rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Narcissicopter has arived

Some of you may remember Roosh's article on the Narcissicopter, where he mentioned that the narcisism of people will lead into a small robot floating around you taking you selfies.

Here is the article:
http://www.rooshv.com/the-rise-of-the-narcissicopter

Roam E has one selfie stick on a drone taking you pictures as you walk the street
http://myroam-e.com

Already being hailed as a selfie revolution. Kardashians everywhere... rejoice!
Welcome to dystopia!

Well Roosh called it, over a year ago. This is going to be the next thing. Now you officially will no longer need to ask other people to take pictures of you.

Heh just shoot em down !

I like the idea for extreme sports, like snowboarding, skiing, dirtbiking or a larger view of the outdoors.

Maybe even just following you on your bike.

And summer festivals, other than that, it's pointless.

Finally we have reached Peak Selfie. It can only get better from here.

Quote: (06-29-2016 02:29 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Heh just shoot em down !

I like the idea for extreme sports, like snowboarding, skiing, dirtbiking or a larger view of the outdoors.

I now have a new use for an old air rifle of mine.

G

Do you think we'll see people with these Narcidrones, in the street?
Doesn't seem possible to me, for safety reasons.

Quote: (06-29-2016 02:27 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Well Roosh called it, over a year ago. This is going to be the end of the privacy and the world as we know it.

Fixed it for you.

And music videos. (If anybody does those anymore)

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Quote: (06-29-2016 03:01 PM)Mr. D Wrote:  

And music videos. (If anybody does those anymore)

Come to think of it I know some realtors who take great pics of houses they're selling.

I know there were some issues with neighbors suing realtors for invasion of privacy.

I see these being quickly-banned due to women's privacy and stalking concerns - and partly because the online persona is becoming so Constructed and Carefully-Managed that girls will be terrified of someone, somewhere seeing a non-staged version of them.

I've noticed most gyms I've been to in the last six months have a 'no selfies' rule because of the female belief that, yes, they are that hot that men are obviously trying to creep pictures of them.

Skynet needs to hurry the fuck up already.

Quote: (06-29-2016 02:53 PM)Geomann180 Wrote:  

Heh just shoot em down !

G

What is the rule on shooting those things down?

Kite surfing (which is GAY) people are always flying them right in front of my house.

Would I be justified if its right over my house?

Aloha!

Quote: (06-29-2016 06:30 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Heh just shoot em down !

G

Kite surfing (which is GAY) people are always flying them right in front of my house.

Aloha!

There are two 'opposing' views on how it could be looked at.

1: The drone is someones property, so you can't just 'shoot it up' because it happens to wander onto your property or into your airspace.

2: As the owner of the property, you own the the surface, plus everything above it and below it. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuius_est_...d_inferos, short term was ad coelum doctrine, Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos (Latin for "whoever's is the soil, it is theirs all the way to Heaven and all the way to hell" ))
In this view, if the drone wanders onto or over your property, it is trespassing and you have a right to do something about it.

Next step: satellites in geosynchronous orbit that zoom in on you on the planet's surface so you can take selfies without having to lug around a cumberson selfie drone.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but nobody has any more right to destroy a drone that errantly enters their domain than they have to shoot down an airliner that briefly crosses their "airspace".

That's right. I can park my car on your front lawn and you have no legal right to destroy it, and if you do so then the court will waste no time ordering you to buy me a new car.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Depends how much power property owner's have where you live.
I doubt Australia gives them very much.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Quote: (06-30-2016 01:53 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Sorry to be a wet blanket but nobody has any more right to destroy a drone that errantly enters their domain than they have to shoot down an airliner that briefly crosses their "airspace".

That's right. I can park my car on your front lawn and you have no legal right to destroy it, and if you do so then the court will waste no time ordering you to buy me a new car.

Park your car on someone's lawn in Texas and let me know how that works out for you. Maybe thats fine in Australia, but you do realize trespassers can and are shot at in the United States.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Without lawyering up I will go out on a limb and say that my brief study into Texan law still doesn't allow you to drill a girl scout simply because she stepped onto your porch to sell you cookies unless you can demonstrate you legitimately feared for your life (edit: stand your ground laws are applicable in some instances but I highly doubt it covers misdemeanours like trespassing, which would be like shooting someone who was cutting into your traffic lane without signalling).

You can shoot up my car. People do shit like that on principle from time to time, which is all well and good. That doesn't make it legal and the legal repercussions will still come around.

https://www.texaslawshield.com/castle-doctrine/

Take special note of the use of phrase "where an individual unlawfully and with force, enters or attempts to enter your occupied habitation, vehicle or place of business or employment."

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (06-30-2016 03:51 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Without lawyering up I will go out on a limb and say that my brief study into Texan law still doesn't allow you to drill a girl scout simply because she stepped onto your porch to sell you cookies unless you can demonstrate you legitimately feared for your life (edit: stand your ground laws are applicable in some instances but I highly doubt it covers misdemeanours like trespassing, which would be like shooting someone who was cutting into your traffic lane without signalling).

You can shoot up my car. People do shit like that on principle from time to time, which is all well and good. That doesn't make it legal and the legal repercussions will still come around.

Not sure how or why you would compare a 65lb girl knocking on your door to sell you cookies to an adult male willfully parking a vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds and could potentially crash into your living room and kill your family.

Yes, if you unexpectedly attempted to park on someones lawn in Texas, a Texas jury would be fine with the homeowner firing upon you as he could justifiably claim he was in fear for his life as no reasonable sane person would attempt such an act but if you disagree, go for it and report back.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Prosecutor: So in the five seconds it took Mr Bloggs to mount the curb and drive onto your lawn you armed yourself and shot him dead. And the car, travelling presumably at a speed that gave you fear for your life, stopped dead on the spot. No skid marks. Just "magic". And all this after Mr Bloggs got an address wrong for a bible study group next door and tried to park on the grass so that when the rest of the participants arrived there would be space at the curb?

Yeah, Mr "I just happened to be cleaning my loaded AR15" is going to jail.

I can barely contain my disgust when I see a selfie stick, so if this becomes as widespread as them I'm not going to be very nice to hang out with in public areas. I wish I could hope it was out of Polish people's budgets, but that won't stop tourists bringing one over (it's up to customs to save the day I guess).

Edit: Like/dislike bar makes me happy.

Quote: (06-30-2016 04:26 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Prosecutor: So in the five seconds it took Mr Bloggs to mount the curb and drive onto your lawn you armed yourself and shot him dead. And the car, travelling presumably at a speed that gave you fear for your life, stopped dead on the spot. No skid marks. Just "magic". And all this after Mr Bloggs got an address wrong and for a bible study group next door and tried to park on the grass so that when the rest of the participants arrived there would be space at the curb?

Yeah, Mr "I just happened to be cleaning my loaded AR15" is going to jail.

We could debate forever how your hypothetical attempts to park on strangers lawns in Texas to prove a point might play out in your favor in court or not but if you are shot dead winning a court case would be irrelevant.

And yes, people have been shot dead for less while trespassing and the shooters avoided prison. Lets just agree that interpretions of property laws and use of force vary widely. No need to derail the thread any further.

Agreed. Too many variables, including judges, juries, jurisdictions, etc.

So these selfie drones. It's like, WTF, right?

Quote: (06-29-2016 09:28 PM)EvanWilson Wrote:  

Quote: (06-29-2016 06:30 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Heh just shoot em down !

G

Aloha!

There are two 'opposing' views on how it could be looked at.

1: The drone is someones property, so you can't just 'shoot it up' because it happens to wander onto your property or into your airspace.

2: As the owner of the property, you own the the surface, plus everything above it and below it. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuius_est_...d_inferos, short term was ad coelum doctrine, Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos (Latin for "whoever's is the soil, it is theirs all the way to Heaven and all the way to hell" ))
In this view, if the drone wanders onto or over your property, it is trespassing and you have a right to do something about it.

Thankfully a judge in the US agreed that a homeowner has the right to shoot the fuckers down.

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/judge-rules-...his-house/

Quote: (06-30-2016 01:53 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

[Image: lol.gif]

The difference being is that the government of every country grants a license to airliners to fly over peoples houses making it legal.

Drones are private property and as such can be considered a breach of privacy if it is used over peoples property. They can also be defined as surveillance equipment in the same league as CCTV cameras and are not allowed to simply 'fly over' a persons house or land.

They have arrested and charged police officers throughout the world for using cameras on helicopters to spy on people having sex and women sunbathing.

If you parked your car on my garden I will have it clamped and towed with the full backing of the law and it is up to the clampers on what you do next. Pretty sure it will be in excess of £300.

In Texas and other parts of the US I hope you wouldn't be that stupid less some guy with a shotgun comes out and welcomes you. Not only that I reckon they'd get some chains and drag your car to a ditch and phone the cops about a wreck they saw.