rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Scotty Moore, Elvis' original lead guitarist, dead at 84

A guitar legend has passed.

Winfield Scott "Scotty" Moore III, Elvis' original lead guitarist and a pioneering figure of rock and roll passed away yesterday at the age of 84.

Scotty was undoubtedly one of the greatest and most influential guitarists of his day, and his unique style of guitar playing was a crucial factor in Elvis' ascent to the top of the musical pecking order. Though his style may seem very tame today, there were few guitar players in the early days of rock who were worthy of being mentioned in the same breath. A true original and a consummate professional. Guitarists and musicians everywhere thank you for your contributions, Scotty. RIP

RIP Scotty Mo' one of the greatest guitar players who ever lived. This guy literally wrote the book on how to be an amazing guitar player, and he influenced countless artists to pick up their axes and jam.
https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Quick-Lick...entries*=0

He influenced Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Urban, John Mayer, Brad Paisley and so many others

The King of Licks

I hope you are riding the Mystery Train into the sunset Scotty

I love the run Scotty lays down on this song, it reminds me a lot of a Buddy Holly song with the way Elvis sings it too.