rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

O. J. Made in America Documentary

There is a five part documentary on ESPN about the O. J. Simpson case. Here is an interview on NPR about it:

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/14/481993823/...mpson-case

There is a very red pill / game-relevant tidbit if you listen to the interview from 9:25 to 10:45.

I won't spoil it. Have a listen.

[Image: laugh4.gif]

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Platonic friends with a hot, blonde 18 year old......

I'm watching this show right now. Many interesting things to discuss. I'll check out that interview afterwards.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Still digesting episodes 1 & 2 but despite all the trappings of success, OJ's fierce jealousy keeps rearing its ugly head. Not unlike a lot of men who bed scores of women to mask their insecurity and inner conflict as men.

Freud would have a field day

MDP

Since this is from ESPN and being praised by NPR, I would look at this with a critical eye. It might be nice to watch and very entertaining, but my guess is that it's agenda-driven.

For one thing, part of its title is "Made in America." WTF is that supposed to mean? That America makes killers? That American men are all would-be killers? Don't think they didn't spend lots of hours and dollars coming up with that. It's not random.

And it's not really accurate. They're not telling a story specific to America. As MY DETROIT PLAYAS just pointed out, consuming jealousy regarding is a trait among some men period. Hell, it's the overriding theme of Shakespeare's "Othello." Linking OJ to that would have actually made more sense.

Second, ESPN is the network that fired Curt Schilling for being politically incorrect and Bill Simmons for being critical of coaches -- which is what I thought commentators were supposed to do.

ESPN has also been known to espouse feminist bullshit, and their sports analysts have called on NFL teams to hire women, just because. Here's more on their liberal bias.

Not trying to rain on any parades here, just thinking we should look a bit critically at anything any major Network sinks a lot of money into.

Quote: (06-14-2016 11:06 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Still digesting episodes 1 & 2 but despite all the trappings of success, OJ's fierce jealousy keeps rearing its ugly head. Not unlike a lot of men who bed scores of women to mask their insecurity and inner conflict as men.

Freud would have a field day

I took a page worth of notes. I'm tempted to even make a Real Talk Session like Jariel would on just the game lessons alone.

Quote: (06-15-2016 06:34 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Since this is from ESPN and being praised by NPR, I would look at this with a critical eye. It might be nice to watch and very entertaining, but my guess is that it's agenda-driven.

For one thing, part of its title is "Made in America." WTF is that supposed to mean? That America makes killers? That American men are all would-be killers? Don't think they didn't spend lots of hours and dollars coming up with that. It's not random.

And it's not really accurate. They're not telling a story specific to America. As MY DETROIT PLAYAS just pointed out, consuming jealousy regarding is a trait among some men period. Hell, it's the overriding theme of Shakespeare's "Othello." Linking OJ to that would have actually made more sense.

Second, ESPN is the network that fired Curt Schilling for being politically incorrect and Bill Simmons for being critical of coaches -- which is what I thought commentators were supposed to do.

ESPN has also been known to espouse feminist bullshit, and their sports analysts have called on NFL teams to hire women, just because. Here's more on their liberal bias.

Not trying to rain on any parades here, just thinking we should look a bit critically at anything any major Network sinks a lot of money into.

It is VERY agenda driven particularly race wise. Which is unfortunate.

1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

If the OJ situation occurred today it would make a phenomenal thread.

Nicole was best friends with Kris Jenner. Look what each of them did to their husbands.

It boggles my mind that despite the media narrative that the general public fails to see this.

Quote: (06-15-2016 08:18 AM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Nicole was best friends with Kris Jenner. Look what each of them did to their husbands.

It boggles my mind that despite the media narrative that the general public fails to see this.

What did Nicole Simpson do to O.J.? She didn't make him into a killer, that was his choice.

As for Bruce/Caitlyn, that seems like more of a bizarre case than anything.

^^^^^Not excusing OJ for his actions as he should've been tougher and gotten himself out of the situation with her.

But she certainly contributed to driving him to the point where he ruined both their privileged lives.

OJ clearly had CTE. Remember OJ played football in the 60s and 70s when it was real, concussion protocol was "get your ass back on the field ",and he played halfback the most punishing skill position there is. He is a textbook case of the perils of CTE in retired football players.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

My Notes about the OJ documentary and the OP's post.

OJ AND THE CASE:

-They showcased a lady who threw a knife at police, getting killed and another scene showing a raid on black mothers, still yielded some crack and pot found. I cannot believe they chose these BLM type cases to show the brutal nature of the LAPD. Maybe BLM is a continuation from California black activism? It does not have anything to do with OJ I feel overall.

-OJ's narcissistic issues and his gay father repulsing him (gay parents are not automatically accepted by their children, this is proof)

-The LAPD enabling OJ constantly. Not just in 1989 for beating his wife. They should have been sued by Nicole's family.

-OJ was ahead of his own people, in many ways, but was not the kind of person that could help his community. Not everyone is called to do that. He also successfully assimilated into "white america" or just america in general. All this is still overshadowed by his apparent mental illness. He also was ahead of his time because he could stay positive and had positive mindset, that helped him assimilate and elevate his life. It also fueled his narcissism unfortunately.

-He floated between AntiSocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He is so textbook NPD it's shocking no one else noticed. Too many people called him charming, too many times in the show. He was extremely dark triad. His pregnant wife (even though she was skinny) was fat to him and he openly cheated and rubbed it in her face.

-He was obsessed with his image, his smile, and looking for the camera. He controlled his wife's physical appearance like a tyrant. Textbook narcissism stuff.

-OJ suppressed his pressures and his homosexual father's shame. He had no coping skills and the eruption was big. He got progressively more arrogant as time passed. Think about how he ended up in prison. That stupid video he made about if he did murder his wife and then stealing of his old college trophy, which got him prison time.

-A racist Korean woman killing a black girl, that fought with her in her store, yet again has nothing to do with OJ. Too much SJW tryhard filler in the show. It’s like they were fishing for sympathy for something that was legitamitely wrong back then, but has nothing to do with the main character.

-As a historian, looking at this from that lenses, Is it possible that California blacks were quite possibly the first group of entitled blacks, looking for better treatment without taking any responsibility for their own actions first? The precursor to Victim Olympics and Victim mentality? Liberal black degeneracy and Black Lives Matter? May sound crazy but resisting the police was not a thing back then, and was more common for LA blacks to do. Back then it was tougher to know who did what compared to everyone recording stuff now. One black guy on the show says he felt the pain of the rioters and a white guy then says he cannot understand why they just burned down their own community.

-OJ beat Nicole on two different occasions when she put their children around gay men. A gay guy kissed his son and he beat her for that. That is very strange and interesting. He never trusted her, but yet on more than one occasion she would put his children around homosexuals, knowing that he did not approve of it.

Quick summary, it seems like the show is trying to hard to show where blacks were getting screwed by the justice system and setting it up for "payback" with OJ getting away with murdering a blonde white girl. That is the kind of garbage I expect to hear from Brother Craig the strong pro-black activist to argue in the fucking barbershop. This is lousy but these people are liberals, there is nowhere they won't go. Liberals are more racist than any conservative.

GAME LESSONS:

-His game style was very aggressive, not just old school. Textbook ASPD and NPD. Unlike Bill Cosby he was far more attractive and desirable, so he got away with alot, more than we will ever find out. He seemed to have a very advanced "Next mentality" It was possibly a front for preventing narcissistic harm to his ego and emotional state.

-His childhood friend discussed how the pimps and players in the streets were their role models growing up, not MLK and other leaders. He stated that those men, "got what they wanted in life."

-Lots of game lessons on Nicole staying with an self-destructive alpha. The OP's first post basically describes OJ and Nicole's first date and how he ripped her pants apart, but yet she fell for him. (Maybe he raped her? Maybe he was just extremely rough and escalated very roughly and fast)

-OJ may was definitely a Natural. He had jealously and severe oneitis tendencies. Hypercompetitive people like OJ can avoid being noticed for a Natural player, because of their hypercompetitive behavior tends to mask it.

-Nicole wrote that he would beat her while fucking her? Seriously? That is textbook Amorous Narcissist on Millon's subtypes of NPD.

-Game lesson for the young guys out there. You can be a tyrant to an American woman as much as you want, be rich, handsome, and a natural. She still might fuck Marcus Allen and fraternize with homosexuals.

-Marcus Allen seems to have been on a retaliation warparth to fuck Ojs exwife. Might be impossible to find out what beef happened between them. Maybe OJ fucked one of his girls? OJ threatened Nicole not to see Marcus again otherwise he would kill her. That obviously means that this was a reoccurring issue.

-Marcus Allen broke a lot of bro codes if that OJ statement is true (He told Marcus that they were USC bros and that they should not do this to each other). Normally stuff like what Marcus did would stay a secret back in the day. Nowadays TMZ would have known the minute after he fucked Nicole the first time. He has been an analysis on TV for a while now. This will make him look bad to more people now than the relative few that knew before. He seems to something of a dirty mack. I'm sure his social circles might shrink a little bit after this latest episode.

What do you guys think about this?

Spot on breakdown TK

Just to touch on your thoughts about the infancy of black resistance particularly in CA. Let's not forget the mid-60's saw the Watts riots along with formation of the Panthers and community resistance. A lot of those folks saw what was happening a few hours north of them, empathized with them and saw a correlation between their conditions and relationship with authority.

I agree this lengthy detour had nothing directly to do with the film's subject, but the conditions of the time provided the director with an easy, if not clumsy segue.

The documentary I posted (below) indirectly paints the picture of post-WW2 Los Angeles that grew more and more segregated with blacks almost being quarantined and sectioned off to the far south. That isolation and neglect naturally created a strong resentment in these communities. Of course, the instances that you referenced in the film were poor instances as they didn't tell the entire story of those encounters.

The fact is a mini-series like this will never fully cover all the hostility between law enforcement and those communities and some of the resulting fallout has been a certain victim mentality, but it's important we stay even-handed nonetheless.

MDP

Quote: (06-15-2016 08:18 AM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

IIRC, OJ was sentenced in Nevada the same day "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" premiered.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Looks wise, I take the 18 year old Marguerite over the 18 year old Nicole. Marguerite was a fucking knockout, to me anyway.

I wonder if OJ used her for a piñata too?

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

Quote: (06-15-2016 01:01 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Spot on breakdown TK

Just to touch on your thoughts about the infancy of black resistance particularly in CA. Let's not forget the mid-60's saw the Watts riots along with formation of the Panthers and community resistance. A lot of those folks saw what was happening a few hours north of them, empathized with them and saw a correlation between their conditions and relationship with authority.

I agree this lengthy detour had nothing directly to do with the film's subject, but the conditions of the time provided the director with an easy, if not clumsy segue.

The documentary I posted (below) indirectly paints the picture of post-WW2 Los Angeles that grew more and more segregated with blacks almost being quarantined and sectioned off to the far south. That isolation and neglect naturally created a strong resentment in these communities. Of course, the instances that you referenced in the film were poor instances as they didn't tell the entire story of those encounters.

The fact is a mini-series like this will never fully cover all the hostility between law enforcement and those communities and some of the resulting fallout has been a certain victim mentality, but it's important we stay even-handed nonetheless.

That's an excellent documentary. That was spot on as well. Segregation in LA, as well as other legitimate discrimination could have been used to highlight the problems if they wanted to make that argument. The drugs angle alone is too much of a factor, that the OJ doc failed to mention as well. This series should have stayed out of it.

These two episodes was akin to billing a customer for some PC repair work, then the customer complains about their financial software not working correctly. Sorry but that is out of scope for mere PC repairs. Cannot help you there buddy.

They should have stayed in their lane. That subject is too big and too nasty to squeeze into a documentary about OJ. Clumsy is the perfect word to describe this. I hope the next episodes stay out of that territory and focuses more on OJ himself, his family, the court case, and other people around it. We really don't need a shitty 15 minute history lesson on California's racism and Rodney King. That would be a 5 volume saga of movies. It just screams lazy and agenda.

Quote: (06-15-2016 01:11 PM)YossariansRight Wrote:  

Looks wise, I take the 18 year old Marguerite over the 18 year old Nicole. Marguerite was a fucking knockout, to me anyway.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I honestly for the life of me, cannot see Nicole as beautiful. I know I am biased and not really into blondes, but OJ kinda came off as a IRT over putting Nicole on a pedestal. Too many people in the show glossed about how pretty she was. She has a manish jaw and her hair was too damn short too, even for me and I like shorter hairstyles. She looked ugly as hell to me in their wedding video. Just felt like serious blonde inflation going on the whole time.

I thought well, maybe he just like fresher stuff until the oneitis stuff kicked. Then it was pretty clear he was IRT'ing like a thirsty beta.

It's pretty obvious he prefered white women, but come on... They even showed the Hertz CEO, talking about how OJ was supporting her entire family financially, which is why Nicole was begging him not to kill his endorsement deal.

I still haven't wrapped my head around that one completely.

Back to Nicole, I bet his oneitis was based upon how she treated his kids his previous ones and their 2, and that she obviously let him get away with being too rough or degenerate. That awkward to discuss dynamic is a feature on our Dubai Porta Potty thread. White girls will have limits on certain shit with non white dudes. OJ seems to like paying for things with his mere presence alone. That only gets you so much. He obviously was simping for his wife though.

I'm surprised no other women have stepped forward with a rape claim by now. I guess they figure he is broke and in prison. They still might do it for the attention though.

Quote: (06-15-2016 01:42 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2016 01:11 PM)YossariansRight Wrote:  

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I honestly for the life of me, cannot see Nicole as beautiful. I know I am biased and not really into blondes, but OJ kinda came off as a IRT over putting Nicole on a pedestal. Too many people in the show glossed about how pretty she was. She has a manish jaw and her hair was too damn short too, even for me and I like shorter hairstyles. She looked ugly as hell to me in their wedding video. Just felt like serious blonde inflation going on the whole time.

I thought well, maybe he just like fresher stuff until the oneitis stuff kicked. Then it was pretty clear he was IRT'ing like a thirsty beta.

It's pretty obvious he prefered white women, but come on... They even showed the Hertz CEO, talking about how OJ was supporting her entire family financially, which is why Nicole was begging him not to kill his endorsement deal.

I still haven't wrapped my head around that one completely.

Back to Nicole, I bet his oneitis was based upon how she treated his kids his previous ones and their 2, and that she obviously let him get away with being too rough or degenerate. That awkward to discuss dynamic is a feature on our Dubai Porta Potty thread. White girls will have limits on certain shit with non white dudes. OJ seems to like paying for things with his mere presence alone. That only gets you so much. He obviously was simping for his wife though.

I'm surprised no other women have stepped forward with a rape claim by now. I guess they figure he is broke and in prison. They still might do it for the attention though.

^^Thank you. When you consider the absolute buffet of poon he had...looks wise, she wouldn't make the table.

I'm not saying she's ugly, but I'd categorize her as nondescript.

Interesting take on rape claims. Yeah, there's no green getting squeezed from that stone.

Regarding Marcus Allen-- that's been public info for awhile. OJ forgave him for that and they continued to be friends afterward.

Which is one thing I find so strange.

OJ forgave Marcus, he forgave Nicole several times for fucking other dudes. Nicole invented a thing called the Brentwood Hello, where she'd blow a guy while he was asleep, in the Brentwood condo that OJ bought her.

His willingness to forgive people who did him wrong was astounding.

Nicole has a hard face. Repellent from the start. It cancels out her looks.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (06-15-2016 02:01 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Regarding Marcus Allen-- that's been public info for awhile. OJ forgave him for that and they continued to be friends afterward.

Which is one thing I find so strange.

OJ forgave Marcus, he forgave Nicole several times for fucking other dudes. Nicole invented a thing called the Brentwood Hello, where she'd blow a guy while he was asleep, in the Brentwood condo that OJ bought her.

His willingness to forgive people who did him wrong was astounding.

Really? Dude, for any Natural or even regular connoisseurs of Game, hating any dude for fucking your woman is a bad play, especially if you and the chick are divorced. They exposed a fault in your broad. The bitch is the problem not him.

Forgiveness of that is not special. He is a Christian for what that's worth, not a Satanist or Atheist. Even a few lousy betas are capable of that. The actual reason for the forgiveness is more important than just merely telling people you forgive them.

What I would like to know is if she was cheating because of his cheating or did she cheat even early on before he went psycho. I also want to know more about all those homosexuals she kept around his kids, while they were married. What the fuck was that all about? They tiptoed around that on the show. That's a redflag for many reasons. I don't recall seeing a post/thread like this in the game section before, but some women use gay friends for cover, to evade the ire of close friends and relatives, while they hoe around. I know I cannot be the only dude that has come across women like this before.

Quote: (06-15-2016 02:27 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Really? Dude, for any Natural or even regular connoisseurs of Game, hating any dude for fucking your woman is a bad play, especially if you and the chick are divorced. They exposed a fault in your broad. The bitch is the problem not him.

Marcus Allen didn't expose anything. Nicole was getting smashed by other dudes before and after him.

So according to your definition I've got wack game then, because I'm not going to remain chummy with my best friend who smashed my chick.

Although on another note, this is a shot in the dark, but it may be an upper-class black athlete thing.

Marcus Allen banged Nicole.

Marguerite cheated on Al Cowlings with OJ, and OJ later married her.

D-Wade and Shaq were smashing Lauren London at the same time while they were teammates. D-Wade was also with Gabrielle Union at the time, and Shaq idiotically told a Newsweek writer everything because, surprise surprise, he was trying to nail her as well.

Then there's the whole Superhead thing where she got with half the Association over a two year span.

Another factoid not related to chicks that I find interesting: Ron Artest became close friends with the guy that threw the beer on him at the Malice at the Palace, and they text daily.

Quote: (06-15-2016 02:48 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2016 02:27 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Marcus Allen didn't expose anything. Nicole was getting smashed by other dudes before and after him.

So according to your definition I've got wack game then, because I'm not going to remain chummy with my best friend who smashed my chick.

Although on another note, this is a shot in the dark, but it may be an upper-class black athlete thing.

Marcus Allen banged Nicole.

Marguerite cheated on Al Cowlings with OJ, and OJ later married her.

D-Wade and Shaq were smashing Lauren London at the same time while they were teammates. D-Wade was also with Gabrielle Union at the time, and Shaq idiotically told a Newsweek writer everything because, surprise surprise, he was trying to nail her as well.

Then there's the whole Superhead thing where she got with half the Association over a two year span.

Another factoid not related to chicks that I find interesting: Ron Artest became close friends with the guy that threw the beer on him at the Malice at the Palace, and they text daily.

You read too deeply into that. I said "hate". You said you are not going to be chummy friends with him anymore because he smashed your chick. There is a major distinction there. Even then, does hatred of a guy that betrays you make your game "wack". No not necessarily. You can have good game and not tolerate betrayers like that, but is that a red pill way of looking at the situation? No not necessarily either. When you said chummy, that sounds like you guys won't go hunting with each other. That did not mean you would rush him if you saw him walking down the street either. You know your friend better than we do. If there was another reason to get away from him, that's your call, no one here will rag on you for that.

You should read that thread about a forum member having a beer with a dude that he caught fucking his chick. I cannot find it in the search for some reason and I forgot who posted that thread. It was a good read.

Also, I don't think public toilet sharing is a black athlete thing either. White Hollywood celebs pass around the same busted bitches like some communal urinal as well.

Haven't watched any of this but if you're wondering if there's an agenda behind it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/sports....html?_r=0

Quote:Quote:

ESPN’s Site on Sports and Race Is Nearing a Long-Awaited Debut

The Undefeated, ESPN’s long-gestating website on race and sports, is expected to finally come to life on Tuesday morning, nearly three years after the media giant conceived it.

The stand-alone site is a significant gamble by ESPN to appeal to African-Americans with daily and long-form journalism, commentary, podcasts, music, comedy, blogs, video and live coverage of events. The site will have four sections: sports, culture, historically black colleges and universities, and a stream of joyful items called The Uplift. Each day, the site plans to have 10 to 15 new pieces of content.

The debut will be on the 62nd anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education, which declared racial segregation in public schools unconstitutional.
“We’ve all been getting ready for this huge thing to happen,” said Danielle Cadet, a senior editor who joined The Undefeated in September 2014. “I don’t know if I’ve realized it yet. It’s all very surreal.”

Kevin Merida, a former managing editor of The Washington Post who was named the site’s editor in chief in October after the original one was dismissed, said, “We hope it will feel robust.”

One of the site’s goals, Merida said, is to be expansive about its view of the world it is covering. At a meeting Tuesday in Manhattan with members of the news media, he said: “There is no one way to be black. No one way to be white. No one way to be a millennial. And no one way to be a sports fan.”

For a time it was reasonable to think that ESPN would shutter The Undefeated and chalk up a loss in its boutique website business.

First, there was the reign of its founding editor in chief, Jason Whitlock, a longtime columnist whose lack of management experience caused internal strife and prompted his dismissal from the site last June (and his subsequent departure from ESPN for FS1). Then came the closing last October of Grantland, ESPN’s acclaimed, four-year-old sports-and-culture site, months after the sports-media giant’s split with its editor in chief, Bill Simmons.

If Grantland could not survive long without Simmons or pull its weight financially, would ESPN proceed with The Undefeated?

It has, which suggests that ESPN might be very indulgent if The Undefeated is not an advertising or audience magnet. To do what Whitlock could not, ESPN hired Merida, a calm, experienced leader who was the first African-American managing editor at The Washington Post. But ESPN retained The Undefeated name, which comes from a quotation by Maya Angelou, and its original mission to be a prominent voice on race.

“Race is the subject of our time,” Merida said, when asked why he wanted to tackle the subject. “We can’t escape it. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t have that confidence.”

Sports Newsletter
Get the big sports news, highlights and analysis from Times journalists, with distinctive takes on games and some behind-the-scenes surprises, delivered to your inbox every week.

Describing his desire for the site to be “unapologetic and brave,” he added: “I will be fearless but not reckless. We want to be smart and cool. We want to be a thought leader.”

At one point during the gathering, Marie Donoghue, the ESPN executive vice president who oversees The Undefeated, looked at Merida and said, “This is my most successful deal ever — to bring Kevin over here.”

Donoghue’s trust in Merida underscores how much ESPN believes in his ability to produce a compelling and, more important, enduring site that will be original, independent and complementary to ESPN’s television programming and digital properties like espn.com.

Merida’s success will rest on people embracing a site that is far more ruminative than espn.com, which is packed with scores, game stories, analysis and highlights — as well as narrative journalism. He wants people talking about it in his barbershop — and many other places, virtual or otherwise. “And if they’re on Snapchat or Twitter,” he said, “I’d want The Undefeated’s work to find them.”

Donoghue added: “We want to engage an audience that finds something we’re not currently offering at ESPN.”

In a subsequent interview, she said that expectations for The Undefeated were based partly on its ability to sell sponsorships by being active on other ESPN platforms. “The benefit and value of The Undefeated to the company will be beyond the site,” she said.

The nearly three years it has taken to start The Undefeated has caused the site to miss opportunities to cover subjects of interest to its potential audience, including the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement, the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, Prince’s death and Stephen Curry’s back-to-back M.V.P. seasons. But covering the political conventions and examining President Obama’s cultural legacy await, as does Merida’s plan to ask Obama to contribute to the site after Jan. 20.

The site’s delay has been a slog for Cadet and the six writers who were hired during Whitlock’s regime and have stayed — putting stories in a bank but seeing the site remain stubbornly dormant. They have been joined recently by several new hires made by Merida.

“For a lot of us, it’s been sort of mentally keeping our heads above water, professionally, personally and mentally,” Cadet said by telephone.

When she left The Huffington Post, where she edited its Black Voices section, Cadet recalled thinking, “This could go really well or it could go really badly.” But even as the internal drama played out, she thought that the site would eventually launch.

“I thought it might happen but I wouldn’t be here for it,” she said. “I felt I might be cheering it on from a different stage of my life.”

Now that the site is days away from reality, she said: “The craziest thing about The Undefeated is that it could be a movie. And we haven’t started yet.”

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Quote:Quote:

First, there was the reign of its founding editor in chief, Jason Whitlock, a longtime columnist whose lack of management experience caused internal strife and prompted his dismissal from the site last June (and his subsequent departure from ESPN for FS1). Then came the closing last October of Grantland, ESPN’s acclaimed, four-year-old sports-and-culture site, months after the sports-media giant’s split with its editor in chief, Bill Simmons.

Jason Witlock is fat, a male-feminist, a race-troll, and a terrific loser. He might even be gay for all we know, I would actually take a 100 dollar bet that he is. Everything he talks about is how us black people getting screwed out of something. He is always gay shaming other blacks all day long too. If anyone thinks Stephen A Smith is a race troll, they have no idea, how much worse Jason Witlock is. The amount of excuses that come out of his mouth are cringe worthy enough that even ESPN pushed him out.

He has the shittiest sports takes on top of all of that. How this fat idiot keeps a job is beyond me. He does not seem to be friends with stars like how LeBron James is with Brian Windhorst (the sports reporter).

If he was a major reason this was created, that does not surprise me. He and others at ESPN were cheerleading Sam kissing his boyfriend on draft night. ESPN has gotten extremely SJWish in the past 2 years. I try not to use their site, but it is hard. I have switched to ProFootballTalk and BleacherReport myself.

It was just a matter of time before their excellent 30 for 30 series and other untainted shows get a touch of SJW agenda. This OJ one, might be the first one to test the water. Next will be Jenner stuff and more in your face homosexual stuff. Brittney Griner special with her girlfriend(s) anyone?

I watched episode 1. The guy had a great life, and threw it all away for man jawed wall-approaching 6.

He was 46 when he killed her and Goldbergstein. That's still relatively young, and he was still handsome and fit looking and had money and celebrity status.

Take care of those titties for me.