rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you work out for a "Bear" or a Hollywood Physique?

Different physiques for different times. Also, isn't "bear" a euphemism for burly faggot? Anyway, After a bulk I'm usually bear mode, but then I like to cut down and be 6-packed out. I wouldn't dream of trying to sustain one type of physique all the time. Half the fun of fitness is that you can modify your physique to suit your needs.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Hollywood, I aim for Ryan Reynolds in Blade III, sort of physique.

I work out for me.

Hollywood is full of faggots.

Bears are faggots.

I am not a faggot.

I work out for me.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I don't have a target physique. I lift because I like getting stronger and it makes me feel good, both in the moment and generally. My body is a lot happier when I'm lifting regularly, it improves my posture, I don't get achy from sitting at my desk a lot, etc.

I'm long past the point where it's easy to gain much muscle (without gear, anyway), so once I'm done cutting back to a reasonable weight this time around I want to pretty much stay there. I like tailored clothes, you see, and I want my clothes to fit me for more than a few months at a time.

My target physic involves not having a beer-belly.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I couldn't get past second three of the vid.
I'm calling the kettle black here because I also have a shitty accent when I speak english but this fellow's voice is hard to take seriously .

Also:
Quote:Urban Dictionary Wrote:

bear
A term used by gay men to describe a husky, large man with a lot of body hair.
George's sexual tastes run toward bears.

(WARNINGBig Grinon't google "bear + gay" unless you have ABUNDANT eye bleach)

On to a more serious note :
Your body type has a lot to do as well l with the types of physique you can develop.
Someone leaning towards the endomorph scale is more likely to develop and mantain a power lifter kind of body for example.
[Image: bodytypes.jpg]

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

I don't give much stock towards body types.

I've weighed 125 lbs and 225 lbs (inside of 4 years).

Does that sound fantastic? I don't give a shit. If you can't put on twenty five pounds a year, you're not trying hard enough. Of course it's not all muscle.

It all depends on how much you're willing to eat and to a lesser extent, how much work you're willing to put towards lifting heavier weights. Honestly, the weights lift themselves if you're eating enough.

The fact is, your height doesn't matter, your genetics don't matter, your age doesn't matter.

If you haven't lifted weights before, you will experience a powerful, steroid-like effect as your body catches up to what it should be accustomed to.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Well, how you look at 125 and 225 depends on your height and build. I'm 5'8. My friend keeps telling me "get to 200 pounds." There is no way in hell I want to weigh 200 pounds at 5'8. Sorry, just not my cup of tea. Unless you have the juiciest genetics (phil heath) you'll look funny as fuck. That said, I wouldn't worry about "genetics" since most dudes aren't professional athletes or pro level bodybuilders.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I wouldnt know enough to be able to properly discuss it.
I had a phase in my gym days (early twenties) where I was starting to lift heavier weights but I've always got more pleasure and better performance from testing my endurance in cardio and eventually got back into it.
Nowadays I mix it with a bit of bodyweight exercises but that's it:not very impressive aesthetically but effective enough to pull me through my treks

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

[Image: 1477646222371.png]

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I workout to impress the highschool girls
[Image: PTrHpGrz2R-8.png]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I want to be able to intimidate people, so my aim to build serious mass. If I can achieve that (and I know I will eventually), life will probably be much easier. People will not dare mistreat you, and will usually treat you better.

Not to mention that girls love these guys. Read the posts from Anonymus Bosch (BB, and by god, quite a smart one) and see how girls treat him.

Quote: (10-28-2016 03:48 AM)Hannibal Wrote:  

I don't give much stock towards body types.
Does that sound fantastic? I don't give a shit. If you can't put on twenty five pounds a year, you're not trying hard enough. Of course it's not all muscle.

I've weighed between 160 and 170 since I was 16 years old (I'm over 30). And that's going from eating like shit and doing nothing for years, to being on ADD meds for a bit (slim down to 160), to off ADD meds and watching my weight, to now (last 2 years) eating a full healthy diet and lifting heavy weights 3-4 times a week.

So let's not play the "we're all the same" game.

Nowadays I lift because it's good for my psychology (anti-depressant), it's healthy, I work at a computer so I do lotsa pullups, and it makes me look good. Girls notice. I've gotten laid plenty of times because I lift.

Maybe I'm the weird one, but I never focus on bulking vs cutting or stuff like that. I just go in and lift weights 2-3 times a week, eat healthy, and get my steps in [Image: smile.gif]

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Workout for your goals - this is the Red Pill way.
2 years ago I was 259 pounds, powerlifter/bodybuilder.
My goal was to be the strongest and most muscular version of myself I could be.

This morning I weighed in at 166 pounds and am absolutely shredded from head to toe.
I train Muay Thai 7 days a week, twice a day (am and pm)
My goal right now is to be the most dangerous, deadly striker version of myself I can be.

The body will mold to the goal, have a goal in mind and the body will follow.

This video is fucking annoying, he says that if you get to low bodyfat levels like on hollywood physiques you'll get a pencil neck..

Plus bear is a gay term like mentioned above.

But answering the question, in the winter i'm around 12% bf with lots of water and heavier, so i look bigger with winter clothes, in the summer i'm around 6-8% and I look diced even with a shirt on, its just about the proper fit. You have to know what clothes to use.

Plus, you can have a shirt 2x your size, if you're forearms are full of veins and shredded and your traps show trough the shirt, people will now you lift, focus on the secondarys gents.

I use my body to serve my mind.

I found out (stupidly late though) that when I train regularly and hard that my studying and reasoning capabilities improve by a Goddamn large margin.

I train to get myself into an everlasting 100% Beast mode.

Physical, Mental and Spiritual 100% Beast mode.

Mens sana in corpore sano --> a sound mind in a sound body!

Romans 8:31 - 'What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?'

My notes.

Mike Cernovich Compilation 2015 | 2016

The Gold from Bold

Quote: (10-28-2016 03:56 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Well, how you look at 125 and 225 depends on your height and build. I'm 5'8. My friend keeps telling me "get to 200 pounds." There is no way in hell I want to weigh 200 pounds at 5'8. Sorry, just not my cup of tea. Unless you have the juiciest genetics (phil heath) you'll look funny as fuck. That said, I wouldn't worry about "genetics" since most dudes aren't professional athletes or pro level bodybuilders.

It's not just a question of looking funny as fuck but everything would have to be in alignment for you to be that heavy at your height and not be a bit chubby. Tons of dudes are in denial about fat gain as they lift. I used to be one.
For the record I'm 5'10 and a half and hover around 200 and could afford to be leaner.

Where's the rundown of the video?

delete

Quote: (10-31-2016 09:27 AM)Nascimento Wrote:  

delete

lol

I don't care what I look like, I workout to performance benchmarks.

Ive aways been thin, Ill always be thin but a 2x bodyweight deadlift is a 2x bodyweight deadlift.

Quote: (10-28-2016 11:03 PM)Mjölnir Wrote:  

This video is fucking annoying, he says that if you get to low bodyfat levels like on hollywood physiques you'll get a pencil neck..

Plus bear is a gay term like mentioned above.

But answering the question, in the winter i'm around 12% bf with lots of water and heavier, so i look bigger with winter clothes, in the summer i'm around 6-8% and I look diced even with a shirt on, its just about the proper fit. You have to know what clothes to use.

Plus, you can have a shirt 2x your size, if you're forearms are full of veins and shredded and your traps show trough the shirt, people will now you lift, focus on the secondarys gents.

How do you measure that? 6-8% is very very hard to get to. Even harder to stay at for any reasonable length of time.

People are at that level long enough to be on stage maybe.

Kaizen, I could see 8% year around (if you are the fucking man), but whenever a guy claims 6% bodyfat for months on end, I am skeptical. Unless you have some world-renowned fitness coach hitting you with a dexa-scan and calipers every few weeks it is VERY hard to tell.

I do have a friend who walks around at about 200 pounds and 8% most of the year. It is possible, but he is a juicehead and will tell you that if you asked him. However, even he sometimes puts on weight over the winter because it is stressful and taxing maintaining super-low BF all year around. He has also been lifting longer than I've been alive.

However, I knew this guy who claimed he was 220 pounds at 5% bodyfat while in high school. Says he was a swimmer. 220 pounds at 5% looks something like this:

[Image: serge.jpg]

I am not trying to hate or anything, but guys are always overestimating how lean they are. If a guy says 5%, then I assume 10%. If he says 10%, then I assume 15%. Obviously, I could be wrong, but this is such a common error that I do always assume it's not true. Few guys can be honest with themselves about how fat they really are.

Right now my goals are pretty much purely strength. I'm a hard gainer so I have to eat a lot of fucking food to gain to begin with so I'm not particularly worried about getting fat. When I get to my long term strength goals I'll focus more on aesthetics.