rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entitled interns fired for demanding dress code change at their employer

Group of young, entitled interns ( the head one was a girl) signed a petition arguing why their employer should change their dress code to accommodate them ( the interns) It didn't end well for the interns:

https://www.conservativereview.com/comme...dress-code

The entitled princess behaviors that got this brat her way growing up with her parents and at her university, didn't work so well with the employer.

Welcome to the real world.

[Image: SDpTT.gif]

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Hopefully they learned a real world lesson here.

The lessons to be learned are "you're not that important in the real world. you're expendable and the company was basically doing you a favor by allowing you to be an intern here" Most companies do internships as a kind of PR thing and for cheap work, along with occasionally finding a diamond in the rough.

Another lesson to be learned would be to have a good work ethic of being an obedient, hard working employee, be thankful you have a job and keep your nose to the grindstone and don't make waves the first few years.

I wouldn't be surprised however, if these interns are thinking " This is another example of how bad corporate America is. We need more government oversight of businesses and the economy so they don't treat people so unfairly."

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Quote:Quote:

Together, except for one, the interns wrote a formal proposal for a relaxed dress code – “written professionally like examples they learned about in school” and with “well-reasoned” arguments. - See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/comme...EK0XU.dpuf

To their utter dismay, the interns were called into the office, not to discuss their proposal, but to be informed of their termination. “We were shocked,” it was totally “unfair,” the writer says before admitting she had “never had a job before.” - See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/comme...EK0XU.dpuf

I stood up to my Dean and let her know that what she is teaching these young, impressionable students is going to have real world blow back. In a negative way.
It was unfair and dangerous to have her think that in the real world, these students would be coddled and put in safe groups where everyone is respectful and diplomatic and has time to talk about the colours of paper clips that are the least offensive.

My university days did not end well. Even though I was 4.0, I was kicked out. The Chancellor laughed and reinstated me. But the damage was done, and I graduated without the future support of my alumni.

Fuck these people. I feel sorry for them to a degree, but the world has no special place for them. The university system is failing them at a drastic rate, and with all their university taught 'skills' one would think they could better research why there is a dress code in a professional environment in the first place.

My only hope is that this is the first good wake up call and they use it to their advantage towards self realization and personal betterment.

The cherry on the sundae...

The worst part is that just before the meeting ended, one of the managers told us that the worker who was allowed to disobey the dress code was a former soldier who lost her leg and was therefore given permission to wear whatever kind of shoes she could walk in.

How empty and self-serving are these bitches that they feel its not only their business to know the specifics about a senior employees' medical exemption from certain policies (and its NOT any of their business), but they only care so they could've factored it into their argument?

It must be nice, easy living inside that college bubble.

For the record I think dress codes are mostly bullshit too. But it's a reality of working in the corporate world 90% of the time. If you don't like it there's always entrepreneurship.

They got fired because the girl asked management about the issue and was told no. These kids think everything they don't like in life is negotiable. So she caused further workplace disruption by getting all of her fellow interns to participate in her proposal. She poisoned the well. Management wasn't going to budge on the issue, so they said "fuck it" and just wrote off the whole group of interns so they could get back to work.

What a fucking idiot. Some college brats being given a favor to intern (which is the the bottom-most rung in the corporate latter) think they have a say in the businesses' policies? Hell, the fucking janitor has more say than an intern - at least they are actually full-time benefited payroll employees.

If some fucking temp came in and start trying to change policy I'd fucking laugh and give them the boot too. I hope the supervisor who did the terminating gave them an at least somewhat enlightening lecture about it on the way out.

That's the corporate world, kids. Do your fucking job and shut your fucking mouth. Unless you're difficult to replace or you're the one signing the paychecks, then it's not your place to twist people's arms to change bullshit like this. If you don't like dressing like a professional then you should have interned at Google or tried to join some hip startup internet business.

The entitlement of these adult-sized children never stops astounding me.

This could be a valuable experience for them all. Reality is a harsh mistress, and most of this young generation simply has not had to deal with her in full force. Think about it. These kids spend years 1-18 being waited on hand and foot by mommy and daddy, years 18-24 enjoying safe spaces, and years 24-28 on sabbaticals, finding themselves, or in grad school. So they have lived nearly 30 years on this earth reaping all the rewards and benefits of society while bearing no accountability and none of the responsibilites for their actions.

Full response to her query on ask a manager.

Oooooohhhh.

Firing the whole group of you was a pretty extreme reaction, but I can understand why they were highly annoyed.

Y’all were pretty out of line. You were interns there — basically guests for the summer. Their rules are their rules. This is like being a houseguest and presenting your host with a signed petition (!) to change their rules about cleaning up after yourself. You just don’t have the standing to do that.

To be clear, that doesn’t mean that you need to suck up any and every condition of an internship. You don’t. But this wasn’t something like asking you to do unsafe work or work unreasonable hours; this was asking you to abide by what sounds like a very common and reasonable professional dress code.

They presumably have that dress code because, rightly or wrongly, they’ve determined that it’s in their best interest. Sometimes these sorts of dress codes make sense (like when you’re dealing with clients who expect a certain image). Other times they don’t. But you really, really don’t have standing as interns to push back on it in such an aggressive way. And beyond standing, you don’t have enough knowledge as interns to push back so aggressively — knowledge of their context, their clients, and their culture.

What you could have done was to say, “Would you talk to us about the dress code and explain why it’s important? We’re sure we’ll run into this again in future jobs, but coming from the more casual environment of school, it’s not intuitive to us why so many businesses have formal dress codes. We’d appreciate getting a better understanding.”

But instead, you assumed you knew better (despite being in a position where the whole point is that you don’t have experience and are there to learn) and then went about it in a pretty aggressive way. A petition is … well, it’s not something you typically see at work. It signals that you think that if you get enough signatures, your company will feel pressured to act, and that’s just not how this stuff works. A company is not going to change its dress code because its interns sign a petition.

Honestly, if my summer interns banded together and this was what they decided to take on, I’d have some serious questions about their judgment and their priorities. I wouldn’t fire you for it … but I would not be impressed and we would be having a very stern conversation in which I explained the above.

The fact that they did fire all of you for it makes me wonder if there were other issues too and this pushed them over the edge. Were you getting good feedback before this, or had you noticed your manager trying to rein you in on other things? If there were other issues, I can more easily understand them just throwing up their hands and being finished with the whole thing.

In any case, I don’t think you can ask them to reconsider. What’s done is done. But it would be smart to write a letter to your manager explaining that you’ve learned from the situation and that you appreciate the opportunity they gave you and are sorry that you squandered it. They’re not likely to invite you back, but a note like that will probably soften them up a little and will mean that they don’t think so witheringly of you in the future.

Women in a workspace, always trying to fuck things up.

Quote: (06-30-2016 02:20 PM)Adonis Wrote:  

This could be a valuable experience for them all. Reality is a harsh mistress, and most of this young generation simply has not had to deal with her in full force. Think about it. These kids spend years 1-18 being waited on hand and foot by mommy and daddy, years 18-24 enjoying safe spaces, and years 24-28 on sabbaticals, finding themselves, or in grad school. So they have lived nearly 30 years on this earth reaping all the rewards and benefits of society while bearing no accountability and none of the responsibilites for their actions.

Oooooohhhh.

Firing the whole group of you was a pretty extreme reaction, but I can understand why they were highly annoyed.

Y’all were pretty out of line. You were interns there — basically guests for the summer. Their rules are their rules. This is like being a houseguest and presenting your host with a signed petition (!) to change their rules about cleaning up after yourself. You just don’t have the standing to do that.

To be clear, that doesn’t mean that you need to suck up any and every condition of an internship. You don’t. But this wasn’t something like asking you to do unsafe work or work unreasonable hours; this was asking you to abide by what sounds like a very common and reasonable professional dress code.

They presumably have that dress code because, rightly or wrongly, they’ve determined that it’s in their best interest. Sometimes these sorts of dress codes make sense (like when you’re dealing with clients who expect a certain image). Other times they don’t. But you really, really don’t have standing as interns to push back on it in such an aggressive way. And beyond standing, you don’t have enough knowledge as interns to push back so aggressively — knowledge of their context, their clients, and their culture.

What you could have done was to say, “Would you talk to us about the dress code and explain why it’s important? We’re sure we’ll run into this again in future jobs, but coming from the more casual environment of school, it’s not intuitive to us why so many businesses have formal dress codes. We’d appreciate getting a better understanding.”

But instead, you assumed you knew better (despite being in a position where the whole point is that you don’t have experience and are there to learn) and then went about it in a pretty aggressive way. A petition is … well, it’s not something you typically see at work. It signals that you think that if you get enough signatures, your company will feel pressured to act, and that’s just not how this stuff works. A company is not going to change its dress code because its interns sign a petition.

Honestly, if my summer interns banded together and this was what they decided to take on, I’d have some serious questions about their judgment and their priorities. I wouldn’t fire you for it … but I would not be impressed and we would be having a very stern conversation in which I explained the above.

The fact that they did fire all of you for it makes me wonder if there were other issues too and this pushed them over the edge. Were you getting good feedback before this, or had you noticed your manager trying to rein you in on other things? If there were other issues, I can more easily understand them just throwing up their hands and being finished with the whole thing.

In any case, I don’t think you can ask them to reconsider. What’s done is done. But it would be smart to write a letter to your manager explaining that you’ve learned from the situation and that you appreciate the opportunity they gave you and are sorry that you squandered it. They’re not likely to invite you back, but a note like that will probably soften them up a little and will mean that they don’t think so witheringly of you in the future.

Agreed. I wouldn't fire them. They are interns and are there to learn and they would learn a shit lesson.

I would tell them no, explain how they fucked up and then tell them that they now have a mountain to climb to get a positive review at the end of their internship. If they didn't like it, they could walk and if they didn't show me they were climbing that mountain in a week I would walk them out.

I might also make the one legged girl their new supervisor.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Well if her and the other cunts were worried about work instead of their clothes. They'd still be working. I wonder if some guy told them "hey go to management as a group and maybe they change". Set them hoes up to get fired. Classic move. Also, I know guys usually will just follow the rules, second, I think foreign women would also follow the rules. Must have been a foreigner girl who wouldn't back this crap up.

Good find.

This comes from the schools and, specifically, what's happening with girls in schools. Every week it seems a new group of girls protest something about their local dress code.

This is encouraged by parents and teachers who seem to want to re-live the 1960s. Everyone wants their own Civil Rights battles, even if it's over trivial crap like not being allowed to wear halter tops.

Instead of linking one of the many articles, I decided to do a screenshot when I searched for "girls dress code." Hundreds of articles come up, published everywhere from Time to HuffPost. One headline ever screams that such dress codes "perpetuate rape culture!" OMG! OMG! OMG!

It never occurs to these girls that there are codes for boys too: Pull up your pants, no mesh shirts, no muscle shirts, no rude saying on shirts, no off-color jokes or band names, and sometimes no specific colors -- where those colors are said to be gang colors.

Time after time, I see my friends on Facebook post petitions against dress codes written up by their spoiled daughters. I knew no good would come of this. Glad to see the business world is giving them all a dose of reality

[Image: attachment.jpg32352]   

Quote: (06-30-2016 03:19 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Agreed. I wouldn't fire them. They are interns and are there to learn and they would learn a shit lesson.

I would tell them no, explain how they fucked up and then tell them that they now have a mountain to climb to get a positive review at the end of their internship. If they didn't like it, they could walk and if they didn't show me they were climbing that mountain in a week I would walk them out.

I see your point, but once they unveiled their true natures it became actively risky to keep them around. How long before one of the snowflakes sued for sexual harassment or some other bullshit? Who needs that trouble? Interns are already a net negative, and idiotic SJW interns are ticking time bombs.

I absolutely would fire them.

A fucking petition ? Really ?

This isn't a democracy sweetheart.

This isn't some political movement or sign a petition outside whole foods market.

This is real world experience with real worlds consequences.

I'd absolutely admonish and lecture them AND THEN fire them.

I spoke with my manager about being allowed some leeway under the dress code and was told this was not possible, despite the other person being allowed to do it.

Wow just wow, I can't believe veteran leg amputee gets so much priority over us.

We decided to write a proposal stating why we should be allowed someone leeway under the dress code. We accompanied the proposal with a petition, signed by all of the interns (except for one who declined to sign it) and gave it to our managers to consider.

Basically you mean YOU, since this was your idea, and some dumb cunts and dicks followed your lead.

We weren’t even given a chance to discuss it. The worst part is that just before the meeting ended, one of the managers told us that the worker who was allowed to disobey the dress code was a former soldier who lost her leg and was therefore given permission to wear whatever kind of shoes she could walk in. You can’t even tell, and if we had known about this we would have factored it into our argument.

Once again, not a democracy sweetheart.

It doesn't matter, you follow the rules given to you regardless of what the other people do. You were invited here to be an INTERN, this is VOLUNTARY.

I have never had a job before (I’ve always focused on school) and I was hoping to gain some experience before I graduate next year. I feel my dismissal was unfair and would like to ask them to reconsider but I’m not sure the best way to go about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wahhhhh it's not fair !!

Nothing in life is sweetie, I bet you didn't get hired as an intern it wouldn't be fair.

Keep your bleeding heart change the world 1 petition at a time at your university.

I swear to god continued education is RUINING today's work force.

Guess what ? You DID gain some experience in what NOT to do in the workplace and that you aren't a snowflake.

[Image: gtfo.gif]

An interesting piece of insight into the mentality is that they didn't submit their "proposal" until they thought one girl had an unfair advantage over another. This is standard female mentality. It's always about oneupsmanship or shall I say oneupswomanship where bitches always try to snipe and outdo each other in the work place.

At least it seems like they had solid male management at the helm.

It's even worse when a woman is put into a leadership role over other women in any type of field that's supposed to value productivity. You end up with the most non productive work environment full of drama and absurd bureaucratic rules while they all try to assert their special snowflake status over each other.

Cutting these cunts loose was the right decision. It's called liability risk management.

They obviously weren't adding any value. We've had a couple interns every summer at the small company I work for, usually from top schools around the country. Some of them have been exceptional, and some have been just completely worthless. I'm talking students from Yale that are stupid and lazy and can't create any value. On the other hand, we've put some of the interns to work like real engineers, and got real work out of them.

If this girl and her co-petitioners had been generating value, they might have been treated differently, but this was probably the straw that broke the camel's back as far as their net value in the workplace.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Could swear I saw something to do with women wearing heels in the workplace in the UK.

Did a quick search and here it is: https://thetab.com/2016/05/12/petition-w...ment-89970

I saw something to do with heels and the workplace on TV but I switched it off. Millennial whining.

Their casual clothes are probably garbage anyway.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

I wish I could have seen the look on their faces when they realized they fucked up.

[Image: fucked-up-meme-generator-the-moment-you-...522543.jpg]

Quote: (06-30-2016 06:17 PM)ElConquistador Wrote:  

I wish I could have seen the look on their faces when they realized they fucked up.
That would require self-awareness. They don't think they fucked up, they think they courageously stood up to an evil corporation looking to enforce their CIS-minded, patriarchal agenda on them.

+1 For firing the cunts.

If corporations had sense then they would create a shared blacklist of potential agitators that would red-flag job candidates like these clowns for life.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (06-30-2016 03:19 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (06-30-2016 02:20 PM)Adonis Wrote:  

Oooooohhhh.

.... Honestly, if my summer interns banded together and this was what they decided to take on, I’d have some serious questions about their judgment and their priorities...

... The fact that they did fire all of you for it makes me wonder if there were other issues too and this pushed them over the edge. Were you getting good feedback before this, or had you noticed your manager trying to rein you in on other things? If there were other issues, I can more easily understand them just throwing up their hands and being finished with the whole thing.

I fully agree with the response on askamanager. Very reasonable. Clearly and forthrightly expressed without a speck of hysteria.

I'd stress that the argument from us should not be that life is unfair in this case. It's fair that when you enter someone's house you must follow their rules. It's fair that when you are supposed to be there to learn you must not assume you know better than your hosts and seniors. It's fair that exception be allowed to disabled veterans. And there might be other factors involved in the decision to fire as well. For all we know, it might as well be that the decision was entirely fair but the interns either fail to, or refuse to understand it, or to honestly report it.

The problem with special snowflakes is not just that they can't handle unfairness against them, but also that they can't even handle fairness that's not in their favor. We should not let the SJWs hijack and redefine the concept of fairness to cater to their sense of entitlement, which they have been doing for too long.

Kaotic has the right idea with this. I saw this on Vox Day's blog yesterday and thought the same thing. Vox framed it as killing SJW entryism at the door. Today it was the dress code for these interns, tomorrow it would've been pms leave or priority parking. Then it would've been a lawsuit from these snowflakes who thing the world should cater to their every whim.

To which I can only quote Walter from The Big Lebowski: "Life does not stop and start at your convenience you miserable piece of shit!"

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

This is the type of thread I love waking up to in the morning.

[Image: depositphotos_6325323-Portrait-of-young-...tdoors.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-30-2016 07:11 PM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

+1 For firing the cunts.

If corporations had sense then they would create a shared blacklist of potential agitators that would red-flag job candidates like these clowns for life.

I agree wholeheartedly.

However, employment laws in the states are absolutely nuts. The first company to try to implement such a policy would be litigated into paste once a stupid HR rep tells the applicant he/she wasn't hired because their previous employer said they were scum/dangerous/etc.

In order to protect companies from sue happy idiots and the courts that let them get away with it, HR reps only confirm employment when asked, and maybe they'll give title, period of employment and a range of salary that the applicant was in. That's it. The closest thing to a blacklist of people is just googling the hell out of their name.

Quote: (06-30-2016 07:11 PM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

+1 For firing the cunts.

Here in the television and film industry we have actual blacklists. You can end up on one for a lot less than what these interns did (for example, discussing what a good salary is in television publicly).