rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

BYU Punishing Sexual Assault Accusers for Misconduct

Just came across this story on CNN. Report says female students coming forward to Brigham Young University Campus Title IX officials about alleged sexual assaults are being reprimanded for their actions that lead to alleged assaults - actions which are in violation of the school's honor code. Drug use, alcohol consumption, etc. Go figure.

The story cited here is a good one:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/health/bri...sity-rape/

Quote:Quote:

Brooke's nightmare began in February 2014, when she was a freshman. She said she had taken hallucinogenic drugs just before being assaulted. She was with a group of guys at an off-campus apartment. She admitted that she took the drugs voluntarily, thinking everyone else was going to do them, too. But she said she ended up being the only one.

"He started, like, touching me and stuff, so I tried to get up and leave. And then, right when I was leaving, two other guys came in and grabbed me and were like, 'You can't leave.' And then they shut the door and locked it," Brooke said.

Brooke, who does not want her last name made public, alleges that all three men "did stuff" to her. "Then the other two left, and it was just the main guy, and basically over the course of the next 45 minutes, in different ways, he raped me," she said.

When her alleged attacker left, Brooke grabbed a blanket and ran from the apartment to get help. Police responded and took her report. Ten days later, she decided not to move forward with any charges, afraid of reliving the horror over and over again through the often long and arduous trial process.

However, Brooke told her story to BYU's Title IX office, which handles student sexual harassment and sexual violence investigations. She said her rapist was a student, and she wanted to make sure he didn't victimize anyone else.

"I thought there would be some mercy, you know," Brooke said. "I told them everything, and because of the fact that I was on drugs, they used that reason to kick me out of school after reporting it."

[Image: ae16e93d2a00241cdf2c89e90c155aee.jpg]

So she got high with a group of strange men, some guys "did stuff," and some other guy "basically raped" her.

She never mentioned any sort of penetration here. She claims she wanted to "make sure he didn't victimize anyone else" (just the one guy, not the others?) yet she never pressed charges with the police, you know, the people who can actually make sure he doesn't hurt anyone else if he is the predator she claims him to be.

I actually think this school is finally taking the right approach - taking the piss out of false rape accusations. Women who are irresponsible at best, and vengeful malicious liars at worst shouldn't be able to ruin a man's life with a shaky allegation to a school official. If the assault was real then you go to the police and press charges to take a predator off the streets.

The girl in this story above, Brooke, claims she did go to the police and file a report, but refused to go through the process of bringing anyone to justice because she did not want to have to "relive" the events - yet she has no issue echoing the story in detail to her campus officials, and then going on to be interviewed about it by CNN.

Guaranteed that this story will be used by SJWs to try to force BYU, and other Christian/conservative colleges across the United States, to abolish their Honor Codes regarding personal, moral, and sexual conduct. The classic problem-reaction-solution method of SJWs strikes again.

These colleges are one of the few national institutions that haven't been forcibly 'realigned' to suit SJW purposes. No doubt they would love to force the American Christian colleges to deify abortion, gay marriage, and sexual promiscuity as they have done.

HSLD

Sort of related discussion I was having yesterday with a hot waitress friend in her mid-20s... sister is a senior in high school, 18 years old.

"So Hank. My sister lost her virginity."
"Oh? She could have called me... I'd of been gentle. Just kidding. I would have destroyed that..."
"Hank! C'mon, I'm being serious. So get this. Apparently everyone and school found about it and it got back to the principal."
"That's a bit intense. She's 18, so who cares? What did he do?"
"He called our parents and told them."
"Were they pissed?"
"Yeah Hank, they were super pissed! They grounded her, took her car, and the whole nine yards."
"Guess she'll have to wait for college to smut it up?"
"So she came to me and asked what to do. She's leaning towards telling everyone she was unconscious or that she was raped."
"Well, is that true?"
"No, she wanted it. But now she's pissed off about being in trouble, her parents knowing about it, and the school knowing about."
"Obviously you're going to do the right thing and tell her not to do that."
"Of course! That would ruin that boy's life forever, just because she doesn't feel like being grounded."

Sadly, this kind of shit is becoming the norm.

Roosh's law. All public accusations are false. Won't tell trained professionals like police because its to traumatizing but will tell untrained "professionals" ie gender studies majors/Title IX officers and the national media.

She should have just worn this shirt instead:

[Image: I-Cant-Im-Mormon.png]

All kidding aside, sounds like another unhinged college girl that can't think for herself. Let me see, she had to take drugs because "everyone else" is doing them?

[Image: facepalm.png]

Talk about a total herd mentality. This is why dorms used to be separated on campus. Watch this attention whore try to play it against the school, even though she broke the honor code and all this (alleged) "stuff" happened off campus. Hope BYU expels her as a warning to potential future attention whores.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

BYU is a private university. The biggest danger for BYU is that the feds can cut off student loans and such. That does qualify as "federal funding" now. The Mormon church has a lot of money, and I seriously doubt they will allow any changes to their codes. They might very well shut down BYU before letting that happen.

I don't agree with religion, but it's nice to see that some people will stand by their values. Mormons are about the only Christians out there who actually take Christianity seriously. They really do believe in marriage and family.

Yeah, good for them. There are a lot of effed up things about the Mormon church, but you have to respect their dedication to traditional values.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Plot twist: she wasn't raped.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-30-2016 03:35 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

"No, she wanted it. But now she's pissed off about being in trouble, her parents knowing about it, and the school knowing about."
"Of course! That would ruin that boy's life forever, just because she doesn't feel like being grounded."

Puke. This is contrived, it is obvious you are writting for a crowd, or reaction.

Quote: (05-01-2016 12:14 AM)sylo Wrote:  

Quote: (04-30-2016 03:35 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Puke. This is contrived, it is obvious you are writting for a crowd, or reaction.
If you can not believe that a woman will not go great lengths to dodge social stigma, then you need to find a woman and befriend. Just so that you can hear the degenerate bull crap she talks about with other women.

My little brother's at BYU and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say about this.

For those who think that Mormons are traditional, yes, they teach that it would be slightly preferable if women stayed home with the kids, but they also are huge teachers of marriage and gender equality. Until very recently I actually used to go to a Mormon singles congregation (YSA Ward). Naturally gender issues came up often there. Although often contrary to official views, I'd hear individuals talking about how husbands should obey and serve their wives (no joke), about how great homosexuals are, about how horrible fat shaming is (Lindsey Sterling was usually brought up as an example for that topic), and other such nonsense. This is nothing uncommon for young Mormons to believe. There have been dramatic changes taking place in the past few years, but even ten years ago they were fairly feminist, even officially. The modern Mormon view of women is to worship them, I think. They used to be pretty red pill though. Hope I don't cause any Mormons offense, but a tidal wave sinks all ships, even beautiful ships.

Quote: (04-30-2016 03:21 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

Guaranteed that this story will be used by SJWs to try to force BYU, and other Christian/conservative colleges across the United States, to abolish their Honor Codes regarding personal, moral, and sexual conduct. The classic problem-reaction-solution method of SJWs strikes again.

These colleges are one of the few national institutions that haven't been forcibly 'realigned' to suit SJW purposes. No doubt they would love to force the American Christian colleges to deify abortion, gay marriage, and sexual promiscuity as they have done.

Unfortunately it's already happening:

Catholic colleges embrace gender ideology in housing policies

The College of the Holy Cross, a Jesuit, Catholic institution in Worcester, Mass., will implement a new housing policy in the 2016-2017 academic year that embraces gender ideology...

The updated housing policy “will allow students of different sexes to room together based on gender identity,” according to an April 29, 2016, report in the campus newspaper The Crusader.

At the University of San Francisco (USF), the gender-inclusive housing description was recently updated to indicate that students at the Jesuit-run institution should develop their own understanding about gender identity, including recognition that “human beings are not necessarily male or female as ascribed by their assigned gender at birth.”

A few weeks back Georgetown University (which is Catholic) hosted a talk by Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards.

I expect it will be like our nations military, they're will be some that hold out from the Left's influence longer than others, but in the end they will succumb too.

Quote: (05-05-2016 02:38 AM)Laska Wrote:  

For those who think that Mormons are traditional, yes, they teach that it would be slightly preferable if women stayed home with the kids, but they also are huge teachers of marriage and gender equality. . . . There have been dramatic changes taking place in the past few years, but even ten years ago they were fairly feminist, even officially. The modern Mormon view of women is to worship them, I think. They used to be pretty red pill though. Hope I don't cause any Mormons offense, but a tidal wave sinks all ships, even beautiful ships.

Nothing new (from 1990), the 24/7 media onslaught submerges all:

The central temple ceremony in the Mormon Church has been changed to eliminate the woman's vow to obey her husband and other elements that some members said were offensive and outdated.

In the new version of the rites, women now pledge to obey God and to merely listen to the advice of their husbands.

"That's the most significant change in the church since blacks received the priesthood in 1978," said Ron Priddis, vice president of Signature Books in Salt Lake City, an independent publisher of Mormon-oriented books. "In a church that is so patriarchal, that's quite a step."

Quote: (05-05-2016 06:02 AM)Renzy Wrote:  

A few weeks back Georgetown University (which is Catholic) hosted a talk by Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards.

I expect it will be like our nations military, they're will be some that hold out from the Left's influence longer than others, but in the end they will succumb too.

I don't have a problem with Georgetown U hosting this talk. This is what a college campus should include, a forum for differing opinions held in a setting with rational speakers and audience. If you disagree, then speak your mind at the Q and A. This is only a bad thing when SJWs and Trigglypuffs waddle through the doors screaming incessantly about some shit.

Quote: (05-05-2016 10:55 AM)Crisp Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2016 06:02 AM)Renzy Wrote:  

I don't have a problem with Georgetown U hosting this talk. This is what a college campus should include, a forum for differing opinions held in a setting with rational speakers and audience. If you disagree, then speak your mind at the Q and A. This is only a bad thing when SJWs and Trigglypuffs waddle through the doors screaming incessantly about some shit.

As a Catholic, I agree that we should debate our ideological opponents. If this was a debate where the two sides could go at it, I'm all for it. But if they hosted a "talk" where she was free to spout nonsense without any rebuttal, then shame on Georgetown.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Re: Renzy

All medieval universities of Europe were built by Church. Now Church brought to its knees by State.

Now imagine a guy who spent the most productive time of his life by making money. Then he decided to uphold tradition and donate a big chunk of them for the same cause because “somebody has to; and if not me then who”. In a sense he sacrificed his life, not all but significant part of it which he spent on making these money. Yes, it is nothing less than partial sacrificing of life to honor his God and built the institution!!

He is a noble man and true aristocrat. The problem is that nobility is not transmitted sexually. And he looks into eyes of his son and doesn’t see that spark that he has. So he sets up foundation of the university he built, writes constitution of the foundation and hires bureaucracy to manage the foundation. Then he dies.

Then university is under attack and bureaucracy has no such concept as “sacrifices”. They know how to make deals and how to protect their positions and incomes. And if they don’t know then they hire a lawyer.

Generally speaking it is always easier to destroy then to build. That’s why “progressives” and others who aim to destroy tradition will always win.

Don't know how to qoute, but I can confirm what scrambled said about the endowment ceremony. There were other changes too. Reading the original temple ritual is interesting as the story parts show gender differences so clearly. The way that early Mormonism differed from common neomasculine thought is that in Mormonism, women were expected to conciously choose to be responsible, submissive, and faithful despite heavy pressure, propaganda, and yes, their almighty FEEEELINGS. I doubt women are truly capable of that, but maybe the expectation served to reinforce the traditional minded social pressure that used to exist.

Why can't there be just one church that shares our views of women when the Bible itself teaches it?

Quote: (04-30-2016 07:01 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

She should have just worn this shirt instead:

[Image: I-Cant-Im-Mormon.png]

All kidding aside, sounds like another unhinged college girl that can't think for herself. Let me see, she had to take drugs because "everyone else" is doing them?

[Image: facepalm.png]

Talk about a total herd mentality. This is why dorms used to be separated on campus. Watch this attention whore try to play it against the school, even though she broke the honor code and all this (alleged) "stuff" happened off campus. Hope BYU expels her as a warning to potential future attention whores.

This thread needs more pix

[Image: main-qimg-156bdc610b15094c85c0e23165a9b5..._webp=true]

[Image: Julianne-Hough-320x479.jpg]

[Image: 3b170a9a49dc481f4868739df6fab0b6.jpg?itok=m7NYm-9V]

Quote: (04-30-2016 03:21 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

BYU is one of the firmest universities in regards to culture preservation. They established an LDS value bubble there, and BYU is one of the main forces in preserving it.

So of course you're right. SJWs are spinning it as "girl gets raped and BYU punishes her."

What really happened? From what I've gathered, girl files police on sexual misconduct, report establishes (hard) drug use, report gets to BYU, BYU sees hard drug use, BYU imposes their Honor Code—the most significant factor to them being protected from the Union of Social Marxism at large.

Look at it soberly and anyone can see this is not about punishing a rape victim.

The girl claims she was raped. Maybe she was. Probably wasn't. But let's say she was. It doesn't absolve her from her actions. She broke the Honor Code. She should be fucking booted.

Let's say she cheated on a test, then two minutes after leaving the classroom was tackled and raped. Should she still be in school? No. She cheated, then was raped. Something bad happened to her, but that is an entirely separate fact from her breaking a fundamental rule.

What if a man murdered someone and then was the victim of a DUI hit-and-run. Should we clear him of murder because he got his spine snapped in a wreck by a drunk driver? And if you say no, you're a "victim blamer?" How retarded is that.

This BYU girl is jumping on the Rape Train to get the media to make her look like an angel so she can be absolved of stupid choices that otherwise would have ruined her life.

Getting fucked while on hard drugs and then claiming rape is not a pass to do whatever the fuck you want.

Also, BYU girls:

[Image: XpN3Ncr.jpg]

[Image: t6v4Ey4.jpg]

[Image: rW9YkAq.jpg]

Quote:PapayaTapper Wrote:
you seem to have a penchant for sticking your dick in high drama retarded trash.