rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exchange Programs

Exchange Programs

Hey guys,

Im a business economics student that will be going on an exchange program next year around april, february 2018 and need some help deciding where to go.

Some background about me: Argentine, blond, blue eyes, 5'10, decent body, speak english and spanish natively, fluent portugues and alright french. Im currently 18 and will be 19 when I travel (take this into consideration for the gaming/clubs/bars aspect). I will have some spending money but am trying to be frugal since my currency is very devalued compared to the Euro or USD.

I can go to Warsaw school of econ, Prague school of econ, Corvinus Budapest, George Washington U, University of Richmond, U of Virginia, or Arizona State.

There are several factors that I am taking into consideration and are not ranked in any given order but are all of utmost importance.

Climate (would prefer to not have to endure super cold)
Gaming (again consider the legal age there, how easy is it to get into clubs, fake ID, etc)
Campuses (Campus life, Dorms, food, activites sports facilities)
City living
Quality of women
Difficulty of pulling
Labour market added value of studying there
the kind of people that go to those universities
possible contacts ill make
Cost of living

Any and all help is much appreciated

Exchange Programs

Virginia. Great college town, very cute girls. You won't have a distinctive look but you wouldn't have a distinctive look at any of those Universities.

Virginia is also the most prestigious University on that list. Charlottesville has pretty moderate weather. You will need to get a decent fake ID. The social scene is pretty Greek oriented, so you will need to run some man-game to get into the best parties. You'll need a fake id for the bars. I recommend Trinity for quick hookups, third floor especially. Cost of living will be on par with other American college towns. You will be able to find a room as an exchange student for a semester. Your program may just set your housing up.

Quality of girls is above average for an American college, which means there is basically an endless supply of cute girls to meet. Join some internstional-oriented clubs while you are there, and you'll gain access to some of the top notch students at UVA.

PM me if you got some UVA specific questions. Highly, highly recommended.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Exchange Programs

I would hit up Budapest as #1, fits most of your criteria. Party city, good vibe, you are young and girls are definitely hot.

Exchange Programs

Poland looks like a great potential. Cheap, nice girls and plenty of travel opportunities during holidays/weekends.

Exchange Programs

Quote: (08-21-2016 11:15 PM)ChinUpChestOut Wrote:  

Hey guys,

Im a business economics student that will be going on an exchange program next year around april, february 2018 and need some help deciding where to go.

Some background about me: Argentine, blond, blue eyes, 5'10, decent body, speak english and spanish natively, fluent portugues and alright french. Im currently 18 and will be 19 when I travel (take this into consideration for the gaming/clubs/bars aspect). I will have some spending money but am trying to be frugal since my currency is very devalued compared to the Euro or USD.

I can go to Warsaw school of econ, Prague school of econ, Corvinus Budapest, George Washington U, University of Richmond, U of Virginia, or Arizona State.

There are several factors that I am taking into consideration and are not ranked in any given order but are all of utmost importance.

Climate (would prefer to not have to endure super cold)
Gaming (again consider the legal age there, how easy is it to get into clubs, fake ID, etc)
Campuses (Campus life, Dorms, food, activites sports facilities)
City living
Quality of women
Difficulty of pulling
Labour market added value of studying there
the kind of people that go to those universities
possible contacts ill make
Cost of living

Any and all help is much appreciated

Bro, I feel you. I am facing the same decision (Erasmus Program) soon, that's why I am traveling to the countries to see if it feels worthy of living/studying there.

You say that you do not want to endure a super cold climate. You are from Argentina, so what exactly do you mean by cold? Regarding your age and you wanting to drink, there is no need to worry. Most of the countries in Europe have club policies of 18+.

I have been to Budapest and their fluency in English is not the best. Likely 50% of the people do not know how to speak English, so if you are planning to go there you should team up with a Hungarian person ASAP (to make things easier for you).

Budapest and Prague are well known for Erasmus Destinations, so much that it is almost a DLV. Because according to locals, the Erasmus Students have ill-mannered behaviors. However, if you do not come across too creepy and well calibrated, things should work in your favor.

Never been to Prague, but will visit soon, so I don't know what to say about the hotness of the Czechyans. Regarding Hungarians, I have to say that while I was there I was baffled of how sexy they were. Hungarians have well-developed bodies, it kind of looks as if they always work out. Try to learn Hungarian, just a few phrases, because a lot of sexy Hungarians do not know how to speak English. If you are planning to go to Budapest then try to mingle in with locals, because only then you will open up Pandora's Box of Sexy Hungarian Girls.

Exchange Programs

Guys ive decided to go to DC. I know people here hate on DC big time, but i think if i survived the absolute worst circumstances in Toronto DC should be piece of cake, also it was the only place on the list where people spoke english. I think it will provide me the best future and opportunities. Will fly over to europe after my exchange.

Exchange Programs

Seems like you already made up your mind.

But I think as a young guy, you should really go abroad for your exchange. You know, getting out of your comfort zone, exploring the world, having interesting stories to tell. I grew more during my first week abroad than during the rest of my college years together.

It makes you stand out much more when you apply for jobs. Guys who are not afraid of spending a year in another continent show a number of very positive attributes (independent, open minded, adaptable, etc). During every single one of my job interviews they told me how that's what stood out about my CV.

Plus nothing gets young panties more wet than a well traveled guy. If you are well traveled by your mid twenties, you get the highest ROI.

Exchange Programs

Im going to go to europe immediately after my exchange, hitting all the eastern european countries. I felt like I would get the biggest bang for my buck (tuition costs 47k x semester, i get to go for free) and I get free accommodation (7k value added) and great job and internship opportunities as well as courses that are actually useful. Will definitely hit up europe when im finished.

Exchange Programs

Argentinian guy with blonde eyes, blue hair and speaks good English? You'll do well in America for sure.

DC does kinda suck socially, but you'll be at a University so you'll essentially be in a large bubble, but you'll also have the chance to go out and explore city life unlike other college towns.

Not a bad choice really, can't really go wrong when you're picking an abroad university at the age of 18, they're all going to be fun.