rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

London's Nightclub (Fabric) Closed Indefinitely

Quote:Quote:

[Image: savefabric-main.jpg]
One of the UK's most well known nightclubs is to close permanently after its licence was revoked.

The decision to shut down Fabric was made by Islington Council in north London, which described a "culture of drugs" at the venue.

The club was closed temporarily earlier this year after the deaths of two teenagers.

The Metropolitan Police claimed keeping Fabric open would cause further drug-related deaths.

You can also explore this story in a different way. Newsbeat Explains is a new way of experiencing news piece by piece - click here to try it with the future of clubbing.

Fabric co-founder Cameron Leslie said he was "gutted" at the decision.

It has been criticised by several DJs and artists who have performed at the venue in the past.

A 28-day licence suspension was already in place at Fabric following the death of an 18-year-old last month.

It sparked an online petition with 150,000 signatures and DJs like Annie Mac tweeting their support.

BBC Original Link

The best spot in London for Electronic music gone, what a shame.

[Image: giphy.gif]

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

Sad to see this, was only there once but it was a great night.
Many years ago, I saw Royksopp's debut performance in the UK when they were just starting off, they had just released 'Melody A.M.'.
The atmosphere was insane, people knew we were about to see something special.
While the second half of the show tailed off a bit (they were new to the game so still had some work to do on their live shows), the atmosphere as they launched into 'Epie', mindblowing!!
One of my top ever live musical experiences.

Shit that place was on my bucketlist. Man that sucks!

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

It was a great club, probably the best in the UK if you're into electronic music.

Its a ridiculous reason to close a club. Fabric had door searches more intensive than most UK clubs. But if people want to take drugs in a club they're going to smuggle them in regardless, the club can't do a whole lot about that. The reasonable harm-reduction move would to be to bring in testing stations like they have in the Netherlands, if preventing deaths was the actual goal.

People will still take dodgy drugs, and will still die from them, even with Fabric closed. They'll just go to other clubs, or house parties. Closing Fabric just helps with the on-going destruction of central London's nightlife culture. The overriding goal seems to be to move nightlife away from the city center out to industrial wastelands.

I saw Dizzy Rascal there 10 years ago and it was unbelievably good. It was a really exciting, dangerous evening. Lots of the east London gang types were in the crowd, there were fights breaking out all around the place; it was a pretty electric atmosphere. Dizzy Rascal didn't come on until about 2am, and he was an extraordinarily good MC. Still one of, if not the, best live shows I've been to.

The Arches in Glasgow closing (which was a great place to work) and now this. A sad state of affairs. Tend to go overseas for festivals and raves/gigs now due to the better experience, cheaper prices (flights, tickets etc) and the fact that the UK is becoming more and more ridiculous with laws concerning this.

I saw Ricardo Villalobos and Maceo Plex this year, that venue had some God-level sound speakers and the best worldwide talent on the weekly. Any time I discovered someone fresh and breaking out on Resident Advisor you could be sure Fabric had a booking for them in the next few months.

Only decent places left now XOYO and Nest. London is a fall from glory from 2006 and taking the Sydney no-fun fast track.

The precedent has been set. If Fabric goes down every club in the UK can be shut down too, no exceptions. UK has already lost 50% of its clubs in 10 years. If you're not into wine bars or Wetherspoons you're out of luck.

Sounds like something the fun police in Australian governments would do. The drug culture is on the people, not the venue, and they will just find somewhere else to get off their faces every night. Won't change a thing for the better.

It was overly loud, sweaty and awful for gaming in there. Good riddance...hope they build some overpriced tiny apartments for yuppies in Farringdon instead!!

Was there once in 2010 and again in 2013. Sound system was insane, I haven't ever seen anything similar around the world. There was a great atmosphere though it wasn't a good place for game.
London in terms of nightlife is getting worse year by year. In 2010 the nights were really vibrant, I was traveling there just for the nightlife. The atmosphere has changed a lot since that.

Quote: (09-07-2016 05:19 PM)Chengiz88 Wrote:  

It was overly loud, sweaty and awful for gaming in there. Good riddance...hope they build some overpriced tiny apartments for yuppies in Farringdon instead!!

Going to Fabric to game was a...poor choice. It was a place to go for the music above all else.

Though it was still possible to make new friends if you were on eh, the same 'buzz' as them.

Good news is that the tube will be running 24/7 on weekends . That should boost nightlife .

Damn.

It was 1998, I was just catching the tail end of an era of party that might not ever be able to be re created. It was positive, drug fueled and full of love.

Mitsubishi. Doves.

I had spent a night at the Arches in Glasgow, at the invitation of a cute strawberry blonde and my mind was instantly blown. I was from the rural Rocky Mountains of Alberta, and this was on another plane. I was instantly hooked.

Months later my travels would have me in London with my girl, an unassuming freckled blonde from Devon, for two months of mind blowing experience.

Her place was Strawberry Sundae, but this was the time of Fabric. Saturday nights were nearly a Holy procession. Whole neighborhoods got together, pre gamed, mingled and got ready for the next 12 hours of beautiful mayhem. I tried X for the first time here, and I must have met 100 people. We traded stories, laughed, hugged and danced our asses off. When the night was over, my girl stripped away layer after sweaty layer as the morning chills and grey light filtered into our dark room, warmed by flannel blankets and a background of Morcheeba. It was the most amazing sex I have ever had.

Truly one of the most remarkable times of my generation.

I will just leave this here.

RIP

Sucks. Best sound system I've ever experienced-- you could feel the bass internally.

Fabric opened in 1999 bro so your story from 1998 must be about some place else

Quote: (09-08-2016 11:47 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Yeah, it was about Strawberry Sundaes.

Also, I hate to be critical but Doves weren't really around by that time.

Quote: (09-08-2016 02:23 PM)Kieran Wrote:  

Forget it. I was trying to paint a picture of the time. An era. To tell a story.

Quote: (09-08-2016 02:23 PM)Kieran Wrote:  

Touch critical Kieran.

(White)Doves hit the scene in '91, following on from the successful introduction of the legendary 'Disco Biscuit' a tablet yet to be equalled to this day.

I wanna go back!!

Been to Fabric 3 years ago, New years eve-Dave Clarke, with my girlfriend. Ratio was 10 guys -1 girl and 'burned', horny guys were flirting my gf. Not a big loss in terms of game.
Unfortunately, there's nothing better in London than gay clubs for a straight guy to get a one night stand with some gay dude's drunk and lonely girlfriend.

Yeah, I shouldn't have commented, apologies Laner.

Everyone I know that was around says that Doves early nineties to mid nineties were the best pills they ever did. I did Mitsis around the late nineties and they were pretty good, then Speakers came around a few years back which were pretty good too. I don't do any anymore though as I can't hack the come downs.

Quote: (09-08-2016 11:47 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

LMAO!!!!

Fabric will be re-opened [Image: banana.gif]

Quote:Quote:

London nightclub Fabric will reopen following its controversial closure earlier this year by Islington Council.

Judge Robin McPhee made the final decision after Fabric's management agreed with the council on a set of conditions under which the premises must run.

Those conditions - drawn from a 155-page “gold standard” for security put forward by Fabric in November - include clubbers under 19 not being allowed onto the premises, CCTV monitoring, ID scanners and a lifetime ban for anyone caught dealing or in possession of drugs.

The appeal was heard at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court’s where a judge passed the appeal. It is currently unclear when exactly the Charterhouse Street venue will open its doors.

Link to article

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

anyway not a great loss in terms of game. I think everywhere else in london was better than fabric to get some pussy.