rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ohio cops arrest UAE tourist because he was suspected of terrorism by his hotel clerk

Ohio cops arrest UAE tourist because he was suspected of terrorism by his hotel clerk

UAE man in full arab garb is mistaken for a terrorist outside his hotel in Ohio and thrown to the ground by police and searched.

My first thought was, "if he wasn't sympathetic to ISIS before this incident, he surely is now"

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/04/world/....html?_r=0

[Image: 04xp-arrest-master768.png]

Quote:Quote:

The United Arab Emirates warned its citizens on Sunday to avoid wearing traditional clothing when traveling abroad, apparently in response to an episode in Ohio last week in which a businessman from Abu Dhabi, dressed in robes and a head scarf, was confronted by the police at gunpoint because a hotel clerk thought he might be a terrorist.

The businessman was identified as Ahmed al-Menhali, 41, by the Cleveland chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. Relatives of a front desk clerk at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Avon, Ohio, called 911 on Wednesday to report that the clerk had panicked after seeing a man in robes and “full head dress” in the hotel lobby, speaking on a phone and “pledging his allegiance or something to ISIS.”

Officers rushed Mr. Menhali outside the hotel with guns drawn, pinned him to the ground, handcuffed him, searched his clothes and wallet, and had him take off his shoes to check his feet. Police body-camera video of the encounter shows Mr. Menhali, who appeared to speak limited English, saying: “What is this?” “I’m tourist,” and “Not good,” while he was on the ground.

The Avon Police Department released audio and video of the episode to the news media, and the recordings were uploaded to YouTube.

About 10 minutes into the encounter, as the likelihood of any arrest appeared to dissipate and Mr. Menhali was allowed to stand up, he collapsed on the pavement. An ambulance took him to St. John’s Medical Center, the police said; local news reports said he had been treated for minor injuries and released.

The warning from the Emirates government coincided with heightened security alerts in cities around the world after deadly terrorist attacks in Iraq, Bangladesh and Turkey further raised fears about the global reach of terrorism.

The Ohio episode, however, raised questions about the intense police response to a report of a man in Middle Eastern dress standing in a hotel lobby, speaking on a cellphone.

Julia A. Shearson, the executive director of the Cleveland chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said in an interview Sunday: “It is shocking this happened. The bottom line is we understand the American people are on edge, and there’s definitely violence in the world, but we’ve come to this brute level of giving in to our fears.”

Continue reading the main story
RELATED COVERAGE

Bombing Kills More Than 140 in Baghdad JULY 3, 2016

Bangladesh Attack Is New Evidence That ISIS Has Shifted Its Focus Beyond the Mideast JULY 2, 2016

Istanbul Airport Attack Leaves at Least 41 Dead JUNE 28, 2016
She added, “We can defeat violence and terrorism if we get to the root cause of it, instead of victimizing 1.5 billion people around the world.”

Ms. Shearson also told The Independent that the way the police referred to Mr. Menhali’s clothing in their report — “as a criminal indicator” — was “very concerning.”

Avon officials apologized to Mr. Menhali Saturday night at the council’s Cleveland office. The mayor, Bryan K. Jensen, told Mr. Menhali, “There were some false accusations made against you, and those are regrettable.” The chief of the Avon police, Richard Bosley, said, “You should not have been put in that situation like you were.”

In a phone interview on Sunday, Mr. Jensen described the episode as “frustrating on our end” because “it could’ve been tragic.”

“Guns were drawn,” the mayor said. “When you make a false accusation, you put that person’s life in danger.” Mr. Menhali, he added, “was 100 percent innocent.”

I guess shit like this hasn't been helping the image of Muslims in full garb:

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

This is the retarded reality of the day.

See something, say something, right? And when Mohammed Mohammed gets shirty about being profiled, he may well kick off. But we saw what happened in San Bernadino when plenty of people came out afterward and said they'd seen indicators but didn't report them for fear of being labelled racists. God forbid you run a business or work for one and you or your employer are sued into the stone age.

And the sensible crowd keeps asking "why the fuck do we want more of them here, then?"

p.s. I know he was "just standing in the lobby talking to someone on the phone" but a lot of simple folks without much worldly wisdom are just going to see Osama Bin Laden. How are you going to tell them they're not culturally informed enough to determine when they're allowed to pick up the phone and call the police?

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

^This is simple. Cops fucked up.

Just because someone calls 911, doesn't mean that you throw policy out the window because it might be terrorism. He wasn't holding an AK47 and he wasn't wearing a bomb.

This is the reason why the police have a use of force continuum. They violated industry standard principles by rushing the guy.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Good.

When in Rome, dress like a Roman. When in the US, dress like an American.

If this makes him sympathetic to ISIS, who cares? We haven't wiped ISIS off the planet because we have incompetent leaders. That will change here shortly.

So the next time someone sees something that may be ISIS, they wont because its "profiling" and "racist". Thats what happened right before the San Bernardino Massacre.

The only way to atone for this horrible act is to import another 10 million migrants.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

"talking on his phone, pledging allegiance to ISIS or something" 'Merica. I love it. I wish they had called in and said "He's on his phone saying 'durka durka mohammed Jihad' or something"

Xenophobia is a cheap, but effective security device.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (07-03-2016 08:30 PM)Suits Wrote:  

This is the reason why the police have a use of force continuum. They violated industry standard principles by rushing the guy.

What is their use of force continuum for a reported terrorist? You don't know, and neither do I.

I guarantee you they have different protocols for "the next door neighbour has his music up too loud" and "we have an armed felon with warrants smashing in the front door of his ex's place".

They are not turning up to the latter and waiting for the guy to round the corner with a shotgun before they draw their own guns.

Seriously, I'm not a fan of the police state but I'm starting to learn some sympathy for the police themselves. You laugh off a caller saying "a guy has multiple disposable phones and is pledging loyalty to ISIS". Five minutes later fifty people are dead and the rest of the nation is calling for your head.
You go in with a hard-on and it turns out to be nothing. Five minutes later everyone is calling for your head.

Can't win.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (07-04-2016 05:43 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

What is their use of force continuum for a reported terrorist? You don't know, and neither do I.

I guarantee you they have different protocols for "the next door neighbour has his music up too loud" and "we have an armed felon with warrants smashing in the front door of his ex's place".

They are not turning up to the latter and waiting for the guy to round the corner with a shotgun before they draw their own guns.

Seriously, I'm not a fan of the police state but I'm starting to learn some sympathy for the police themselves. You laugh off a caller saying "a guy has multiple disposable phones and is pledging loyalty to ISIS". Five minutes later fifty people are dead and the rest of the nation is calling for your head.
You go in with a hard-on and it turns out to be nothing. Five minutes later everyone is calling for your head.

Can't win.

He wasn't a reported terrorist. He was a guy in the lobby of a hotel.

You don't laugh off such a call, but you don't go running in and tackle the guy either.

If the 911 operative was told "I see a bomb under his clothes" that would be different, but I know for a fact that it isn't police procedure to simply tackle someone who is suspected of having a bomb or has a gun.

If they think that a dude has a bomb, they're staying the fuck away.

I have a history of defending cops on this forum, but this time they clearly didn't follow their training.

I'm the King of Beijing!

^In the many states and jurisdictions I'm not sure there's a single police procedure. They vary. While I might not have enough information to exonerate them I don't see that you have enough information to indict them.

^This is simple. Cops fucked up.

Just because someone calls 911, doesn't mean that you throw policy out the window because it might be terrorism. He wasn't holding an AK47 and he wasn't wearing a bomb.

Bingo.

This is a training issue, nothing more, nothing less.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Yes, thanks to Muslims now billions of dollars must be spent training small town cops on terrorism training. Very effective use of public resources.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

After this guy and bomb-boy get there multi-million dollar lawsuits paid by the US taxpayer, they will be able to afford their own Islamic State.

This just happened in Iowa:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#comments

[Image: 35EA48B800000578-0-image-m-51_1467569506639.jpg]

Dramatic moment man is tackled to the ground in an Iowa bar after standing on a table and yelling 'Allah is the only one true god' - as panicked patrons run for their lives

Quote:Quote:

A 21-year-old man caused panic at an Iowa restaurant when he jumped up on the bar, yelled at everyone to be quiet and then yelled: 'Allah is the only one true god'.

Patrons at the Horsewood's Restaurant in Caldwell immediately fled the room on Friday night, running through every door as they left their purses on the chairs and cell phones on the table.

They thought there might be a bomb in his backpack. There were rumors he had a gun.

But Ralmanzow Bell wasn't declaring a terrorist attack. He was merely drunk, said authorities.

People are scared shitless by Muslims today. Things looking good for Trump.

Quote: (07-03-2016 07:45 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I am skeptical that this is for real, because he could be prosecuted for criminal assault.

Rico... Sauve....

They should do this on Black Friday. You'd get first dibs on everything.

The UAE should issue some type of warning to its travelers that they should stop blowing shit up and shooting infidels when they go on vacation.

That way they could wear their terrorist uniforms everywhere and no one would care.

I'm not saying everyone that wears that shit is a terrorist, but at some point EVERY terrorist wears that shit.

Aloha!

Avon, Ohio is 25 minutes from the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, which is where the Republican National Convention is being held in 2 weeks.

Sounds like the cops overreacted, but I'm having a hard time getting indignant over it.

Watch the video. The cops did the right thing. They received calls from both the sister and the father of the desk girl saying that this man had proclaimed allegiance to ISIS. Now obviously this was false and this was an innocent man - the girl was just an hysterical retard who heard Arabic language from a man in traditional Arab dress. However, when a member of the public reports that someone has shouted ISIS slogans, that person needs to be taken down and questions can be asked later.

The cops did a great job. Notice how they went out of their way to help him out after the incident was over.

These cops got pranked.
This is in such poor taste.
I dont mind bread and circuses but staged theatrics tend to bore me.

Quote: (07-04-2016 12:48 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

Quote: (07-03-2016 07:45 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I am skeptical that this is for real, because he could be prosecuted for criminal assault.

Much more than criminal assault. The planting of a false bomb is a felony in some (most or all?) jurisdictions.

My guess is female attention-whoring at the root of this.

We're all arguing about policy when its common fucking sense. You dont need an IQ above 70 to know that if someone is buying weapons, taking trips to Pakistan, and preaching Jihad they need to be taken out of action. You also dont need even average intelligence to laugh at the idea of bum-rushing someone just because they speak a foreign language.

Sidenote: Cleveland cops have a reputation for being extremely trigger happy....regardless of the suspects race.