rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My perspectives on living in northern Italy

For quite some time I've been living in Northern Italy ,I don't want to be too specific about where or why due to fear of doxing/small world effect but lets say I came here for opportunities that didnt exactly work out how I planned. I've been here long enough to explain the advantages and disadvantages of life here. For me the biggest advantage was I know people here and unfortunately thats where the buck stopped overall. Italians when you know them on a personal level (in the north its very hard to get to know people personally) they will be your friends for life,they are kind generous but can at times be a bit uninspiring and dull. Northern Italy takes the best and worst from Southern Italy and Germanic Northern Europe.

Quality of Life
Italy is fucked economically,even in the north while wages are reasonable ,bosses are jerks and it's impossible to have any sort of flexibility. Only in Italy you are forced to take off time during when your boss decides. Italy's lack of flexibility and opportunities for advancement of ones life really drag people down. Now emigration from Italy in highest numbers is actually from the wealthiest northern regions rather than the south who have gotten a head start.

http://www.thelocal.it/20161006/over-100...ad-in-2015

Girls. My flatmate who's a real chill dude explained to me that girls from the South are more feminine and have better faces as well as nicer personalities so I'd honestly just go to the south but don't expect any fast sex. I'd also learn Italian to open up more opportunities with chatting up chicas all over Italy. Northern girls are less traditional and are a bit similar to Polish girls in the sense that they have butterfaces and nice bodies. Not my cup of tea,I'm face guy first and body guy second when it comes to girls. I'll still give them a thumbs up over most of north western Europe,both in appearence and personality.They are thin and aren't completely dull and feminist. I'd definitely rate them above Brits,Germans (including Austrians and Swiss Germans) as well as nordic and girls from Belelux and Ireland. As you'll see however,it's not a good enough reason to come or stay here

Biggest problem with girls(and society here) imo
Do you have an aversion or above average aversion to shitting where you eat? Don't come to Italy then,social circle game is so ingrained in a huge number of success that I feel the pain of so many Italian men who can't stand stupid BS. I can understand why both men AND women want to leave Italy and are doing so more and more. Traditions and relationships seemed to be based not on mutual interest but geography ,Italians because of this low level of mobility overall seem as some of the most ignorant people I've met in Europe. Not everyone I met of course but It wasn't until I arrived here that looking back on life in the US I'd consider some of the fat stupid merkans smarter and more worldly than Paola or Ricardo. Cities in the north feel too archaic and living dwellings are very cramped for a proper lifestyle. A big part of why the north is wealthier than other regions is earlier industrialization which means there is a lot more pollution,I'd say after some parts in the UK ,Northern Italy is the most polluted part in western Europe. Another huge problem is the weather. Summers are extremely hot due to humidity and fall,spring it's too rainy,winters are bloody freezing. I'd say its the worst area in Europe with weather.

If you like good food,art and history I'd consider staying a few months in the North and
checking out various cities. My experience here has been an education,I've become much more of a history buff and have learned to appreciate more than I have in the past lessons and knowledge from the old world. I don't regret my stay as it was something I wanted to do and scope out,but I won't feel bad about leaving once I do.
The biggest take away I got was knowing I could never live anywhere in Southern Europe or anywhere that gets way too hot and humid during the summer.

Excellent info.

One thing, about faces, what are the differences in complexion? Ratio of Blondes and Redheads in North? Many or rare? Obesity index? And how far north are you talking about, the Tyrol or larger cities?

I wonder if there are hordes of westerners in Tuscany still, reading their "Rick Steves" idiocy.

In Italy you need a social circle to pull girls, it's even more important than looks. That's rule number 1 and you had better not underestimate the importance of this first rule.

That being said, if you don't have a social circle, your best bets are Tinder and Erasmus girls. Get a ESN card and go the parties organized by them. Lots of international girls and quite dtf. Of course that's valid if you go to a big city.

I wouldn't advice going to the south of Italy. The hottest girls from the South go living in the North because of better opportunities and the ones that stay there (the hot ones) are engaged, and they're much more conservative than the ones from the North. Forget even approaching a girl there if you don't get introduced by a common friend. In places like Campania, Calabria and Sicilia you could end up into a knife fight very easily approaching the wrong girl. People in the South are usually friendlier though...

I don't agree with the weather though. Don't know if what city you're in but it's usually very good in Italy, much better than the rest of Europe. The North has a foggy problem in the winter but overall it's quite good. I'm originally from the Center-South and it's very good. even during winter

Quote: (11-18-2016 02:17 PM)UkraineHunter Wrote:  

In Italy you need a social circle to pull girls, it's even more important than looks. That's rule number 1 and you had better not underestimate the importance of this first rule.

That being said, if you don't have a social circle, your best bets are Tinder and Erasmus girls. Get a ESN card and go the parties organized by them. Lots of international girls and quite dtf. Of course that's valid if you go to a big city.

I wouldn't advice going to the south of Italy. The hottest girls from the South go living in the North because of better opportunities and the ones that stay there (the hot ones) are engaged, and they're much more conservative than the ones from the North. Forget even approaching a girl there if you don't get introduced by a common friend. In places like Campania, Calabria and Sicilia you could end up into a knife fight very easily approaching the wrong girl. People in the South are usually friendlier though...

I don't agree with the weather though. Don't know if what city you're in but it's usually very good in Italy, much better than the rest of Europe. The North has a foggy problem in the winter but overall it's quite good. I'm originally from the Center-South and it's very good. even during winter

I'm not big on the ESN scene but yeah its the best way to go for lays. Tinder works well also. In the summer all the figa returns back south,should have clarified that,not during the academic year. Someone on the forum (forgot who) did a datasheet on why the south is better for girls than the north overall. Social Circle game really isn't my thing,as I said before ,I really feel bad for the guys who live here. I'm in the NE ,I really can't see anywhere in Europe with worse weather. Rain + humidity equals bad weather year round and somewhat extreme real feels of the overall temp.

Quote: (11-18-2016 11:49 AM)scrambled Wrote:  

Excellent info.

One thing, about faces, what are the differences in complexion? Ratio of Blondes and Redheads in North? Many or rare? Obesity index? And how far north are you talking about, the Tyrol or larger cities?

I wonder if there are hordes of westerners in Tuscany still, reading their "Rick Steves" idiocy.

I'd say compared to Germany or Austria the amount of light features (blondes,redheads ,blue or hazel eyes) isn't that much less if only slightly, even in southern Italy this doesn't differ due to the norman invasion in the past. Girls are very thin here, tend to be fit and take good care of themselves. Girls have harsh facial features here that can be poorly proportioned. Northern Italy also seems it can be a bit hard for short guys,the stereotype about Italians being short is only really the south,and even then there are exceptions with better nutrition. I'm 5'11 and I still feel a little bit short in most European cities I go to,including Northern Italy

Quote: (11-18-2016 06:44 PM)Nowak Wrote:  

Excellent info.

I'd say compared to Germany or Austria the amount of light features (blondes,redheads ,blue or hazel eyes) isn't that much less if only slightly, even in southern Italy this doesn't differ due to the norman invasion in the past. Girls are very thin here, tend to be fit and take good care of themselves. Girls have harsh facial features here that can be poorly proportioned. Northern Italy also seems it can be a bit hard for short guys,the stereotype about Italians being short is only really the south,and even then there are exceptions with better nutrition. I'm 5'11 and I still feel a little bit short in most European cities I go to,including Northern Italy

lol Have you been to Northern Germany? Italians are much darker than Germans or even Austrians..I see italian groups here all the time and they stick out like a sore thumb.., including deep south germans like Bavarians. Also north italians are celto-romance people similar to the people in Southern France, than they are to germanic people... Not many italians look german or even Austrian, because even when blond or redhead they have different facial features and body types. And if you are 5'11 barefoot you wouldnt feel short in italy... If you do its because you are only 5'9 1/2 or 5'10 and become 5'11 with shoes on, and it only would apply anyways to being among the young generation.

Anyways I do agree with the butterface problem... most italian women dont have pretty faces... average at best.

To the guys saying you have to have social circle in Italy, has anyone tried Seeking Arrangement? It looks pretty decent at least for Milan and Rome. I think you have to be at least conversational in Italian, which I suspect the guys posting here are. In my experience, your bests bet for Italian women without having a social circle is Miami Beach, and to a lesser extent Las Vegas.

Quote: (11-19-2016 09:48 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

To the guys saying you have to have social circle in Italy, has anyone tried Seeking Arrangement? It looks pretty decent at least for Milan and Rome. I think you have to be at least conversational in Italian, which I suspect the guys posting here are. In my experience, your bests bet for Italian women without having a social circle is Miami Beach, and to a lesser extent Las Vegas.

I've never heard about seeking arrangement and is not known in Italy
Italian girls are definitely easier when they're abroad because they don't have to worry about their reputation and the family's reputation which is also big in Italy

Quote: (11-18-2016 06:36 PM)Nowak Wrote:  

I'm not big on the ESN scene but yeah its the best way to go for lays. Tinder works well also. In the summer all the figa returns back south,should have clarified that,not during the academic year. Someone on the forum (forgot who) did a datasheet on why the south is better for girls than the north overall. Social Circle game really isn't my thing,as I said before ,I really feel bad for the guys who live here. I'm in the NE ,I really can't see anywhere in Europe with worse weather. Rain + humidity equals bad weather year round and somewhat extreme real feels of the overall temp.
Go to Milan, it's the best city in Italy for nightlife. If you can't pull there don't bother in any other city because it's impossible because of social circle
The South is tougher than the North, trust me....

Quote: (11-18-2016 10:47 AM)Nowak Wrote:  

Traditions and relationships seemed to be based not on mutual interest but geography
Another huge problem is the weather. Summers are extremely hot due to humidity and fall,spring it's too rainy,winters are bloody freezing.

Italians do no t think of themselves as Italians. They think of themselves as from the province and town that they're from. In addition to Italian, threre are a dozen or so dialects spoken some of which are really languages, and you willfind variations romtown to town.

Housing is cramped and expensive if you live in the city, like many do. Not in a small town, but you'd die ofboredom.

Weather, compared to what? Los Angeles? Heat/humidity are worse on the US East Coast. Winters are much milder in Northern Italy (excluding mountain ski resorts) than in the Northeastern US.

I heard Turin is the best city for nightlife in Northern Italy, is that true?

Nowak,

Thanks for your input on Italy. Have you been to San Marino ? If so, please advise on the best way to get there from Italy. I'm thinking Milan would be the best entry point.

Northern Italy seems like the perfect place to visit if your married with a few little kids. Great food, very scenic places, strolling around Lake Como eating gelato. Thats the vibe I got.

Have met / banged (only two) / seen many Italian girls in London. Good bodies, but faces seem to be a big issue. Weird attitudes as well. My first bang led to a 'FWB' deal and that chick was the thirstiest I have ever met. Only daily gangbang would make her happy.

I am from the south and i agree with you on some things as i disagree on others.
Definitely agree that pulling in italy equals to social circle game, when abroad i go to bars/clubs at night i always manage to get make outs and on "lucky" nights one night stands, i've had sex with way more foreign girls than italian.
Here (and i guess the south is even worse than the north) i don't even think about pulling when going out, there are basically 0 chances of getting something and very high chances of getting into a fight. I honestly can't imagine julien or tyler from rsd doing here what they do in their videos and not ending up in hospital, in addition girls would definitely look at them as weirdos. Here is all about social circle game (that i hate), that's why italian guys act so horny abroad, it's an occaison to get easier pussy.
Said this on an italian forum there's a 22 years old guy who claims to have fucked more than 150 girls, most of whom in ons and almost all of them are italian (and it is definitely true, many members met him and they confirm his stories), while he said he went to munich in germany and didn't manage to get even a kiss, same results with foreign girls on holiday in italy, he says german, dutch, and foreign girls in general are almost impossible for him.

May i ask you why yoy say "seem as some of the most ignorant people I've met in Europe" about italians?

Quote: (11-19-2016 08:30 AM)TigerTim Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2016 06:44 PM)Nowak Wrote:  

Excellent info.

lol Have you been to Northern Germany? Italians are much darker than Germans or even Austrians..I see italian groups here all the time and they stick out like a sore thumb.., including deep south germans like Bavarians. Also north italians are celto-romance people similar to the people in Southern France, than they are to germanic people... Not many italians look german or even Austrian, because even when blond or redhead they have different facial features and body types. And if you are 5'11 barefoot you wouldnt feel short in italy... If you do its because you are only 5'9 1/2 or 5'10 and become 5'11 with shoes on, and it only would apply anyways to being among the young generation.

Anyways I do agree with the butterface problem... most italian women dont have pretty faces... average at best.

Yeah it's a problem,in some ways they are the Polish girls of western Europe. you're forgetting that most Italians become very tan during the summer,I've been ''darker'' than I've been my whole life. I was being a bit hyperbolic about the height thing, but anywhere in Europe(maybe not Portugal) will be harder for guys 5'9 or shorter, fortunately I'm 5'11 so I don't have to worry about this. Just was a surprising thing to see in Italy where it's assumed people are short,even in the south people are taller with better nutrition. True,but there are many blondes and redheads here,

Quote: (11-19-2016 10:20 AM)UkraineHunter Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2016 06:36 PM)Nowak Wrote:  

Go to Milan, it's the best city in Italy for nightlife. If you can't pull there don't bother in any other city because it's impossible because of social circle
The South is tougher than the North, trust me....

Just sticking with tinder [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (11-20-2016 02:01 PM)il bello Wrote:  

I am from the south and i agree with you on some things as i disagree on others.
Definitely agree that pulling in italy equals to social circle game, when abroad i go to bars/clubs at night i always manage to get make outs and on "lucky" nights one night stands, i've had sex with way more foreign girls than italian.
Here (and i guess the south is even worse than the north) i don't even think about pulling when going out, there are basically 0 chances of getting something and very high chances of getting into a fight. I honestly can't imagine julien or tyler from rsd doing here what they do in their videos and not ending up in hospital, in addition girls would definitely look at them as weirdos. Here is all about social circle game (that i hate), that's why italian guys act so horny abroad, it's an occaison to get easier pussy.
Said this on an italian forum there's a 22 years old guy who claims to have fucked more than 150 girls, most of whom in ons and almost all of them are italian (and it is definitely true, many members met him and they confirm his stories), while he said he went to munich in germany and didn't manage to get even a kiss, same results with foreign girls on holiday in italy, he says german, dutch, and foreign girls in general are almost impossible for him.

May i ask you why yoy say "seem as some of the most ignorant people I've met in Europe" about italians?

ahaha,interesting,Of course only talking about some people I've met,can't speak for the whole nation. Most people here are fine with being worldly ,but more than other places people really tend to assume a lot. Best described as a significant minority of people. In Italy and abroad I've noticed Italians come off as the ''ugly American'' assuming things or stereotypes which are very far removed from reality about other nations and peoples there. It's more the arrogance and ignorance ,not just the later,maybe its latin Bravado.

Quote: (11-19-2016 10:32 AM)mammal Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2016 10:47 AM)Nowak Wrote:  

Traditions and relationships seemed to be based not on mutual interest but geography
Another huge problem is the weather. Summers are extremely hot due to humidity and fall,spring it's too rainy,winters are bloody freezing.

Italians do no t think of themselves as Italians. They think of themselves as from the province and town that they're from. In addition to Italian, threre are a dozen or so dialects spoken some of which are really languages, and you willfind variations romtown to town.

Housing is cramped and expensive if you live in the city, like many do. Not in a small town, but you'd die ofboredom.

Weather, compared to what? Los Angeles? Heat/humidity are worse on the US East Coast. Winters are much milder in Northern Italy (excluding mountain ski resorts) than in the Northeastern US.

Humidity is absolutely not worse on the east cost compared to NE Italy. Real feel is what matters,better be in Sicilia or even Turkey than the NE Italia during summer time

Quote: (11-20-2016 01:56 PM)apolis Wrote:  

Have met / banged (only two) / seen many Italian girls in London. Good bodies, but faces seem to be a big issue. Weird attitudes as well. My first bang led to a 'FWB' deal and that chick was the thirstiest I have ever met. Only daily gangbang would make her happy.

I can confirm that Anglophilic Italian girls are some of the biggest sluts i've ever met,many return back home eventually [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (11-20-2016 11:54 AM)Dantes Wrote:  

Nowak,

Thanks for your input on Italy. Have you been to San Marino ? If so, please advise on the best way to get there from Italy. I'm thinking Milan would be the best entry point.

No,I haven't,could be

Quote: (11-20-2016 11:34 AM)Lime Wrote:  

I heard Turin is the best city for nightlife in Northern Italy, is that true?

Who said that? Torino is like a little village with factories inside.

Best nightlife is in Milan.

And as for Italian girls, I think we have one of the most beautiful country in the world, geographically, culturally, as a lifestyle and cuisine-wise but Italian girls are one of the worst in the world.

I would prefer any European girls over Italian girls any day.

You're probably better off just going to Spain instead. Girls are hotter and easier (still not as easy as most of Europe though) and the country is cheaper. If your idea of paradise is a major city Barcelona then is probably it.

Quote: (02-03-2017 07:07 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

You're probably better off just going to Spain instead. Girls are hotter and easier (still not as easy as most of Europe though) and the country is cheaper. If your idea of paradise is a major city Barcelona then is probably it.

I am Italian and I can't really differentiate girls between Italian and Spanish. They look almost same. I went to Barcelona for 2 months in 2014, I think on average, girls are ugly there as well. They are relatively easier than Italian girls, I do agree but not any hotter than Italian girls. They're same.

Eastern Europe is much much better.

I was just in Rome for a week and it seemed hella hard. Tinder matches non existent and didn't really see any game / make-outs / pulls while out at night.