rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Separate Nation for Car Haters

I wrote a letter to a weekly paper some years ago, and they actually published it. I'm going to propose the same idea here. Car haters should have their own separate country.

I'm not sure where the nation would be, but it would be perfect for car haters. They could outlaw cars and not have roads. They could spend all their time walking, bicycling, maybe skating, and skateboarding. It would be the car-free utopia that they dream of.

Best of all, we wouldn't have to put up with them any more. We could build adequate highways and be able to get around.

So, what do you all think? Should car haters have their own separate country? Would you love to see them go?

Would this country have traffic islands?

I've lived in a car-free utopia before. It was great. People were more social and in much better shape.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I'd totally live there. I don't have a car at the moment and wish life was more convenient for me.

It only works if fat chicks are either imprisoned to lose weight or expelled immediately to be replaced by young and slender ones.

Denmark despises cars and is probably the closest thing to a pure anti-car society in the world.

Yet, it ended up giving us this:

[Image: 158denmark.png]

Quote: (09-15-2016 12:41 AM)beta_plus Wrote:  

It only works if fat chicks are either imprisoned to lose weight or expelled immediately to be replaced by young and slender ones.

How's a fat chick going to stay fat in a world with no cars?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-15-2016 12:44 AM)Suits Wrote:  

The same way they do now, staying at home eating bon bons.

Does this country have transport for building materials, food, and other things or is it a no vehicle period policy?

It's called Old Europe, and I crave it like water.

Denmark. I read somewhere that they wanted to ban cars and make the whole place bike and public transit friendly.

The world would be a better place if they all went to their own little playpen and let the real workers do their own work.

You don't need a separate nation, we just need better cities:

A Traditional City Primer

http://andrewalexanderprice.com/blog20131204.php

Deus vult!

In New York City you are better off with no car.

Quote: (09-15-2016 01:55 AM)Glaucon Wrote:  

You don't need a separate nation, we just need better cities:

A Traditional City Primer

http://andrewalexanderprice.com/blog20131204.php

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting overview.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Ideally, every society should work toward the goal of increasing quality of life for people, regardless if they have vehicles or not.

In NYC one can live without a car. Driving across Brooklyn can take 2 hours, while the L train will take you there in less than 30.

I tried to live in Poland without a car, and it's a depressing, horrible experience. Public transportation is poor, and getting into bad situations because of it is an inevitable, almost weekly affair.

Is there anything more depressing than working hard, having your own business, and still being at the whim of broken trains/buses, crowded with human filth? After buying a car here, I don't think I could ever go back to that.

Quote: (09-15-2016 12:56 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Not without walking a mile to the grocery store first.

I'm the King of Beijing!

^^ A Beta orbiter from Tinder will be happy to go get groceries instead of her.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (09-15-2016 12:24 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I've lived in a car-free utopia before. It was great. People were more social and in much better shape.

Yeah, I remember when you guys used to tell us how great it was that you didn't have guns too.

That seems to be turning out well.

Quote: (09-15-2016 04:10 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2016 03:30 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2016 12:56 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Not without walking a mile to the grocery store first.
A Beta orbiter from Tinder will be happy to go get groceries instead of her.

Fatty now has to compete with women who aren't completely house-bound and have to walk to work/social activities/Chad Thundercock's house/etc.

Something tells me McFattsie is going to feel motivated to get off her ass.

Quote: (09-15-2016 04:30 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2016 12:24 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Yeah, I remember when you guys used to tell us how great it was that you didn't have guns too.

[Image: hflFgcm.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-15-2016 03:28 AM)AFS Wrote:  

Ideally, every society should work toward the goal of increasing quality of life for people, regardless if they have vehicles or not.

In NYC one can live without a car. Driving across Brooklyn can take 2 hours, while the L train will take you there in less than 30.

I tried to live in Poland without a car, and it's a depressing, horrible experience. Public transportation is poor, and getting into bad situations because of it is an inevitable, almost weekly affair.

Is there anything more depressing than working hard, having your own business, and still being at the whim of broken trains/buses, crowded with human filth? After buying a car here, I don't think I could ever go back to that.

Which city in Poland?

Id agree for the most part in some of the smaller cities ive been it is terrible without a car.

On the other hand I live in Wroclaw and it is probably the most pedestrian friendly city ive ever lived in, ever. Bike lanes everywhere, the center is pedestrian only (bar a few delivery vehicles in the morning) and the trams and buses pretty much cover the whole city.

Only problem is this hasnt stopped people from raping the shit out of car usage so air quality and traffic jams are still terrible, still I live a very comfortable life over here without a car, the most I have in any city Ive lived in in the UK.

Venice has no cars. Unfortunately it's dirty, expensive, and it stinks.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Nothing says badass like reading a bus schedule. Has any man ever been alpha while riding a subway or bicycle?

[Image: 0407i13.jpg]

[Image: Bullitt1117324049.jpg]

The only thing more alpha than an American muscle or European sports car is a horse.

[Image: 1443_TeddyR_LittleTexas_HR.jpg]

Quote: (09-15-2016 07:13 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

[Image: Bullitt1117324049.jpg]

The only thing more alpha than an American muscle or European sports car is a horse.

Whenever I see a man driving a sports car or muscle car in an excessive manner, I automatically assume that he has a small penis.

This goes for North America in addition to Asia.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-15-2016 03:28 AM)AFS Wrote:  

From my experience public transport in Poland is very good and never ever anything bad happened to me.
And if you donor blood for a few years it is also free.

Quote: (09-15-2016 07:39 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2016 07:13 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

-snip-

Whenever I see a man driving a sports car or muscle car in an excessive manner, I automatically assume that he has a small penis.

This goes for North America in addition to Asia.

[Image: rolleyes.gif]

[Image: troll.gif]

Suits on the way to the bar with his wingman. Just hop in the basket ladies, and prepare yourself for a night of passion.

[Image: 209-355-japan-suits-bike.jpg]

Quote: (09-15-2016 09:12 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

Suits on the way to the bar with his wingman. Just hop in the basket ladies, and prepare yourself for a night of passion.

[Image: 209-355-japan-suits-bike.jpg]

Since I'm not an Asian man and don't own a bicycle, the following image is a more accurate depiction of me getting from Point A to Point B.

[Image: ocean-drive-rental-motor-scooter-man-wom...b014k2.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!