rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone in the nightlife/dj industry?

Looking for some career advice, and stories of other peoples experiences in the field. If you don't feel comfortable posting them, please DM me.

I am gearing up for the back to school season and hope to be djing 2-3 nights a week from now until jan 1.

Quote: (07-28-2011 03:16 PM)amistod Wrote:  

Looking for some career advice, and stories of other peoples experiences in the field. If you don't feel comfortable posting them, please DM me.

I am gearing up for the back to school season and hope to be djing 2-3 nights a week from now until jan 1.

Do you want to build your career in DJ industry?

Yes, I am just looking for more people that have experience in the field. I could use some solid advice.

Quote: (07-29-2011 07:58 AM)amistod Wrote:  

Yes, I am just looking for more people that have experience in the field. I could use some solid advice.

I will ask some of my friends and let you know.

Quote: (07-29-2011 08:08 AM)Bretjsarena05 Wrote:  

Quote: (07-29-2011 07:58 AM)amistod Wrote:  

I will ask some of my friends and let you know.

a little Off topic:

amistod, I heard that Tiesto (the famous dj to those who might not know) is coming to Athens on sept 25. You should try to ask him for some career pointers!

I will probably be getting tickets to that btw. You heard about this?

I am thinking about it. I did cop Skrillex tix for December.

I guess this is a joke, because it has to be near impossible to get withing 20 feet of him...

Quote: (07-29-2011 12:46 PM)amistod Wrote:  

I am thinking about it. I did cop Skrillex tix for December.

I guess this is a joke, because it has to be near impossible to get withing 20 feet of him...

Sort of. [Image: wink.gif] I had no idea who he was until my friend called me and asked me what I was doing that weekend.

Yeah a lot of the kids are pissed because of the venue.. I saw flaming lips there a few years ago and it's an auditorium with all seats.. I don't wanna techno wiggle in my seat. Should be a riot..

Quote: (07-29-2011 02:55 PM)amistod Wrote:  

Yeah a lot of the kids are pissed because of the venue.. I saw flaming lips there a few years ago and it's an auditorium with all seats.. I don't wanna techno wiggle in my seat. Should be a riot..

Amistod , I worked 23 years in the nightlife industry from 16 to almost 39 . I started doing sound and lighting did a little security got back into the lighting and sound end of the business and worked with some huge international DJ's on the regular . I am located in NYC if you have any questions please PM I will be glad to share storys and maybe able to help with a few connections . I actually finished As host and GM of a stripclub chain in the NYC area .

what kind of music? if your djing house music the only way u will make a career for yourself is if you are an accomplished producer

I bartended for one year. Most and easiest pussy I ever got was that year.