rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dutch Men, Latvian Women revealed as world's tallest

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36888541

Quote:Quote:

When it comes to height, Dutch men and Latvian women tower over all other nationalities, a study reveals.

The average Dutchman is now 183cm (6ft) tall, while the average Latvian woman reaches 170cm (5ft 7in).

The research, published in the journal eLife, has tracked growth trends in 187 countries since 1914.

It finds Iranian men and South Korean women have had the biggest spurts, increasing their height by an average of more than 16cm (6in) and 20cm (8in).

Top 10 Men

Netherlands (12)
Belgium (33)
Estonia (4)
Latvia (13)
Denmark (9)
Bosnia and Herzegovina (19)
Croatia (22)
Serbia (30)
Iceland (6)
Czech Republic (24)

Top 10 Women

Latvia (28)
Netherlands (38)
Estonia (16)
Czech Republic (69)
Serbia (93)
Slovakia (26)
Denmark (11)
Lithuania (41)
Belarus (42)
Ukraine (43)

Some interesting takeaways from my personal experience. I would have thought that Dutch, German, Scandi women would be in the top here too, since they always seemed very tall to me.

It's probably that they're more bulky and so look taller, where as EE women are slimmer, longer legs.

I don't prefer tall women, mostly because the taller the girl, the better her proportions need to be. A lot of Northern Euro tall girls look chunky amazon like when they are tall, but I did date one danish girl who must have been 175-180cm and a Dutch girl who was taller than me in heels, but they had great proportions and curves. On the flip side it was always fun to date 150cm filipinas and thais and throw them around.

[Image: Blonde-walk-in-Riga-Latvia.Or-when-vapid...honour.jpg]

I thought Tutsi women were the tallest.

Maybe they aren't counting the added forehead height.

There's no African people in the top 10? Really?

Quote: (07-30-2016 12:16 PM)Sumanguru Wrote:  

I know there are some tribes in Africa such as the Masai who are tall, but not as a general population. Remember, nutrition is bad in Africa too which severely impacts height.

Why do they all have chihuahuas? The one on the left looks like a drunk disney character.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Dutch people are fucking tall. 185-190CM seems to be the norm for the guys I've met <30.

I thought Scandinavians are the tallest. I am even shorter than even their women.

Don't debate me.

Quote: (07-30-2016 12:32 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2016 12:16 PM)Sumanguru Wrote:  

I know there are some tribes in Africa such as the Masai who are tall, but not as a general population.

Hm. Now that I look closer, it does say, "Tallest Nationalities," to clarify against "Tallest People (i.e. Race/ethnicity)" Then I'm not really sure how worthwhile the study is. Because I'm pretty sure the Masai people, and others in Africa, are taller on average than the Dutch people. I wonder if examining and framing it within the context of nationalities is too limiting in this case.

[Image: 64d15046adb308b9bf1c7af8c7301b606b890aa9...d62a_1.jpg]

Its a testament to improved diet (amount & quality) that within 2-3 generations your country can come back from being a nation of manlets, to become a nation of manmores. No longer will the international politics be the same - where people talked over you and none of the American interns wanted to hear your after hours speech in the embassy bathrooms.

The sins of their fathers and grandfathers were not visited upon the son's, but instead were gifted a special place in the master race that is 6 foot tall or greater. Showing those peasants outside of Europe that whilst eating many calories makes you bigger, it doesn't always go upwards.

[Image: fatter.gif] [Image: american.gif]

It appears that in this instance, European manlets did learn.

[Image: 01.JPG]

^^^Is that Phil Heath? He's 5' 9", so the other guy must be around 7' 6".

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Interesting results. Are the Dutch going to take over the NBA in a generation?

First thing I notice is all of these nations are relatively small, the biggest is the Netherlands with 17 Million.

Larger nations are likely to have more immigrants and obviously more inequality in healthcare and social economics which affect height. Also more diverse genes in the population.

In small nations like Serbia, Estonia and Iceland for example the average heights will be more similar (whether thats short or tall) due to more homogenity vs a place like Canada, UK or the States where heights are all over the place so the average will be lower.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

The US average height will probably go down due to immigration from South and Central America.

I used to live near MacArthur Park near downtown Los Angeles and I was a giant there. - there a high Honduran, El Salvadorean, Guatemalan population there.

I'm of average height (5'10") and I towered over most of them. The link in the OP says that Guatemalan women are the shortest in the world. I've seen adult women around 4'8" in LA.

When I moved to the westside near the beach, the population was mostly white and most guys were either my height or taller.

Quote: (07-30-2016 06:35 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

The US average height will probably go down due to immigration from South and Central America.

I used to live near MacArthur Park near downtown Los Angeles and I was a giant there. - there a high Honduran, El Salvadorean, Guatemalan population there.

I'm of average height (5'10") and I towered over most of them. The link in the OP says that Guatemalan women are the shortest in the world. I've seen adult women around 4'8" in LA.

When I moved to the westside near the beach, the population was mostly white and most guys were either my height or taller.

Questionable. Women consistently choose taller men to fuck and breed with. This is the primary reason height is increasing all over the world, it's sexual selection, not nutrition like touted all over the internet. Due to abundance and welfare, shorter men are not passing their genes on like in the past. The Guatemalan females will adapt to American lifestyle and breed with taller men and after a few generations the shorter genes will be phased out, again, by sexual selection.

[quote='nomadbrah' pid='1362523' dateline='1469897089']
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36888541

[Image: Blonde-walk-in-Riga-Latvia.Or-when-vapid...honour.jpg]

Rather than try to pick out the girls I WNB I'd just bang all and not sweat whatever ugly chick might be there.

Quote: (07-30-2016 06:48 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  

Quote: (07-30-2016 06:35 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Questionable. Women consistently choose taller men to fuck and breed with. This is the primary reason height is increasing all over the world, it's sexual selection, not nutrition like touted all over the internet.Due to abundance and welfare, shorter men are not passing their genes on like in the past. The Guatemalan females will adapt to American lifestyle and breed with taller men and after a few generations the shorter genes will be phased out, again, by sexual selection.

I've been to Guate and felt like an NBA player. Lots of 5"2 people there.

I agree with the bolded but I think its both. I dated a Guatemalan chick in America, her and her family moved to the US when she was 10. She was about 5'2 or 5"3 and her two older brothers were around 5"5 but her younger brother that was born in the states was normal American height 5"9 or 5"10 and overweight like most Americans. I think nutrition and healthcare plays a significant role in adult height.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Nutrition definitely matters, look at the Chinese, they're now quite tall actually, when I was in China last time I was very surprised by how many tall Chinese there were, though I suspect some of it is artificial, growth hormones and the like.

Quote: (07-30-2016 06:09 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Interesting results. Are the Dutch going to take over the NBA in a generation?

No.

Germans, Scandinavians etc. may seem like good candidates for basketball, but the best players are definitely Slavic and Baltic. They have longer arms and seemingly more athleticism.

Quote: (07-30-2016 07:34 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Nutrition definitely matters, look at the Chinese, they're now quite tall actually, when I was in China last time I was very surprised by how many tall Chinese there were, though I suspect some of it is artificial, growth hormones and the like.

This must be it (nutrition-wise), as the Dutch were of average European height only 2 centuries ago (can't find article).

Anecdote: A Dutch-American bandmate of mine was 6'8".

Quote: (07-30-2016 08:18 PM)Sombro Wrote:  

This must be it (nutrition-wise), as the Dutch were of average European height only 2 centuries ago (can't find article).

Anecdote: A Dutch-American bandmate of mine was 6'8".

Northern Europeans have been tall since people began noticing these things and even in prehistoric times. The Cro-Magnon were about 176-178cm on average and seveal taller (as tall as 190cm+), and these lived 30.000 years ago.

It was agriculture which made people grow shorter, less protein rich diet. Then height actually steadily declined until the industrial age where people were very short and then began to grow again.

The tall stature of Northerners is genetic though, remarked upon by everyone from the Romans to the Arabians, Northern Europeans have always been the tallest in Europe (probably all the world except a few African tribes).

The reason Han-Chinese were so short is because of a similiar impoverished rice diet lacking protein. I think a max natural height would be similar to highly developed South Korea, that is around 175cm.

Yes, definitely a matter of nutrition as opposed to breeding patterns (whose effects tend to be overestimated). Growth hormones in meat and dairy.

Older males are shorter, and in places like Scandinavia or Germany their numbers are large relative to young adults. Are they averaging out the male population across age groups, or are they only looking at young men? Because those averages seem a bit short, I'm 6' and I feel really short among young scandis or dutch...

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

It's mostly/wholly nutrition.

The sexual selection argument above is rubbish and doesn't make sense when you think about it properly.

Here's another thing. 15 years ago, when I was a teenager, I was unusually tall @ 6'4" compared to just about everyone.

I'm still much taller than *most* people...but, I see loads and loads of teenagers now that are as tall or taller.

I'm spending a lot of time in the Mediterranean and thus come across thousands of Northern European tourists over the years. I'm six foot and back in the days (when dinosaurs ruled the world) I was considered to be fairly tall. These days I feel tiny, all the NE teens and twens are at least 6'2, many are taller. Even the girls are at least 6' tall, and I'm not surprised that how many of the new migrants resort to raping/groping as they would never have a fair chance with those girls.

The Dutch say it's related to food but I think it's only part of this phenomenon. Most likely the last two/three generations of skanks have been able to get impregnated by taller and taller guys. Gals will always go for superior genes - if you're taller you automatically are considered better gene material. There is a reason why DNA tests are prohibited in many NE countries - I'd hazard to guess that at least 1/3 of NE fathers are raising a cowbird/cuckoo.

What I've also noticed however, contrary to what someone else mentioned above, is that few of those guys look athletic. They are just tall and lanky. Also they don't seem to be particularly interesting or passionate about anything. They just are, you know.

Personally I would love to add another inch or two but beyond that honestly I'm not sure how that would affect for example my fighting/athletic ability. Those guys may be good at basketball and perhaps running but in a street fight I'm pretty sure I'm faster and especially would do better on the ground (unless getting pinned down). So yeah - another 2 (vertical - hehe) inches would be great but more than that is a bit of a bother. It's much harder to get around with so much weight/size to carry around and your calorie intake grows exponentially.

Now contrary to my opinions I have read somewhere that back in the hunter/gatherer days human beings were taller, stronger, and faster than we are today. So heck maybe I'm talking out of my ass...

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (07-30-2016 11:23 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

The sexual selection argument above is rubbish and doesn't make sense when you think about it properly.

I thought about it properly and then improperly. Made sense to me both times.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote: (07-30-2016 11:23 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Research has shown there is link in a high diet in Vitamin D, and low consumption of fast food.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/314726...ht-growth/

Red meat has a lot of vitamin D, naturally.

Dutch diet consist of a lot of red meat.

I can only imagine how big humans can be if they feasted on Elk, moose and goat milk. (Just a theory)

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance