rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women's strike planned throughout Poland against anti-abortion laws

Quote:Quote:

Women to go on strike in Poland in protest at planned abortion law

Proposed ban would criminalise all terminations with women punishable by up to five years in prison

Thousands of women are expected to go on strike across Poland in protest against a new law that would effectively ban abortion.

Poland already has some of the most restrictive abortion laws in Europe, with terminations legally permitted only when the life of the foetus is under threat, when there is a grave threat to the health of the mother, and in the instance that the pregnancy resulted from rape or incest.

Were the proposed ban to be enacted, all terminations would be criminalised, with women punishable with up to five years in prison. Doctors found to have assisted with a termination would also be liable for prosecution and a prison term.

Critics say that would mean that even a woman who suffers a miscarriage could be under criminal suspicion, and that doctors might be put off conducting even routine procedures on pregnant women for fear of being accused of facilitating a termination.

Although a ban has received public support from elements of the Catholic church and Poland’s ruling rightwing Law and Justice party (PiS), neither initiated the proposals. They were drafted by hardline conservative advocacy group Ordo Iuris and submitted by the Stop Abortion coalition as a “citizens’ initiative” – a petition considered by parliament once it has received more than 100,000 signatures.

When on 23 September the Polish parliament voted for Stop Abortion’s proposals to be scrutinised by a parliamentary committee, pro-choice activists responded by calling a nationwide strike, or “national absence campaign”, by women, encouraging them to take a day off work and domestic tasks and gather for meetings or demonstrations, to donate blood or do charity work.

Poland's rule of law under systematic threat, says EU executive
Read more
Many Polish women say they are sick of deals being cut over their fundamental reproductive and human rights, which they argue threaten both their safety and their dignity.

“A lot of women and girls in this country have felt that they don’t have any power, that they are not equal, that they don’t have the right to an opinion,” said Magda Staroszczyk, a strike co-ordinator. “This is a chance for us to be seen, and to be heard.”

Monday’s protest was inspired by an all-out strike more than 40 years ago by the women of Iceland, when 90% of women refused to work, cook, or look after their children for a day in October 1975.

Organisers cite an assault on women’s reproductive rights that goes beyond the measures contained in Stop Abortion’s proposed ban. A separate, PiS-sponsored bill restricting IVF (in vitro fertilisation), which would make it illegal to freeze embryos and allow women to fertilise only one embryo at a time, was also passed to the parliamentary committee stage in September.

The Polish Federation of Pro-Life Movements, with the support of an MP from a rightwing parliamentary faction associated with Law and Justice, has called for a total ban of the morning-after pill. Under the proposals, anyone caught selling or distributing emergency contraception could be imprisoned for up to two years.

But it is the perceived cruelty of the proposed abortion ban that has united what has long been a relatively marginal feminist movement with many self-identified Roman Catholics and those who support the existing “compromise” – shorthand for the legislation passed in 1993 that regulates abortion to this day.

“One thing that I think really radicalised women is when they understood that this could lead to incarceration for women who had miscarriages,” says Agnieszka Graff, a commentator, activist, and author of World without Women: Gender in Polish Public Life.

Thousands protest against proposed stricter abortion law in Poland
Read more
According to a poll for Newsweek Polska, 74% of Poles support the retention of the existing legislation, while research by polling company Ipsos indicates 50% of Poles support the strike, with 15% saying they would like to take part. A further 15% expressed opposition.

“My mother is very Catholic, goes to church every Sunday, and is against abortion just because you might not want the child,” says Małgorzata Łodyga, a junior doctor who supports the strike. “But she is against this law, because if a woman is raped, she will be treated worse than the man who raped her.”

The intensity of the so-called “black protests” has proved tricky for Law and Justice, which presents itself as the guardian of traditional values in a country beset by liberal notions of multiculturalism, relaxed social mores and restrictive political correctness, but which remains mindful of the risks of alienating mainstream public opinion.

The party’s leader, Jarosław Kaczyński, has suggested that the government might accept a compromise whereby terminations carried out because of a congenital disorder of the foetus would be banned, but terminations of pregnancies as a result of rape or incest would still be permitted.

Just how far should the state go in curtailing female agency over her own body, anyway? As red pill as you can be, I think a lot of us believe that the state's role in policing sexuality should only go so far.

From personal observation and as mentioned in the article's comments, contraceptives are freely available in Poland. I wonder if there'll be any restrictions in its sale in the wake of this legislation.

^ Just been seeing some photos on instagram from Warsaw old town, a few friends are attending. Currently chatting to a few of them asking for details and clarification on what's actually going on.

Looks like a big turn-out under the rain.

Would they be able and perform it in Germany or Slovakia and get away with it, let's say, should the legislation be passed ?

[Image: absolut-kurwa-3756633.png]

I've just been talking to some of the forum lads here in krakow about this and we're of the opinion this proposed law goes too far. Like even when someone gets raped and stuff. Plus, they're apparently thinking about banning birth control - so that affects men too.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

My first question when I read about this earlier today was, "what are the current laws?"

I don't speak Polish, so the closest thing I could find was from BBC UK. No need to click on BBC link, but this is where I got the info so I'm posting it for reference.

Abortion is already mostly banned in Poland.

The current exceptions are:

where the woman's life is in danger
where there is a risk of serious and irreversible damage to the foetus
where the pregnancy is as a result of rape or incest - this must be confirmed by a prosecutor

The whole "my body, my choice" argument aside, if this information is accurate, it seems like this is a pretty good compromise for a polarizing issue. Further regulations seem unnecessary.

Looks like Poland wants to embrace the stupidity of the Irish. Just because you ban it does not mean women will stop doing it and there will be plenty of people waiting to take advantage, both legal and illegally.

Looks like they're desperate for native population growth and not afraid to step on toes to get it going.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Law & Justice got elected on a platform that included tightening restrictions on abortion. That promise is one of the ways they locked in the Catholic vote.

They're carrying their promise out and of course the leftists in cities (not in villages) are going crazy after being organized by leftist parties like Razem, which is sponsored by--yup---George Soros (http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/...overnment/ ). So these girls are either sluts who want abortion-on-demand (prime pickup opportunity) or naive individuals who don't know that they are protesting in order to help a billionaire Jew increase his power in Poland.

While I don't have a stake in making all abortion illegal, these protests are about the right to kill babies because you were "raped", the definition of which, as we know, can include all manner of consensual sex. It's just one step of many that Soros has to destabilize Polish culture along the same path as other Western European nations.

Poland is by no means rich, but money is coming into the country and protests like this show that people are getting comfortable. Poland has a strongly nationalist base, but nothing strongly traditional, meaning that in the long run, social justice ideas will creep in.

Quote: (10-03-2016 12:41 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Looks like they're desperate for native population growth and not afraid to step on toes to get it going.
Because EU membership has reduced their effective population.

This is the problem with the EU. There is so much financial iniquity, that the poorer countries lose lots of hard working and talented people, keeping the poor country poor.

Women striking?

Sounds like productivity is about to go up.

This is pure provocation. Soros is playing both sides of the conflict. He finds that there is an insufficient amount of feminism in Poland so he is stoking the flames of feminist angst by having the government introduce absurd abortion law.

This is exactly the same formula used in the USA where the police are turned into over-militarized goons and the blacks are fired up with militancy.

Soros is a vulture who feeds off the corpses created by war. He loves conflict and he is provoking it. The feminists will gain momentum and the cultural resiliency of Poland will be eroded. Then it will be easier to inundate the country with third-world savages. Soros' formula is easy to see now.

The fact that the Catholic Church is complicit in the government side of promoting this ridiculous law is shameful. The Catholic Church is dead.

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president."

- Ann Coulter

Team ∞D Chess

Women on strike? Little of value will be lost.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

I don't understand why mess with it, current law was good, sometimes the ruling party goes too far. At least the last few shit storms helped to distinguish real Poles from anti-Polish scum. I'd say that at least 30-40% of Polish citizens aren't real Poles.

Zdarzyło mi się pokonać armię ciemności albo dwie.

Quote: (10-03-2016 12:58 PM)Ghost Tiger Wrote:  

This is pure provocation. Soros is playing both sides of the conflict. He finds that there is an insufficient amount of feminism in Poland so he is stoking the flames of feminist angst by having the government introduce absurd abortion law.

This is exactly the same formula used in the USA where the police are turned into over-militarized goons and the blacks are fired up with militancy.

Soros is a vulture who feeds off the corpses created by war. He loves conflict and he is provoking it. The feminists will gain momentum and the cultural resiliency of Poland will be eroded. Then it will be easier to inundate the country with third-world savages. Soros' formula is easy to see now.

The fact that the Catholic Church is complicit in the government side of promoting this ridiculous law is shameful. The Catholic Church is dead.

Do you have a link to how Soros is financing Law & Justice?

Quote: (10-03-2016 11:52 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

I've just been talking to some of the forum lads here in krakow about this and we're of the opinion this proposed law goes too far. Like even when someone gets raped and stuff. Plus, they're apparently thinking about banning birth control - so that affects men too.

That would increase their market value. Betas would again be the pillars that hold up the roof of families.

Quote: (10-03-2016 02:23 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (10-03-2016 12:58 PM)Ghost Tiger Wrote:  

He funds the campaigns of the establishment politicians (and the Catholic Church). His tentacles have been all over both Bush administrations, the Bill Clinton administration, and Obola is clearly his personal dancing monkey. The Feds obviously influence police policy all over the USA. Matt Forney just posted a link on Gab.ai about how the leftists are pushing to nationalize police forces. Here in Canada, the Ontario Provincial Police union actually interfered with the last provincial election by attacking the Progressive Conservative candidate (Tim Hudak) and endorsing the Liberal candidate (feral lesbian Kathleen Wynne).

Every time I bring up the fact that the police are over-militarized on this forum, I get criticized by members who claim to be cops. The same thing happens to Vox Day on his blog. You know you're over the target when you start taking flak. They don't like having this policy of over-militarization criticized because they know it's wrong.

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president."

- Ann Coulter

Team ∞D Chess

There are also anti-abortion counterprotests taking place in Poland, wearing white in contrast to the pro-abortion campaigners wearing black.

[Image: 91497444_howcanwe.png]

WB

HSLD

^

If we agree that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?

Quote: (10-03-2016 02:23 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Now that's a long shot. One has to be suspicious of everything these days but I'm almost certain this is a dead end.

Quote: (10-03-2016 12:09 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Looks like Poland wants to embrace the stupidity of the Irish. Just because you ban it does not mean women will stop doing it and there will be plenty of people waiting to take advantage, both legal and illegally.

Yes, this #RepealtheEight carryon is the cause du jour in Ireland among feminine men and fat unattractive women
On the face of it, you could argue that they have a point, in that they want to bring in something equivalent to what Poland has now.
What's striking though is the sheer narcissism of those agitating for this change.
Zero empathy for the future child, it's all about the woman, nobody else matters to them.
You just know that anyone posessing of such immoral character is unworthy of your trust.
Therefore even though part of me agrees that this law is somewhat unjust to women who've genuinely been victims of rape or incest, the sheer unpleasantness and lack of any moral virtue shown by those in support of this #RepealtheEight movement, means there's no way in hell I could support them.

Relevant:

Decreței (from the Romanian language word decret, meaning "decree"; diminutive decrețel) are Romanians born in the late 1960s and 1970s, shortly after the communist regime of Nicolae Ceaușescu issued Decree 770, aimed at the creation of a new and large Romanian population by restricting abortion and contraception.

Romanian revolution

In their book Freakonomics, authors Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner make the argument that children that are born after their mothers are refused an abortion are much more likely to commit crimes or refuse to recognize authority when they reach adulthood. They further argue that the Decreței are exactly the same people who spearheaded the effort to violently overthrow Ceaușescu's regime in 1989. In that year, the oldest Decreței would have been 22 years old, in the general age range of most revolutionaries. Levitt and Dubner note that Romania was the only east-European communist country with strict anti-abortion and anti-contraception laws at the time, and also the only country whose ruler was violently overthrown and killed at the end of the Cold War. Most other such countries experienced a tumultuous, but peaceful, transition. There were however other aspects of totalitarian rule that would promote violent reaction instead of peaceful transition, including a lack of associational life and legal gatherings, a more extensive system of informants and special police than any state other than East Germany, and a cult of personality built up around the supreme leader. The actual violence of the revolution can be attributed to divisions among the ruling and military/secret police and the vacuum of power that resulted. Revolutions are often observed to come in waves and it is likely that Romania would have experienced it no matter its demographic situation.

The writers of Freakonomics theorize that Ceaușescu banning abortion led to his own death in the revolution mounted by the very orphans that he created.

Interesting theory... not sure if I buy it but I thought it was worth bringing to the discussion.

- Ann Coulter

Team ∞D Chess

I arrived for the productivity jokes and was not disappointed, but it made me wonder.

How telling is it going to be when productivity is marginally affected at worst and the men of that nation are given pause to think how much of the workload they bear versus the number of women who get paid to do little to nothing at all.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

That new law is clearly completely unreasonable, especially given the current laws which are basically the perfect balance.

I assume there is something else afoot. Perhaps the intention is just to keep pressure in that direction to help cancel out any leftism pulling in the other direction.

The theory that its a false flag agitation to start the pendulum swinging is also believable.

It's not a false flag operation, it's a belief that Law&Justice had for many years prior, they're deeply catholic almost to a point of being orthodox and they just can't help not to push things that way. Their attitude towards Russia is similarly antagonistic, a mistake if you ask me but that's how it goes.

Delete.

Let them strike. More jobs for men.

I'm the King of Beijing!