rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

34 year old (travel) virgin
4 year old (travel) virgin
Hi. I'm new here. I've never got laid on my travels, despite being 34. The nearest thing was a snog in a Madrid nightclub. I'm good looking, but shy and a bit limited on the conservational front.

I am thinking of going away to a European city in September. I was thinking Helsinki. I've been to Berlin and Barcelona before and had no luck. Can someone recommend somewhere where the girls make the first move and where it's easier for a shy guy to get laid? Thanks [Image: smile.gif]
I guess the best you be the shy guy over there work on his problem and be more confident. The first move is only the first.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!
are u white or black?

if ur looking for EASY lays id head to latin america and south east asia.......
Quote: (08-02-2011 12:35 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

are u white or black?

I'm white, with beautiful blue eyes [Image: wink.gif]

I guess I am prepared to make the first move. I generally feel more comfortable away from my own city, so I'll give it ago.

I can only stick to Europe because of a tight budget.
Quote:Quote:

[Image: icon_question.gif] Does not compute.

Go to Peru. Search for it on the forum... lots of recent discussion on how the white man is god there.
if you're really shy, you may want to join the local dating site, transition girls to email/IM, then skype. you'll have some t'd up for you before you get there if you put some time in and you won't have to be aggressive when you're just clicking your mouse.
Quote: (08-02-2011 03:18 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

[Image: icon_question.gif] Does not compute.

Go to Peru. Search for it on the forum... lots of recent discussion on how the white man is god there.

I'm European. I live in the UK. Thanks for the tip though. Great site
Quote: (08-02-2011 12:35 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

are u white or black?

This does not matter at all in Brazil.
that said...

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!
Do NOT go to Helsinki !! Its super expensive and not worth the effort.

Go to South East Asia instead.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.
Quote: (08-01-2011 09:57 PM)prproc Wrote:  

Hi. I'm new here. I've never got laid on my travels, despite being 34. The nearest thing was a snog in a Madrid nightclub. I'm good looking, but shy and a bit limited on the conversational front.

Explain "shy". Are you shy to approach, or you're naturally quiet, even with your male friends? Did you analyze yourself, are you shy because you don't know what to say, because you're afraid you may say something stupid and get adverse reaction, or because you're not comfortable talking to strangers?
Quote: (08-02-2011 06:10 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I know SEA is 'easier', but all reports seem to indicate that Helsinki is the easiest pickings in Europe. What was your experience, NSW?
Quote: (08-02-2011 06:20 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (08-01-2011 09:57 PM)prproc Wrote:  

Hi. I'm new here. I've never got laid on my travels, despite being 34. The nearest thing was a snog in a Madrid nightclub. I'm good looking, but shy and a bit limited on the conversational front.

Explain "shy". Are you shy to approach, or you're naturally quiet, even with your male friends? Did you analyze yourself, are you shy because you don't know what to say, because you're afraid you may say something stupid and get adverse reaction, or because you're not comfortable talking to strangers?

Well come to think of it I can fake confidence. I jst expect a girl to give me the brush off. I'm verbaly slick and perhaps too soft and nice
Quote: (08-02-2011 07:12 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2011 06:10 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I know SEA is 'easier', but all reports seem to indicate that Helsinki is the easiest pickings in Europe. What was your experience, NSW?

Well, to be honest. it would be different if i would go there now. Back in 2009 when i made daytrip there i was still an afc who never even heard of game before. I went there during the day but found out that everything is horribly expensive. I assume the nightlife would kill me there.

I made my statement to the thread opener because he has no experience what so ever , he would get some pussy in South east asia, not in Helsinki.

Grtz Neil

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.
Quote: (08-03-2011 08:36 PM)prproc Wrote:  

Well come to think of it I can fake confidence. I jst expect a girl to give me the brush off. I'm verbaly slick and perhaps too soft and nice

Hmm... are you kind of person yourself who brushes off unwanted approaches? For example, when a telemarketer calls you, do you:

1. Listen to them and excuse yourself politely when appropriate ("Sorry, I'm not interested; could you please remove me from your list?");
2. Just hangup on them;
3. Interrupt their speech, tell them to fuck off and die/you wish their mom didn't have sex with a dog nine months before they were born/whatever insult, and hangup (or even stay on the line)?

If you're type 2 or 3 person like I am, I can share some good news for you. We're a very small minority. The majority of people around are not such anti-social jerks, so even if they don't want to talk to you, this is usually done in a polite, and socially acceptable way. However this is something you have to learn from personal experience, I know it is very hard to accept someone's word for that.

Another problem may be that you're thinking too much before approaching, and your logical brain "talks you out" from the approach. Do you follow the three-second rule? Google it if you don't know it.

A problem with fake confidence may be that your body language is not congruent with your overall behavior. If you approach and consistently get shit tested for confidence, this is a possibility that your body language betrays you. Ask your friend to video record your approaches (on a cell phone, for example) and analyze them later. Or get some coaching.
Quote: (08-04-2011 06:38 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (08-03-2011 08:36 PM)prproc Wrote:  

Hmm... are you kind of person yourself who brushes off unwanted approaches? For example, when a telemarketer calls you, do you:

1. Listen to them and excuse yourself politely when appropriate ("Sorry, I'm not interested; could you please remove me from your list?");
2. Just hangup on them;
3. Interrupt their speech, tell them to fuck off and die/you wish their mom didn't have sex with a dog nine months before they were born/whatever insult, and hangup (or even stay on the line)?

If you're type 2 or 3 person like I am, I can share some good news for you. We're a very small minority. The majority of people around are not such anti-social jerks, so even if they don't want to talk to you, this is usually done in a polite, and socially acceptable way. However this is something you have to learn from personal experience, I know it is very hard to accept someone's word for that.

Another problem may be that you're thinking too much before approaching, and your logical brain "talks you out" from the approach. Do you follow the three-second rule? Google it if you don't know it.

A problem with fake confidence may be that your body language is not congruent with your overall behavior. If you approach and consistently get shit tested for confidence, this is a possibility that your body language betrays you. Ask your friend to video record your approaches (on a cell phone, for example) and analyze them later. Or get some coaching.

Ah, my post above should read I am NOT verbally slick!

To be honest I the jerk who would come up with some lame excuse to the telemarketer 10 mins in to the call [Image: smile.gif]

I'm thinking of going to Berlin instead by the way. I fancy some night game (using dutch courage naturall). I'll be going alone but I think I have a fair chance if I join a pub crawl from a hostel where I'll be staying