rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fitness Clothing Brand Lorna Jane Attacked For Not Stocking Clothes For Fat People

Fitness Clothing Brand Lorna Jane Attacked For Not Stocking Clothes For Fat People

Here's the author of the piece:

[Image: UI048Xe.jpg]

I am not interested in ad hominems, but rest assured she is actually fatter than this pic suggests. It's funny how fat girls can scream "Fat acceptance!" but do almost anything to slim themselves down in digital representations of themselves.

Quote:Quote:

I love leggings. In fact, I love all clothing that makes me feel like I'm wearing pyjamas. My wardrobe would be full of leggings, jumpers and cardigans if I had it my way (if you try to talk to me about the "leggings aren't pants" rule, I will studiously ignore you) – but unfortunately, there's a few things stopping me.

This isn't the first time Lorna Jane has been pulled up for discriminating against certain body sizes and shapes and coveting others. Last year, she faced controversy over a job advertisement for a receptionist that detailed the body measurements the applicant should have, equating to a size 10 at most. [My comment: It's a fitness clothing company, numbnuts!] A few months later, a former employee sued the company for constant bullying.

But hey, it's not just Lorna Jane that is committing this lazy, discriminatory transgression. [Um, who's lazy, sweetheart?] It's the majority of Australian independent retailers, it's a huge chunk of online stores, it's high-end fashion designers.

Personally, I'm going to take my money and my fat ass and shop elsewhere.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-and...rrepl.html

It's a fucking fitness clothing brand. The mind boggles at the stupidity of individuals like her.

People like her are making careers out of self-victimizing when the time they spend writing these pieces (and contributing to an obesity epidemic that might see a generation of kids die younger than their parents) could be spent actually exercising.

Presuming Lorna Jane went full SJW and started stocking XXL and above, wouldn't these same girls be demanding they get fat models, too?

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

This is like going to a Chinese Restaurant and complaining that they wont make you a pizza.

Or in her case 4 pizzas.

Quote: (09-29-2016 09:20 PM)david.garrett84 Wrote:  

Maggie Gyllenhaal has really let herself go.

Quote: (09-29-2016 10:40 PM)pialox Wrote:  

This is like going to a Chinese Restaurant and complaining that they wont make you a pizza.

Or in her case 4 pizzas.

[Image: potd.gif]

I'm the King of Beijing!

I remember they got on the CEO of Abercrombie's case for the same thing a few years back.

He said his clothes were marketed for young, hip and in-shape people as evidenced by the in-store posters bearing their models. It was clear he didn't want obese overweight people wearing his company's clothing.

It seemed that he was sticking to his guns during the fiasco, but I don't recall if he ended up caving in and apologizing or not. I really hope he didn't, but I didn't keep up with the news story.

Its funny because the whole A&F incident reminded me of just how different my mindset is to that of a fat broad. The very first time I ever walked into an Abercrombie store I was a pencil-thin 16 year old, no exposure to the red pill or anything. I remember looking up at the posters of the ripped male models on the wall and thinking "I'm going to do whatever it takes to look like that guy".

Fast forward a few years of dedicated exercise later to my early twenties, I ended up walking into a A&F once more with a girl I was dating at the time, I glanced up at the posters for a second time and remarked to myself how underweight some of the guys looked in comparison to me. I could have just bitched and whined and wrote a faggy article about how they need to stop putting ripped, good-looking guys on their posters, but instead I was inspired to put the work in and eat better so I could match or even surpass them.

Jesus Christ these fat broads are out of their minds with this shit.

[Image: 63149582.jpg]

Its not 'plus size'. There's obese or fat. Why should there be fat models? Isn't that unhealthy? Why would someone aspire to be fat and look for fat role models? Women shouldn't be overweight by like 80 pounds and be proud of it and feel all part of some inclusive and body positive movement. Its as if they are so 'privileged' that they have to rationalize themselves into being considered discriminated against or oppressed. Absolute crap.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Fiat Jiustitia, et pereat mundus
They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.

[Image: fat-pole-dancer-gif.gif]

It looks like Michael Moore has lost some weight.

Quote: (09-29-2016 10:40 PM)pialox Wrote:  

Or in her case 4 pizzas.

Be careful what you order.

[Image: picvdG0cl.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

[Image: 5HK46m.gif]

Since when is it unethical for a business to sell products that aren't for everyone? In a capitalist society, there are always people out there willing to take your money and cater to your own personal tastes/needs; who gives a flying fuck if a particular brand isn't one of them?

Quote: (09-29-2016 11:15 PM)Delta Wrote:  

Since when is it unethical for a business to sell products that aren't for everyone?

When it hurts a fatty's feelings.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I am not interested in ad hominems, but rest assured she is actually fatter than this pic suggests. It's funny how fat girls can scream "Fat acceptance!" but do almost anything to slim themselves down in digital representations of themselves.

Except not get the pic taken within 5 metres of a kitchen.

Lorna Jane has been shitlording for a while now, come to think of it. About a year or 2 ago the media were up her for advertising for staff who had to be a certain size & look etc. Basically, she only hires hotties that can wear the clothing she makes & show it off well to the world, & as a perk these vacuous office drones get to 'model' her clothes. It's straight out of Trumps playbook (and therefore high energy & winning!) & really upsets the SJWs. Lorna Jane is the ozzie Protein World. God bless her.

There is a reason for this, brands need to build an image, that image is attached of the market they try to sell, Toyota and Lexus are owned by the same people but Toyota carter to the affordable middle and lower class family while Lexus target Middle upper class families.

Clothes brands do the same, some brands will prohibit certain celebrities from wearing their clothes if they see it does not go with the idea of the image they try to sell, big clothes companies have clothes Locked in safes like banks have money for big events red carpets like The Oscars, the people pay high price for the exclusivity and being the first to wear something.

Lululemon was in troubles years ago when when they did not make yoga pants for fat women.

Fitness clothes want to be associate with the image of health and activity, which is why they make size for women who even if they do not do yoga they sell the image of health and fitness. Is counter productive to make yoga pants for fat women because the brands will be associate with fat, laziness and gluttony.

If you see a slender girl sitting in a park sweating in yoga pants with a bottle in her hand you assume she just comes from the gym and is taking a break, but if you see a fat woman sitting in the park sweating in yoga pants with a bottle in her hand you assume she ran out of breath because she is not used to walk outside very often.

Fatty could start her own fitness clothing chain to cater to the woefully under-served fatty fitness market and make a million bucks, but fatty wont because fatty is a fat fatty who can't do much more than run her fat fingers over a custom oversized keyboard.

I think fatties trying to reach for the brass ring of pitied minority is a big laugh. I don't know of any minority that views them with anything other than casual disgust. Only the most omni-spectrum social justice warriors take them seriously, and even the most politically correct people I know have zero tolerance when fatties trot out the old "I don't fit in airplane seats waaah" article. The response is always the same.

"Diet and exercise you fat fuck".

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

To add, given the negative media attention Lorna Jane has had from the past couple of years that the brand has become somewhat of a status symbol amongst females. The controversy I alluded to above was well documented (you can look it up) and I would wager it has only benefited the company, & Lorna herself by ticking off the fatties & their SJW enablers. They're still here after all.

From our perspective it's important to note that for the 51%, it would by now have become a badge of pride for fit hotties (& their admirers) to get about in LJ gear (as we all know women dress themselves much more for their female critics than male) while the fat, or the 'wishing-to-let-themselves-go' fat intended would cry foul & discrimination.

In other words, fantastic news!

She adores Lindy West, no surprise there.

Also, like West, complains about airline seats being discriminatory:

https://twitter.com/chloepapas/status/76...5408491520

Experiences of being shut out by the fashion world, of struggling to fit your arse into aeroplane seats, of learning to count calories. Of knowing shame and sadness and embarrassment through no fault of your own.

https://killyourdarlings.com.au/2016/08/...ts-shrill/

Learning to count calories, like everyone who takes their weight and exercise training seriously, is some serious discrimination, Chloe.

If you have a unfixable medical issue, that's one thing. But expecting airlines to accommodate your self-chosen obesity when the aircraft uses less fuel for a lighter load and more seats equals more money is the sob story of the decade.

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

I've never seen someone feel sorry for a fatass having trouble fitting into an airline seat.

I have seen considerable sympathy and heard many muttered comments commiserating the fate of the poor bastards unlucky enough to be placed next to them.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (09-30-2016 04:30 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

I've never seen someone feel sorry for a fatass having trouble fitting into an airline seat.

I have seen considerable sympathy and heard many muttered comments commiserating the fate of the poor bastards unlucky enough to be placed next to them.

Fat Lives Matter

[Image: funny-black-guy-fat-man-sleeping-plane.jpg]

Quote: (09-30-2016 04:47 AM)david.garrett84 Wrote:  

[Image: funny-black-guy-fat-man-sleeping-plane.jpg]

WB cutie in the back row.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Uh, what?

Money is always a factor when it comes to buying anything good quality, and personally I'm pretty picky with patterns and colours. But the biggest barrier to fulfilling my wardrobe dream is the simple fact that very few retailers want to cater to my body type.

Personally, I'm going to take my money and my fat ass and shop elsewhere.

um....No....shit? You will go somewhere else because they dont have your size?

[Image: whoa.gif]

Lorna Jane Clarkson, founder of activewear brand Lorna Jane.

WB
[Image: 1475191231239.jpg]

[Image: e9a6c98d-6213-426b-b69a-19250fb999c3_McC...lright.gif]

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

What mental illness makes people think they're not responsible for their life? For someone who has been through a bit in life, I can't understand these people on any familiar level.

Bro tip here fatty: Nothing stops you but you. I've seen introverted people run the rule over people considered 'better'. Hell, the greatest drug lords were introverted.

I could bet she's married to a beta wimp with no better choices.

[Image: 5175300410_9c162996e2_z.jpg]

Why can't she just shop at the same store? Guess "I wear elephant clothes" doesn't have the same ring to it as "I wear fitness clothes".

Here's the previous controversy I was referring to earlier...

Major League shitlording from LJ

Former Lorna Jane workers say 'hideous bullying' is rife at fashion brand... and staff are not allowed to speak to the fitness queen boss unless they are 'spoken to first'

*Former staff say senior employees at Lorna Jane used standover tactics
*Workers also claim they lost weight due to stress from their jobs
*It comes after brand was ridiculed over job ad for receptionist/fit model
*Ad called for employee who was over 165cm tall with 87-90cm bust
*Some on social media ridiculed the ad for asking for a model receptionist

[Image: 2A43B65200000578-0-image-a-24_1436166823186.jpg]

Former employees at Australian fitness brand Lorna Jane claim they were forced to endure a 'hideous bullying' culture and weren't allowed to talk to the founder unless she spoke to them first.

Some ex-staff say senior employees at the company used standover tactics and workers complained of losing weight due to stress, the Courier Mail reports.

'We were told to wait until she spoke to us first, I was so happy to have the job at first I just did as I was told,' one ex-employer told the newspaper.

'There was a lot of bullying, I left there a nervous wreck,' another woman said. 'I saw three managers come and go in two years for similar reasons.'

It comes after Ms Clarkson was forced to defend the Lorna Jane brand this week after backlash from an advertisement that called for a receptionist/fit model who has a 90cm bust.

'The receptionist/fit model is full time with your work week split between receptionist duties and assisting our design team with fittings of new garments,' the ad said.

'In order to accurately provide feedback on Lorna Jane products in a size small you must have the following measurements,' it continues – specifying an 87-90cm bust, height of more than 165cm, waist of 70-73cm and 97-100cm hips, at their widest point.'

[Image: 2A43A0BC00000578-0-image-m-8_1436166684051.jpg]

Ms Clarkson said Lorna Jane employees came in 'all shapes and sizes', but ex-employees told the Courier Mail that simply wasn't true.

'They have hired a couple of bigger girls here and there but very, very rarely,' an ex-manager said.

'The only reason I believe they ever hired bigger girls was because they didn't receive the interest from smaller ones and that's because they didn't treat them well enough.'

The advertisement was taken down shortly after the social media backlash started, but the company said it was only because they had already received too many applicants. [Image: lol.gif]

The ad divided social media, with some offended Lorna Jane were giving a size requirement for their receptionist.

'Follow the Lorna Jane method to ensure you'll only have hot young girls working as your receptionist #innovation,' one person tweeted.

'Hey @LornaJaneActive. What a shame it would be if a talented and experienced receptionist with great work ethic was only 164cm tall,' another wrote.

[Image: 2A43A49B00000578-3150657-image-a-34_1436167651403.jpg]
Suck it up, fatties!

But others thought the fitness brand's demands were reasonable.

'There is nothing wrong with that @LornaJaneActive job ad. It quite clearly says half the duties are as a fitness model. What do you expect?' one tweeted. 'LJ are seeking something/someone in particular. If you're offended by their requirements it says more about you then them.'

As well as giving feedback on the activewear's small sizes, the advertisement said the winning applicant must have strong administration skills, a professional phone manner and be able to 'multi-task.'

The ad promised the opportunity for a woman to join the 'Lorna Jane sisterhood' which it says 'isn't just a global activewear brand, it is an exhilarating way of life.'

The ad also says Lorna Jane 'strive to empower women to be the best they can be.'

[Image: 2A43A0BC00000578-0-image-m-27_1436166858333.jpg]

The moral of this story? Well, as Ms Lorna Jane puts it herself...

[Image: BSBwpbL.jpg]

Further investigation reveals this image of the decrepit, post-wall, whinging fatty...

[Image: 1ab4e26f5f8ea14b9a8d63980078c9af]

...who decided to sue.

A FORMER Lorna Jane employee is suing the popular gymwear brand over claims management tried to cover up the bullying she suffered about her weight from other staff.

One-time store manager Amy Robinson filed the legal claim against the fitness retailer in Brisbane on Tuesday.

Ms Robinson alleges she was bullied, harassed and demeaned during her six-month stint with the company.

It’s understood she is seeking more than $500,000 for pain and suffering.

“Amy was picked on because of her weight and frequently endured offensive and demeaning remarks,” Shine Lawyers’ Kimberley Allen told AAP.

“Not only did management ignore the bullying and allow Amy’s suffering to be prolonged, we allege that they actively covered it up.”

Ms Allen said Ms Robinson had been under an unacceptable amount of pressure and forced to work long hours in an understaffed store.
The mother-of-three started work at the Brisbane Airport DFO store in July 2012.

During her interview and induction, Ms Robinson was allegedly repeatedly quizzed about her general health and exercise regimen to make sure she fit the “move, nourish, believe” mantra.

“I don’t think there were many girls who were over a size 10 and they were all young and attractive, with many working as models on the side,” Ms Robinson told The Courier Mail.

She was a size 14 but said her superiors often commented on her appearance.

“I’m a mum with kids, and a senior staff member would constantly suggest I skip lunch, or make offhand comments about my lifestyle choices,” Ms Robinson said.

“(Some staff) would often skip meals and live on coffee, and (they) tried to encourage us to do the same thing.

“We were meant to be nourishing our bodies but we were never allowed to do that.”

For their part, Lorna Jane has stridently rejected Ms Robinson’s claims.

“Lorna Jane vehemently denies the allegations made by Amy Robinson,” Lorna Jane spokeswoman Belinda Zordan said.

“As much as we would like to comment further to defend the allegations, as the matter is before the courts, unfortunately we are unable to do so.”

Ms Zordan said the company had never been the subject of any legal claims during its 26-year operation.

Nevertheless, it’s an unfortunate headline for the brand after controversy about their recruitment processes became news earlier this year.

The company had advertised online for a “receptionist/fit model” to complete administrative duties as well as help the design team fit garments by falling within stipulated bust, waist, hip and height measurements.

This provoked an angry reaction from online readers, with some accusing the fitness guru of undermining confidence in diverse, yet healthy, female bodies.

[Image: 2A43B65600000578-0-image-a-15_1436166735322.jpg]
Lorna's response? Come at me!

Lorna Jane has said it “vehemently denies all allegations made by Ms Robinson and will fearlessly defend this matter”, but said in a statement it is limited in what it can say about the allegations as the matter is before the courts.

However, the brand also appealed to its 1.1 million Facebook fans with a post last night using the hashtag #TellTheTruth.

“We proudly employ more than 1300 women across Australia and pride ourselves on the positive culture within out business,” Lorna Jane said in the now-deleted Facebook post.

“We believe the claims that are being made are grandstanding on the claimant’s behalf and Shine Lawyers. We are very disappointed by what has been reported by the media, as this does not reflect the actual claim being made which relates to a workplace injury and direct management of the claimant, in which Lorna Jane acted swiftly when the business was notified.

“Lorna Jane is an Australian company that has worked hard for 26 years to empower women and build a brand and working environment that provides progressive career paths, innovative mentorship and a positive culture that has forged one of Australia’s most successful fashion brands.”

Several Facebook users have left comments on the post sharing their positive experiences with the brand, including a number of current employees and customers.

However, at least 30 commenters accused Lorna Jane of being a bully by attempting to start a hashtag campaign on social media over the claims.

“It’s a bit disconcerting, regardless of the situation, that Lorna Jane as a very large company is using their existing public platforms to start a hashtag campaign against an individual,” said one commenter.

“Even if you do reject the claims being made, this post reeks of rallying the troops to help bully someone.”

“Starting a hashtag campaign and airing your legal issues on social media is embarrassing, and it’s bullying,” said another.

“#tellthetruth social media fail! This goes completely against what you have portrayed yourself as Lorna Jane. Using this platform to rally support against one women is hardly empowering women! Hey let’s all use our brand to go against one person … so sad. That’s me telling the truth,” another user wrote.

Other commenters said they will stop shopping at Lorna Jane because of the Facebook post.

“Whoever is right or wrong #tellthetruth is bullying in itself! I won’t be shopping at Lorna Jane anymore regardless of it she is lying or not because of this! Really terrible and poor form!” one person said.

“How about #stayprofessional Lorna Jane, this is a massive fail not to mention totally unnecessary,” wrote another.

Lorna Jane removed the post earlier this morning, saying the #TellTheTruth hashtag “was aimed at the media to tell the truth and facts about the case, not an individual”.

“We are confident that the truth and facts will prevail in due course. Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support,” the company said.

Lorna Jane public relations manager Belinda Zordan reiterated that the hashtag was not directed at Robinson personally, telling SmartCompany this morning it was “aimed to encourage truth from all parties in these claims”.

“Lorna Jane remains unapologetic for encouraging people to be honest and remain confident that the truth will prevail,” Zordan says.

“The hashtag (#tellthetruth) uploaded by Lorna Jane via Facebook last night is reiterating that the allegations made by Amy Robinson are entirely untrue.”