rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

War on spammers

War on spammers

The forum is being hit hard by spammers lately. I've undertaken two countermeasures:

-Signatures will not be displayed until you hit 10 posts
-You can't post any links until 10 posts

Keep hitting the report button if you see a spam post.

War on spammers

Maybe you can install this plugin too: http://community.mybb.com/thread-88510.html

War on spammers

Problem is I'm getting human spam. Guys from third world countries (mostly India) are typing out the captcha codes.

War on spammers

http://mods.mybb.com/view/goodbye-spammer

This will help you quickly delete all their posts and ban them and stuff like that if they spam.

War on spammers

The signature and upload limitation should help considerably.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

War on spammers

You could also try banning entire IP ranges. Most of these SEO companies are based in a few of the large cities.

War on spammers

Quote: (07-28-2011 04:14 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Problem is I'm getting human spam. Guys from third world countries (mostly India) are typing out the captcha codes.

Human spam? Damn these people got way too much free time.

War on spammers

Quote:Quote:

Damn these people got way too much free time.

People pay for "SEO services" and some guy in India or Pakistan goes around spamming forums with the client's URL.

War on spammers

And the spam actually gives a rate of return huh?

War on spammers

Feel free to ban indian cities

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

War on spammers

Quote: (07-29-2011 05:14 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Feel free to ban indian cities

No offense, but isn't that kind of a drastic measure?

I hate spammers too, but what happens to other guys who are in India right now and they get shut out because entire cities are banned?

Game is not about sex. Sex is a by-product, albeit an excellent one, it is the thrill of the hunt!!

War on spammers

i wonder if that indian troll is behind all this - trying to get back at the forum n shit

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

War on spammers

Quote: (07-28-2011 04:07 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

The forum is being hit hard by spammers lately. I've undertaken two countermeasures:

-Signatures will not be displayed until you hit 10 posts
-You can't post any links until 10 posts

Keep hitting the report button if you see a spam post.

Another idea: Could you make it so people cannot send personal messages until 10 posts have been made?

Sometimes I get spam ad's from accounts with zero posts.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.