rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Anthony Bourdain Thread (RIP)

I watch this show all the time and it drives me crazy.
This guy is traveling the world, getting paid and is married?

Please somebody tell me he's banging daily behind the scenes.I can't stand the thought of being in that position and not pulling nightly.
[attachment=2837]

Quote: (08-23-2011 09:49 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Please somebody tell me he's banging daily behind the scenes.I can't stand the thought of being in that position and not pulling nightly.

I just saw the one he did on Naples Italy. He had his wife with him in some of the segments. Yeah, he is famous and travels the world, but behind it all, I think he is still a typical beaten down American male.

At least he married up.

Quote: (08-23-2011 10:11 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

I just saw the one he did on Naples Italy. He had his wife with him in some of the segments. Yeah, he is famous and travels the world, but behind it all, I think he is still a typical beaten down American male.
Which males are less beat down than Americans? I would think that we are on top overall.
Roosh, Women love that dude! I have the travel channel on in my office permanently.Any women who comes in and sees that show on says that.

From his wiki:
Quote:Quote:

Bourdain married his high-school girlfriend, Nancy Putkoski, in the 1980s, remaining together for two decades before divorcing; Bourdain has cited the irrevocable changes that come from traveling widely as the cause of the split.

Anthony Bourdain is exactly how I will model my player lifestyle videos. I truly hope one day I can wing him in a foreign country.

Mixx

Because this forum is somewhat homogeneous when it comes to putting priority on sex in our lives, we tend to be surprised when there are people that do not share this.

Some people are simply not as drawn by this. I know a guy whose major passion in life is sailing, he has little but token interest in women (and he functions very well socially and is a good looking dude).

Not saying Bordain is that kind of guy but we shouldn't assume that everyone has the same sex drive.

Quote: (08-23-2011 10:47 AM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

From his wiki:
Quote:Quote:

Bourdain married his high-school girlfriend, Nancy Putkoski, in the 1980s, remaining together for two decades before divorcing; Bourdain has cited the irrevocable changes that come from traveling widely as the cause of the split.

That's his ex-wife. He's currently married to Ottavia Busia.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Who knows what he does right now, but I think from his books he swooped mad girls.

Not to mention the cat did tons of drugs and hit rock bottom at one point (or more than one point).

The guy basically has a dream life.

Great comeback story.

"Anthony Bourdain is exactly how I will model my player lifestyle videos."

Good move Mixx.

Quote: (08-23-2011 11:09 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Because this forum is somewhat homogeneous when it comes to putting priority on sex in our lives, we tend to be surprised when there are people that do not share this.

Some people are simply not as drawn by this. I know a guy whose major passion in life is sailing, he has little but token interest in women (and he functions very well socially and is a good looking dude).

Not saying Bordain is that kind of guy but we shouldn't assume that everyone has the same sex drive.

This.

It's easy to forget that this lifestyle isn't for everyone and that not everyone is interested in it.

I have to remind myself of this when I assume my friends want the same things I do and I catch myself giving them unsolicited advice.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (08-23-2011 11:09 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

I have friends like this and it mindboggles me.
My buddy looks like a model driving around in his AC cobra and can sell snow to an eskimo.
He does not care about playing women at all. I was yelling at him about it the other day he told me he has not had sex in years because its not worth the trouble. WTF?

@ Caligula, But how? This drives me crazy! I just don't believe this is real. Is an imbalance?

Hmm I watched the guys show and was not impressed. Am I missing something?

Quote: (08-23-2011 11:25 AM)bmn200 Wrote:  

I don't understand this either.What did you not like about it?

Quote: (08-23-2011 11:20 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

@ Caligula, But how? This drives me crazy! I just don't believe this is real. Is an imbalance?

Haha. I can relate; I really don't know. Lower sex drive? Insecurity? It's hard to tell.

I have a friend who is very good looking, rich and alpha. Gets approached by hot freaks all the time. He's oblivious to it, has his long-term girlfriend and is happy with that. He's had wild sexual escapades in the past but seems content to check out of the game for now and focus on his business.

My sense is that Bourdain keeps a (high-quality) steady back in the states and collects easy tail abroad simply based on his fame and alpha vibe.

Tall white guy with mad paper in random places abroad = pussy monsoon

The fact that his wife is proper tells you this guy isn't broken. He just double-shifts his life. I could see myself doing something along these lines at his age, though with an airtight pre-nup or, preferably, no marriage contract at all.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I don't think he is messing around at all. He takes his wife to many of his shoots.

He is a tv celebrity with a cooking/travel show. I am sure he has quite a large female following. If he is caught cheating he will be crucified in the media and most likely end up losing his show. Due to the largely female demographic many of these channels have, they won't want to touch him. I think he has way way too much to lose.

Quote: (08-23-2011 11:25 AM)bmn200 Wrote:  

I guess it depends on personal preference.

I like seeing beautiful countries and travel.

And I dig food, so I like the food/drinking/smoking perspective that he has.

He is a great writer and has the gift of gab.

I would almost go as far to say it's the only watchable program on TV.

Here's another of his wife... I have seen episodes filmed in the morning and he's pretty hungover. What is he doing all night?
Hopefully the same thing that I would.
[attachment=2843]
Did he marry up?

el mechanico -

Perfect evidence of why you don't want to bring a foreign wife to America. They become Americanized (ie douchebag clothes, cell phone constantly in hand, throwing up phony gang signs, and sticking out tongues).

I bet if he kept her there she would be sitting at a cafe in Italy, drinking espresso, smoking a cigarette, dressed to the nines in high heels like a lady.

If you've read Bourdain's books you'll see he's a serial monogamist and not a womanizer. I don't think he's cheating on his wife.

I'd bang his wife, but her arms are looking mighty soft in the gang picture above.

Quote: (08-23-2011 10:17 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

At least he married up.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[Image: ottavia_busia_2381826.jpg]

[Image: Ottavia+Busia+2011+Can+Awards+Dinner+Y5jL7_K4dg1l.jpg]

Imagine meeting a girl like that online and then getting a date - expecting the girl in the first pic, and getting the one in these. Welcome to online dating!

Edit: Just found this, from a year and a half ater the first pic:

[Image: anthony_bourdain_5582181.jpg]

She's all over the place.

Problem is we here believe any man with fame/money/status should have a harem of 20-year-old Russian models. For the current American standard of celebrity marriages, he went up.

She is all over the place in those pics.

There's a good episode of his show where they visit his wife's family in Sardinia. In that episode, she seems pretty cool.

Love Tony Bourdain, and I can't wait to see his episode in Belém.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

I would be banging Padma Lakshmi if I were him, she seemed to be quite enamored with him when he appeared on Top Chef.