rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gun Store Refuses To Sell To Left Wing Journalist...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/column...le/2594417

Left wing journalist goes to gun store to "easily buy AR15".
Left wing journalist fills out paperwork and waits for background check.
Left wing journalist has sale revoked. Store owners decline to say why.
Left wing journalist claims 'journalist' victim status, writes angry article.
Gun store owner advises editor that refusal was because background check revealed left wing journalist is a drunk and a wife beater.

Summary: Left wing journalist tries to out gun store owners as irresponsible merchants of death and instead outs himself as a drunken wife beater.

[Image: laugh5.gif]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Most people who have no idea about buying guns usually think this is how it works:

In reality it usually goes something like this:

Quote:Quote:

"admitted history of alcohol abuse, and a charge for domestic battery involving his wife."

[Image: lol.gif]

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

The journalist is named (((Neil Steinberg))).

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

You'd think he'd be 'glad' that his premise of easily obtained guns was shown not to be the case.
Yet between having to admit he was wrong & the 'personal affront' at the idea that he can't get a gun is rather telling.

Quote: (06-23-2016 06:16 AM)Surreyman Wrote:  

Maybe someone should send him an Israeli re-stamped Nazi Mauser for a bit of perspective.

[Image: fy1feb.jpg]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Bothers me people like him still retain employment

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

This is right out of an Its Always Sunny in Philly episode.

The cognative dissonance is strong with this drunk wife-beater.

Quote: (06-23-2016 09:24 AM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  

The cognative dissonance is strong with this drunk wife-beater.
Not happy when he thinks the system doesn't work. Sees that the system does work, and he's still not happy. Blames it on something else. Insists that if everyone were held to the same standard, fewer people would be able to buy guns. Translation: the system is still broken because and now I'm a victim of discrimination.

He never once admits that his history of drinking and arrest(s) for domestic violence could have been the real culprit. He insists that it was discrimination as guns are sold daily to people with known histories of alcoholism and domestic violence. It's a stunning example of how the story is written to fit the narrative.

There's another journalist who jumped on the "Let's buy an AR-15" who is potentially facing charges for strawman purchase. Pretty sure batfe and prosecutor won't do shit though.
edit: http://tribunist.com/news/cbs-news-crew-...source=CDH
Quote:Quote:

A CBS News crew decided to join apparently dozens of journalists across the country this week and purchase an AR-15 rifle on camera to show “how easy” it was to purchase a firearm by sending reporter Paula Reid to purchase one of these rifles, along with ammunition, from a Virginia gun shop. [Scroll Down For Video]

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 6.23.10 PM

It should be noted that in all of these cases, the journalists making the purchase were all law abiding citizens, which means they easily passed the background check without delay.

Well, the experience for CBS went a little differently than the others and the producer who made the purchase could find herself facing federal firearms charges for making a straw purchase.

According to a report by TheBlaze:

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 6.24.16 PM

In an anti-gun segment intended to show how easy it is to purchase an AR-15 rifle, CBS reporter Paula Reid bought the firearm at SpecDive Tactical and then transferred the gun to a “federally licensed firearms dealer” just a few hours later.

Ryan Lamke, general manager of SpecDive, told the Washington Free Beacon Reid paid for the rifle with cash, claiming she planned to “undergo training.” He claimed the reporter “refused basic, free instruction of firearms safety under the pretense that she was using the firearm for training with a NRA certified instructor.”

“Due to the information provided in the CBS News report filed today, I suspect Ms. Reid committed a straw purchase and procurement of a firearm under false pretenses,” he added.

The owner of the store notified both the ATF and the state police of Reid’s actions along with his opinion that she lied on the Form 4473 and thus committed a federal crime.

Reid later tweeted that everything was above board and that she identified herself as a reporter. However, there is no exclusion for lying on the 4473 for the press.

Sale, purchase, & transfer all legal. ID'd myself as a @CBSNews reporter 2x during sale (was recorded) & transfer. https://t.co/ifYtFA4n8x

— Paula Reid (@PaulaReidCBS) June 17, 2016

Several responses indicated that Reid should stop publicly talking about the incident and retain legal counsel.

According to Wikipedia, a straw purchase is defined as:

In the United States, a straw purchaser of a firearm at a federally licensed firearm dealership who lies about the identity of the ultimate possessor of the gun can be charged with making false statements on a federal Firearms Transaction Record. If a firearm is purchased as a gift, the transaction is not a straw purchase, and the person buying the gift is considered the end user.

The buyer is also considered the end user if he intends to sell the firearm, as long as the initial purchase is not made at the direction of or as part of an agreement with the second, ultimate buyer. Straw purchases in lawful sales made outside of federally regulated dealerships are not subject to such rules and are legal unless the gun is used in a crime with the prior knowledge of the straw purchaser.

In a statement to the Washington Free Beacon, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms said they were unsure if any laws had been broken. The ATF and Department of Justice has been known to prosecute straw purchase cases in the past, even in cases where the firearms and purchaser weren’t associated with any other crimes.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

I'm not really into fire arms culture as other people but I think this dude makes a good point.
Some of his videos can be one sided, but he emphasizes "responsible gun ownership" repeatedly.
In Canada our gun laws are a lot stricter and do not allow for much wiggle room.

Quote: (06-23-2016 09:37 AM)Sombro Wrote:  

[Image: JHoOM7O.gif]

Quote: (06-23-2016 01:59 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

... CBS reporter Paula Reid bought the firearm at SpecDive Tactical and then transferred the gun to a “federally licensed firearms dealer” just a few hours later.

You'd have to be a moron to think that transferring a firearm to a FFL dealer would meet the definition of a straw purchase.

Talk about back firing on him.

Got owned by the gun store and outed as a drunk woman beater.

2 combo KO to his career.

The gun purchase system did it's job (I think we make the system a bit better) and punked a lefty reporter.

[Image: 75GFsKK.jpg]

Quote: (06-29-2016 12:02 PM)RaccoonFace Wrote:  

[Image: 75GFsKK.jpg]

The 1712 value is wrong. it's actually 2122. (not of statistical importance, but...)

Quote: (06-23-2016 06:16 AM)Surreyman Wrote:  

Update on the story: The journalist sued the store for six trillion dollars

I can't find anything on him suing them.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Quote: (07-24-2016 09:57 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

is actually a little inside joke

Quote: (07-24-2016 10:00 PM)Mr West Wrote:  

Quote: (07-24-2016 09:57 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

is actually a little inside joke

Yeah... Needs more focus groups...