rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Short term studio rentals Buenos Aires

Hello guys.

So I'm planning on taking a short trip to Argentina in January. I am probably going to stay either from January 10th until February/March 10th (depending on the check I receive on Monday).

I want to rent a studio, preferably in San Telmo.

I know airbnb is the newest thing but the prices are outrageously more expensive than if you actually just rent.

What do you guys think I should do? what sites should I use or how should I go about doing this so I get the best prices.

(PS: I'm totally fine with sharing an apartment / house with room-mates, as long as I have my own room!)

Thanks gentlemen.

You aren't just renting an apartment with airbnb. You're also paying for the furniture, amenities, electric, gas, water, and the fact that it's short term. I've found it's always worth it to just go with airbnb. You might be able to find housing groups on facebook in different cities but I have never seen anything worthwhile. They usually cater to the cheaper areas that tourists do not want to visit.

I'd say it depends on how long you are going to stay. The longer you stay the more worthwhile it is into looking into options aside from Airbnb. If you are staying for one month then probably better just stick to Airbnb. Especially if you are going to the hassle to try to find something else.

On a side note someone on here was saying that Buenos Aires is one of the best places for rental units, in terms of yield. So I can believe that units are moderately expensive. Though the owner does have to cover a lot, all utilities plus money in case you fuck up the apartment and steal everything.