rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having Issues W/ Lifestyle Change

Hey guys,

I'm unsure as to if this should be on the lifestyle section of the board or the game section--- I believe it applies to both.

I remember months ago reading a post by Hank Moody (I really enjoy his posts and resonate with them) talking about how his degenerate friends typically have more fun and pull more tail than his so called "successful" friends (in terms of wealth).

Ironically, I've been thinking the same things over the past few years while attending parties all the time and having a pretty low maintenance lifestyle where I could go chase tail and party without consequence. It's been fun and I've enjoyed it; but i've been offered a pretty big position with a salary that would result in a very large lifestyle change.

This is awesome news and i'm very excited; however, part of me feels like I will lose my edge or the fun i've had (success with women) and come off as a provider who works all day--- not the fun playboy I (used to be?) am now.

Deep down, I know this is a great move professionally and to grow as a person....

but my question is - - - How does one go about handling this sudden and dramatic increase in income and lifestyle but not be seen as the super responsible beta provider type?

I'll be in the public eye so I won't be able to get away with the shinanegans of yesteryear; so i'll be a completely new man...

This is not a humblebrag but a legitimate question to those who have made a transition like this - - - Perhaps it will be an overflowing positive?! I know i'm missing something...I'm most likely just nervous. I've just had so much fun being a degenerate... but I think it's time that Peter Pan grew up.

Sadly, I can't think of anyone (or anywhere) better suited to help address these issues than the fellas here at RVF.

No one can speak for you - it really depends on the kind of life you want to live. Does the lifestyle you desire actually require the increase in income that this new position will grant you?

Many of the "degenerates" you mention via Hank's stories likely live a low-maintenance lifestyle and are perfectly content making a few buck bartending, living in an unimpressive studio apartment, and just banging girls in their local city. If you have bigger aspirations then you may need bigger income.

That said, what you do for work does not need to broadcast in your off hours. Just because you make a lot of money doesn't automatically mean women see "beta provider" unless that is the vibe you give off. You could be rich as fuck and still live like the Big Lebowski in a shitty small apartment slinking around in flipflops, shorts, and a bathrobe driving a 1986 Lebaron if you want.

How you make your money does not need to define you. Furthermore, the amount of money you make does not need to define you. All these things are in your control.

Leo

If you aren't a provider type at this point in your life, you won't come off as one. That's irregardless of salary (trolling with a word, I know).

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Your vibe wont change a whole lot when you go out since your personality is ingrained into you by now. The bigger problem you'll face is that as you start making more money, you'll be working harder, likely with more stress along with longer hours. This means that you'll end up with less time and energy to go out. Especially as you get older. You'll find this to be the bigger problem and not so much your game and your overall vibe. It's by far my biggest problem (well my age is a factor too).

Quote: (10-07-2016 01:21 PM)Cruisen_Chubby Wrote:  

but my question is - - - How does one go about handling this sudden and dramatic increase in income and lifestyle but not be seen as the super responsible beta provider type?

I'm not answering your real question/issue - which is about "being seen" by others.

I can tell you my practical solution which I started this year.

I have my direct deposit going into 2 accounts.

I live like I'm broke.

Occasionally I see what the other account is doing, but I stay pretty humble with my expenditures.

WIA

Thanks guys--- appreciate it.