rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cities that have good/bad nightlife during weekdays?

Which cities have you encountered that had great nightlife 7 days per week? What cities were dead during during the week but were popping on weekends?

I found that Budapest was great every day of the week. There was always a venue that was popping during the week. Weekdays was the best time to go to the touristy bars (Szimpla, Instant). Reykjavik was the opposite. It was amazing during the weekends, but dead Sunday-Thursday. Do not go out those days if you are hoping to find lively nightlife.

Depends alot on country, culture, venue and weather.

I can write book about Belgrade but popularity of venues change so quick that normal player cannot keep up. Last year i had good success in techno/EDM clubs. Now, time has changed and alot of hot girls are going to pop up restaurant to show off status on smartphone. I need to be in constant aware state to keep up.

In general, the more popular the place, the more men which means worse options.

Better questoin would be, which nightlife venues attract more women than men in which city. I would be very interested in datasheet like this because i do not know any. Nothing but cock in Belgrade these days.

New York is really good for Weekdays. Weekends in NYC are kinda bunk in the popular areas, just too many people.

Hong Kong has great nightlife every day. For example:
- Sunday: student clubs up by CityU and BaptistU
- Monday: TST
- Tuesday: LKF, TST
- Wednesday: Race night in Causeway Bay and ladies night in Wanchai
- Thurs-Sat: LKF

NYC, London, Berlin and Ibiza (summer only) also have pretty good nightlife during the week.

I was only there briefly a few years ago, but based on that experience and also what I've read, Sao Paulo's nightlife is world class with venues to cater to virtually any sort of class background. It's definitely the largest and most varied in Latin America.

I went to show bar lounge (permanently closed now) and Carioca Club in Pinheiros the infamous Love Story in Centro during the week.

As it has been said: "You can hit a different spot every day for 3-4 months and not even scratch the surface of what this city has to offer".

I can't wait for the day I return to further explore that massive metropolis.

obvously Las Vegas is legit during the weekdays

Monday- Marquee Mondays at Cosmo. Locals drink for free from 10-11 pm. Top 40, but obviously if a EDM artist is coming out they'll play EDM, same with hip hop, etc

Tuesday- Hyde Nightclub inside of Bellagio. This is more top 40

Wednesday- Drais inside of The Cromwell

Thursday- Tao nightclub

Anyone have insight on Prague or Vienna in terms of weekday partying?

Helsinki, Stockholm are boring during the week (besides thursday in Stockholm)

Quote: (07-20-2016 08:10 PM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

New York is really good for Weekdays. Weekends in NYC are kinda bunk in the popular areas, just too many people.

Tel Aviv is exactly the same.
However our weekend starts Thursday till Saturday.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Berlin.

Berlin, Barcelona, Budapest, Buenos Aires, OCMD or Jersey Shore during the summer, New York.

Anywhere with a lot of tourists is a good bet.

Quote: (07-21-2016 05:33 PM)Iso Wrote:  

Anyone have insight on Prague or Vienna in terms of weekday partying?

Never been to Prague, but Vienna definitely has weekday partying, gotta find a local to find where it's at though. PM me I have a few chicks there I can ask

I would imagine all the alpha and beta level world cities that have are wealthy and have decent tourism can support a healthy weekday nightlife, London,Madrid, NY, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Paris, Vegas, etc. Despite a large population I found Bogota pretty dead during the week but I think locals can't afford to go out all the time. It may have improved now that tourism has increased.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Bumping this thread and look specifically for European suggestions excluding London.
Euro Cities whose (mainstream) clubs are alive say on Thursday or Wednesday.
Budget is not an issue. I am more of a nightclub owl than a day gamer.

There is always a club(s) for game every night of the week in both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Helsinki is bad for night game during weekdays.

Quote: (09-27-2018 05:59 AM)emoney Wrote:  

How bad?

How is it on the weekends? What does the ratio look like in a good club?

I can list off a number of cities in SE Asia which have both good and bad midweek scene but I've noticed that the general driver behind a city having a good midweek scene tends to depend on it having either or both of:

1. Big student contingent (with the colleges/uni's being centrally located)
2. Tends to get a lot of tourists (non-family)

A potential third driver would be that if it's a popular hub for business, but that tends to mean that the midweek scene is more hooker heavy generally

Of course it's not always the case and there are a few outlier cities to the above rule. But it has been my general observations.

Irish

Good in europe:

Barcelona, Prague, Budapest, Paris, Madrid, Lisbon, Amsterdam

During semesters, nightlife if also good during the week in smaller cities like Lille.

HONGKONG has ok night life during th week.

It’s mostly work people in central going up to lkf for a couple of drinks, but not really partying. Similar to London some would say.

If you want to party big you have to wait until weekend.

One plus side is Sunday in HONGKONG is very very lively compared to cities in the west. You hardly feel it’s sunday at all, and clubs in wanchai are all open.

As mentioned a few times, Berlin.

From my experience, Kraków and 2 other Polish cities, and 2 Czech cities that I won't name in public.

Split and Dubrovnik during summer, Belgrade.

In Asia: Hong Kong; Singapore is kinda hit and miss during weekdays. I was able to go out every night in HCMC. In summer, Tokyo has loads of weekday nightlife going on. Guangzhou and Xiamen are somewhat inconsistent in weekday shit, but they have a cool Miami sort of vibe.

Best nightlife I've encountered was in Sao Paulo, NYC, and Medellin

emoney Wrote:
How bad?

How is it on the weekends? What does the ratio look like in a good club?

Disagree. There are options Wednesday and Thursday for sure. On Sunday to Tuesday only Milli Club and the karaoke bar I forgot the name.

Quote: (10-05-2018 05:10 PM)Crash_Bandicoot Wrote:  

Best nightlife I've encountered was in Sao Paulo, NYC, and Medellin
Some of the worst nightlife I've encountered was in Sao Paulo, NYC and Medellin.