rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Abundance mentality

Abundance mentality

Been thinking about The principles of abundance mentality. Is it really as simple as believing in your mind that no matter how hot/cool/sexy the girl you were with was, that there will be another one around the corner?

For those that can naturally think that way, that's a pretty lucky trait.

I still sometimes struggle with it and do occasionally get hung up on one particular girl if I valued her especially high. What do y'all think?

Abundance mentality

Abundance mentality does not work unless you have real, viable options. Cognitive dissonance is the result when this mentality does not match up with your realistic prospects. This another example of taking something that you read off the internet and not having the experiential basis to truly understand in practice what is all about.

A man with little prospects and experience with women may try to convince himself that if it doesn't work with this girl, there will be others. It is a nice sentiment, but it is pure fantasy unless he has real life options.

Abundance mentality

Quote: (07-22-2016 05:39 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

Abundance mentality does not work unless you have real, viable options. Cognitive dissonance is the result when this mentality does not match up with your realistic prospects. This another example of taking something that you read off the internet and not having the experiential basis to truly understand in practice what is all about.

A man with little prospects and experience with women may try to convince himself that if it doesn't work with this girl, there will be others. It is a nice sentiment, but it is pure fantasy unless he has real life options.

Amen Brother. You do not have abundance mentality till you have two or more plates. Cheers

Abundance mentality

Dantes hit it right on the nose.

The way to adopt the abundance mentality, is to have enough girls you can call or have on rotation where when you go out, you don't care whether or not if you bring someone home.

Abundance mentality is a beautiful thing. It puts your confidence through the roof, and it helps you tremendously in pulling women when you go out on dates, or out with some buddies to a local bar.

When you are out, you are so much more relaxed, because you have no care in the world whether or not you find a woman to take home. Women will notice this attitude and will naturally flock to you because you aren't some try hard who spits the same shit as every other guy that approaches her.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Abundance mentality

You cant think your way into an abundance mentality, its something you have to experience first hand. Once you start playing the game, and havr multiple options you will understand.

Abundance mentality

The "mentality" part of abundance mentality can only take you so far. You must have real options. This is true not just with women but everything in life. If you're in a "hot" field and can easily find another job, you are able to quit at the drop of the hat. If you've been trying tosell your house and this is the first offer in 6 months, you're in a different position than if you have multiple offers a week after it's on the market.

Abundance mentality

It's more about knowing that you have what it takes to meet and get another girl. If you don't know that yet or you have no first hand experience of doing that then it's nothing but an enthusiasm and hope.

Abundance mentality

Theres 3.5 billion women in the world, how do you struggle with abundance mentality?

Abundance mentality

Quote: (07-25-2016 04:16 PM)XXL Wrote:  

It's more about knowing that you have what it takes to meet and get another girl. If you don't know that yet or you have no first hand experience of doing that then it's nothing but an enthusiasm and hope.

I agree. I'm not in a position to always have a girl or two "on call", I've been fortunate to be in that position sometimes, but for me so far at least it's been unsustainable 24/7/365.

But I've had enough successes to know that whatever happens, if I just keep going out from time to time, throwing out a few messages on online dating sites, and generally doing my thing, another will come along. It might not happen tomorrow, or even this week, but it's not like it's gonna be years.

When you have the mentality, the uncertainty actually feels more like an adventure than a burdensome anxiety. Who knows where the road will lead, or what the tide will bring in?

Abundance mentality

There are always another girls. But I also struggle with this stuff. I am much more satisfied while dating one girl worth it, then meeting more girls, who do not impress me so much and only satisfy me physically.
For this case, the only solution is probably the only option. Go on. The more girls make you feel pain, the smaller pain is each attempt. And in the end, there´s always another one around the corner.

"Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

Abundance mentality

It can be hard to cultivate, yes.
The easiest way to do it in my opinion is to stare at lots of girls. Just watch and imagine fucking them. Do that a few weeks and work up the nerve to talk to some and it may develop. Persistence pays.

Abundance mentality

Quote: (07-22-2016 04:42 PM)Scooby6987 Wrote:  

Been thinking about The principles of abundance mentality. Is it really as simple as believing in your mind that no matter how hot/cool/sexy the girl you were with was, that there will be another one around the corner?

For those that can naturally think that way, that's a pretty lucky trait.

I still sometimes struggle with it and do occasionally get hung up on one particular girl if I valued her especially high. What do y'all think?

The reality is that there are ALWAYS MORE hot/cool/sexy girls/women.

If what you have meets your needs, you're good to go, if it doesn't you can't be afraid to go after what does. When you're afraid you get stuck, with a woman, a shitty job, etc. If you don't believe you can get more you won't try to get more even if more is all around you. Men that can't see and realize their potential are blind to opportunities that are right in front of their faces.

Abundance mentality

I think youre asking the wrong question. Without an abundance mentality, you'll pedestalize women. This is true.
But the more important question is, how do you get this mentality?

Go out and meet a ton of women. Learn game, and apply it on these women, work hard and gain some recognition in your professional field, and I think a lot of stuff will fall into place. More experienced forum members can chip in along this line.

PS: practice some visualization and affirmations first thing every morning. Thank me later.

Abundance mentality

Great MikeCF article/podcast about this topic:

http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/07/08/...mentality/

Once you confirm that you are enough and have enough, not much time to stress over chicks.

Abundance mentality

One thing that I have not read any one posting is that if you are hung up on whether you can achieve this mythical abundance mentality, I ask that you reflect on this question: What do you have to lose?

If you know that you have nothing to lose. If you know that life is short. If you start to reflect on the fact that it will be you, or some one else; abundance will eventualy manifest itself into your life.

So what if you don't have any bitches? So what if you failed a hundred times? You will fail again, especially steering the direction of your life with a lack mentality. Every one starts from somewhere. I guarantee you that the most successful people in life built their empire on a foundation of failures.

If you speak it, it will become true. If you seek it, you will find. If you persevere and do not give up, no matter how much you potentially might fail...keep going. It is worth the risk.

Life is risky. Most people are afraid to try, because of the risk of dissapointment and failure. But I have something else for you to think about:

You are not going to get out of this world alive. So, if some one is afraid to live a certain lifestyle, because of fear, doubt and risk?

What happens when you see the cost of not trying?

Abundance mentality

I disagree that you need to have active plates in order to have an abundance mentality. I think at bottom it is most important to realize that there are effectively an infinite number of women and infinite amount of opportunities.

Abundance mentality

^ I agree with Batman 100%. Progress is one of the best motivators there is.

Abundance mentality

It's more than just having options; plenty of men have options but still live in scarcity, worrying that they'll lose them, seeing another man's success as their loss, etc. On the other hand if you have no women it is more difficult to have an abundance mindset. It really comes down to understanding how somebody with an abundance mindset thinks, and getting out and putting in the work until it comes. For somebody just starting out, or coming out of a relationship, you really do just have to claw your way up, but then at some point you reach a tipping point and get onto an upwards spiral of success.

Abundance mentality

"The only way to have an abundance mentality is to have an abundance reality"(sic)-WIA

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Abundance mentality

The man that has no sauce, is lost. But that same man can get lost, in the sauce.-Gucci Mane.

Having sauce is having confidence. If you have no confidence, you are lost. But having too much confidence, with no humility....not being grounded. Will lead you to failure.

Abundance mentality

Quote: (04-30-2018 10:35 AM)BlackFriar Wrote:  

The man that has no sauce, is lost. But that same man can get lost, in the sauce.-Gucci Mane.

Having sauce is having confidence. If you have no confidence, you are lost. But having too much confidence, with no humility....not being grounded. Will lead you to failure.

How much is too much confidence ?
What is the threshold you should not go over ?
What could be the ground for overconfidence if it exists ?
Is that staement wrong ?

Quote:Heartiste Wrote:

XI. Be irrationally self-confident

No matter what your station in life, stride through the world without apology or excuse. It does not matter if objectively you are not the best man a woman can get; what matters is that you think and act like you are. Women have a dog’s instinct for uncovering weakness in men; don’t make it easy for them. Self-confidence, warranted or not, triggers submissive emotional responses in women. Irrational self-confidence will get you more pussy than rational defeatism.

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Abundance mentality

There are four types of confidence:

1. Rational confidence: confidence in objective traits you (righlty of wrongly) think you possess. For example, you are confident that you have a high IQ or that you are a good basketball player.

2. Behavioral confidence: firm handshake and winning smile

3. Optimistic confidence, or Audacity: you overestimate the chance of success of your endeavours and/or you are risk seeking.

4. Ontological confidence, or Pride: you think that your ontological value is high (the value of your soul, if you like) irrespective of your objective worth.

Heartiste is referring to ontological confidence. Ontological confidence should be high to very high. Rational confidence should be just right (don’t fool yourself into thinking you are smarter or more attractive than you are). Optimistic confidence should be appropriate for the risks you can afford. Behavioral confidence should be subordinated to how you want to perceived, sometimes modest, sometimes arrogant, as required.

Abundance mentality

And yes, women are very much like dogs. If you show weakness they attack, if you don’t they submit.