rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lawsuit: Yahoo CEO tried to get rid of male employees

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/07/lawsuit-y...oyees.html

Quote:Quote:

Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer led a secret campaign to purge the company of male employees, according to a lawsuit filed in San Jose District Court this week.

Scott Ard, a media executive who worked for Yahoo for about three and a half years until he was fired in January 2015, alleged in the lawsuit that "Mayer encouraged and fostered the use of [an employee performance-rating system] to accommodate management's subjective biases and personal opinions, to the detriment of Yahoo's male employees."

Yahoo spokesperson Carolyn Clark told CNBC on Friday the lawsuit has no merit, saying, "fairness is a guiding principal of [the company's] annual review and reward process."

"With the unwavering support of our CEO we are focused on hiring employees with broad and varied backgrounds, and perspectives," she said. "As we have stated in the past, the quarterly performance review process is not only fair, but has improved our overall performance."

The complaint said quarterly performance reviews were implemented by Mayer in August 2012, shortly after becoming president and CEO of the company. Managers would assign each of their employees a quarterly rating on a scale of zero to five points, based on their performance.

The lawsuit argued that during a second step of the review process, called "calibration," higher-level management would modify employee ratings, despite having little to no actual contact with the employee. The suit further alleged that employees were never told their actual numeric rating, or how it had been determined.

Two other executives, Kathy Savitt, Yahoo's chief marketing officer at the time, and Megan Liberman, current editor-in-chief of Yahoo News (identified as vice president of news for Yahoo at the time), are mentioned in the lawsuit.

Ard alleged that 14 of the 16 senior-level editorial employees hired or promoted by Savitt in about an 18-month period were female. He also alleged Savitt has publicly expressed support for increasing the number of women in media and has intentionally hired and promoted women, while firing and demoting men because of their gender.

The suit also alleged that in November 2014, Liberman applied the review process and subsequently terminated another employee, Gregory Anderson, while he was on approved leave for the prestigious Knight-Wallace fellowship at the University of Michigan. Anderson reported directly to Ard at the time, but Liberman only allegedly shared her termination plan with him right before she carried it out.

Anderson filed a lawsuit against Yahoo in February 2016, alleging he was fired because of his gender. His attorney, Jon Parsons, declined to comment.

Parsons also represents Ard, making this the second case he has filed against Yahoo alleging anti-male discrimination.

Its no surprise that Yahoo has been doing SO SO poorly in the last couple of years. Hiring based on anything other than skill and merit is the downfall of companies. Tell that to Ubisoft HA!

[Image: Rip+in+peace+ubisoft_b90382_5772811.jpg]

I don't have a lot to add to the discussion, but over the last several years I've had the misfortune of working with several former managers from Yahoo, MySpace and Google. All of them women, and all them the dumbest fucking idiots I had ever met in my life. The Yahoo ones were by 100 times the dumbest.

Out of curiosity I would ask questions about how they got in their positions and I began to see an obvious pattern: they were hired as an intern and continuously promoted, despite the fact they were woefully unqualified. I had moments where my jaw nearly dropped when I realized I needed to explain something about their job to them.

This affirmative action diversity hiring bullshit is cancer. Companies must hire, fire, and promote on merit or die.

" The Narrative is Collapsing" -Roosh V. You got to admit, he called it back in September of 2015.

Growth Over Everything Else.

I hope these lawsuits become commonplace.

Quote: (10-07-2016 07:55 PM)ChemicalFreezer Wrote:  

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/07/lawsuit-y...oyees.html

Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer led a secret campaign to purge the company of male employees, according to a lawsuit filed in San Jose District Court this week.

Scott Ard, a media executive who worked for Yahoo for about three and a half years until he was fired in January 2015, alleged in the lawsuit that "Mayer encouraged and fostered the use of [an employee performance-rating system] to accommodate management's subjective biases and personal opinions, to the detriment of Yahoo's male employees."

Yahoo spokesperson Carolyn Clark told CNBC on Friday the lawsuit has no merit, saying, "fairness is a guiding principal of [the company's] annual review and reward process."

"With the unwavering support of our CEO we are focused on hiring employees with broad and varied backgrounds, and perspectives," she said. "As we have stated in the past, the quarterly performance review process is not only fair, but has improved our overall performance."

The complaint said quarterly performance reviews were implemented by Mayer in August 2012, shortly after becoming president and CEO of the company. Managers would assign each of their employees a quarterly rating on a scale of zero to five points, based on their performance.

The lawsuit argued that during a second step of the review process, called "calibration," higher-level management would modify employee ratings, despite having little to no actual contact with the employee. The suit further alleged that employees were never told their actual numeric rating, or how it had been determined.

Two other executives, Kathy Savitt, Yahoo's chief marketing officer at the time, and Megan Liberman, current editor-in-chief of Yahoo News (identified as vice president of news for Yahoo at the time), are mentioned in the lawsuit.

Ard alleged that 14 of the 16 senior-level editorial employees hired or promoted by Savitt in about an 18-month period were female. He also alleged Savitt has publicly expressed support for increasing the number of women in media and has intentionally hired and promoted women, while firing and demoting men because of their gender.

The suit also alleged that in November 2014, Liberman applied the review process and subsequently terminated another employee, Gregory Anderson, while he was on approved leave for the prestigious Knight-Wallace fellowship at the University of Michigan. Anderson reported directly to Ard at the time, but Liberman only allegedly shared her termination plan with him right before she carried it out.

Anderson filed a lawsuit against Yahoo in February 2016, alleging he was fired because of his gender. His attorney, Jon Parsons, declined to comment.

Parsons also represents Ard, making this the second case he has filed against Yahoo alleging anti-male discrimination.

Its no surprise that Yahoo has been doing SO SO poorly in the last couple of years. Hiring based on anything other than skill and merit is the downfall of companies. Tell that to Ubisoft HA!

[Image: Rip+in+peace+ubisoft_b90382_5772811.jpg]

Is Ubisoft not doing well?

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

The Trump tape is all over the news but not a damn peep about this from anywhere else other than the Manosphere and financial news.

I guarantee you Yahoo, which hasn't been relevant since about 2001 by the way, is not the only company that has carried out an anti-male campaign of this nature.

This is one more reason why all men need entrepreneurial ventures and multiple sources of income. Modern corporations are openly hostile to men.

Fuck the corporate world, bitches.

Ubisoft is staying afloat, but minus their holiday season, their sales each quarter for 2015-2016 were down over 70%. They've been going downhill for a few years now.

Quote: (10-07-2016 08:22 PM)Mushroom Wrote:  

This affirmative action diversity hiring bullshit is cancer. Companies must hire, fire, and promote on merit or die.

[Image: yellen.jpg]

Quote: (10-07-2016 10:09 PM)nek Wrote:  

Is Ubisoft not doing well?

Ubisoft haven't released a real 'hit' game since the original Assassins Creed back in 2007.

They're staying alive by doing frequent releases of Assassins Creed (now up to sequel 15 or something silly) and Tom Clancy games.

I went and did some digging on the Ubisoft as I found that too hard to believe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/...ed/cwqjetn

The second image was taken on Womens Day and shows only the female Developers at Ubisoft, a company that has over 2500 employees so even that many women are still in a minority. The first picture is the Assassin's Creed development team one of many teams at Ubisoft.

I'm actually wondering how Yahoo is still relevant? No one uses it as a search engine, or as a news 'homepage'. Is it just runing off all the registered email addresses?

Quote: (10-07-2016 08:22 PM)Mushroom Wrote:  

I work for a global firm listed on the London FTSE which has diversity targets which are audited by a huge, British global bank.

The volume and looks of each year's female graduates is a running joke inside the firm but away from female ears. The average young woman in the company has the looks well above and beyond that of the general population.

I read somewhere about 15 years ago that at least 10% of young men have struggled to get their first job because of affirmative action programmes.

Dupe:
thread-55308...ight=yahoo
thread-53510...ight=yahoo

Funner Dupe:
thread-38171...ight=yahoo

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Quote: (10-07-2016 10:03 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

I hope these lawsuits become commonplace.
You know what, that's not a bad idea. Progressives don't mind ruining lives through litigation, why don't we start playing at their own game?

I wonder if shareholders of companies that have non-required affirmative action diversity hiring could found civil suits against the companies because every public company has a legal obligation to their shareholders to increase profit, and not hiring/firing/promoting based on merit is against increasing profits.

And who else is wondering why Yahoo dropped dramatically in value like a hammer in the last years?

This "diversity" stuff is a distraction and in a bunch of cases really destroys company value, simply by not hiring the best candidates.

I wish Yahoo's actions were rare for tech, but they definitely are not. Many tech companies are doing this diversity stuff whereby they argue that a more "diverse" workplace is advantageous since it brings candidates from a "wide variety of backgrounds" which will lead to many different points of view which is good. I'm sure the executives at Yahoo argued like most HR personnel do in this area, that diversity never gets in the way of hiring the best, it's just one of many factors that are considered. Most often these people cite research from biased liberals without any merit who do faulty studies to show diversity helps. Basically what it's coming down to is that if you're a white guy or asian guy, you're going to have to kill it in school and come out on top if you want a shot at a top tech company, whereas if you're a chick or minority you have an edge.

Quote: (10-08-2016 02:37 AM)britchard Wrote:  

I'm actually wondering how Yahoo is still relevant? No one uses it as a search engine, or as a news 'homepage'. Is it just runing off all the registered email addresses?

Old people (like my parents) still use Yahoo. It's what they used when they first got on the internet, so they stick with what they know.

But once the next generation takes over, these legacy companies will probably die off for good.

Dont get me wrong, I hate the fucking radical Islamists/Muslims, but the portion of Sharia Law where you strip women of any power and decision making ability makes more and more sense every day.

I have worked for a woman 1 time in my life, and it will most likely be the only time.

Quote: (10-08-2016 02:08 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

Dont get me wrong, I hate the fucking radical Islamists/Muslims, but the portion of Sharia Law where you strip women of any power and decision making ability makes more and more sense every day.

I have worked for a woman 1 time in my life, and it will most likely be the only time.

I have worked for women many times in my career. Most of the ones born before 1960 were quite pleasant to work for. The ones born after 1980 were incompetent and had very bad attitudes.

So, the ones from a time where they were well socialized tend to be okay to work for. The ones taught that they are oppressed and that they should hate men are the nightmare.

Yes, I'm an old man. I've been working since before most of the men here were born.

Quote: (10-08-2016 02:35 PM)chicane Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2016 02:08 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

I have worked for women many times in my career. Most of the ones born before 1960 were quite pleasant to work for. The ones born after 1980 were incompetent and had very bad attitudes.

So, the ones from a time where they were well socialized tend to be okay to work for. The ones taught that they are oppressed and that they should hate men are the nightmare.

Yes, I'm an old man. I've been working since before most of the men here were born.

Agree. Older man here, same experience. Worked for a tough fifty year old lady, she was pretty cool.

Quote: (10-08-2016 01:56 PM)Celestial Wrote:  

This "diversity" stuff is a distraction and in a bunch of cases really destroys company value, simply by not hiring the best candidates.

I wish Yahoo's actions were rare for tech, but they definitely are not. Many tech companies are doing this diversity stuff whereby they argue that a more "diverse" workplace is advantageous since it brings candidates from a "wide variety of backgrounds" which will lead to many different points of view which is good. I'm sure the executives at Yahoo argued like most HR personnel do in this area, that diversity never gets in the way of hiring the best, it's just one of many factors that are considered. Most often these people cite research from biased liberals without any merit who do faulty studies to show diversity helps. Basically what it's coming down to is that if you're a white guy or asian guy, you're going to have to kill it in school and come out on top if you want a shot at a top tech company, whereas if you're a chick or minority you have an edge.
They mix up diversity of ideas and experience with being a minority that thinks the same as every other liberal.

One actually has an impact ( i did research on what drives innovation back in bschool), the other is just like painting a car a different color.

Diversity in the tech world is "we want to hire a bunch of incompetents for less money than what someone competent would cost".

I turned down one job offer because it would have been working for an Indian woman. She was such a bitch who drove her employees to work lots of unpaid overtime that I knew I wouldn't stand for it. If your people are having to work long hours for an extended period of time, there is obviously a big problem and overall productivity will actually be lower.

They must have had a woman in charge of their email security protocols.

Completely not correlated to the decline of Yahoo and its imminent liquidation.

[Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (10-08-2016 04:22 PM)Enoch Wrote:  

They must have had a woman in charge of their email security protocols.

All the non-technical roles at these companies are stacked with women and minorities in order to reach diversity quotas, so this definitely wouldn't surprise me all that much.