rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girl Ignores Tinder Guy, He Beats Michael Phelps For Gold And She Attention-Whores

Girl Ignores Tinder Guy, He Beats Michael Phelps For Gold And She Attention-Whores

Status, status, status...

Isn't this girl a catch, fellas?

[Image: schooling-tinder.jpg]

Thankfully, any half clued-in guy who previously wanted this girl, or will consider wanting her in the future, has an opportunity to rethink his intended moves.

I haven't seen the series in full but this reminds me of Dune and the galactic spice. Can't it be ingested as some sort of drug?

Like the spice, status and fame, when sensed in males, is an addictive drug for many females. They cannot control themselves and they post their lust for it online or advertise it in real life, oblivious to how they appear in doing so.

I remember dating a Belarussian girl and meeting her Russian friend. Every time I either talked with this friend of hers or she came up in conversation, it was nearly always in reference to her allegedly sleeping with Til Lindemann, the lead vocalist for Rammstein. It became the story on which she propped up her entire life.

In all honesty, this will be simultaneously the biggest achievement and failure in life of the Tinder girl, provided Joseph Schooling doesn't go full stupid mode and try to hook up with her.

Could be a fake gossip piece, sure, but at the very least another good reason for contemplating the importance of status.

If it is him, his text/IM game is not stellar, but this guy did seem to come out of nowhere to beat Michael Phelps in the 100m butterfly. Perhaps even he's surprised by his success and before that he was a lot more unsure of himself. Plus, many athletes do lead very stressful and compartmentalized lives. Not a lot of socializing for many of them.

I remember reading a news/magazine story years ago, too, that an up-and-coming Brad Pitt had been left by his girlfriend at the time for some director and/or producer who was basically fat and balding.

The problem for Schooling is that his fame will gradually fade, in the West at least. No one remembers pretty much any of the new medal winners in swimming from London in 2012 and swimming itself outside the major medal-winning countries is oft ignored.

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

Ah, and here we have the girl's BFF riding in on her coattails (after riding on Schooling's coattails), trying to pick up Twitter retweet and like crumbs:

https://twitter.com/Mrraaowpal/status/76...2275554304

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

Joseph Schooling won the only gold medal that Singapore has ever won I think. He is going to be rolling in pussy for quite some time in that country.

High end Singaporean pussy is pretty good but a lot of hassle for regular dudes.

He'll be tapping all that i'm for sure.

He goes to school at UT Austin though which isn't bad place to be in the limelight either. When he goes home to Singapore that's when the real pussy dividends start paying off.

Quote: (08-14-2016 08:45 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Joseph Schooling won the only gold medal that Singapore has ever won I think. He is going to be rolling in pussy for quite some time in that country.

High end Singaporean pussy is pretty good but a lot of hassle for regular dudes.

He'll be tapping all that i'm for sure.

He goes to school at UT Austin though which isn't bad place to be in the limelight either. When he goes home to Singapore that's when the real pussy dividends start paying off.

Yeah, in Singapore, of course he will be.

But I can't imagine he'll want to go back there permanently, at least during his swimming career.

As for regular dudes in Singapore, the laws on female honour there are horrendous. Calling a woman a slut can get you a jail-term.

A microcosm of the sad state of online dating today.

Tinder: where Olympic athletes with physiques like some fashion of Greek statue go to refer to a passable "girl next door 6.5" as "beautiful", get ghosted on.

Regardless of his pretty poor text game, I hope this is how he's feeling atm. It would be nice if he were able to hit her with a takedown notice for unauthorized use of his likeness.

[Image: laugh7.gif]

Edit: also a "game people play" that was written about by Eric Berne back in 1959: a book every guy here should take a look at.

http://www.ericberne.com/games-people-pl...y-knew-me/

The same feeling one might get when a club hoe gives you the brush-off, then you roll up in a Maserati and the owner comes out and shows you to the best private table in the house. Or she realizes that you're actually Drake IRL. Oopsies!

I've actually have heard this sort of thing from various women over the years.

Most commonly, they make a reference to some vague rich guy they dated.

"Oh, I dated this surgeon/guy with a boat/guy who owned a construction company/son of someone who owns a restaurant chain/Hollywood producer/son of a political figure"

It's always brought up in casual fashion but always said in a tone like I should be impress or give a shit. I don't care of course; I only care in the sense that she is obviously a dumbass to try to impress me with her past bang history.

For some of these chicks though, it quite obvious that banging a on-paper alpha was a big deal and a major point of pride for them.

I know chicks can turn into alpha-widows post-bang but I wonder if chicks like this tinder twat can be alpha-widows without the bang or even a date? Perhaps so.

Hes going to be swimming in pussy at UT as well boys, the prize money from Singapore is a cool million.

Quote: (08-14-2016 08:58 AM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

I've actually have heard this sort of thing from various women over the years.

Most commonly, they make a reference to some vague rich guy they dated.

"Oh, I dated this surgeon/guy with a boat/guy who owned a construction company/son of someone who owns a restaurant chain/Hollywood producer/son of a political figure"

Yeah, happens to me pretty often, just as you say. It goes back to what I said on the "You're Not The Best I've Ever Had" thread; if you give a girl an in, she'll never lose the opportunity to tell you how somewhere at some time she hit it with some guy who's better at you than something.

The girl I was seeing most recently did it too. "Oh, you're smart? Well...I dated a guy who was a genius! I heard he actually designed a stargate the other day." Like they listened to that "That Don't Impress Me Much" Shania song one too many times.

It's usually just an attempt to blow up their value way more than it is in your mind, like the guy who tries to add $2000 to the selling price of a Stratocaster on Craigslist because "This was the third string standby guitar for Aerosmith on their 1989 tour, Joe Perry touched it once for five minutes!"

Sadly, I agree with what I recall another poster saying on my "plate management" thread (may have been you): what you end up actually hearing is simply "Please don't leave me. You have way more power in this relationship than I do."

Just another example of how being a young, ripped athlete cannot overcome bad game. This is why as important as it is for men to be fit, if you want success with women, knowing how to talk to them is key.

Quote: (08-14-2016 08:32 AM)david.garrett84 Wrote:  

Could be a fake gossip piece, sure, but at the very least another good reason for contemplating the importance of status.

I'd say the real lesson is the importance of game and not shitty texts like "Hey beautiful, watcha up to?"

This is how female hamsters DHV. No surprises there.

A great example in a nustshell why social media is such a complete disaster. Women thrive on attention. Being recognized socially as "someone" is literally the female lifeblood: because historically, without it women were completely helpless. A woman without any social connections - without a strong support system around her - was most likely completely destitute and not long for this world (this is why charity for widows was always emphasized). Thus women are designed with an innate proclivity to attention whore. Their very survival depends on being noticed and valued by other people.

Social media is harmful because it hijacks and amplifies this intrinsic need for attention. Rather than trying to gain the attention of the people in her immediate surroundings, women are now free to attention whore to the entire world. The corollary to this: she is also now competing in the attention sweepstakes with every other woman in the world! Thus begins an attention whoring arms race among women, resulting in an increasing thirst and desperation for attention and a constant trend of one-upsmanship.

This is how you end up with women like this - a complete nobody - desperately projecting the flimsiest rationale for attention to the world. "Look at me! I had a text exchange on a sex app with a guy who is currently appearing on TV and enjoying his 15 minutes of fame!" In her mind, this simple text exchange validates her existence as "somebody" in the modern world. She is not interested in being recognized by her family and community as a loving wife and mother, as a good neighbor, as a kind and cheerful friend. She is not interested in the accolades and social approbation earned by a life well-lived. She is not interested in establishing a good reputation in the eyes of those who have known her for years.

Instead, she bases her self-worth on the most fleeting attention possible - the passing glances of millions of anonymous eyeballs on social media platforms. And so when her chance finally arrives, she takes it. She, previously just another anonymous social media eyeball, is now, in this one fleeting moment, the star of the show. She basks in the glow of the attention, the pleasure she receives from knowing that so many people must now validate her existence: near-orgasmic. She is someone. In this case, she is just a girl that an Olympic gold medalist matched on Tinder. But that's enough for her. She'll take it. She'll broadcast it proudly to the world, because in the land of social media, the only currency that matters is attention.

What we're witnessing with social media is similar to the phenomenon of alpha widowing. Just as a woman who has previously given herself emotionally and physically to an alpha male can no longer be truly satisfied with a "lesser" man, so it is with attention. Women who have experienced the intoxicating hit of concentrated social approval and attention they can receive on social media are no longer interested in pursuing the more mundane social accolades they could receive by traditional means. Why bake your boyfriend a cake when you could take a selfie showing off your ass? The former only generates the attention and approval of one man, while the latter could generate it from thousands or millions (or more modestly for most women, a few dozen, which is still to be preferred in the female mind as far superior to one).

Traditionally pro-social female behavior has thus been abandoned in favor of social media attention whoring as the preferred method for women to gain and demonstrate social status.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote:Quote:

A great example in a nustshell why social media is such a complete disaster. Women thrive on attention. Being recognized socially as "someone" is literally the female lifeblood: because historically, without it women were completely helpless. A woman without any social connections - without a strong support system around her - was most likely completely destitute and not long for this world (this is why charity for widows was always emphasized). Thus women are designed with an innate proclivity to attention whore. Their very survival depends on being noticed and valued by other people.

Social media is harmful because it hijacks and amplifies this intrinsic need for attention. Rather than trying to gain the attention of the people in her immediate surroundings, women are now free to attention whore to the entire world. The corollary to this: she is also now competing in the attention sweepstakes with every other woman in the world! Thus begins an attention whoring arms race among women, resulting in an increasing thirst and desperation for attention and a constant trend of one-upsmanship.

This is how you end up with women like this - a complete nobody - desperately projecting the flimsiest rationale for attention to the world. "Look at me! I had a text exchange on a sex app with a guy who is currently appearing on TV and enjoying his 15 minutes of fame!" In her mind, this simple text exchange validates her existence as "somebody" in the modern world. She is not interested in being recognized by her family and community as a loving wife and mother, as a good neighbor, as a kind and cheerful friend. She is not interested in the accolades and social approbation earned by a life well-lived. She is not interested in establishing a good reputation in the eyes of those who have known her for years.

Instead, she bases her self-worth on the most fleeting attention possible - the passing glances of millions of anonymous eyeballs on social media platforms. And so when her chance finally arrives, she takes it. She, previously just another anonymous social media eyeball, is now, in this one fleeting moment, the star of the show. She basks in the glow of the attention, the pleasure she receives from knowing that so many people must now validate her existence: near-orgasmic. She is someone. In this case, she is just a girl that an Olympic gold medalist matched on Tinder. But that's enough for her. She'll take it. She'll broadcast it proudly to the world, because in the land of social media, the only currency that matters is attention.

What we're witnessing with social media is similar to the phenomenon of alpha widowing. Just as a woman who has previously given herself emotionally and physically to an alpha male can no longer be truly satisfied with a "lesser" man, so it is with attention. Women who have experienced the intoxicating hit of concentrated social approval and attention they can receive on social media are no longer interested in pursuing the more mundane social accolades they could receive by traditional means. Why bake your boyfriend a cake when you could take a selfie showing off your ass? The former only generates the attention and approval of one man, while the latter could generate it from thousands or millions (or more modestly for most women, a few dozen, which is still to be preferred in the female mind as far superior to one).

Traditionally pro-social female behavior has thus been abandoned in favor of social media attention whoring as the preferred method for women to gain and demonstrate social status.

Don't think she cares about the randos. She thinks the twitter fame will translate to cool points among her IRL friends.

Quote: (08-14-2016 10:13 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

[Image: potd.gif]

"This is my greatest accomplishment."

MY greatest accomplishment. Am I missing something? What did she accomplish? He accomplished something, not her.

Quote: (08-14-2016 09:59 AM)The Wire Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2016 08:32 AM)david.garrett84 Wrote:  

I'd say the real lesson is the importance of game and not shitty texts like "Hey beautiful, watcha up to?"

Game is nothing to fame. This chick would lick his sweaty ass 5 minutes after meeting him in person with that gold medal around his neck and the media stardom he is enjoying.

Bitches love status and "I sucked this guys dick" bragging rights to other sluts is #1 in their minds.

The guy is irrelevant, only his status counts. Vampire whores is what they are.

I see this as nothing, but a positive for the guy. Imagine if she had fucked him previous to his gold medal. Would have been lightening quick to put the guy's business out there for her 15 seconds of attention. Nice involuntary dodge in my opinion.

-CD

Who's more pathetic - a woman who attention whores, which is her nature, or men who pay attention to her for doing so?

He got a gold medal, but she turned him down for sex, which means that she must be even better than he is!

We should give her TWO gold medals!

I think that many men -- and 'sphere dudes in particular -- misunderstand the reason for women's love of, and addiction to, social media. It's really not just attention whoring. Of course there is plenty of that, but it's far from being the whole story, or even most of it.

The even more important reason -- so basic and simple that it can almost be forgotten -- is that most women are very social creatures. They love and enjoy social action, of almost every kind, for its own sake. They love conversation, intrigue, gossip, the whole gamut of the social game, and they love it in the same ineluctable way as many men love driving a car. Women hate boredom and the experience of social isolation, even if it lasts a mere moment; so they're always looking to stir things up, to get some social action going. And this is the one (non-sexual) aspect of life that they are often good and creative at.

Social media provides them with an endless opportunity to do so, and being the simple and direct creatures they are, they take it -- because why wouldn't they? It expands the circle of possibility tremendously -- but it's not merely, or even mainly, for the purpose of directing pointed attention to themselves; that is a part of it and more so in some cases than others, but it's as often as not subsumed in the more basic purpose of just having an ever-replenished and ever-absorbing supply of things to gossip about, to bitch about, to laugh about, to whine about and to share -- and this, for them, is a greater part of life than most men can readily imagine.

If you take this humble Texan slut, is she really posting this Tinder exchange to "attention whore"? Sure, but more than anything she posts it because it's part of her natural social instincts: she sees the dude win the gold medal, she recognizes him from her Tinder, and she's like "OMG, this is so crazy... I have to tweet this!!". She is not really doing this out of a deep seated need for validation as much as because she is a completely social creature and she cannot imagine missing an opportunity to get some action going, maybe some retweets, some correct OMGs and other reactions from her friends in her timeline, even something from her mom (this is from her Twitter account):

[Image: Cp2ERpGUIAA1mZ6.jpg]

If she can get some attention whoring props from this, so much the better -- but it's not really the most basic thing that drives her (and of course the crack that this is her "greatest accomplishment" is meant as a self-deprecating millennial piece of sarcasm, lest someone mistake it for anything else).

Incidentally, this ties in to another misunderstanding that men have which has to do with women in the workplace. Many men -- 'sphere dudes in particular -- imagine that women must be very unhappy to have to work "soul crushing corporate jobs" that feminism has forced them into, and which prevent them from fulfilling their natural destinies as wives and mothers. They imagine that every day spent at such a job is really like a punishment to the typical female that has been duped into it by the prevailing social ideology.

In reality, this is only half-true at best. Women very often LOVE going to work and love precisely the kinds of jobs that most men would find dull and "soul-crushing"; they love undemanding, repetitive work that gives them frequent opportunity to gossip, socialize, and generally interact with people around them. This is a context in which women are in fact more imaginative than men and far more equal to life and to the moment -- where men, very much including the normal cube jock, are so future-fraught and abstraction-obsessed that they see nothing but "soul crushing" dread and vacuity, women see an endless field of action that provides opportunity for intrigue, cooperation, subversion, and every kind of social calibration. They eat it all up; a normal woman going off to a job of this kind is completely in her element and would be horrified if she had to give it up for doing a housewife's chores which would leave her alone for much of the day. Their satisfaction with such an arrangement is no cultural artifact, it is as genuine as it could possibly be.

The problems really come when women are tasked to go beyond working simple and repetitive jobs, and when they are given positions of responsibility that require skill, creativity and judgment. This is something that they are, with very few exceptions, entirely unsuited for -- and that indeed makes them tense, bitchy, miserable and overwrought. A woman in a position of real responsibility will be always anxious, and always coming up short; and this will make her unhappy, and make the men who always have to clean up her messes doubly and triply so. This is what accounts for so much of the misery in today's workplace.

'Sphere dudes like to say that all our problems started with women joining the workforce, but this is not so; in fact, the first couple of decades of women joining the workforce were a kind of paradise, an arrangement which made both sexes very content: women were able to have a place to go to every day where they could perform some simple tasks and gossip and socialize to their heart's content, and men were given the distraction of having women around them in jobs where they could be of some use and could introduce pleasant variety and light intrigue to their days.

The time when the arrangement started going bad came later -- not when feminism told women to take a job, but when it convinced them (and everyone else) that they need to "lean in" and become "fucking great scientists". There is really no need for all women to go back to tending to their families 24/7 (and modern technology makes such a conception obsolete in any case); we just need to stop artificially placing them in positions of responsibility that they are unsuited for and do not enjoy. But if they can be "administrative assistants" who perform their simple and well-specified duties, and spend all their plentiful free time stirring up gossip and intrigue in their daily surroundings as well as on social media, everyone would soon find themselves greatly relieved and satisfied with the way things are.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

The guy's lame messages didn't pass the jumbotron test so I'm not surprised the convo went nowhere. He probably only got the first reply back because he's fit.

Even world-class athletes like him need game or else he's gonna be in Jariel's next installment of "Rich and Famous Men Get Played".

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Thank you, TLOZ

Great analysis TLOZ, but there is one part I can't say is that accurate:

Quote: (08-14-2016 07:16 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

The time when the arrangement started going bad came later -- not when feminism told women to take a job, but when it convinced them (and everyone else) that they need to "lean in" and become "fucking great scientists". There is really no need for all women to go back to tending to their families 24/7 (and modern technology makes such a conception obsolete in any case); we just need to stop artificially placing them in positions of responsibility that they are unsuited for and do not enjoy. But if they can be "administrative assistants" who perform their simple and well-specified duties, and spend all their plentiful free time stirring up gossip and intrigue in their daily surroundings as well as on social media, everyone would soon find themselves greatly relieved and satisfied with the way things are.

I would argue where it started going bad was when society started actively pushing women to go into higher education and start a career. Today it has become something of a complete expectation. It's generally seen as a "waste" if a woman marries and has children fresh out of high school. It's not so much that women now have choices - but rather they are pressured/programmed by society to the far opposite extreme of pre-liberation era women.

I have met very few women, if any, who aspire to enter a challenging and demanding field of work. They still aren't on the cutting edge of technological advancement or scientific discovery of any kind, and they aren't trying to be. The problem stems from a culture where women who have been pushed into a way of life that is designed to not require men, but see them merely as an accessroy for company, entertainment, and sexual pleasure.

This serves to remind me Anglosphere women are glory hunters; I personally saw a military now-exGF who cucked her military BF, before dumping him. Keep in mind this happened before Obama/during W Bush's 2nd term.

Could you imagine a life like this? A life where you lack any real sense of purpose or accomplishment. A life so vapid that a two minute text exchange is the highlight of your life? What a disgrace to evolution.