rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lukewarm interest (text game minutiae)

Suppose you agree to meet with an online girl early in the week, and assume she contacted you proactively.

The afternoon before the agreed upon meet rolls around and she text you something to the effect of "Hey! [Image: smile.gif] are we still on for tomorrow?"

And then you reply in some fashion to the affirmative.

And then...nothing more from her for the rest of the day, into the next.

It's say 6 hours before the agreed upon time, and still nothing.

Do you:

A) hit her up in some indirect way to see if you're still on ("So I'll be headed out at around..") If she replies, proceed otherwise option B

B) Don't bother texting her proactively, this is probably an incoming flake/serial dater/disinterested girl, just prepare to go for your option B unless you hear otherwise and silent girl suddenly seems like a much better lead and proceed as normal

C) If she texts you very close to your scheduled time after not replying for well over a day, tell her you made other plans because you didn't hear anything

D) if she texts you very close to your scheduled time, tell her you made other plans but she's free to come along

E) something else?

Scheduling meets five and six days in advance is always a poor option for online game; you can almost palpably feel their enthusiasm drop over time. But sometimes a cute girl hits you up on Sunday out of the blue, you hit it off but she unequivocally states she can only do weekends. Have to strike while the iron's hot I think and take one's chances...

I just sat on my ass and the flake came in a little before 5, as expected - she used the "I forgot I had to babysit for my brother's kids tonight" excuse with no counteroffer.

Told her that was very unfortunate - kids can't even drink, much less make a decent martini.

It's been quite a while since I had a girl flake on me. Almost a dose of nostalgia.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think you did the correct maneuver. You let her know that she fucked up while trying to be funny and keeping it fairly light. I doubt you'll hear from her again but if she does contact you expect to get laid.

Yep, well played XP. No contact to her now unless she shows some effort and contrition.

Flaking just part of the business, you are doing well if they are getting rarer!

She's still responding to my texts. "OMG I know I wish they knew how to make me a drink" etc.

That's unusual for a flake, for me. Being chill about it may have passed some mental shit-test she had.

As the wisdom on the "what to do when she flakes on me" threads dictate, it's best to play it case by case.

Even though she flaked, she's still engaging. I'll give her one more shot, and let her know she should meet up with me at X bar next week.

Quote: (10-16-2016 01:17 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

She's still responding to my texts. "OMG I know I wish they knew how to make me a drink" etc.

That's unusual for a flake, for me. Being chill about it may have passed some mental shit-test she had.

As the wisdom on the "what to do when she flakes on me" threads dictate, it's best to play it case by case.

Even though she flaked, she's still engaging. I'll give her one more shot, and let her know she should meet up with me at X bar next week.

It sounds to me she just enjoys the attention. Females are equipped with numerous ways to get out of almost any situation and if they flake it usually indicates a lack of respect or she would rather be somewhere else.

That said there is a miniscule chance her flake was valid - she legitimately forgot and made a promise to someone that is and should be more important than you like a close family member or someone integral to her own support network. I wouldn't hold out for that chance, but it is there.

If you haven't already - go no contact and restart in a week or so if you believe her flake was valid. Good luck my man

sounds like she didn't break your stride at all - play on playa

I managed to pull a reschedule out of this flakey HB7.

Here's how the texting went down:

"OMG I know I wish they knew how to make me a drink" etc.

No reply for 5 hours. Then:

Me: "Well, I went to Wahlburgers with my buddy instead. Donnie din't prep it for me, it was terrible."

Next morning: "It was terrible just because he didn't make it for you?"

No reply from me.

Her: "So what do you do?" 24 hours later.

Me: "I pretend gourmet hamburgers are terrible."

"Is that a lucrative occupation?"

"Deadpan. I like it. But I was hoping to hold the boring stuff about work in reserve for our date"

"Sure! But when do you want to reschedule?"

"When aren't you watching other people's kids?"

"Haha definitely let's go out this weekend"

Etc.

So we'll see.

Ha! Nice text game man! Your stuff is pretty funny. Way better than mine. I'll have to hit you up for some pointers sometime.

Good job turning it around. I give some leeway on flaking if we've never met. I have zero patience for it after though.

For the question above, I always send a text that morning. Something like "Do you know if this place has valet? See you tonight." If I get no response then I just don't go.

There's no reason to torture yourself. She knows if she is meeting you.

This whole thread is why I don't do online dating. All this for a 7? I'd rather play in a poker tourney.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

I hit her up again on Friday night, she sort of agreed to something for today but didn't offer any specifics. I sent her the last text that night but heard nothing more.

Got a text from her this afternoon about 4 that just said "what time?" Unfortunately for her, I already got a text from another girl this morning who was slightly less attractive but way more enthusiastic for tonight, so I let her know I had already made plans.

Back atcha, sweetheart. I guess sometimes you lose when you want to play games.

And like clockwork, my reverse-flake sent her hamster into a tailspin. She sent me a couple wall of text texts last night, being all apologetic for not being more enthusiastic and asking for another shot.

She wanted to meet up ASAP, tomorrow. I've never flipped a flake into a date, much less a bang. The day 2 with the other chick wasn't that great and I don't think I'll see her again. I'll report back on how it goes with Miss Flakey.

*holding back the tears*

When I see a man put his own needs over some stranger chick, it warms my heart.

Every time you flake on a lukewarm chick, an angel gets its wings.

WIA

Every time you flake on a lukewarm chick, new flower blossoms