rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

College Football 2016 Thread

Let's get this year's thread started.

Like every year, I'm going with Alabama for the Championship.

For upset of the day: Auburn over Clemson.

Pretty much Alabama's to lose every year.

Winners of Major Conferences

SEC: Alabama
ACC: Florida State
Big Ten: Michigan
PAC 12: Stanford
Big 12: TCU

Rest don't matter.

Houston looking sharp. Came off last year's win against FSU in the Peach Bow with a dominating victory against #3 OU. Me likey.

My USC Trojans are getting their ass handed to them. Apart of me is devastated. Another part me is happy a red state is beating the shit out of a blue state, even if it is just college football.

Growth Over Everything Else.

My Terps starting off strong with a win 52-13 over Howard. Howard is no where near being a big player on the college football scene (they're D 1-AA) but it's still nice to ring in D.J Durkin's debut with a win.

Quote: (09-03-2016 02:37 PM)realologist Wrote:  

Rest don't matter.

It looks like the Michigan and Ohio State game is going to be a very important game this year.

I don' think TCU wil come close to winning the Big 12 after seeing their mediocre showing 59-41 against South Dakota State. After Oklahoma lost, I'm not sure, it's looking really good for Ok State but who knows, maybe Baylor still has some thunder.

=

Quote: (09-04-2016 02:47 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Quote: (09-03-2016 02:37 PM)realologist Wrote:  

Rest don't matter.

It looks like the Michigan and Ohio State game is going to be a very important game this year.

I don' think TCU wil come close to winning the Big 12 after seeing their mediocre showing 59-41 against South Dakota State. After Oklahoma lost, I'm not sure, it's looking really good for Ok State but who knows, maybe Baylor still has some thunder.

=

Michigan v Ohio State game will most likely determine the championship game. I think it will be a Big Ten v SEC show down.

The Big 12 is always a toss up. I'm not a big fan of Baylor. They seem to always choke. Not sure if it's the coaching, players or both. Texas may be back and take it. They looked pretty against Notre Dame.

I'm a Penn State fan. So probably another 7-5 and a trip to some shit bowl. We'll see...

Who saw that UW-LSU game? I was back in Wisconsin and went to Green Bay for it. Unreal. UW went from unranked to number 10 overnight.

I'm not a huge college sports fan, but I hate the monopoly the SEC has created. The Big 10 continues to put itself on the map.

Roll damn tide mothafuckas!

You don't get there till you get there

Fucking Penn State, man. Great comeback, blown by a terrible, completely unnecessary long pass with loads of time on the clock and easy field goal range one screen pass away.

Edit - To clarify, the long pass was intercepted so Pitt just ran out of the clock to win 42 - 39.

Huskers have looked good the first couple weeks but next week against Oregon will see if they can do something noteworthy this year. My pick to win it all is Alabama. Final 4 picks are Alabama, Florida State, Michigan, and Houston.

Quote: (09-10-2016 04:33 PM)Mr.Wilson Wrote:  

Huskers have looked good the first couple weeks but next week against Oregon will see if they can do something noteworthy this year. My pick to win it all is Alabama. Final 4 picks are Alabama, Florida State, Michigan, and Houston.

Go Big Red
[Image: powerclean.gif]

And like that, OK State falls down to the cupcake team. Amazing comeback, but quite controversial giving Central Michigan the ball after time expired for a final play. We will see if it is overturned tomorrow.

Texas y'all.

Also, fuck the faggies!

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Looking forward to seeing the 150,000 people at Bristol Speedway tonight for the Tennessee and Va Tech game. Turns out they ordered +600,000 beers to sale.

Prediction: VA Tech

[Image: 1382022420000-AP-BRISTOL-MOTOR-SPEEDWAY-...NESSEE.jpg]

Quote: (09-10-2016 06:36 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Looking forward to seeing the 150,000 people at Bristol Speedway tonight for the Tennessee and Va Tech game. Turns out they ordered +600,000 beers to sale.

To sale...fuck. Only someone from the south would write that. Even my daughters school teacher wrote in a letter home that they have coupon books...to...sale.

My guess is because sell sounds so much like 'sale' with a southern accent is why people do that around here.

I predict UT vols to win, I also predict shennanigans from fans as they have had 12 hours to tailgate before the game starts and people will get bored up in the nosebleed seats where players look like stick men.

Though last night and tonight would be fun nights to be on state street in Bristol.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (09-10-2016 06:36 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

[Image: 1382022420000-AP-BRISTOL-MOTOR-SPEEDWAY-...NESSEE.jpg]

I'm oddly excited about this game and I'm not particularly fond of either team. 150,000 drunk rednecks in one stadium watching something besides NASCAR?? That's just awesome....

Sad day for Penn State. How can you give up 42 points to Pitt

Damn, Arkansas - TCU was a hell of a game. Wild final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and some great overtime plays.

Quote: (09-10-2016 10:03 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

Damn, Arkansas - TCU was a hell of a game. Wild final 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and some great overtime plays.

Yeah, I was watching it while also watching UFC. I thought Arkansas was done for sure when they TCU ran it to the 30 on the late kickoff. Amazing field goal block at the end. Bret Bielema is still learning about the SEC but he's doing ok as a coach. Patterson on the other hand is good but I've always thought he was sloppy and inconsistent.

Holy shit Louisville beat Florida State. That Louisville QB is action packed.

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

Roll Damn Tide

You don't get there till you get there

Quote: (09-17-2016 05:33 PM)Chowder Head Wrote:  

Holy shit Louisville beat Florida State. That Louisville QB is action packed.

Yeah. That's what I call an ass whoppin.

Alabama game has been stressful. Hopefully they pull out a win.

Iowa and Oregon will be out of the top 25 next week. Apparently Oregon just broke an 82 game streak of games with touchdown passes or something like that, and Iowa lost to North Dakota State which isn't even an FBS team. They're FCS champs, but still, that doesn't look good when you're ranked #13.

I always root against Oregon just because Oregon is a gay state full of smelly hippies where you can't even pump your own gas, and Iowa just came out with that idiotic SJW degree if I recall correctly. Fuck em both.

Now if Stanford can just not lose to USC this will be a good day.

...And while I was typing this Ole Miss scored twice. What the fuck is happening?