rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

any other smokers out there?

hey,was just wondering if anybody else on here has had lots of success meeting women just out of the blue (ie waiting for the bus, on break at work, etc)while having a smoke? I find that it tends to work best outside the clubs obviously, if only just because theres much more of them to choose from. I usually always ask if i can use their lighter to start up a conversation and try to carry it from there.

anyway, has anybody found any good convo openers to carry the conversation beyond the "do you got a lighter on you?" line? I find compliments tend to work really well after but was wanting some other views on this.

Quote:Quote:

I find compliments tend to work really well after but was wanting some other views on this.

the smoker scene is totally interesting to me. Its becoming really like strange to be a smoker where I live. Its 5 pc of people now. I know it used to be alot higher.

Maybe because of this a smoker chick will feel much more comfortable with another smoker guy - like vegetarians.

Compliments like what?

"For the true meaning of victory ask the defeated warrior"

Quote: (02-09-2009 02:21 AM)twigman Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

I find compliments tend to work really well after but was wanting some other views on this.

Compliments like what?

usually just they're style (if they have a classy look too them...which i would consider my own style) or even just a compliment on something about their appearance.

Cool. I think that would go across pretty well. Everybody wants to be noticed for their style!

"So is this where the bad girls hang out?"

Smoking and picking up go together like ... Anyways, it is perfect as asking for a lighter is the most basic entry point into any conversation (you get in close, it is unthreatening) and you can ask virtually anyone, bumming a smoke is a good one too but you look like a broke ass bum. But if a girl asks you for one in a way she kind of owes you some conversation. Another perk is that it works in any part of the world, and it is reasonably easy to learn the word for fire in say Polish (olgaine) lighter in Ukrainian (zappernitchke), as for all this style crap it is all bullshit. As for the bad girls hanging out, a good rule of thumb, although not exact is that if she smokes cigarettes she gives head.

Quote: (02-10-2009 10:07 PM)College Gamer Wrote:  

Smoking and picking up go together like ... Anyways, it is perfect as asking for a lighter is the most basic entry point into any conversation (you get in close, it is unthreatening) and you can ask virtually anyone, bumming a smoke is a good one too but you look like a broke ass bum. But if a girl asks you for one in a way she kind of owes you some conversation. Another perk is that it works in any part of the world, and it is reasonably easy to learn the word for fire in say Polish (olgaine) lighter in Ukrainian (zappernitchke), as for all this style crap it is all bullshit. As for the bad girls hanging out, a good rule of thumb, although not exact is that if she smokes cigarettes she gives head.
yeah, i never put myself in the position in which i need to bum smokes lol.I always budget an extra 30$ for 2 packs to last me if Im ever really tight for money. What do you say if a random hot chick comes up and asks if you sell/smoke/want to buy weed? Happens to me a lot tbh as I work at the biggest mall in a city of 800,000. one time I used "I'm actually an undercover cop but if you do some sweet talking I'll let you off on this one",with a bit of a grin and that led into a pretty hilarious conversation which led to me getting her number. any other ideas?

If she smokes, she pokes....not big on cigs, and dont know too many hotties that smoke. A totally different story if you go overseas tho.

If you want a good run down on the smoker personality and some good party conversation check out Blink by Morgan Gladwell (?). A best seller. Nice read. Its a great book for all kinds of interesting info.

Useful for isolation, changing the vibe, building rapport, et cetera.

I recently started smoking cigarettes (about 3 months ago), regrettably enough, but have found oddly enough that its helped my game immensely. I've found that, especially at parties and bars, it gives you a few things. One, for some reason, smoking gives you kind of an instant aura of mystery if you play it off properly. Obviously, any dude that disappears into a corner for an hour to chain smoke will look creepy, but there will almost always be others outside to talk to/interact with while you're smoking. This has the benefit of, if you are working on a girl(s) inside, you have an excuse to disappear for a moment and get them to wonder where you went, then when they look for you they see you outside chatting casually with other people, presumably who you've just met, which is a big value-adder. It also has the benefit of meeting girls while smoking, casually, then when you see them back inside you already have a brief shared experience to build on. Obviously, its also a great quick way to isolate if you are with a girl who smokes and you want to get her out of the crowd and into a quieter, more intimate setting. I've found lighting a cigarette for a girl has an unexplicable attractive power.

I quit, and you should too. Yes, I have met an amazing girl while I was in Rome because she lit my cigarette, and boy was she sexy, but in the end, I think quitting is great for many reasons, like being able to breathe right and not smelling like shit. On another note, there are other conversation starters besides the regular cigarette ones. Like, asking for directions even if you know the way, asking for the time and moving on to something you notice about her. A great resource is Maniac High's work... http://www.pickupguide.com/sits.htm
I love Maniac High.

Quote: (02-09-2009 01:48 AM)KCT0673 Wrote:  

hey,was just wondering if anybody else on here has had lots of success meeting women just out of the blue (ie waiting for the bus, on break at work, etc)while having a smoke? I find that it tends to work best outside the clubs obviously, if only just because theres much more of them to choose from. I usually always ask if i can use their lighter to start up a conversation and try to carry it from there.

anyway, has anybody found any good convo openers to carry the conversation beyond the "do you got a lighter on you?" line? I find compliments tend to work really well after but was wanting some other views on this.

Last two girls I dated I met when having a smoke. The smoking tribe has easier time striking up conversation and relating. We are outnumbered and on the run - easy to relate to one another. Smoking might be a total turnoff for non-smoking sporty types though.

I smoke when I drink. I agree with Hangover that the 'smoker tribe' have some sort of implicit common ground.

Smoking wasn't something a picked up until recently. Prior to that I used to carry around a book of matches because plenty of the women I was after happened to smoke. The weed thing perked my eyebrows because it reminded me of how more likely a chick will be willing to go with you to some remote, secluded, area if it meant getting a hit off a bowl or bong. There seems to be this code amongst pot smokers that we're all just cool and trustworthy like that.

I myself don't smoke weed but would always bring chicks back to my lair (and they were always more than willing regardless of where we were) because my roommates smoked weed and it would be a simple score. I've brought chicks home a few times after having only met them for about 10 minutes. They ask if for weed and you really don't need to run some kind of line to get them back to your place because it almost becomes automatic that they will because they want to get high.

I don't smoke but I do notice a sub-culture among smokers.

I work as a bouncer at a nightclub in Toronto and you cannot smoke in bars here anymore. So everybody has to smoke outside. At our club it's off to the side of the front door. Anyway, that seems like way to pick up chicks. Getting a light and starting up a conversation.

Quote: (05-01-2009 03:39 PM)SonnyJ Wrote:  

I work as a bouncer at a nightclub in Toronto and you cannot smoke in bars here anymore. So everybody has to smoke outside. At our club it's off to the side of the front door. Anyway, that seems like way to pick up chicks. Getting a light and starting up a conversation.

Absolutely agree with SonnyJ. I try to limit my smoking but I don't go to bars/clubs anymore without first buying a pack. Conversations pick up very fast when you're outside smoking. Ah, who said that smoking is bad for you???

Quote: (05-08-2009 12:22 PM)Hangover Wrote:  

Quote: (05-01-2009 03:39 PM)SonnyJ Wrote:  

Absolutely agree with SonnyJ. I try to limit my smoking but I don't go to bars/clubs anymore without first buying a pack. Conversations pick up very fast when you're outside smoking. Ah, who said that smoking is bad for you???

Although I don't smoke, I do carry a lighter with me all the time just in case a cutie comes up asking for a light.