rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ask A Lifting Question Thread

So I'm opening this thread as an opportunity for others to ask me questions on lifting, bodybuilding, weight gain, PED'S, ect. I feel like this could benefit the forum.

A little bit of background, I'm 6'2", 250 lbs and compete as both a bodybuilder and a power lifter. Yes, I use AAS.

If you have a question, feel free to ask away, and I will do my best to answer them as quickly as possible.

We already have a general lifters lounge for general questions:

thread-38933-page-125.html

Quote: (12-09-2016 01:33 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Not to discount OP's knowledge and wisdom of course, if you are who you say you are. It's just it's best to have 1 thread for a topic rather than several smaller ones.

Quote: (12-09-2016 01:44 PM)britchard Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2016 01:33 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Not to discount OP's knowledge and wisdom of course, if you are who you say you are. It's just it's best to have 1 thread for a topic rather than several smaller ones.

Yeah point taken, should've noted this.

Understood. The purpose of this thread was not so much centered around "general lifting" but rather the questions that pertain to the part of this forum that is interested in pushing their physique and strength to a much higher level.

Sort of a Q&A with an expert rather than just a general discussion.

Could be a good thread if OP is legit. I'll bite.

1) What particular AA stack are you on?

2) How much of your current gains to you attribute to your AAs? (in other words, everything else being equal, what would your stats/body comp be right now if you were natty?)

3) What training routines/schedules have you experimented with? Which have given you the best results?

4) What are your nutrition and training modifications for bulking and cutting?

5) How do women generally respond to your physique? How do people in general respond? (i.e. random dudes, co-workers, family members).

6) Overall, would you say the sacrifices required to achieve and maintain a bodybuilder-level physique have been worthwhile? Would you recommend it to other guys?

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

1. 1200mg test e per week. Food. I'll add 300mg of tren if I'm cutting.

2. Big, lean, or natural. You get to pick two. Unless you have freak genetics, which I don't.

Lemme put it to you like this. It's very hard to hit big boy numbers on your lifts quickly if you're natty. It can still be done it just takes 3x as long. It's like trying to win the tour de France on a huffy. If you want to go to an extreme, you have to do some slightly extreme things. That is true for anything in life.

3. Push/pull/legs is what I do now. I think training schedules and programs are more dependant on your personal life and how you can fit the gym and the recovery into your busy schedule. But every program your on should have a focus on getting stronger, in some way. Preferably in poundage and to a lesser extent, volume. I don't do the one set to failure thing, nor the opposite which is doing 20 sets per body part. The plan changes often, but the overall focus stays the same: constant progression.

4. Bulk: eat 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of desired bodyweight. Eat enough calories to gain between 0.5 and 1 lb of bodyweight a week.

Cut: same thing with the protein, but cut the calories so you lose 2 lbs a week. Don't eat carbs after 6.

Diet is very individual though. When I'm bulking I eat chicken, beef, protein powder, milk, rice, potatoes, Oreos, cake, ice cream, ect. Don't be afraid of the garbage foods because at the end of the day you need the calories. Try getting 6000+ calories a day eating clean, it's a waste of time.

5. There is a whole segment of the bitch population that likes jacked dudes. The thing is, only like 1 in 1000 dudes outside of college age kids are actually jacked. We are a rarity. Most women in general like strong men and want your cum in their guts.

Ive never had one tell me I was too jacked for her. But I'm only 250, which on a guy my height isn't too much.

6. Is anything worth it? Lol. I happen to enjoy it. I don't see it as a huge sacrifice. I enjoy the gym and I enjoy a somewhat disciplined diet. But if you don't enjoy it or you're just doing it for bitches, then no it's not worth it. It would be easier to become rich then really fucking jacked, and money is the only thing that makes women wetter than muscles do.

Quote: (12-09-2016 09:17 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

1. 1200mg test e per week. Food. I'll add 300mg of tren if I'm cutting.

Diet is very individual though. When I'm bulking I eat chicken, beef, protein powder, milk, rice, potatoes, Oreos, cake, ice cream, ect. Don't be afraid of the garbage foods because at the end of the day you need the calories. Try getting 6000+ calories a day eating clean, it's a waste of time.

Would love to see your bloodwork. How old are you?

Do you take an AI with that much test? Any problems with gyno?

How are your sides when you throw in tren with that much test? 300 mg of tren with 1200mg of test sounds horrible.

What would you estimate your bf% to be? 250 pounds even at 6'2" is quite a large amount

Quote: (12-09-2016 09:17 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

2. Big, lean, or natural. You get to pick two. Unless you have freak genetics, which I don't.

Lemme put it to you like this. It's very hard to hit big boy numbers on your lifts quickly if you're natty. It can still be done it just takes 3x as long. It's like trying to win the tour de France on a huffy. If you want to go to an extreme, you have to do some slightly extreme things. That is true for anything in life.

Could you give us some numbers? What were your squat, bench, and deadlift numbers before and after? Also, how long did it take you to reach those numbers before and after AAS?

I'd love to see my blood work too. I know that the AAS does have a detrimental effect on my blood pressure, because I am now considered pre-hypertensive. 146/88 was my last reading.

I don't have much of an issue with estrogen conversion. I've ran as much as 2g of test a week with no gyno. But everyone is different. Conversely, if I come off the sauce it takes me forever to get my estrogen back up.

There is some water retention but it's not a huge deal to me. Ive taken arimidex at a low dose and I typically drop some water off fairly quickly.

I am a complete asshole on tren. Tren makes me feel like shit. Every side you can think of except gyno. But it is an amazing tool for body recomposition.

Lifts were somewhere around 225, 300, 350 before I started cycling. I freely admit I didn't push myself as far as I could go before I started using. That was after about 9 months of consistent training. I had trained on and off for several years before that with very little consistency.

In about 2 years of AAS use I'm benching 385 for 5, squatting 510 for 5, and my most recent deadlift max was 590 for 2. We will see what happens next time I decide to go to a meet.

Are you constantly on 1200 mg test ? Like, year round ?

Do you blast and cruise ? If so, what drugs do you take on your cruise, or you just take less T,

Also, are you taking 1200 mg of testosterone enanthate, or 1200 mg are the amount of testosterone that you are putting in ?

I don't see you living much longer if you're constantly at that dosage, and if you are, you should be bigger. That's top level bodybuilding dosage, unless you're Bostin Loyd who thinks that if he takes 3x what pro's take he's going to make his body forget about his terrible genetics LOL.

If you just cycle, you don't do PCT's ? How do you manage to keep your gainz ?

Thanks.

1200 mg a week of test is far from a pro level dose. Most pros are using 3-5g a week of various compounds... Hell even a lot of amateurs use way more than I do. In the grand scheme of things, 1.2g a week of test is nothing. Now Tren on the other hand.... LOL

I typically run the 1200mg for 16 weeks and then do 6 weeks at 400mg.

Steel - During off season do you ever lower your test to a trt dosage? Say 200mg/wk? If not, are you concerned about never falling in the "normal range". Sidez = hyertension, crazy lipids blah blah blah? Yes, tren is a diffrent species of gear. Just came off of a cycle and wish I can do the same exact cycle my next run. Lol.
I.e. I only run tren once every 2 years because it's just that powerful..
Also, make sure your giving bloods every vouple of months. (Double reds). Will help with your hypertension.
Any advice on stage posing? Arnold finally answered back and told me to look into "dance lessons", was like wtf lol. But kind of see his point. Whats your take?
Why don't you get bloods done? Typically it's 4x year for us bb's...

Please don't like my posts or rep me. I do not wish to be judged by how many rep points and/or likes I have.

Quote: (12-14-2016 06:55 PM)S3K2 Wrote:  

Steel - During off season do you ever lower your test to a trt dosage? Say 200mg/wk? If not, are you concerned about never falling in the "normal range". Sidez = hyertension, crazy lipids blah blah blah? Yes, tren is a diffrent species of gear. Just came off of a cycle and wish I can do the same exact cycle my next run. Lol.
I.e. I only run tren once every 2 years because it's just that powerful..
Also, make sure your giving bloods every vouple of months. (Double reds). Will help with your hypertension.
Any advice on stage posing? Arnold finally answered back and told me to look into "dance lessons", was like wtf lol. But kind of see his point. Whats your take?
Why don't you get bloods done? Typically it's 4x year for us bb's...

If you watch pumping iron you'll see he took classes with a ballerina, and ance classes are great to losen you up. If you're flexible the more natural your changes between poses will look, and the better your score will be [Image: idea.gif]

How did you get arnold to respond if you don't mind me asking ? Facebook or some type of social media ?

S3K2.

I run 1200 for 16 weeks and 400 for 6 weeks.

I donate blood frequently. I think its pretty cool that whoever gets my blood is probably going to feel like a god for a few days.

As far as posing goes I feel like I'm not big enough or accomplished enough to really give good advice. I'm about 250 at 15 percent body fat. At my last show I was like 215 and honestly just didn't feel big enough for my height... There's a reason the guys that win are not 6' 2"

As far as bloods go I have gotten them in the past and it didn't really tell me much other than what I already knew, except that my estrogen was relatively low for the amount I use given that I don't use an AI.

Went to watch the Arnold classics a while back and met him. He's a cool guy. He'll talk to anyone if he has the time. I approched him, asked a few questions about competiton, he gave me his personal e-mail adrress and I e-mailed him. He took about 2 months to reply back but he did get back.
I never seen pumping iron.

Steel - thanks for the reply, check ya pm's when you get the chance.

Please don't like my posts or rep me. I do not wish to be judged by how many rep points and/or likes I have.

I am a hard gainer and loss mass very fast. Tried some medications and supplements that make you more hungry, but it's only a temporary solution. When I travel is the biggest problem cause there is no place to cook. I can bench and squat 2X my weight so lifting is not the problem. I tried to drink a lot of milk but it makes me feel full for a long time. Any advice?

Quote: (12-17-2016 06:47 AM)cbased Wrote:  

I am a hard gainer and loss mass very fast. Tried some medications and supplements that make you more hungry, but it's only a temporary solution. When I travel is the biggest problem cause there is no place to cook. I can bench and squat 2X my weight so lifting is not the problem. I tried to drink a lot of milk but it makes me feel full for a long time. Any advice?

Eat more calories. If you need to, eat stuff which is very calorie dense to hit the amount which you need.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.

Think the best advice anyone can give you is force yourself to consume the proper calories. If this means bringing small meals in tuppawear containers everywhere you go than so be it....how serious are you about "getting in shape"?

Dude, this is a 24/7 type of deal. I travel for work sometimes, and I bring a yeti cooler totally full with prepared meals. Every sunday I prep out all my meat, rice, fish and potatoes, pack it up and put it in the fridge. I bring olive oil with me to pour on my food. Sometimes I eat a lot of Oreos and milk.

The reason you see so few people get hyoooge is because of the dietary discipline it requires. Weight and mass comes from food.

Quote: (12-17-2016 10:40 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

Dude, this is a 24/7 type of deal. I travel for work sometimes, and I bring a yeti cooler totally full with prepared meals. Every sunday I prep out all my meat, rice, fish and potatoes, pack it up and put it in the fridge. I bring olive oil with me to pour on my food. Sometimes I eat a lot of Oreos and milk.

The reason you see so few people get hyoooge is because of the dietary discipline it requires. Weight and mass comes from food.

How often and under what circumstances do you engage in this type of dirty bulking diet? Do you view it as necessary to maintain lean mass at your size, or is it only to bulk? Wondering what kind of effects it has on body composition/fat percentage.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

I wouldn't really consider it a dirty bulk, there's still plenty of clean foods in the diet.

However, its not effective to try and hit 6000+ calories per day with just clean food, when there are calorically dense alternatives.

As far as body composition goes I think it's fine as long as you don't go overboard. It's far easier to burn fat then to gain muscle. You'd be doing great to gain 15 lbs of muscle in a year, whereas you can drop 15 lbs of fat in two months. The last time I felt I was getting a bit plump I dropped my Cals down to 3000 a day and dropped about 23 lbs in 8 weeks, while not losing a pound on my lifts. That's the benefit of being very muscular, you turn into a metabolic blast furnace. You just have to over eat a little to get there. If you're always afraid of losing your six pack you'll never have the ice chest to keep it in.

Examples of my go to dirty meals

9 Oreos and 16 ounces of milk

3 microwave bean burritos and 4 cups of chocolate milk (this is a great one to do a few hours before legs, you'll be seeing caterpillar veins in your quads)

4 mcdoubles and a sweet tea

A shake with ice cream, milk, and 3 scoops of whey

6 eggs and a block of cream cheese

A large pizza

A punch bowl filled with cocoa puffs and milk

A pack of fig Newtons and 16 ounces of milk.

Quote: (12-18-2016 01:03 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

Examples of my go to dirty meals

9 Oreos and 16 ounces of milk

3 microwave bean burritos and 4 cups of chocolate milk (this is a great one to do a few hours before legs, you'll be seeing caterpillar veins in your quads)

4 mcdoubles and a sweet tea

A shake with ice cream, milk, and 3 scoops of whey

6 eggs and a block of cream cheese

A large pizza

A punch bowl filled with cocoa puffs and milk

A pack of fig Newtons and 16 ounces of milk.

you drink milk instead of water?