rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Esther Hicks and the Law of Attraction

It seems like everyone lately has told me that to read stuff by Esther Hicks and her work on the "law of attraction." It's also referred to as "Abraham Hicks," although Abraham is a character. Does anyone here have an opinion of her work?

I searched the forum and was kind of surprised I couldn't find anything.

What do you think of the "law of attraction"?

Here is one of her videos:

Esther is apparently a channeller of a collective of spirits calling themselves Abraham. The Secret was derived from the Hicks' work.

I've seen enough evidence in my life to be convinced of the LOA, though it's not a case of writing a shopping list and waiting for everything to magically find it's way to you. Positive thinking is basically an offshoot of this and I've found that if I imagine a successful outcome before attempting a difficult task, I'm more likely to succeed.

The problem is that The Secret always eliminates the action part between the desire and the outcome, whereas Think And Grow Rich - a book that Jerry Hicks references - is a more practical, realistic way of harnessing the LOA.

The LOA is well worth studying but with so much snake oil out there, you need to review your sources with a critical eye.

Stefan Molyneux's saying that you must surrender to what is, is also worth keeping in mind.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Thank you for identifying the bitch that started all the problems.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I believe like attracts like and the old world, blue pill phrase "opposites attract" was something parents told their kids, to help them cope with their mediocrity.

Before finding the red pill, I was your standard 40 hour a week office worker. Had no greater ambition, business wise.
The only way I earned extra cash back then was by literally collecting other peoples scraps (scrap metal) and busting my ass to recycle it for chump change.

Then I came across Victor Pride's blog, stumbled upon Goodlookingloser, then Gorilla Mindset, then Roosh and lastly Iron and Tweed.
Since soaking up as much information about 2 to 2.5 years ago I have accomplished these things in business:

1) Now Part Owner of the company I once slaved for.
No fucking joke.

2) Chief Marketing Officer for a rapidly growing Start-up that is being mentored by some high level guys @ Sequoia Capital (Popular Investment Firm), we are looking to Exit this company in 2018 after Angel.co Seed Funding rounds throughout 2017.

3) Co-Founder of a Cannabis blog that is now gaining 2,000+ Unique views per month and starting to churn a profit & about to start selling E-Books to our huge mailing list.

4) Work Part-Time as a Sales Manager for a buddy of mine who owns an Animation, Sound/Video Editing, SEO/Marketing Studio.

5) I personally know and have a huge network of CEO's, CTO's, COO's, CMO's, Graphic Designers, Web Developers, Programmers, Marketers, Salesman and Investors that I can call @ any time of day for help or information.

I no longer work 40 hours a week doing mind numbing data entry and I will never collect scraps for chump change ever again.

Am I filthy rich? No. Still not there yet but I am so much closer than I was a couple years ago.

All this because of a mindset shift.
Again, Like attracts Like.

It's mostly new age crap.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Esther Hicks has disavowed The Secret. I found The Secret to be simplistic, but I understand why it's done so well.

I'm mainly wondering about the whole "vibration" thing and how we "vibrate" with other people. We tend to attract those who match our "vibe" and repel those who don't.

One problem I do have with new-age stuff is that it lacks little detail and speaks in generalities. If you ask one of these people, "How do I make an omelet?" or "How do I change a tire?", they might just say, "Put your mind to it." Obviously there is more to either activity than just "putting your mind to it." It certainly helps if you do put to mind to it and believe that you can do it, but there is still more to doing either one.

You can't go into detail if the basic theory is all fluff.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (04-22-2016 05:15 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

Esther Hicks has disavowed The Secret. I found The Secret to be simplistic, but I understand why it's done so well.

I'm mainly wondering about the whole "vibration" thing and how we "vibrate" with other people. We tend to attract those who match our "vibe" and repel those who don't.

Around the same time I was into the LOA material, I was also reading up on quantum physics at a basic level (mainly due to the holographic universe theory). The double slit and other experiments where particles seemed to exhibit some sort of intelligence made me more convinced that the basic theory behind LOA might have something going for it.

But as I said, there's an awful lot of bad info out there, published by major corporations and backed by millions in slick marketing. You have books advising you to use the LOA to heal yourself of shit like cancers and other life threatening illnesses. To me, that's the equivalent of Steve Jobs' fruitarian diet, which of course worked wonders for him.

More than anything else, I believe that when studying the LOA you need to read a lot of sources and try to figure out the guiding principles to work out how to incorporate it into your life.

This idea that you can just wish shit like TVs, cars and hot women into your life while doing nothing about it is wishful thinking, like we're already in the fourth dimension or something (supposedly that dimension is less dense than this one, and your thoughts are instantly manifested physically).

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Quote: (04-23-2016 03:32 PM)Praetor Lupus Wrote:  

Around the same time I was into the LOA material, I was also reading up on quantum physics at a basic level (mainly due to the holographic universe theory). The double slit and other experiments where particles seemed to exhibit some sort of intelligence made me more convinced that the basic theory behind LOA might have something going for it.

But as I said, there's an awful lot of bad info out there, published by major corporations and backed by millions in slick marketing. You have books advising you to use the LOA to heal yourself of shit like cancers and other life threatening illnesses.

My focus is on finding good information. Complaining about bad information doesn't help me find good information.

My focus is also on how this specifically applies to relationships and interactions with other people. I'm looking at how I can bring the good people into my life. This includes romantic relationships, work relationships, and other areas of my life.