rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Women are less happy than men in marriage"

Women are less happy than men in marriage, so why does the media insist otherwise?

Quote:Quote:

To Post Secret, a project that collects personal secrets written artistically onto postcards, someone recently sent in the following bombshell: “Ever since we started getting married and buying houses,” she writes, “my girlfriends and I don’t laugh much anymore.”

We're off to a great start by basing an entire article on a single gif from that well known scientific journal Post Secret.

Yet she ignores the evils of buying houses to focus on the true devil's deal: getting a man to commit to you in body and soul through marriage. The horror!

Her personal secret is, in fact, a national one. It’s part of what has been called the “paradox of declining female happiness.” Women have more rights and opportunities than they have had in decades and yet they are less happy than ever in both absolute terms and relative to men.

Marriage is part of why. Heterosexual marriage is an unequal institution. Women on average do more of the unpaid and undervalued work of households, they work more each day, and they are more aware of this inequality than their husbands. They are more likely to sacrifice their individual leisure and career goals for marriage. Marriage is a moment of subordination and women, more so than men, subordinate themselves and their careers to their relationship, their children, and the careers of their husbands.

Sure thing, buddy. Men are definitely the ones pushing women to get married. And of course, most women would be much happier if they actually did subordinate themselves to a strong man.

Compared to being single, marriage is a bum deal for many woman. Accordingly, married women are less happy than single women and less happy than their husbands, they are less eager than men to marry, they’re more likely to file for divorce and, when they do, they are happier as divorcees than they were when married (the opposite is true for men) and they are more likely than men to prefer never to remarry.

Translation: too old and unattractive to attract a man after torpedoing one marriage.

The only reason this is surprising is because of the torrent of propaganda we get that tells us otherwise. We are told by books, sitcoms, reality shows, and romantic comedies that single women are wetting their pants to get hitched. Men are metaphorically or literally drug to the altar in television commercials and wedding comedies, an idea invented by Hugh Hefner in the 1950s (before the “playboy,” men who resisted marriage were suspected of being gay). Not to mention the wedding-themed toys aimed at girls and the ubiquitous wedding magazines aimed solely at women. Why, it’s almost as if they were trying very hard to convince us of something that isn’t true.

Women are the #1 consumers of all that shit in essentially every nation in the world. You're the customer, you get the media you choose.

But if women didn’t get married to men, what would happen? Marriage reduces men’s violence and conflict in a society by giving men something to lose. It increases men’s efforts at work, which is good for capitalists and the economy. It often leads to children, which exacerbate cycles of earning and spending, makes workers more reliable and dependent on employers, reduces mobility, and creates a next generation of workers and social security investors. Marriage inserts us into the machine. And if it benefits women substantially less than men, then it’s no surprise that so many of our marriage promotion messages are aimed squarely at them.

That sounds like the skeleton of an argument that marriage is an essential part of a successful civilisation.

[Image: NPyHgTkMStCXC.gif]

Author: Lisa Wade, PhD

Before receiving her MS and PhD in sociology at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, Lisa earned an MA in human sexuality from New York University and a BA in philosophy from the University of California – Santa Barbara.

With a bio like that, she has to be slim and super-hot, right? Right?

[Image: TZserSQ.jpg]

Oh. WNB.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Yet poor, deluded men out there will stay on the treadmill hoping to make women happy when it's a Sisyphean endeavor, to say the least. [/align]

She's obviously got a grudge against marriage. You see this all the time in feminists. They try to lie about what other women want to align other women to what they personally want, thus making themselves look hip and on top of fashion and popular ideas, and also to sweep the fact that they're an undesirable slut under the rug whilst everybody is distracted.

If I met that woman, I would ask her this question: what would've been the evolutionary out-come of women who did as she suggests? That is, women who weren't instinctively driven to pair-bond? The answer: they would've suffered a major blow to their reproductive effectiveness and thus been out-reproduced by women who were driven to be more committed to pair-bonding, and thus the phenomenon she's suggesting can't scientifically exist.

It's the easiest way to tackle this feminist bullshit - just learn sociobiology and filter it through evolution to see whether it's even plausible to begin with. The sad ho - there's a reason she thinks this way (that marriage is unappealing), and it's because decent, respectable men won't marry her, so of course she doesn't like it.

Everybody move along now.

There are literally hundreds of factories running three shifts a day to pump out the Xanax required to keep post-divorce, post-wall future cat ladies "happy".

Women dancing behind the pied piper of feminism are not exactly going to admit they're miserable are they?

"Oh yeah. I go home to an empty apartment, sit on the couch and unfurl my labia before drinking three bottles of wine. Who could want for more?"

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (05-06-2016 09:15 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

"Oh yeah. I go home to an empty apartment, sit on the couch and unfurl my labia before drinking three bottles of wine. Who could want for more?"

LOL So true. It just goes to show how detached from reality these women are. I'm married with 2 daughters, and my wife has confessed she'd want to kill herself if I took her children away from her - that's how committed a real woman is to the family. Motherhood and, indeed, wifehood meshes into the soul of a real woman. Feminists are just the ruined corpses of women who were fucked to death by modern culture.

"So, what do you really want?"

[Image: vgLzSii.jpg]

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

New article: Modern women like to complain about everything.

I used to make fun of Sociology majors when I was at Madison. It was enjoyable.

Breaking news: Post-2nd wave feminism women are never happy no matter what.

In other news, after years of intense scientific study, researchers discover that water is wet.

UC Santa Barbara and NYU are probably the two biggest cock carousel universities for girls on either coast. Well maybe one of the Florida schools could give NYU a run for its money.

She is not the norm by far.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (05-06-2016 09:15 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

There are literally hundreds of factories running three shifts a day to pump out the Xanax required to keep post-divorce, post-wall future cat ladies "happy".

If you live in a city a serious drinking water filter is important(and a shower one if you have money)
All the chems in our water seriously mess with us and the birth control pills tank test levels.

Anybody else notice the blatant logical contradiction here?

the “paradox of declining female happiness” - Women have more rights and opportunities than they have had in decades and yet they are less happy than ever in both absolute terms and relative to men.

Okay, fair enough.

Accordingly, married women are less happy than single women

So logically, the overall marriage rate should therefore be going up, then.

Right?

Oh, wait....

[Image: marriages_divorces_per_capita.png]

... guess not.

The pathetic hilarity of these people is that even when they see that their theorized utopian policies have drastically negative side-effects that they never envisioned, they still find reasons to double-down and keep pushing their deranged ideals.

HSLD

The thing to keep in mind that is that most women have a very poor grasp of the law of unintended consequences.

Exhibit A:

[Image: votes-for-women.jpg]

Exhibit B:

[Image: prohibition-women.png]

Exhibit C:

[Image: scranton-police-dumping-beer-during-proh...tudios.jpg]

Exhibit D:

[Image: Prohibition-gangster.jpg]

In summary, giving women the right to vote gave them their very first chance to use emotion over logic in a very large and real sense. In came Prohibition which ended up with more drinking of booze than before it was illegal, a rampant underground system of violence and untaxed goods and finally ending when men came to their senses and instituted the 21st Amendment.

In short, you can't trust women to make choices logically.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein