rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is a week in LA too long?

I currently live in NYC and am considering a weeklong West Coast trip this summer. Do you think a week is too long, considering I already live in NYC?

Would that time be better spent somewhere abroad - such as London, Europe, or both?

Have you been to the West Coast before?

A week is not too long if you are hitting multiple cities.
Depends what the purpose of your trip is, if you are coming for the West Coast experience and plan to do some surfing, beach and just general exploring a week isn't too long at all.

3.5 days in LA and 3.5 days in San Francisco will go by fast and you wont be bored during that time. You have LA in the thread title but said west coast trip so I dont know if you plan to rent a car and drive up the coast. Highly recommended, do it in a convertible on Pacific Coast Highway, you will thank me later. If you are only doing LA though with no rental car then 7 days is enough time.

If you are coming for girls there are threads on LA and San Francisco. Odds of a decent lay in a few days are gonna be higher up in San Fran. Top players come to LA and take losses without any guidance.

Comparing to London? Europe? Thats a completely different experience. Which experience are you looking for?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (05-14-2016 10:35 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Have you been to the West Coast before?

A week is not too long if you are hitting multiple cities.
Depends what the purpose of your trip is, if you are coming for the West Coast experience and plan to do some surfing, beach and just general exploring a week isn't too long at all.

3.5 days in LA and 3.5 days in San Francisco will go by fast and you wont be bored during that time. You have LA in the thread title but said west coast trip so I dont know if you plan to rent a car and drive up the coast. Highly recommended, do it in a convertible on Pacific Coast Highway, you will thank me later. If you are only doing LA though with no rental car then 7 days is enough time.

If you are coming for girls there are threads on LA and San Francisco. Odds of a decent lay in a few days are gonna be higher up in San Fran. Top players come to LA and take losses without any guidance.

Comparing to London? Europe? Thats a completely different experience. Which experience are you looking for?

Azulsombra is making good sense. If you're focusing on LA only, a week would be fine. You won't get bored. Are you a museum fan? Norton Simon in Pasadena, the Getty, the Huntington Library are all top notch. Academic? Like lecture series? Hit UCLA, USC, Pomona, Cal Tech, and so many others; Beaches? Santa Monica, Redondo, and Venice. Some of the greatest restaurants are found in LA, not to mention theatre. Chinatown also has a lot to offer. It's a great city, but the only drawback is having to drive everywhere as it's so spread out and the public transport can take forever.

I was considering LA only for the week. I've been before but only once.

I'm looking for the best place as a solo traveler, I wouldn't rent a car, but would Uber everywhere.

I was thinking I could do London for a weekend and then go to Europe for M-F.

Not sure yet...

Quote: (05-14-2016 09:49 PM)NextStop100 Wrote:  

I currently live in NYC and am considering a weeklong West Coast trip this summer. Do you think a week is too long, considering I already live in NYC?

Would that time be better spent somewhere abroad - such as London, Europe, or both?

A week isn't long at all, heck, you might need more. L.A just by itself is so big you'll take forever just to do all the things you can in the city between the beaches, museums, theaters, restaurants, sports teams, areas like Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc. , but you can also do a L.A-San Diego trip (San Diego is two hours south and accessible by train) and can throw in Vegas for good measure too.