rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DHV or DLV? Or how to make it a DHV

I have an OKCupid first date tomorrow- happy hr drinks at a bar I frequent.

I'm wondering about whether or how to tell the following story:

I've lost 10 pounds in the past two months. My friend and I were in Vegas, and over the Planet Hollywood buffet the last day, we were talking about how we'd gained weight since law school. We decided on a weight loss bet to motivate us. I had to go from 207 to 190 [I'm 6'4", so I was never fat] by a few week from now or pay him $750. I've been running stairs, biking, and cooking more.

I think the story has good and bad qualities and seek your advice.

Not to be rude or rain on your parade but 10 lbs in two months isn't exactly stellar, I'm not sure what you expect to gain by telling the "story." Are you bragging about the weight loss or the bet? The girls I know could care less, but that's just me.

Personally, I'd never bring up weight loss in any conversation with a girl, period. I've done it in the past with regard to college weight gain, but I don't know if there's a way to put such a positive spin on it (or why you'd want to). Either way you look at it, it's still weight loss.

That's the kind of thing I might talk to friends about, not girls.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (07-18-2011 09:29 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Personally, I'd never bring up weight loss in any conversation with a girl, period. I've done it in the past with regard to college weight gain, but I don't know if there's a way to put such a positive spin on it (or why you'd want to). Either way you look at it, it's still weight loss.

That's the kind of thing I might talk to friends about, not girls.

Quite true. The only time I talk about weight with women is tease them that they envy my ability to eat like a pig and not pick up a gram.

I lose ten pounds in 2 weeks. it took you 2 months? obviously not working out and obviously not "207lbs"

Do you look overweight to a casual observer? If so then this story would just remind her of a flaw in your appearance.

Do you look thin? If so then she will be reminded how you used to be fat and probably didn't get any women.