rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Every thread about Uruguay that I have encountered on the forum has been about Uruguay being extremely similar (unfortunately) to Brazil with regards to girls. Most of this information seems to be from the capital city of Montevideo. What about smaller, mid tier cities such as Salto? I am planning a trip to Floripa soon in Brazil and was wondering whether or not a second or third tier Uruguayan visit would be worth it or is mid tier Uruguay just as bad as Argentina and Montevideo.

Mid Tier Uruguay?

I've lived in Uruguay and been to Brazil and I wouldn't say that the girls are extremely similar. On the contrary, I find them quite different. A girl from Monetvideo has almost nothing in common with a girl from SP or Rio.

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Quote: (05-31-2016 02:04 AM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

I've lived in Uruguay and been to Brazil and I wouldn't say that the girls are extremely similar. On the contrary, I find them quite different. A girl from Monetvideo has almost nothing in common with a girl from SP or Rio.

What about Floripa or Porto Alegre?

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Go to a beach in Uruguay and then go to a beach in Floripa. Your beach experience will be very different. In Floripa or the south in generell, the girls might look similar (white) but that's it. If you head further north the difference becomes bigger.

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Quote: (05-30-2016 06:39 PM)trinity Wrote:  

Every thread about Uruguay that I have encountered on the forum has been about Uruguay being extremely similar (unfortunately) to Brazil with regards to girls. Most of this information seems to be from the capital city of Montevideo. What about smaller, mid tier cities such as Salto? I am planning a trip to Floripa soon in Brazil and was wondering whether or not a second or third tier Uruguayan visit would be worth it or is mid tier Uruguay just as bad as Argentina and Montevideo.

Dude, how many people do you know would spend there vacation on second tier Uruguay? Cities with less then 100,000 people, who probably look exactly like you.

Uruguaian women are like Argentines but only slighty better.

Just hang in second tier Brazil

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Boi boi, you´ve been on the forum a long while and seem to have made a lot of threads already. Why not some datasheet on Uruguay if you lived there? Not many forum intel on the place, especially not on second tier cities. Just a suggestion, no criticism.

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Quote: (05-31-2016 04:39 PM)rottenapple Wrote:  

Boi boi, you´ve been on the forum a long while and seem to have made a lot of threads already. Why not some datasheet on Uruguay if you lived there? Not many forum intel on the place, especially not on second tier cities. Just a suggestion, no criticism.

I lived in Montevideo but this was 15 years ago. Although Uruguay is a slow-moving country, my intel would be very outdated.

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Quote: (05-30-2016 06:39 PM)trinity Wrote:  

The question is hard to understand because it sounds like you are telliing us like it is. Have you been to any of these places yet?

Stop trying to figure out exactly what they will be like before you get there.

You are wondering whether it would be "worth it." You are just going to have to take that risk. Either you are interested or not.

Mid Tier Uruguay?

As far as girls, there is no reason to go to Uruguay over Brazil or Argentina. And beyond girls, Uruguay has become a less and less desirable place in the last few years, in my eyes. Crazy prices on food and most other goods, one of the worst bureaucracies on the continent, and some of the laziest and most depressing attitudes you could imagine.

Don't be fooled by International Living articles from 2005. The party in Uruguay is definitely over- and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be to begin with.

Yes, high season in Punta has a lot to offer, but it is in no way representative of Uruguay in general.

Americans are dreamers too

Mid Tier Uruguay?

Both Brazil and Uruguay second tier cities are good choices. First try different cities for few days and you may find really nice gems