rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I have an idea of a product

I am young so I don't really know how the game, system and process works. What if I have an idea for a product that I can sell? At this point I don't have the skills or the connections, or the labor to necessarily make it yet. How do I go about scratching out a plan, working around into actually putting it into existence, figuring a workable solution, contacting the right people, building the thing, finding a buyer etc?

If I wanted to build a website/product that offers something, how would I go around finding the talent and expertise to build and maintain it? What if I came up with the idea of the product/website but the grunt work, the building, creation and maintenance needed of the product has to be done by someone else who has the specialized skills to do it but not me?

To earn money you gotta spend money, fact. If you are interested in popping a website for your product you gotta find/hire a web designer and coder, then you gotta manage a way to get hits into your site, you do this by promoting your website and your product.

Alot of people have the idea to do it but not the ability to do it, you gotta hire people that can do it.However you gotta be able to do something that they can't, thats how it works.

Quote: (08-04-2011 02:48 AM)Ohiogang Wrote:  

I am young so I don't really know how the game, system and process works. What if I have an idea for a product that I can sell? At this point I don't have the skills or the connections, or the labor to necessarily make it yet. How do I go about scratching out a plan, working around into actually putting it into existence, figuring a workable solution, contacting the right people, building the thing, finding a buyer etc?

If I wanted to build a website/product that offers something, how would I go around finding the talent and expertise to build and maintain it? What if I came up with the idea of the product/website but the grunt work, the building, creation and maintenance needed of the product has to be done by someone else who has the specialized skills to do it but not me?

Have a look at The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris. I think the book will be a good starting point for what you are trying to do.

great any more books/resources I should look into?

Look there are probably a ton without going into too much detail. The reason why I suggest Four Hour Workweek is because a lot of it was built around building passive incomes, particularly online and with product. So there is a lot of information that would be directly relevant to what you are looking for. It would actually give you a decent map so to speak. Its the sort of book tailor made to your sort of idea from what I can see.

It really is the best place for you to start and lot of the resources you need will be found in that book. I have read it and while its not really that relevant to what I do or want to do long term, I think it would be what you are looking for.

i meant exactly are there any other books I should read after I have read that in order for more material and more help in this sort of thing.

Yeah, the list of the books you need are in that book [Image: smile.gif]

Read the Millionaire Fastlane(should be required reading in colleges). I liked it more than Four Hour Workweek even though Tim Ferris did have some awesome ideas and tips in there.