rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How has election result affected your social life?

For me personally, Trump being elected president hasn't effected my every day social life. The people on my team at work (mostly non-white) knew I was a Trump supporter and rib me about it but it hasn't affected our relationship. My team lead is actually an Indian woman and even she texted me around midnight to ask me if I was celebrating and congratulated me on "my candidate" winning when I saw at the office the next day. None of my close friends are getting triggered either even the ones who were voting Bernie/Hillary.

I did get a bunch of Facebook blocks and de-friendings from people were acquaintances that I only see perhaps once every few months. An interesting trend is that 100% of them have been from females.

Hasn't had any impact whatsoever. Girls i'm seeing all know i'm a Trump supporter. They are not American even though they are very in tune with mainstream culture and the media. They couldn't care less for the most part.

One was even kind of curious as to why I support Trump.

So I broke it down with the cliff notes version of the red pill..the scandals, the inner circle pedo shit, the wars and lies. Her eyes got bigger and bigger while I was telling her these things. She later read a couple things I linked to and came back with different perspective and astounded she didn't know about any of this.

No blocks or anything like that. I have a couple left leaning friends in the U.S. who I trolled slightly about Trump but noone acted like a baby or anything.

Mild effect on my sleep so far. I'm able to operate on less sleep and I'm able to enter and work after naps easier. Hasn't had much effect on my social life as I've well past the hump of giving a shit about more notches now. But there are some very significant plans firnly scheduled for me now, and I'm confident that having the great man Mr Trump sitting above me as my leader will help me reach those outcomes I'm looking to reach in the next 12 months. I'm very happy. I feel more confident in life from a long-term holistic perspective. Even though he's only guaranteed 4 years. It tells me I have chance after spending my life under the boot of leftist monsters.

I'm busy as shit but the people I do keep in touch with on occasion don't care about politics that much. So they could care less. However, most of my family is just in shock, not really angry necessarily.

Growth Over Everything Else.

Nothing major here- Texas though and it was always a big joke to everybody here at least (barring places like Austin) that Texas would ever go blue for Hillary. My boss and I have been cracking up at some of the people protesting and whining about losing on twitter and what not.

None of the women I know ever considered voting for her at all either. They either went for Trump or just stayed home. A couple said they liked Bernie but still wouldn't vote for him.

Me personally, I've always had issues with insomnia- election night I was up all night anyhow till work the next morning. Slept like a baby last night though. Feels good knowing our country chose the right path ahead.

They think I'm evil and I think they're retarded.

Nothing's really changed. No point in discussing.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

It's affected my social life in disappointing, but not surprising ways. For starters, all my friends who were Clinton supporters and/or Bernie supporters all look at me differently. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but...they just give off a certain aura. It's kinda like they are now judging me harsher than they were before. Not to mention that students at my school give me dirty looks, and I am actually somewhat worried that people may deface my car and all its Trump stickers.

Social media "friends" have routinely blocked me or called me racist, sexist, bigot, etc.

But I don't give a damn because Trump.

Yep. Gf is a bleeding heart liberal. Didn't spend election night with her. Apparently she got drunk and needed support. Yesterday she was extremely disappointed that I didn't care about the results.

David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage. 1 Samuel 18:27

Yes, unfortunately negatively. I've lost friends and family members over this and not by my doing. I'm not going to stand idly by and be called any of the "-ism's" anymore because people who supposedly cared about me differ in opinion.

I will no longer cast pearls before swine.

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

More confident. I'm not afraid to speak my mind nor for being a white man anymore.

I've become a legend at work for my massive 9,000£ win. I've been called the red blooded patriot.

The circles I went with during Uni are either not interested or full-blown Hillary.

I Pepe'd the fuck out of the latter then unfriended them and I turned FB off. Facebook wasn't used by me since then anyway so good riddance.

Work colleagues were anti-Brexit due to economic fears so for me to then gloat about Trump would not be taken lightly!

Overall positive impact. Times like these give you a rare opportunity to wholesale separate the wheat from the chaff among acquaintances, colleagues, family, friends, etc. By and large I haven't severed any particular ties as a result, but now truly know where people stand and whether their beliefs and values bear even a resemblance to mine -- and accordingly whether it makes sense to devote any further time and energy to strengthen those bonds and whether they are worthy of my trust.

Overall negative social impact, especially at work.

Facebook has been a wall of libtards freaking out about the "racist direction our country is taking" and how "hitler has come back" etc. Its a bunch of emotional garbage with no logic behind it. I'm surprised that many people who I believed to be logical and intelligent have turned into lumps of porridge with no clear thinking ability. Very disappointing and feeling a bit isolated. Have turned to this forum.

At work its been bad as well. Yesterday, most of the office rolled in late and one of the secretaries went home early "to mourn." The thing is I work with a fairly conservative bunch of older gentlemen in a conservative profession - one guy sent us a mass e-mail that we shall "press onward." C'mon?

I'm kind of looking forward to the day that I become a partner at my firm just so that I can freely send out congratulations e-mails to trigger these people on days like this, without worrying about impediments to my career.

I've been in college for the past few years, so most of my acquaintances are liberal as hell (but most of my closer friends are very conservative). I've gotten closer with the conservatives and have gotten more distant with the liberals over the past few months.

I've been guarded in what I tell people, as I don't feel like taking social risks in my last year of college on a far-left campus. When I *do* have a conversation with a liberal, I either tell them I'm not voting or voting for Jill Stein to sabotage Clinton. That alone has gotten a few people to tell me they hate me.

On Facebook, around ten people have unfriended me and I've said nothing too overtly pro-Trump (although I began referring to Clinton exclusively as "the criminal" in my posts last week just to trigger people). Posted a status on Election Day saying "when you enter that polling place today, remember that to answer to nobody but yourself". After Trump's victory, posted a status of amused surprise.

My gf has instructed her family not to bring up Trump around me and me to not bring up Trump around them. Apparently they live in a bleeding heart liberal household and its cutting them pretty deep that they're candidate lost

Our workplace was amusing last night. We have a solid mix of Trump and Clinton people, but we work Trauma, we dont have time for petty drama. However, the old floor I worked on has lost its mind. I dropped a pt off and they still had nurses crying because Trump won. A full day later, they were in tears. Some of them couldn't even speak because they were so filled with rage. I simply waved and said ``Isn't this weather is great! I hope you have a great shift.'' Another nurse I work with showed me the reaction of some of her friends on facebook. My God, these lunatics are free to walk the streets? Most of them need to be in a psychiatric hospital.

Nothing has changed for me, and nothing will. I love this forum and the men on it but just like Obama, Trump will change nothing. The liberals are going to double down, the Republican party will lose the mid terms and Washington will continue to do nothing. Prepare yourself for the predictable.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

My balls feel 50% bigger that's about it.

Deus vult!

After winning a big bet and packing our work beer fridge full, I don't think my friends had any choice other than to get red pilled. They are taking it very easily.

It was a lot harder to get it down at the start of the year I assure you.

Nothing's better then knowing the banshee's not getting in the WH. All my friends celebrated the age of Trump!

[Image: toast-o.gif]

Ideally, as an Indian, one should not care much who should get elected as the President of the United States- I mean yeah US affects every country in the world, but even then its the choice of Americans. However, lots of SJW Indians have taken to venting against Trump supporters and whining. I have been trolling the ones I know using their own logic- so one person who was saying "those who selected him were idiots", I have been telling her- "Oh, so now you have become judgmental".

Quote: (11-11-2016 03:31 AM)Goelsaab Wrote:  

Ideally, as an Indian, one should not care much who should get elected as the President of the United States- I mean yeah US affects every country in the world, but even then its the choice of Americans. However, lots of SJW Indians have taken to venting against Trump supporters and whining. I have been trolling the ones I know using their own logic- so one person who was saying "those who selected him were idiots", I have been telling her- "Oh, so now you have become judgmental".

Indeed. The hypocrisy of many of these SJW-esque Facebook dwelling liberals is extraordinary. I've had a few scold me for being judgemental for saying factual things, but the judgementalism coming from the same people in recent times re Brexit and Trump is breathtaking. Deeply indoctrinated people and sadly most are resistant to any kind of unplugging from the Matrix.

It has not affected mine, because I've been removing low-performing individuals for quite some time.

Many people resent Trump not for who he is, but for what he has: a beautiful wife, beautiful children, wealth, courage, etc. It's jealousy, essentially. And that's the only topic they really care about - their lowered SMV, which can only be improved if the entire nation is devalued. A woman who is a 5 wants other women to be a 5 - that way she can be a 10.

Generally speaking, you don't need these people in your social circle. The exceptions can be be family and long-time friends. But besides that, you're better off without these people.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

The company I work for is very big on "Equality" & "Diversity" and Globalism in general so I have to watch my step in what I say.
Most people I work with are the usual types who don't question things too much, decent people but if you get talking to them about Politics, you begin to see how brainwashed most of them are.
Not all of them were 'Remainers' but almost all of them were and still are anti-Trump.
Some of them you can have a rational conversation of sorts with, but others are just too indoctrinated by the media and their largely leftist social conditioning.
So, my current status is I'm not crowing about Trump's victory but I'm also not shying away if anyone asks me about it either (some people here but not all know I like Trump).
If I were to be a bit more vocal about it, I think it would be viewed negatively by management, and could harm me careerwise, so I'm careful.
I have one redpill buddy and another who has moments of being redpill, and they're my two closest friends so I'm pretty okay on that side of things.
Family is a little tricky, my brothers and sister are good guys but believe a lot of what they hear and read in the media and so are predictably anti-Trump, not surprisingly my sister a bit moreso than my brothers who I can still debate with somewhat on these issues.
I tried to explain to my sis recently about how crazy and suicidal for Europe it is to have open borders to opportunistic parasitic 3rd worlders but she doesn't get it and I don't know if she ever will, some of her progressive female friends have implanted a lot of illogical kumbaya ideas in her.
Still, overall things are not too bad for me, I can handle it at the moment anyway.

I've seen two or three FB de-friending that I know of, as well as had one close family friend essentially tell me to fuck off permanently - this, after smugly offering me a bet of a couple of thousand dollars a few of days before the election. He did this after emailing me, unsolicited, about the election, even though I never got too deep into politics with him before.

I did not take the bet, nor would it have mattered as he would never have paid it. I would never have expected him to, even if his attitude were better as I don't gamble. He was so certain of a Hillary victory.

The kicker? He's a guilt-ridden leftist German who has very little exposure to media outside what's provided to him via censored and already left-leaning European media. I did not expect even someone like him to react this way, but he's carrying on like a schoolgirl who just got denied an allowance. He has zero stake in the game and cannot vote in our elections, but takes a Trump win personally as if a meteor just struck his grandmas house.

I should have known when he got offended at me questioning the leadership of Merkel in my response to his challenge for a bet and ensuing discussion of politics, but I never imagined it would ever come to this - I've known the guy almost ten years. Some people might regret losing a friend over something so silly, but I don't see it that way - he deliberately lost me, not the other way around. Too bad, we had some good times.