rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

N.Arlington, VA bar scene

There are quite a few bars to choose from, so feel free to add to the list. I'm not doing a data sheet because I've lived here, not traveled, so I have no clue about hostels or hotels, etc. All I know is it's nice, expensive, and possible to get laid. My focus is on North Arlington - the Rosslyn to Ballston corridor.

Overall, there are a lot of cute girls in Arlington, but they are prone to the same diseases as DC women (feminism, self-focused, materialistic, etc). Arlington establishments usually shut the doors by 1:30am. The guys tend to be pretty cool (not many haters like DC), but they have very little game. They also tend to be frat boy types who like to get drunk and "holler" at women. If you have game, you can score in this town.

My take on some of the bars in town:

Whitlows on Wilson: Restaurant/Bar/Pool/Live music, depending on the night. Good happy hour place as well as later crowd. Typically good from Thurs-Sat. Bar area in the front is kind of small so it gets crowded and annoying very quickly. Good idea to have dinner outside on a cool night facing the metro escalators to get an idea of whether the women are coming or going.

Harry's Tap Room: No a big fan, but this is where the ladies go who think they are classy. You'll almost always see them dressed up and trying to look good - and admittedly, a lot of the ladies do look good. The food is so-so and the bar gets very crowded (and kind of annoying when it's packed).

Cafe Asia: Food is overrated but there can be some decent looking ladies here. Happy hours are good and when it gets crowded in the front bar they will open the back bar that, surprisingly, a lot of people don't know about. Asia is good if you're flying solo because there are several others there having a drink after work (you don't stand out as looking weird or awkward).

The places above aren't the best to work game because of the smaller bar areas, but there are almost always cute women to pick from.

Frontpage in Ballston: Haven't been in awhile but Wednesday night used to be the night to go. It was ALWAYS packed with a good mix of male/female. I've scored there in the past. Bad thing is it gets elbow-to-elbow crowded on Wednesdays. I've never been impressed on the weekends and the food, specifically the Sunday brunch, is highly overrated.

Clarendon Ballroom: This place used to be Mecca for me on a Friday night. If you like to use the dance floor to game, you can score here much easier than any other place in Arlington. There is a rooftop bar used in the nice weather to get your buzz on. Go to the dance floor no later than 11:30 because you need a good hour or two to work your game. Men in Clarendon Ballroom don't like to dance for some reason. I have hooked up in this place many times because I put down my drink, walk to the center of the floor, and dance. It really is that easy. People show up at the Ballroom in groups, so it's almost always easier to be part of a mixed male/female group. I've always done best here with a group.

La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar & Restaurant: Across the street from Whitlows. Never had any luck in this place. Food is not bad if you're into Tapas. Good luck.

Carpool: If you do well with a place like Whitlows, you'll do well here too. Wings/beer/bar type of place but a lot of cute girls come here because it's walking distance from all their expensive condos in Ballston.

I'll add more as I think of them. All the places above are either walking distance from each other, one metro stop, or a $5 cab ride apart.

The key with Arlington on, say, a Friday night is doing happy hour from 5-7, dinner/drinks from 7-9, drinks at a bar from 9-10, and then the Ballroom for dancing/gaming from 10 to close. Close and take her home, or head into DC to find some late-night drunk 5 or 6 for a quick hand job.

Edit: I'm not selling Arlington as *the* place to be. If you work in DC, it's worth checking out. But it's in the DC area and as they say, the fruit don't fall far from the tree.

What about the clubs...

Latin Clubs?

Club with the sluttiest / easiest college grls or reg chicks just working in restaurants ect?

I don't know of any *clubs* in N.Arlington. Anyone who wants to hit the club scene goes to DC -- and that is sausagefest hell (per the photos posted by Roosh and others.) Arlington is more the bar and restaurant scene.

Edit: Also, the people in Arl tend to be pretty good looking (guys and girls). Don't get me wrong, I mostly can't stand the uptight, pretentious female attitude, but the area is clean and the people good looking. Not a bad place to live if you work in DC. I'd still take Europe or Asia over it any day of the week.

The one night I was in Arlington I was walking downtown (i think) and found a decent lil small latin bar/club. You had to walk up some stairs to get to it.

I don't know why you're looking for latinas in those states dash. You'd be in heaven just walking around my side of town

Quote: (08-12-2011 03:27 PM)houston Wrote:  

I don't know why you're looking for latinas in those states dash. You'd be in heaven just walking around my side of town

I look for latin chicks in EVERY city or town I go to! First thing i do is hit up the nearest mexican restaurant to ask about the scene.

I assume you are from Houston? Texas got alot of latin females!

A couple other places of note in Clarendon:

Spider Kelly's
Clarendon Grill
Mr. Days
Ri-Ra

IMHO, there seem to be more and more dudes out than when I first moved here (six years ago.) I thought that all of the new bars would diffuse them, but alas that does not seem to be the case. I fear the bar/club scene across the entire DC metro area is affected by "300 Syndrome" (read, hoards of dudes in every venue.)

Roosh is dropping his day game book at just the right time.

Also, Dash, I believe the place that you visited is called Guarapo's. It's just down Wilson Blvd in Courthouse. There's a Wendy's across the street.

Madness???
[Image: 300SpartanMenReadyToFight.jpg]
This is DC/MD/Va!!!!!!!

Quote: (08-12-2011 09:28 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Madness???
[Image: 300SpartanMenReadyToFight.jpg]
This is DC/MD/Va!!!!!!!

Rakishness, that's the best post i've ever seen. Awesome pick. Btw, I live in Arlington and would recommend Ireland's Four Courts in Courthouse area. One of the previous posters mentioned Spider Kelly's....for a new bar it ain't a good place to pickup, the scene is fierce with meat-heads at every corner and although hot not enough chicks. For billiards or as a group hang-out it rocks though. As always if one wants a large city with an awesome ratio and you're on the east coast of USA I cannot recommend enough Philly & Baltimore. One requires little night game there to succeed.

Mr. Days in Clarendon on Saturday had a good amount of girls on the dancefloor shockingly! I was pretty surprised. But once again, not enough 2-3 sets. Most were big groups who came together and left together.

Quote: (08-12-2011 10:14 PM)Hokie30 Wrote:  

Rakishness, that's the best post i've ever seen. Awesome pick. Btw, I live in Arlington and would recommend Ireland's Four Courts in Courthouse area. One of the previous posters mentioned Spider Kelly's....for a new bar it ain't a good place to pickup, the scene is fierce with meat-heads at every corner and although hot not enough chicks. For billiards or as a group hang-out it rocks though. As always if one wants a large city with an awesome ratio and you're on the east coast of USA I cannot recommend enough Philly & Baltimore. One requires little night game there to succeed.
Ireland's Four Courts....i might check that out tomorrow if Gazuza or whatever that hookah lounge is on Wilson Blvd in Courthouse is.

Quote: (08-12-2011 03:07 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

The one night I was in Arlington I was walking downtown (i think) and found a decent lil small latin bar/club. You had to walk up some stairs to get to it.

Guarapo in Courthouse, maybe? Not strictly Latin but probably the most eclectic crowd in Courthouse/Clarendon area. Used to be a South American hangout. I've seen a lot of Middle Easterners there too now, though. It's a hookah bar now, maybe that draws them. Bar/restaurant downstairs and a club upstairs.

Edited to add: I see Steven L beat me to it.

Most of the complaints about the guy/girl ratio in DC is really a complaint about the dying club scene. The girls didn't leave town overnight, and they are still getting laid by someone. They just aren't going out to sweaty dance clubs to do it. Time to adjust your game.

Quote: (08-12-2011 10:17 PM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

if Gazuza or whatever that hookah lounge is on Wilson Blvd in Courthouse is.

You mean Guarapo.

Gazuza is in Dupont Circle. The owner is chill, he's Argentinian and loves to talk about soccer. Good guy, and he pointed me in the right direction to find the best fish in DC (Sai on 7th street). Gazuza is a chill hookah spot that also serves sushi. You'll see some quality there, and they have a waitress who is cute and friendly.

Oh yea, i been to Gazuza....its near the end of Dupont Circle, like a block away from Russia House. Its a nice vibe...not too bad of a place to get numbers at.

It's kind of funny how you can just tell a place sucks by the names of the bars.

Whitlows on Wilson? (sounds like an all guy bar)
Harry's Tap Room? (sounds like a crap micro brew spot with really annoying cookie cutter people)
Cafe Asia? (sounds like your typical crap suburban Asian fusion joint that does a terrible job at all Asian cuisine).

Those places just "sound" like places from my worst nightmares.

Quote:Quote:

Cafe Asia? (sounds like your typical crap suburban Asian fusion joint that does a terrible job at all Asian cuisine).

That's exactly what it is. [Image: lol.gif]

I live in Court House, so I'll chime in.

Fireworks is great for a first date or to start the night off. The food is good and the beer selection is fantastic (about 30 on tap and 100+ bottles).

Whitlows is the best straight up bar in my opinion. You can actually converse with people and there are about 5 different bars including a rooftop so its like 5 bars in one.

Clarendon Grill is a total meat market if dancing is your thing (it used to be for me). I used to dance in college. Now the music sucks so bad, and the alcohol doesn't effect me like it used to.

Arlington is off now. There was a strong period when Frontpage in Ballston was the Wednesday spot. Was a shitshow. Now it's dead. I stopped doing the Rock Bottom happy hour when VA banned smoking inside. Spider Kelly's never struck me as fun. The lighting was too bright. Think of how out of whack things get when the lights come on after last call. That's Spider Kelly's. Clarendon Ballroom's deck can be ok. But it's hit or miss. Thursday nights used to be fun on the deck. You may have some luck on the rooftops of Shitlow's or that Arlington Rooftop Bar & Grille place. I left when they opened and got in a few nights. RiRa's has an odd bar setup. I never liked it for pickup. But you can still work it. Liberty Tavern can be ok. The bartenders are extremely attentive. Carpool could be a semi date place for a semi average chick you weren't too sure about the night you were forced to take her number instead of being able to close it same night. Otherwise it's just a sports bar. Union Jacks fills up with fatties and ugs. A lot of them drive in from Fairfax. Why? I have no idea. It's a fucking mall bar.

Time for a revival. Any opinions of some of the newer bars?

ATR (American Tap Room) is a nice chill bar but the talent is sorely lacking.

Hunan One is surprisingly a good bar on Fri/Sat. Lots of servicable girls and a fraternal drink giant glasses of beer and be merry attitude.

Lots of people seem to go to Madrose but I hate the place personally. Lots of dressed up girls, but mostly uglies. Tons of douchey dudes.

I was worried about posting this earlier before some of the other rooftop bars opened up, but Whitlows rooftop, particularly earlier when its not super busy is my favorite place. Dudes are chill and friendly, not meatheaded, and the girls are usually talkative and attractive.

Wow. I went out in Clarendon last night and it was a fuckin SAUSAGEFEST!!! I think I might stick with DC from now on. Yikes.

I'm in Arlington. Drop me a PM if you need a partner in crime.

Yeah any good rooftop spots? You can PM me if you want.

Whitlows rooftop has turned into a penis festival. I'm almost sad I talked it up before on here (though I doubt it had much effect, if any). It was my go-to spot for a while.

Rooftop? Clarendon Grill? I've been to those two and meh. Any good rooftops in DC?

Really glad I'm peacing out of DC in a month.

Has anything changed in two years?

Not really.

I was there a last weekend for the halloween bar crawl they do every year. It was fun but that's a special event that brings out a lot of people I don't think are regulars in that neighborhood.

I lived in northern VA for 2.5 years- of all the nightlife areas in VA the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor is the only place worth your time. Old Town Alexandria is nice to walk around in, but that's more of a place to take a date than to pick up. Ditto for the new "Mosaic" neighborhood in Falls Church.

As alluded to above, the heart of the action is concentrated around the Clarendon metro station.

The hottest girls I've seen in this area tend to congregate at Mad Rose and Mister Days, both loud nightclubs. Be advised that while there is talent, these placed can often turn into epic douchefests rivaling anything in DC.

Another one to check out is Hunan #1- it's a strange place, a sort of fusion between a sports bar and Chinese restaurant which serves giant stein-sized beers.

If you like doing the brunch thing, A-Town is best for that. I've seen some blazing hot girls working there as well.

The NOVA bar scene is dominated by white, upper-middle class people employed by the military-industrial complex, although I would see a fair amount of Asian and Indian-looking girls here and there. There is a lot the aforementioned fratboy vibe to some of these places. If you match the 5'11"+, white, LAX-bro archetype, you may feel at home here.

I would say the closest comparison to this area would be the Bethesda/Friendship Heights region in Maryland. You can have fun here, but its not going to blow your mind.

I put the whole DMV in my rearview for good on Monday and I couldn't be happier. There is something to be said for making the best of your town, but past a certain point, you gotta just get the hell out and move to a place where the environment works for you and not against you. It's been said 1000 times on here, but I would advise all DC members here to seriously consider getting out as soon as they can.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos