or do I really need to head to the airport every weekend in order to bang 9s?

Yes it's that bad, and no there isn't any hope. Nothing less than moving out of the city will suffice.

When I posted my DC hate post a month ago, I got a lot of comments saying, "You're just bitter that you can't get laid." But my problem is not getting laid, it's quality, as you described perfectly. Getting laid with girls you don't value or want to see again wears on you over time. You want more.

AVisitor: The Latinas in DC are Central American rejects. Most of them are grossly obese. For every one beautiful Latina there are 5 wildebeest surrounding her.

Do you have any affiliation with Panorama promotions? You have mentioned them in the other thread as well. You also said that DC has a "ridiculous" amount of women without providing photographic proof (grab photos from club sites if you have to). Are you a troll? It's okay to disagree with the popular sentiments here, but you need to do a better job providing evidence. You're merely mentioning the mainstream DC venues that actually have the worst ratios in the city and can be found in the Lonely Planet guidebook. Everyone knows about them.

You may be confusing me with someone else, I never said DC had a "ridiculous" amount of women, on the contrary I was lamenting the sausage fests in DC. I actually posted in a lot of these threads saying how DC has changed for the worse over time!

I'm not affiliated with Panorama. It's just that I've been a frequent Ultrabar and Fur visitor until recently, and have a lot of experience with those clubs.

Sorry I think I did confuse you. Your posts seem pro-DC though, and I wanted to understand why.

Quote: (08-15-2011 10:08 AM)AVisitor Wrote:  

Pretty sure. Ultrabar, Lima, Fur, Ibiza, Barcode, are all essentially Latino clubs. Any Panorama Productions night, which hosts these nights, is essentially a Latino circle. The amount of Latinas in DC is huge, you'll even run into them at Eden and Ozio.

You're talking about trashy chicanas, not good latinas.

Absolutely. Latinas suck in DC.

Quote: (08-14-2011 11:42 PM)JackHammer11 Wrote:  

Yea..DC is a waste of time. I actually want to start skipping town every weekend. How do you usually travel to NYC?

Quote: (08-15-2011 10:37 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

AVisitor: The Latinas in DC are Central American rejects. Most of them are grossly obese. For every one beautiful cute Latina there are 5 wildebeest surrounding her.

You might as well be talking about Los Angeles. I know they exist somewhere, but any time I hear "fly Latina" my mind pops:

[Image: bsflag.gif]

Coming from a fluent spanish speaker that is non-Latino, I've been shocked at the attitude I get from Latina girls here, even speaking Spanish. NYC they are so much nicer.

Quote: (08-15-2011 08:03 PM)ao85 Wrote:  

Coming from a fluent spanish speaker that is non-Latino, I've been shocked at the attitude I get from Latina girls here, even speaking Spanish. NYC they are so much nicer.

I concur, I went to Citron Cafe or Cafe Citron or whatever last year, met an Hondureña, barely 6, HORRIBLE ENGLISH but she insisted to talk in english trying to prove something, when she realised that I could speak a much better english than her she switched to spanish obviosuly my spanish is awesome, she told me that I was "preppy"(I'm not) so I left her there.

Yep, latinas suck in DC, as the other races. Fuck DC.

Wow… Never thought my question on DC would start such a conversation! Guess this goes to show just how many others in DC are fed up with the lack of quality here.

Thanks to all for the responses. I’ve been in DC for work for a while, and have long been trying to move out, preferably to NYC, but the lack of quality here has gotten to the point where I’d happily move up there even for a pay cut. At some point, money doesn’t matter - Life’s too short to waste in a city that just has no quality and just as importantly, no pulse whatsoever. To add perspective for those that don’t live here - I live smack dab in downtown DC and it’s essentially impossible to even get a cup of coffee anywhere past 8pm (seriously).

Roosh you make a good point –I’ve picked up a fair amount of girls over the past few years here. A committed relationship of any kind is the furthest thing from my mind, but after a while nailing girls that don’t have much value or that you aren’t really hyped up to see again really does start to wear on you.

I’d be interested to hear the opinions of some other DC-ers out there, and to hear just how you guys deal with the lack of quality here day in, day out. My solution of simply leaving town every weekend is one way, but I’m sure there are others.

Easy E - Good points and an interesting topic for another time: “What makes it really suck is that the DC metro area is huge (population wise), so there is no logical reason it should suck as bad as it does...” It’s funny - I’ve often thought that myself and had that conversation with friends. Yeah you’d think on sheer numbers alone there would be some quality, right? To offer a guess, perhaps it has something to do with DC’s increasing propensity to attract academic-oriented people who aspire to work in government jobs, but more importantly policy-oriented grad students. (DC’s graduate schools are overflowing with cash reserves). By and large, those aren’t the sexiest sorts of people. Trust me, I saw it with my own eyes! But the job market for such people is booming. While the rest of the country is absolutely devastated, condos, restaurants and hotels are continuing to get built at a furious pace. Construction is ticking along here as if the recession never happened and there’s no sign of it stopping.

A small slice of hope - As _DC_ notes in his post, the Court House or Clarendon Metro at 4:00pm is quite a different story, as is walking through Whole Foods in Clarendon on a weekend, for example. Sure, you’re guaranteed to see expected, depressing sight of dozens of beta-males being led around by their pudgy, pale-faced, untoned significant others, but you’ll also see plenty of gorgeous single women shopping for food. If you were to walk around this area for an afternoon, you’d actually think DC has its fair share of beautiful women. It very well may, but one thing I know for sure – These girls DO NOT go out to bars/clubs in DC at night. The only time you will see them out in public at night is for a bachelorette party or a friend’s dinner/birthday party. That’s it. Otherwise, their typical girls’ night out consists of 2 cocktails max with their girlfriends at a nearby lounge, and heading home for bed at 10pm. Yoga follows at 9 the next morning.

Anyway, how do you other guys that are local deal with DC?

-------

Jay – Good for you man – Congrats on getting free of DC and being able to quit your job here. Hopefully I’ll be following your lead soon!

Rakishness – Usually hop Amtrak to get to NYC. I’m a bit of a frequent flier/Amtrak points addict, and have so many miles built up from work that I usually just use miles. Driving is always an option, but I wouldn’t even THINK about it post-3pm. The Beltway is a parking lot of people starting their unconscionable 2-hour each way commute from DC to Front Royal, VA, Aberdeen, MD, or wherever the fuck they’re heading! I’d rather be shot…

Entropy –If you’re up for a laugh one weekend or just some self-punishment, check it out here some weekend. You can only read so much about how bad it is here but it truly is something you’d have to see yourself to truly understand how awful it is here!

Quote: (08-18-2011 12:57 AM)JackHammer11 Wrote:  

typical girls’ night out consists of 2 cocktails max with their girlfriends at a nearby lounge, and heading home for bed at 10pm. Yoga follows at 9 the next morning.

Exactly. Guys on here (Mixx) recently played the yoga scene. See this thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3957.html

Yoga is a hot item in the NOVA area. Lots of cute women go. You should check out one of the places in Arlington. Here's one in case you're interested: http://www.bikramyogaarlington.com/

I remember that yoga thread. There was a lot of talk about the hotties there but no one has figured out the logistics of actually picking up while taking classes since girls come in, do the yoga stuff, and then leave. I imagine you'd have better luck just lingering in front of the yoga studio and trying to approach with standard day game.

I'll keep banging the 6s and 7s (and the occasional 8) as long as I'm here, but I have to agree with the OP on pretty much all of his points.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (08-15-2011 12:13 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"Sure, you can laid here, fairly consistently by 6s or 7s, but I’m talking 8.5s or above, women that would be hired in Vegas, for example, as hostesses, strippers, or bartenders for their looks."

Those girls happen to be in Las Vegas.

America is a funny place where cities become self-fulfilling prophecies.

"Vegas" type girls migrate to Las Vegas.

Ever try to find an educated, classy girl in Las Vegas? Lotsa luck with that one.

I hope you are talking about locals. I would like to find at least some classy ladies next week in LV.

I guess NYC soaks up most of the overachieving girls.

OP,

Yes, D.C is really that bad. Before moving to California for undergrad I was in hell. D.C is breeding grounds for pretentious women who dream about doing big law and working in the White house. They all tend to be very masculine and have very abrasive personality. I am glad now that I live in Cali the chicks are of much better quality. I feel for guys trying to find quality chicks in D.C.