rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Skydiver jumps from 26,000ft without a parachute, lands in a net and survives

Pretty ballsy

idk how you can accurately calculate when you need to jump, with 25,000 feet very subtle changes in wind would throw you off course. that is insane.

even if you jumped out of the plane like 2 seconds late you'd be dead.

There must have been so sort of laser tracking system to help him. I'm curious what went into the jump to make sure he could safely land it. No way in hell he just "happened" to be so good at landing on such a tiny target, he had guidance enhancing tools!

I dont know how much it cost this guy to set this up but it was probably a fucking boatload of cash.
This is what happens when people have more money than sense.

I can think of a million better ways to have spent that kind of dough that would have benefitted himself throughout this life.

Does he have a family ? Children ?
If my father spent that kind of cash for purely selfish vainglorious reasons id be pretty pissed off at him for a damn long time.

Quote: (07-31-2016 02:09 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

idk how you can accurately calculate when you need to jump, with 25,000 feet very subtle changes in wind would throw you off course. that is insane.

Not necessarily. They probably chose 25,000ft as the jumping height precisely to allow him time and space to course-correct. A skydiver is not a rock. You can maneuver while falling, and 25,000ft of vertical drop is a lot of space in which to do it.

Quote: (07-31-2016 02:42 PM)Mercenary Wrote:  

I dont know how much it cost this guy to set this up but it was probably a fucking boatload of cash.
This is what happens when people have more money than sense.

I can think of a million better ways to have spent that kind of dough that would have benefitted himself throughout this life.

Does he have a family ? Children ?
If my father spent that kind of cash for purely selfish vainglorious reasons id be pretty pissed off at him for a damn long time.

Come on Merc don't be a buzz kill. I'm sure this guy didn't pay anything anyway. If anything he was probably paid to do this. If not all the sponsors that will come out and support this guy's stunts like RedBull and other companies will more than pay off.

Plus that would probably be one of the most intense things you can do.

Quote: (07-31-2016 02:42 PM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2016 02:09 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

Not necessarily. They probably chose 25,000ft as the jumping height precisely to allow him time and space to course-correct. A skydiver is not a rock. You can maneuver while falling, and 25,000ft of vertical drop is a lot of space in which to do it.

You can reach terminal velocity in well under 2000ft...I believe people have jumped that out of a helicopter. So the 25k number must be to course correct, give time for his spotters to attach and parachute him down if there's a problem or just dramatic effect. The reality is, if you're jumping from 1500 or 25000, there's no real difference.

I bet he's read Gorilla Mindset.

I get where Mercenary is coming from.

People today are passing on meaningful endeavors in favor of death defying acts of mind boggling pointlessness.

There will always be a few true daredevils on the fringes of every society, and as outliers they make sense.

Stuff like this just seems to be extreme upping the ante of Instagram game, with very little weighing of the risks.

I get the feeling that a lot of the people out there taking pictures on skyscrapers, swimming with sharks, doing handstands on cliff edges, and wingsuiting their ways along the tops of treelines believe that they lead a charmed life and that nothing better dare happen to them.

A lot of pointless deaths out there, so the issue of caution is valid, and mostly ignored.

Now on the other hand, if this dude really is a born daredevil, and knew exactly what he was doing and what the risks were, it is pretty bad ass.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

He almost missed... landed well out of the green square.

Guys he's got 18000 jumps under his belt. Guy knew what he was doing and how to hit a spot. Its one of the things you need to learn how to do when skydiving. I say this as a guy with 13 jumps.

Usually the procedure is looking out the airplane, while its in the air cruising at the altitude you'll jump at, to spot out your landing zone and then when you jump you can maneuver around. no lazer tracking system is required. If he had any instrument it would be an altimeter.

Where i do it, we jump at 13500ft up in the air. I think above 20k you need oxygen so thats why you see him wearing a mask at the beginning of the video.

He's skilled at precision landings, which is greatly aided by these:

[Image: 1big-brass.jpg]

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (07-31-2016 03:52 PM)CaptainChardonnay Wrote:  

Guys he's got 18000 jumps under his belt. Guy knew what he was doing and how to hit a spot. Its one of the things you need to learn how to do when skydiving. I say this as a guy with 13 jumps.

Usually the procedure is looking out the airplane, while its in the air cruising at the altitude you'll jump at, to spot out your landing zone and then when you jump you can maneuver around. no lazer tracking system is required. If he had any instrument it would be an altimeter.

Where i do it, we jump at 13500ft up in the air. I think above 20k you need oxygen so thats why you see him wearing a mask at the beginning of the video.

Fucking stupid if you ask me. A pointless stunt.

Jumping from 25,000 feet had nothing to with giving him time to manoeuvre, it was probably chosen only because it's high and sounds impressive, and maybe because it justifies the use of oxygen.

I'm a qualified skydiver, although I haven't jumped in a few years. And believe it or not it gets boring. Leaping into thin air is a massive buzz but once you settle into freefall it becomes boring quite quickly (after a few jumps). Once you pull the cord and you're floating down to earth in your parachute all you want to do is get down as soon as possible and re-pack so you can get back up and make that leap into nothing again. Rinse and repeat.

This is why guys push the boundaries and do stupid things like climb out of their parachute and hang off the straps before climbing back in, cut away their main chute and pull their reserve, BASE jumping (although I think that's legit), and now stunts like this.

With regards to learning how to hit a spot when you're skydiving - hitting a spot while drifting to earth in a parachute is totally different to hitting a spot at terminal velocity. It doesn't matter how many jumps you've got under your belt, how can you practise this?

How long till some other dumbass gives it a go, makes a slight misjudgement and becomes a human pancake.

Quote: (07-31-2016 04:22 PM)Lagavulin Wrote:  

Jumping from 25,000 feet had nothing to with giving him time to manoeuvre, it was probably chosen only because it's high and sounds impressive, and maybe because it justifies the use of oxygen.

I'm a qualified skydiver, although I haven't jumped in a few years. And believe it or not it gets boring. Leaping into thin air is a massive buzz but once you settle into freefall it becomes boring quite quickly (after a few jumps). Once you pull the cord and you're floating down to earth in your parachute all you want to do is get down as soon as possible and re-pack so you can get back up and make that leap into nothing again. Rinse and repeat.

This is why guys push the boundaries and do stupid things like climb out of their parachute and hang off the straps before climbing back in, cut away their main chute and pull their reserve, BASE jumping (although I think that's legit), and now stunts like this.

With regards to learning how to hit a spot when you're skydiving - hitting a spot while drifting to earth in a parachute is totally different to hitting a spot at terminal velocity. It doesn't matter how many jumps you've got under your belt, how can you practise this?

How long till some other dumbass gives it a go, makes a slight misjudgement and becomes a human pancake.

You seem angry. No shit it was a "pointless stunt." Is regular skydiving any less pointless? Unless you're dropping behind Taliban lines at night with your pimped-out M4 and night-vision goggles, there is no logical, good reason to jump out of a plane in the first place yet people do it all the time, for fun, you included.

You pushed your own boundaries when you did your first jump. This guy is simply doing the same thing, now that he's performed 18,000 regular jumps and doing regular jump 18,001 doesn't really make much sense from a theory of diminishing returns perspective.

[Image: Uyzdxlu.gif]

Quote: (07-31-2016 04:34 PM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2016 04:22 PM)Lagavulin Wrote:  

You seem angry. No shit it was a "pointless stunt." Is regular skydiving any less pointless? Unless you're dropping behind Taliban lines at night with your pimped-out M4 and night-vision goggles, there is no logical, good reason to jump out of a plane in the first place yet people do it all the time, for fun, you included.

You pushed your own boundaries when you did your first jump. This guy is simply doing the same thing, now that he's performed 18,000 regular jumps and doing regular jump 18,001 doesn't really make much sense from a theory of diminishing returns perspective.

[Image: Uyzdxlu.gif]

I'm not angry in the slightest. Nice gif though [Image: lol.gif]

At least when you jump for fun you have a parachute and a reserve, the accident/fatality rate is minuscule in comparison with the perceived risk.

Go to any drop zone and you will find that there are many controls in place in order to minimise risk and make the pursuit as safe as possible for those that choose to jump - particularly for those that need saving from themselves. Stuff like this completely removes all of that.

The logic that he's done 18,000 jumps so should be allowed to jump with no parachute because he's bored seems flawed to me. When I got bored with skydiving I took up skiing, but each to their own.

Notice the subtle dig at the end of the video about it being a long before his wife "lets" him do it again.

Balls of steel. Period.

That said, I will never jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Quote: (07-31-2016 05:46 PM)RichardCranium Wrote:  

Notice the subtle dig at the end of the video about it being a long before his wife "lets" him do it again.

Yea, the narrator is passive aggressive, barely hiding his seething jealousy of the daredevil. When they interview the wife, she's pensively hopeful that her husband will complete the jump alive. The husband had the final say, and clearly has the upper hand in the relationship. The narrator probably has to settle for table scraps on OKC, and taking the ballsy skydiver down a peg anonymously is all he can muster.

Saw this on the news. My first thought was that he almost missed the net at that high speed, despite a reported 18 months of planning.

Nevertheless he's very brave and optimistic. It's actually amazing what the human body can withstand.

That was fucking epic, that must have been an incredible rush turning his back to the net right before impact.

I hope he made a shit ton of money from this.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

All of the guys talking shit on this thread are straight up faggots.

The guy who performed this is badass.

Because of guys like this we made it to the moon. Pushing limits with this kind of balls is what gave us modern civilization. A world of women would never have taken the risks it too to shape the world we have today. It's what separates us and what makes us able to accomplish great things. Sure, skydiving does little for man's progress but it's this attitude that sets us apart.

Hats off to this guy.

Guys he's got 18000 jumps under his belt.

18000 jumps ??

Even if he did 1 jump a day every day of the year it would take him 49 years to do that many jumps.
You sure about that number ?

Quote: (07-31-2016 05:50 PM)thoughtgypsy Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2016 05:46 PM)RichardCranium Wrote:  

Yea, the narrator is passive aggressive, barely hiding his seething jealousy of the daredevil. When they interview the wife, she's pensively hopeful that her husband will complete the jump alive. The husband had the final say, and clearly has the upper hand in the relationship. The narrator probably has to settle for table scraps on OKC, and taking the ballsy skydiver down a peg anonymously is all he can muster.

I didn't see the video.... how hot is his wife ?
Is being such an "brass balls daredevil" getting him top notch pussy or not ?