rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook.com Now Requiring Photo ID Verification

There has been a lot of buzz recently on Facebook.com about requiring users to use their "real names." Last week I got a notification asking me to re-confirm my user name in Facebook.

I use my real first name but I do not wish to use my full name so I just put my first name twice. It accepted it and I went on about my business. Now today I was logged in browsing one of my managed pages and I get automatically logged off. I log back in and am redirected to this page:

[Image: attachment.jpg33354]   

Facebook is now requiring all users to upload official identification. This has crossed the line from friendly social media platform to outright identity tracking database.

I of course am not going to upload a photo of my driver's license or passport to Facebook.com. I did make a crude Microsoft Paint image with my face and text saying "my name is xxx xxx" as this landing page will not allow you to submit your name without at least one image uploaded (go figure).

I was hoping it would let me on my merry way but my image is "pending approval." So I will undoubtedly be denied user of Facebook.com. I have a nother account also with a fakename that will surely get flagged and removed as well.

So I guess this is officially goodbye to Facebook for me. Have any of you encountered this same issue? If so, are you bending to their new policy and giving them copies of your personal documents, or taking my road and giving them the finger?

Facebook is useful, but I've gotten through my first 22 years of life without using it. I just need to find another useful and convenient way to promote my business/art.

EDIT: Updated thread title

I don't use facebook anymore, but am curious about this development. Updates are appreciated.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

A couple more tidbits going through their FAQ:

[Image: attachment.jpg33355]   

Oh, I'm sure.

It's also nothing new that Facebook has been nagging users about verifying their ID with a phone number for a while now. I think they are also requiring that as well moving forward:

[Image: attachment.jpg33356]   

See more here:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/...nts-again/

I quit Facebook back in 2011 or so. One of the best decisions I've ever made. I lost touch with some old classmates and stuff but it was worth it to unplug from the matrix.

Update: my secondary account that is overtly fake is still active. I've also read that as of right now you can still create new Facebook accounts without verifying anything as Facebook.com currently does not requiring this ID verification process upon new account registration. If I still wanted to maintain a FB page for my recording studio and other projects then I could use new accounts.

I would bet it's only a matter of time before some form of phot ID verification is required for all accounts new and old.

Deleted my account this year. However, I'm seconding doc Howard's request, out of curiosity.

I don't trust the Merkel pegged Cuckerberg, especially with ID. Just imagine how it could be used against you.

Anatomy of how freedom is lost:
1. Outrage. How dare they?
2. Acceptance. Yeah, Facebook requires ID. That's normal.
3. Propagation. Other social networks will follow suit.

People say they get value out of Facebook, but on the balance do they? Even harmful addictions have a benefit or two. That doesn't justify keeping them around. I quit Facebook 2008 and never looked back. After 48 hours, I didn't miss it at all.

Upload some hilarious fake one?

[Image: IDCard2.jpg]

Deus vult!

Facebook just gave a boost to fake ID makers

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Fuck that. I emptied out my Facebook account a few days ago, but needed to keep it around for managing my business pages. I have those pages as a formality, cause they're expected and to prevent someone else from creating them... they don't bring in extra revenue. If I'm asked to provide ID, I'm trashing all of it. Facebook is one of the highest sought after sites to exploit for hackers, having IDs on file would seriously up the ante. It's only a matter of time before they're stolen, no matter how secure they think they're storing them.

Hell, if you're a great programmer with low morals and wanting to get rich:

1. Get hired at Facebook, with a starting salary of probably at least $150k
2. Steal IDs from the inside, I'm sure there are logs in place but that didn't stop Edward Snowden.
3. Leave the country, assume the identity of someone that looks like you from the huge library at your disposal
4. Sell millions of IDs on the black market.

Look, it's no big deal. Just go along with their policy, it's for the best, really.

Unfortunately they already doxxed our esteemed member Kona but you have to expect a little blowback:

[Image: 1313166894-mclovin-id.jpg]

Upload my government ID to an organization that employs former Stazi members? Not a chance!

[Image: 1bdbb7d63a2a36fb6c5ecdc4256db933.jpg]

Aloha!

Fuck Facebook.
I use Facebook for real Men.
It is called RooshVforum.

This will fuck Tinder if you use a burner account and Facebook ever needs to log back in to connect.

It will ask you for an ID for your burner account. Didn't spend time on thinking how to get around this, so I've been without it.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Yeah, I just created a Tinder a couple days ago too using my other fake account... but honestly I'm not too concerned because so far my experience with Tinder has been pretty meh

You need it for Colombia if you want to have the best time on a shorter trip so I would figure it out, also if you are on CouchSurfing now is the best time to start pipelining. I got my best two girls from CouchSurfing during my short stay in Bogota.

Or

I've been using colombiancupid and also OKcupid with my location set to bogota and I've got more girls than I know what to do with already. I think using tinder on top of that may just overwhelm me, but good tip regardless. As of right now my other fake profile is still in the clear so game on.

^ The girls on Tinder are much hotter on average than those two sites by country a mile, though flakier of course. Still worth it.

Or

I've been on the fence about dumping facebook for a while. I don't like giving support to any company sympathetic to SJW degeneracy, even in the form of mouse clicks. If they start requiring ID to use the site I'll gladly delete my profile and tell them to fuck off.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/14...te-speech/

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/...net-posts/

Facebook has already been teaming up with police in Europe to go on a 'hate speech' witch hunt. As we all know, hate speech can be anything that goes against a marxist narrative.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-eyeing...americans/

Hell even 5 years ago Obama was seriously considering internet ID's?

Under a Clinton administration, I believe people in the U.S. (nearly all right leaning) will start getting prosecuted for thought crimes in addition to outright censorship of websites that go against the marxist narratives. Some have already been named by Hillary - Infowars, Breitbart, and Drudge. Perhaps they are ceding control of the internet to the UN because they have more resources to block IP's of these and other smaller websites.

The ID you supply to Facebook will be used as a way to bypass subpoenas to ISP's if you are hiding behind a burner account.

This is the phase they have been working on for a while now, tying your online identity to your real life identity so that you can be subpoenaed through facebook or "arrested" for online speech. Combine this with the US giving away the ICANN and control of the internet and this is the way they end anonymity and try to start an online ID program.

I read a story about a person who couldn't be contacted by phone or letter, but when they messaged them on FB they responded right away...so they sent a subpoena through facebook. I think it was in England a few years ago. The writing was on the wall back then, and when I started reading more and more about courts using facebook to subpoena people it made me quit facebook immediately.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/courts-...2015-04-06

http://www.techshow.com/2013/03/serving-...s-profile/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/broo...-1.2174577

I have gone through this process back in 2012 when in university my mates would 'facebook rape' my profile and change my name.

I had to go through with it and once it is done, you cannot make any further changes.

Don't add your phone number, I haven't given them that much.

For the WhatsApp users, change your settings as the latest update links your account (and number) to bypass your authorization.

You can switch it off.

This is ominous, but on the whole not surprising. I haven't seen anything like this among my few burner FB accounts. So I wonder if it needs an ID if you registered with a phone number? I have a couple burner phones I use when SMS verification is needed, maintaining a semblance of anonymity for a little while longer is worth the small price. The end game, of course, is to totally remove all anonymity from the web and have each user utilize a CAC, PIN, or something tied to a govt verified identifier to pass through a gateway and onto the internet. The social media platforms are simply beta tests to see which method is more convenient.

Frankly I do not understand all the hoopla - why is this a problem? Just delete your FB page - voilá, problem solved!

[Image: frogboiling.jpg]

Now I concede that I'm a crusty old SOB who couldn't give a hoot about some dumb ass profile which serves absolutely no meaningful purpose whatsoever in my or anyone else's life. And I keep seeing the noose being tightened just a little further every other month or so.

First they draw you guys in with free social media hype until everyone's hooked on attention whoring.

Then those assholes are starting to slowly infringe on our personal privacy and have little compunction to sell our info to 3rd parties or rat us out at the drop of a court order.

Then they start policing the dialog and tell you what you can say and what not.

Then they start hiring ex Stasi officers to rat us out to NGOs and corrupt government bureaucrats.

Now they're pushing the dagger even deeper by requiring you to provide them with ID, phone numbers, etc. Basically they want it all.

What's going to be next? Fingerprinting? Too late - they probably can already pull that from Apple or the government(s) they are working with.

Is all that shit really worth the little attention you're getting on some fucking web page?

I thought this was a red pill or neo masculinity forum. The only thing that should be discussed here is how to encourage droves of like minded brothers to permanently delete their FB profiles and move on to more productive and happier lives.

[Image: 635925212017127047-micdrop.JPG]

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman