rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sukhothai datasheet - Thailand

Hello! I'm 28 years old. I've been living in Thailand for the last 1.5 years. I make my money on online grinding and renting out my apartment back home.

I see that a lot of smaller places in Vietnam have been popular on this forum. So what about a smaller place in Thailand outside the normal tourist track? I did not find a datasheet of Sukhothai - Thailand, a place I've been a lot for several, but unimportant reasons.

So, here is a datasheet for Sukhothai.

For your information. There is a Google Map on the bottom of this page where you can find everything I've been talking about.
[Image: IMG_7805.jpg]

Brief Overview of Sukhothai

Sukhothai is a small province in Thailand between Bangkok and Chiang Mai. To get there you have to take the bus from either Bangkok or Chiang Mai (5-6 hours from both cities).

In fact. Sukhothai can be a great break if you are going from Bangkok to Chiang Mai with bus or train, and you don't want to take the 12 hour direct trip. Take the bus to Sukhothai, stay there some days exploring, then continue with bus to Chiang Mai.

The province consist of two cities. New Sukhothai and Old Sukhothai. New Sukhothai is the regular city where most people live, work and have fun. Old Sukhothai is where you find Sukhothai Historical Park, which is the ruins of the capital of Siam Kingdom hundreds of years ago.

The areas around New Sukhothai and Old Sukhothai consist of mainly rice-fields, forest and degraded temples. There is also a small temple (see the purple dot at the map at the bottom of the post) with a bunch of crazy monks that lives among a gazillion bees.

The temple is at the forest edge towards the mountain. You will also find a cave in the area. There are so many bees in the area that you will hear buzzing all over the place. Absolute insane that someone wants to live there.

[Image: IMG_8130.jpg]
Enter at your own risk.

The Women

The girls in Sukhothai reminds me very much of the girls in Chiang Mai, but with a more rural look. A lot of girls here are daughters of rice farmers, and some of them have probably done some work on the fields themselves to help out the family.

As Sukhothai is much smaller then Chiang Mai, you won't have the same sample to choose from obviously. You should be careful with being a player here. If a Thai girls is dating a farang here, you bet your life that the entire town knows it.

The girls are gentle, very feminine, not pampered up, use very little make up, (and that is a good thing because a lot of girls here have a natural beauty, and makeup often ruin that).

Most girl won't dress overly sexy, and won't wear for example tight jeans or tops that reveal too much.

The girls have a very traditional view on male/female relationships as far as I experienced. If you find a girl from this area you will be pampered up by the girl. If you have sex with one, you're already in a relationship.

You might be lucky to find girls here that will have sex with you for novelty reasons, but don't go here for that reason. It's a longshot.

Most women are short (1.55-170).

White skinned Asians vs Dark skinned Asian ratio: 1/4.

If you want white skinned Asian girls you will have much better luck in Chiang Mai or Bangkok, where they are all over the place.

Game

As in the rest of Thailand. Daygame is your best bet here if you don't want to be online. Girls are shy, but receptive. You will have to do the approaching, but a girl will give a ton of clues if she likes you. Don't you worry about that.

Nightgame in Thailand is not really that easy, same is true for Sukhothai. Most Thai people go to the bars in big groups. Getting inside these groups can be hard if you don't speak Thai. If you speak Thai, you will find yourself at the center of attention very fast.

If you are a regular Joe that don't speak Thai. Go for daygame or online dating rather than nightgame.

Be yourself, be polite, smile, be gentle, show interest and human nature will take care of the rest. Being a douche or acting overly sarcastic wont fly well in Thailand.

What's best- nightgame, daygame, online?

I've only done nightgame and daygame in Sukhothai. I don't think online game would work very well here because the selection online is very limited. English skills are also limited so text communication could be a challenge.

I logged on Thai Cupid now, there are online 37 girls online in Sukhothai province. Not much you work with.

Nightlife Recommendations

There are some bars on the main road through New Sukhothai and Old Sukhothai. However, that is not where you want to be.

You want to find a bar with the name "Mai Hom". This place is not on Google maps, but I have marked where it is in the map on the bottom of the page, or just show your driver the video under, and he'll know what place I'm talking about. If you have a date with you, she knows where it is anyways.

This is the most popular bar in Sukhothai, and it's where all the local people go out. People here go crazy with cheap Thai whisky. Watch out for drunk drivers at closing time. This is rural Thailand. People will drive home with their motorbikes no matter how drunk they are.

50/50 of the bar are men/women, but some of the girls goes here with their boyfriend, be careful with who you approach.

There are some other bars and venues for Thai people here, but they were always empty.

Day Game Locations (optional)

The best day game location are the main road through New Sukhothai. Here you will find a lot of small restaurants and massage shops. A lot of cute girls here that are up for fun.

On the mainroad between Old Sukhothai and New Sukhothai there is a big shopping-mall called Big-C. This place is crawling with cute girls in their early twenties trying their best to look formal in their high heels and skirts. But as soon as you crack a joke the mask will crack, they will start smiling, and they're all yours. [Image: smile.gif]

Daygame in Old Sukhothai is not as effective. This is where all the tourists goes to see the ruins. People here are so used to tourists that you are nothing new to them. And I'll guess the girls that work here gets approached all the time anyways.

Other Info / Recommendations?

Rent motorbike!

It's only 200 baht (4$) and will give you total freedom of movement. Taxies are far and few between, and you probably have to ask someone to call one for you, and wait, and wait, and wait.

The traffic here is calm, so I would not be too worried about driving around here.

Conclusion

Sukhothai is a nice place to visit for some days, maybe even a week. More than that would be boring unless you found a local that you could spend your time with.

If you're in Thailand for just a couple of weeks, I would not bother to go here. But if you are a long time traveler, and you want to experience something outside the main trail, Sukhothai could be it.

As I said, it's a perfect stop-over if you are heading to Chiang Mai from Bangkok. You could take a couple of days here, check out the ruins, explore the outskirts and see if you could score with some local talent.

Sukhothai is beautiful, peaceful and very friendly. I've had a great time every time I've been here.

Pictures

[Image: IMG_7749.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7788.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8081.jpg]

Unfortantly I've lost the pictures from Big-C and a lot of pictures from the bar Mai Hom because I took these pictures with my phone, and not my DSLR. The few pictures I do have from Mai Hom is almost not worth showing, but here they are.

Mai Hom

[Image: 2013-07-25-21.43.03.jpg]

Just next to Mai Hom there is a restaurant with a gigantic buffet. At this place you can eat as much as you want for 100 baht (2$). The food is tasty and clean. You will have to cook the meat yourself with the propane/coal grill at your table.

[Image: 2013-07-26-18.38.26.jpg]

Map

Sukhothai Map

Could not integrate the map with an iframe, so here is the link to Google Maps.

If this datasheet is well received. I will post more sheets from other more rural areas in Thailand, as the bigger cities already are well covered! Have any questions? I will stick around. [Image: smile.gif]

Cheers. [Image: biggrin.gif]

I have no idea how this ended up in lifestyle, and I can't move it.

Great report Hyyish.

Tell us what you were doing there, why did you go there, and what did you do there for over a year?

Are you married to a Thai?

repped even though I have no interest in going there

Quote: (12-05-2016 05:37 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Great report Hyyish.

Tell us what you were doing there, why did you go there, and what did you do there for over a year?

Are you married to a Thai?

Hey man.

I have Thai girlfriend, but I met her after I moved here. We are not married, but are living together.

In the beginning I was staying in cheap hostels and apartments, grinding money online, traveling around, at the night I went out drinking and having fun. The nightlife in Thailand is a blast. Then I met her, and after that I've been taking it more easy.

I have a Thai friend back in Norway. His family is from Sukhothai. That's why I've been there several times. [Image: smile.gif]

Great datasheet man +1 for me

Suk hot thai ?

Nice honest data sheet, I like the tasteful photos too.

Good datasheet, I can confirm the facts. +1 rep from me.