rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York pharmacy charges 'Man Tax'

Quote:Quote:

A New York pharmacy has been on the receiving end of a backlash after announcing a new store policy that "all male customers are subject to a 7% Man Tax".

The unofficial levy was announced in the window of Thompson Chemists in the Soho district of Manhattan on Monday, alongside another sign declaring that "all female customers shop tax free".

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-37611512

Sounds like a stupid gimmick, but is still discrimination.

This is actually a good thing. It will get people talking about the right topics.

I'm the King of Beijing!

There aren't any other pharmacies in NYC shit what are we gonna do

If I was old, financially independent, bored and open to being on the receiving end of legal action, I'd buy a controlling interest in the pharmacy around the corner and shitlord by introducing a woman tax.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote:Quote:

A Manhattan pharmacy has begun charging its male customers an extra 7 percent “man tax” as a protest against gender-based income inequality as well as a political move to promote Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump.
The architect of the scheme is Thompson Chemists owner Jolie Alony, who claims that the tax helps level a playing field that is tilted against women. It also makes a political statement in support of women generally, and the Democratic Party in particular.

“We thought it’d be a great idea with all the political things going on—with Clinton being such a woman and the other guy and his womanizing,” Alony said.

The SoHo pharmacy posted two signs in the store’s front windows Monday announcing the new policy. A pink sign in one window reads, “New store policy: All Female Customers Shop Tax Free,” while a blue sign in the other window, reads “All Male Customers Are Subject to a 7% Man Tax.”

She also referred to the so-called “pink tax,” the extra amount women are reportedly charged for certain products or services, such as dry cleaning, personal care products and car maintenance. Added to income disparity, Alony said, the pink tax places an undue burden on women that needs to be rectified.

“We wanted to share that women deserve to get a break, and men deserve to be charged 7 percent more. Women are spending more in general and we make less, so we deserve to have a break,” Alony said.

Last year, the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs released a study claiming that products marketed to women in New York cost on average 7 percent more than equivalent products marketed to men, which explains Alony’s choice of a 7 percent tax for men.

Alony said she has already received wildly varied reactions to her signs announcing the man tax, which were posted Monday. While some couples have found the sign entertaining, others “were a little upset about it, saying, ‘Fuck you,’ ‘You’re being a sexist,’ and to get a lawyer,” Alony reported.

“We live in a big world, and I think we need to raise awareness,” she said.

Alony acknowledged that gender-based fees by a retail service establishment is a violation of New York City pricing laws, so she is not sure how long the ploy will last.

In reality, she said, the pharmacy is offering a 7 percent discount for women—effectively cutting out sales tax—rather than charging men more. Alony is reportedly paying the women’s sales tax out of her own pocket.

The pharmacy has not explained whether it will tax transgender males under the new policy.

Naturally the business is run by a woman, and when it fails due to these advanced sales-prevention tactics, she'll declare bankruptcy and have her debts cleared at taxpayer expense, and subsist off the income from a book and movie deal about how a female-owned small business entrepreneur was destroyed by the shadowy forces of the patriarchy.

Given that it's SoHo, however, she may be able to eek out a survival income from the business by cornering the local market of virtue-signalling hipsters. "Honey, you'd better pick up my Zoloft and Lorazepam at the 7% man tax store or you're SO not getting sex. Anyway, I hope my Tinder date on Thursday with Chad goes well. Could you drop me off?"

If this marketing gimmick works, then it was a smart idea. Never been to New York, but I think I'm correct in assuming that it's
chock-full of hipsters and SJWs, and I imagine many of them will go out of their way to shop at this pharmacy, even after they're forced to get rid of their discriminatory sales tax policy.

Its not discriminatory if its stricking to the white male

Quote: (10-13-2016 12:47 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Naturally the business is run by a woman, and when it fails due to these advanced sales-prevention tactics, she'll declare bankruptcy and have her debts cleared at taxpayer expense, and subsist off the income from a book and movie deal about how a female-owned small business entrepreneur was destroyed by the shadowy forces of the patriarchy.

Given that it's SoHo, however, she may be able to eek out a survival income from the business by cornering the local market of virtue-signalling hipsters. "Honey, you'd better pick up my Zoloft and Lorazepam at the 7% man tax store or you're SO not getting sex. Anyway, I hope my Tinder date on Thursday with Chad goes well. Could you drop me off?"

This should be recorded as a RVF classic. I nearly choked on my muesli chuckling to myself as I was reading it. It hits every mark it takes aim at.

Quote: (10-13-2016 12:47 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

[Image: potd.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Deus vult!

How on earth is this not grounds for a multimillion lawsuit?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

What will happen if I suddenly start claiming to be a woman when I enter their premises?

^My thought exactly. How dare they make assumptions about what I identify as depending on a social construct such as biological gender. How dare they.

I am patiently waiting for some sort of "women tax" to come out from some redpill business owner. You know every RVF-er in the area(Myself included) would shop there!

That would never happen though cause "muh oppression!"

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

"You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it." -Monsieur Gustave H, The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Ketosis Datasheet
Diet Update #1

Bitch got some free advertising but lost 50% customers. If you take into account that men work (and thus have more money), she lost even more.

New Yorkers are not stupids.
Soon to go bankrupt pharmacy.

Probably smart advertising really. I'm completely speculating here, but I imagine the business owner knows her demographic, and a pharmacy in super-hip soho probably has like 80%+ female clientèle. Going there for all their multitude of prescriptions, tampons/pads, skin care and bath needs, condoms, morning after pills, ibuprofen, baby care (loljk), etc. I imagine a lot of women that dwell in soho likely identify as "feminists" too so this sort of "stick it to the patriarchy" promotional gimmick will probably knock it out of the park.

Hell, there are barbershops where women straight up are not even allowed to go in besides to the front desk to buy a gift card. There was a thread about it and a lot of members here praised it. Chill.

Quote: (10-13-2016 10:37 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Probably smart advertising really. I'm completely speculating here, but I imagine the business owner knows her demographic, and a pharmacy in super-hip soho probably has like 80%+ female clientèle. Going there for all their multitude of prescriptions, tampons/pads, skin care and bath needs, condoms, morning after pills, ibuprofen, baby care (loljk), etc. I imagine a lot of women that dwell in soho likely identify as "feminists" too so this sort of "stick it to the patriarchy" promotional gimmick will probably knock it out of the park.

Hell, there are barbershops where women straight up are not even allowed to go in besides to the front desk to buy a gift card. There was a thread about it and a lot of members here praised it. Chill.

I completely missed that aspect. Makes a ton of sense now... Good call.

"You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it." -Monsieur Gustave H, The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Ketosis Datasheet
Diet Update #1

a lot of members here praised it. Chill.

...like a certain shirtless marathon swimming intergalactic aviator...

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

You neglected to mention cat food [Image: wink.gif]

What if you just identify as female?

That's how somebody would have to win if they decide to sue this store. Just their lease is worth big bucks. Some lawyer will take.

You can sue because you are a man being discriminated against. That won't work. You'd have to be a tranny.

I bet the store has a policy to not charge anyone the man tax that tries to argue about it.

Which forum dude in NYC wants to take one for the team, and can walk in heels?

Aloha!

Shitlording and going in there claiming you're a transwoman stuck in a man's body wold be hilarious.

Better yet I could see an actual tranny being discriminated against in a place like that, "You're not a woman ! get out !"

Snake always eats the head.

As the article said, she still owes sales tax (to both the city and state of NY) on every sale, regardless of who buys what. I'm not sure what the margin on most pharmacy items is at retail, but running a shop anywhere on Manhattan isn't cheap, so she would really have to make it up in terms of volume to show any appreciable difference versus her nearby competitors.

If most of her customers wind up being women, that's a serious chunk of change she'll have to pay on her own. Hence, I predict this will not last beyond a couple of weeks once the story dies down.

Quote: (10-13-2016 06:58 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

^My thought exactly. How dare they make assumptions about what I identify as depending on a social construct such as biological gender. How dare they.

Sexist bastards.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

The real question, though, is what tax do they charge on Attack Helicopters like myself?

And in a place far far away, Uncle Sam and Bankruptcy are having a huge threesome with this pharmacy.

Nope.