rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When a girl insist on a movie date.

On thursday I had an instadate with a girl I met on the bus. She was a 20 y/o small town girl who just arrived to the city. She started kind of being very cold but at the end of the date she was al lovey dovey, leaning on me, grabbing my arm, telling me sweet things, etc. I didn't try to kiss her since I have noticed it works better for daygame leads to kiss them on the second date, or even to wait until they come to my place to have plausible deniability.

At the end of the date she asked me if I would like to go out on sunday, I was like sure why not. Then she suggested "I would really like to go to the movies with you" and I was like "I will se what we can do".

She then texted me yesterday telling me she would be close to the place we met (which is close to my home) so if I'm free we can do something. I couldn't because I had a shitload of work. We started making plans for today again.I suggested a drink date and she told me like "oh that sounds nice, but I would really like to go the movies"

There are two considerations that I put on this, first, she comes from a very very small town so I think it is normal that she wants to go to the movies since she has not a theater in her hometown (I googled it lol). I also noticed that girls are very passive agressive, for example if I invite a girl to drinks and she doesn't want to drink alone with me yet, there are usully three scenarios:
- she brings another girl.
- she tries to derail it proposing another date.
- she flakes.

In the end of the day I don't see such a huge problem with bringing her to the cinema, I'm just kind of surprised by the situation, the fact that she looked really into me but then refuses to go to something more personal. Anyway I get the "take me to watch a movie" a lot with 18-21 y/o girls so I'm curious if I'm the only one.

I suppose I will take her just to see how it goes, at least it is easier to escalate than in a coffee date I think.

If a girl insists on anything, don't even bother.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-18-2016 08:47 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Eh, I'm not so entirely pessimistic. I've gotten the lay from movie dates before; if she's a small town "traditional" girl it may just be what she's comfortable with. Just because a girl wants to go out for frozen yogurt at 4 PM doesn't mean she's not DTF, not at all.

I say go and do it and don't overthink it, whatever happens happens. Just make sure you have some followup logistics; you can always pitch the venue switch to a bar afterwards if it goes well.

I don't go to see movies in the theaters that often anyway, I don't mind having an excuse. At least I saw a movie.

I think you may have gotten a little jaded, Suits. I think game has to be adapted to the environment a bit. The tough-as-nails no nonsense approach may pay off big in urban China, but it might not be appropriate for say, small town American girls from outside Kansas City.

I dislike movie dates. Just tell her that you're not 12, and suggest something else.

If a girl is adamant on a movie date, I usually just say that "We can't really talk in the theatre. Let's go for a coffee instead." If she's a traditional girl, coffee will be fine. You can usually tell pretty quickly if she's interested, rather than wasting two hours at a movie theatre.

If a girl suggests a movie-theatre date, I usually squash that idea pretty fast.

Edit: I should specify. I'm fine with movie dates, just not for the first date.

Go if you want to go, don't if you don't. A lot of dudes forget the most important part of dating and life in general: looking out for number one.

From OP's post this is not a first date, it's a second date and it sounds like there was good chemistry and physical contact the first time. Go on the movie date but be sure to maintain that physical intimacy - put your arm around her, hand on her thigh, and so on. Then try to bounce to a bar or your place after the movie to "talk more".

Is she socially awkward in general?

You've been reading too many posts from too many Neanderthals in these forums about alpha and shit. Just find a movie you like and go see it with her for fuck sake. Movie dates are nice as long as you take her to dinner first or for drinks where you can talk. You don't get to learn about someone during a movie.

You Cromagnons in these forums try to convince everyone that ever ceding to anything a girl ever wants is being beta. Sometimes, it's just being goddamn courteous and chivilarous, so stop giving your pissant advice to noobs. If she wants to see the new Star Wars and you do, too, then that's goddamn fine. You're both happy. If you hit it off, then you do, if not, then fuck it.

Quote: (09-18-2016 07:14 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

You've been reading too many posts from too many Neanderthals in these forums about alpha and shit. Just find a movie you like and go see it with her for fuck sake. Movie dates are nice as long as you take her to dinner first or for drinks where you can talk. You don't get to learn about someone during a movie.

You Cromagnons in these forums try to convince everyone that ever ceding to anything a girl ever wants is being beta. Sometimes, it's just being goddamn courteous and chivilarous, so stop giving your pissant advice to noobs.

[Image: ohshit.gif]

[Image: popcorn3.gif]

You Cromagnons in these forums try to convince everyone that ever ceding to anything a girl ever wants is being beta. Sometimes, it's just being goddamn courteous and chivilarous, so stop giving your pissant advice to noobs. If she wants to see the new Star Wars and you do, too, then that's goddamn fine. You're both happy. If you hit it off, then you do, if not, then fuck it.

What the fuck is this bullshit, dude? [Image: lol.gif]

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Movie dates.

[Image: 1320397225_no_thanks_gag.jpg]

Quote: (09-18-2016 08:47 AM)Suits Wrote:  

[Image: imagesCookie-Cutter-French-FriesACE8Post...e-Week.jpg]

Wait I'm confused. Which is it?

[Image: 1505227.main_image.jpg]

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Quote: (09-18-2016 09:53 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Wait I'm confused. Which one which is it?

You know damn well what I mean. Sometimes it's ok to go see the same movie you already want to see.

But the apes in here turn in into "She's trying to manipulate me!"

Fuck off. Just see the movie she wants to see if you like the movie. Don't be a fucking ape.

You wanna be alpha? I'm alpha. I'm an infantry Marine. I'm as alpha as it gets. But that means I have nothing to prove as you. I'm already alpha and the girl knows it. I don't have to play headgames about what movie we'll see because I'm alpha without being a mindless gorilla retard. I can graciously go see her movie without being beta. Perhaps you can't do that and you have to play your little Roosh mindtricks. And I guess that's fine. If you're that beta, then pull your mindtricks on her.

But I will be an alpha gentleman. And you'll just seem like an ape.

Quote: (09-18-2016 10:07 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

Quote: (09-18-2016 09:53 PM)robreke Wrote:  

Wait I'm confused. Which one which is it?

You know damn well what I mean. Sometimes it's ok to go see the same movie you already want to see.

Fuck off. Just see the movie she wants to see if you like the movie. Don't be a fucking ape.

You wanna be alpha? I'm alpha. I'm an infantry Marine. I'm as alpha as it gets. But that means I have nothing to prove as you. I'm already alpha and the girl knows it. I don't have to play headgames about what movie we'll see because I'm alpha without being a mindless gorilla retard. I can graciously go see her movie without being beta. Perhaps you can't do that and you have to play your little Roosh mindtricks. And I guess that's fine. If you're that beta, then pull your mindtricks on her.

[Image: uRILCZm.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Listen up gomer pyle, I respect the military, but just because you're in the army does not make you alpha.

You're clearly drunk right now, but anyways... We're not saying don't attend a movie. OP made it seem as if he prefered drinks. We're simply saying, if you don't want to go, don't go. I, nor others, are not saying don't be chivalrous, but you have to be aware that dates set the tone for the rest of the relationship.

[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

[Image: Xyp9SeH.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-18-2016 10:19 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

Listen up gomer pyle, I respect the military, but just because you're in the army does not make you alpha.
Is this your little dig at the U.S. Marines? That we're army?

You win, man.

Quote: (09-18-2016 10:36 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

You win, man.

Exactly, you caught me. I have an agenda against the U.S. Marines, up here in Canada.

[Image: WS91U9p.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-18-2016 10:39 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

You win, man.

Exactly, you caught me. I have an agenda against the U.S. Marines, up here in Canada.

You're just America's hat.

I know the leaders of the UK, Australia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Mexico, Germany, France, and Russia. But I don't know the leader of Canada to save my life. You're not important, and no one cares about you.

Actually, that's why I always liked Canadians, because they never fuck with anyone. But you have changed my opinion. Congrats.

[Image: umFh7dA.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-18-2016 10:46 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

Quote: (09-18-2016 10:39 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

You win, man.

You're just America's hat.

I know the leaders of the UK, Australia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Mexico, Germany, France, and Russia. But I don't know the leader of Canada to save my life. You're not important, and no one cares about you.

Actually, that's why I always liked Canadians, because they never fuck with anyone. But you have changed my opinion. Congrats.

Beta.

Edit: Omega.

Quote: (09-18-2016 10:48 PM)Suits Wrote:  

[Image: umFh7dA.jpg]
Surely, as a proud Brit, you must understand the difference between your Royal Marines and your army? Or you're just sitting in your mom's house all these years and know nothing about the military?