rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Convention Game

Convention Game

It was a lazy evening in the bar earlier this week in Providence, Rhode Island. Providence is a small, economically depressed city that doesn't seem to have a whole lot to recommend it for game purposes, aside from cheap drinks and easy parking, and a couple colleges. It's frankly kind of "ratchet" in a lot of areas.

Suddenly one of the best looking girls I'd seen in a while walked up next to me at the bar. I chatted with her and asked the usual logistics-gathering questions at some point. A solid "7.5" in her 20s, blonde with glasses. An Eastern European accent that I couldn't place.

"Well, you see, I'm in town for a few days for the convention. I'm staying at a hotel nearby..."

This got my attention and the wheels went into motion. Sadly, before I could push forward she zipped outside to sit down at the patio with four male co-workers(?).

But it got me thinking. That area has several convention centers, and tourism for that purpose is apparently a big part of the state's business...most of the buildings downtown seem to be hotels. It seems like doing some sort of hotel bar game during major conventions might be a pretty interesting approach to night game. It's low effort, the city is essentially right down the road from me. Easy parking and cheap.

Any suggestions on event selection, dress, bar selection, judging who's open to approaches, and so on?

There's an event coming up in July called "Sexuality, Spirituality & The Body: The Art and Science of Somatic Psychotherapy"

Interesting. Sounds like the kind of thing those "earthy" chicks might be into.

Convention Game

Seems like this might be an unexplored avenue, which is exciting in itself. If I have a chance to get any further experience I'll definitely report back.

I think someone did a datasheet about anime/comic cons somewhere, so I'll look at that...though I'm not really interested in cosplayers with personality disorders.

Convention Game

Great opportunities for fresh tides of women, and ready made opener "you here for the conference?"

They usually end up in certain bars near the conference centers, they are bored, away from home and fair game.

Convention Game

If you ever manage to speak at these convention things .. great high value opener .. girls will open you !

Convention Game

Quote: (05-27-2016 07:49 PM)cosworth Wrote:  

If you ever manage to speak at these convention things .. great high value opener .. girls will open you !

Absolutely true, just another reason to expand your horizons and have connections in high places.

Convention Game

Someone here mentioned dental hygienist conventions in a thread a while back. At the time I looked it up and saw they were having this years convention in some place like Philly. The websites will list the dates, schedules, and even which hotels to book. The next day I forgot about it.

This is a thread worthy topic though and hopefully we will have some guys with experience chime in.

Conventions to keep an eye out for: Dental hygienists, nurses, teachers/administrators, any type of sales. We know how these girls are one on one, imagine hundreds of them all in a nice hotel in a strange city for the weekend.

I have had success at sales conventions and school administrator conventions, but those were strictly due to social circle.

ETA:
Funny timing of this thread, the Annual ADHA (American Dental Hygienist Association) Convention is June 8-14th in Pittsburgh, not Philly. Maybe we have some members in the area who could look into this and report back.
http://www.adha.org/annual-session

Convention Game

Providence Place is America's greatest mall!!

FishCo? I'm in. Man, RI, what a gem.

I like the angle you're getting at here. All those conventions are advertised well ahead of time as well. Nursing convention may cause me to go go marcobot and self destruct.

This thread has legs..

Convention Game

One of the conventions coming up is the 2016 American Gymnastics Championships...

Convention Game

Quote: (05-28-2016 02:21 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

One of the conventions coming up is the 2016 American Gymnastics Championships...

You'll have to bring pedophile game then.

Convention Game

^ Why is that? I'm only aware of guys on this forum being interested in legal age girls- girls that act exactly like all other girls across the world in the ideal age range that many are interested in bedding down (18-29). Gymnasts are girls, too... right?

I really hope you reconsider posting your data sheet on pedophile game. We are not interested!

Convention Game

Quote: (05-28-2016 08:48 PM)Gustavus Adolphus Wrote:  

^ Why is that? I'm only aware of guys on this forum being interested in legal age girls- girls that act exactly like all other girls across the world in the ideal age range that many are interested in bedding down (18-29). Gymnasts are girls, too... right?

I really hope you reconsider posting your data sheet on pedophile game. We are not interested!

1) I was joking. It might have been a poor joke, but I don't think it was particularly subtle.

2) The participants in the American Gymnastics Championships are not going to be 18-29 unless they are there as young mothers.

Of course there will be some talent there, but I don't think this is really the convention you want to attend if you are seeking 18-29-year-olds.

Convention Game

^Just playing a little forum defense and giving you shit. I could tell you were joking, I thought it was funny. These are your early days... and they will pass!

Edit: I have seen your other posts, this is all in good humor by me. I look froward to seeing your progress in your approach thread. Best of luck!

Convention Game

I like Anime cons. Never pulled from one, though. This was back when I was in my early game days, and one time I had a girlfriend at the time.

I wanted to go to Otakon in DC alone this year. I believe it's the biggest anime con on the east coast. but getting a single room near the convention center is around $700 bucks for two nights. Holy fuck.

Not only are these prices due to the event, but the convention center is near a pretty waterfront lake-type place. I'll pass for this year.

But yeah, cons are great in that a lot of the work is already done for you: Logistics, reason for being there, things to talk about, bars and stuff. However, I think men have the most luck with solo girls. I don't think girls in groups have much of a reason to stray with a stranger unless she really likes you.

On the negative side, many girls that go to these anime events aren't that great looking. However, it's more of a relaxed party atmosphere with skimpy costumes during the day, burlesque shoes in the evening, and raves late at night.

There was a good write-up on this topic on RoK. Much better info than I could post.

Convention Game

Also, if you guys would like to have a bit of an inside peak on the types of cons/festivals out there and what the talent might look like, check out this guy's channel. He's hilarious, too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BadgeofShame

Convention Game

Definitely something to be explored. A friend is an electrician here in Chicago. He told me when he was younger and working downtown an older electrician took him to the hotel bars when they would get off work.

He said they were sure to wear tshirts that advertised the fact they were tradesman. He said they had a lot of luck with women in town for conventions. Since they were around guys all day in suits and ties (depending on the trade show) many were drawn to the blue collar guys because they were different. And in better shape.

When I was a young guy in my 20's there was a hairstylist convention here. My friend and I hit up one of the hotels and picked up two girls. An important thing to remember about younger women and girls at conventions is that they will be sharing rooms.

My friend took his girl to his truck. I spent a lot of time trying to find somewhere secluded to take mine. No bang. [Image: sad.gif]